PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2009 Opponents Set

jjpro11
12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
with the end of the regular season sunday, we now know all the teams the steelers will face next season.

HOME: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Oakland, San Diego, Green Bay, Minnesota, Tennessee

AWAY: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Kansas City, Chicago, Detroit, Miami

miami and tennessee were the unknowns heading into the season.. but since both finished first, we get them.

revefsreleets
12-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Very manageable...

SCSTILLER
12-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Seems a hell of a lot easier than this years schedule!

MJ5150
12-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Great road schedule. I'm going to go to the Denver and KC games.

-Mike

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I am loving this schedule, lots of very manageable road trips..... Going to Chicago (well of course, I LIVE here.. how awesome is THAT), Detroit, Cincy, and Kansas City

BehindSteelCurtain
12-29-2008, 07:48 PM
It seems a whole lot easier but that's just referring to this year. Teams can get better through the off-season. I mean look at the Jets, at this time last year, say we saw that we had the Jets. We're thinkin, easy win. The Jets have a HUGE off-season including Favre, Faneca, Jenkins. In my opinion, you can't judge how hard your schedule is until after the season is over and all of the regular season games have been played.

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 08:12 PM
with the end of the regular season sunday, we now know all the teams the steelers will face next season.

HOME: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Oakland, San Diego, Green Bay, Minnesota, Tennessee

AWAY: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Kansas City, Chicago, Detroit, Miami

miami and tennessee were the unknowns heading into the season.. but since both finished first, we get them.

the ones that are bolded.. can be a whole dif story next yr.. depending on what parcels does

MJ5150
12-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Cleveland is years away from being any good. No worries from those jokers.

-Mike

St33lersguy
12-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Lions game a whole different story? If you can't win a single game in a full season & only a single game in your last 24 you don't belong in the NFL.
Much easier, 7 games against pure crap, Denver probably has a glum future ahead, we can certainly beat them and their two good players + I think Aaron Rodgers will destroy the packers franchise and Miami could end jup proving they were a one year wonder

SaskSteeler
12-29-2008, 09:59 PM
is anybody else happy we got the nfc north and afc west this year?

steelreserve
12-29-2008, 10:03 PM
It's too bad the Oakland game isn't being played out here ... but then again, I don't really feel like getting into a fistfight either.

winiarskiaj
12-30-2008, 01:52 AM
Lions game a whole different story? If you can't win a single game in a full season & only a single game in your last 24 you don't belong in the NFL.
wonder

How can you say the Lions can't be a dif story next year? The Dolphins went from 1-15 (ok one game better, but still) to a playoff team. Team's can easily change one year to another.

Not saying Detrioit will be good/great tho, but its always possible.

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::t t03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

plenewken
12-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Seems a hell of a lot easier than this years schedule!

On paper, yes, but in reality, who knows? This year's schedule appeared to be the toughest of all teams, but in reality, there has been much tougher schedules than ours , considering the W/L ratio of the teams we played.

jjpro11
12-31-2008, 09:16 AM
On paper, yes, but in reality, who knows? This year's schedule appeared to be the toughest of all teams, but in reality, there has been much tougher schedules than ours , considering the W/L ratio of the teams we played.

ours still ended up being hard as hell. instead of the browns being good, it was the ravens. jacksonville was a real let down, but the titans made up for it. most of the other teams pretty much lived up to expectations. we played 5 playoff teams.. new england was the only team in what, 20 years, to win 11 games and miss the playoffs.. and dallas was a game out from going. we got houston before they went hot, and we got washington before they went cold.

DACEB
12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
I like the fact we have NO west coast trips. Denver will be the farthest we go.

I think it was undervalued that we had all of our games this season in the eastern time zone.

fansince'76
12-31-2008, 09:17 AM

Lessee - we played 11 games against teams that finished .500 or above THIS season, and 7 of those were against teams going to the playoffs THIS year, with another one of those games against an 11-5 team that probably should be in the playoffs but isn't. Yeah, our 2008 schedule was a real cakewalk all right.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-31-2008, 10:05 AM
WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! I'll be at that Chicago game!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Dizzle43
12-31-2008, 11:54 AM
We got a little lucky not having to go to California in playing the AFC West.

lilyoder6
12-31-2008, 12:15 PM
u see how the jets faired in the west coast... glad we don't have 2 do that

Steelman16
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Seriously, I'm fine with any schedule they give us now.

Still though, our chances of another 1st round bye next year are pretty good.

hindes204
12-31-2008, 03:55 PM
i wish they were coming to cali so i could see them play...i guess its good because now i have a good excuse to go home to the burgh and catch a home game

HometownGal
12-31-2008, 04:21 PM
If we can go 12-4 with this season's schedule, imagine the possibilities with that lineup!

lilyoder6
12-31-2008, 04:57 PM
some of those teams could be a player or two away from being a good team.. like a falcons or the fins....

if det can find a good qb and then w/e they get in the 2nd pick in the first there off can be good with the likes of the qb throwing to johnson and smith running