PDA

View Full Version : Call me a homer

Ricco Suavez
12-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Wille Parker has been hurt and when he has played this year he has just not seem like he is full strength. The last few years he has proven that he is a very good running back. Now what I am leading up to is if Tomlin decides he is our best bet to win than I believe he must be our best option. Not the only option but the best option. Same with any position on the field. I have never read so much discord from fans of a playoff, SuperBowl contending team ever.

I read post after post ranting on Willie, Ben, The Line, Arians, Nate, so many in fact i believe if we had Cheerleaders we would complain about them. Listen, I am a homer, and if you tell me Hines has lost a step, is not getting open as much, maybe even dropping a few more than in the past, then I will consider that for a moment, maybe grudgingly agree. Then I would say there is no one I had rather have, even though there are many receivers out there better. I say this because Hines Ward is our man and he has been good in the past and I expect him to be be good now and for a few more years. Same with Willie, Same with Ben. WE can complain about the play of our Steelers in certain positions but they are what we have. We do not get to wave a magic wand and replace someone with another player from another team, or another player from another era.

We talk about we would do this or we would do that, we would bench this player or trade this player. Our organization has done a wonderful job this year and they deserve a lot of credit, even more so than the defense(who no ones seems to find any fault with,yet). They have made moves that I questioned and yet they (surprise) seem to know more than me.

In conclusion we have plenty of time to nick pick and complain about everything with this team at the end of the season. If we lose we can all expect to hear how this poster was right all along and if Tomlin would have only used his head. Those same posters if we win will more than likely never admit maybe they were too harsh and maybe their expectations were indeed too high.

One last note to my fellow "homers". WE bring a lot of this on ourselves by replying to some of the more vocal critics and fall to the same level. For every Thanks Ben or thanks Willie thread, another thread is started about how they should be benched or the all inclusive thread "they suck". It should not hurt any of us to look at the games we have lost and realized that our heroes have made more than the usual mistakes. I do. But in the end they are on the team that I love, and in the end they are forgiven because while I can see some fault in them I also have seen them do incredible feats on the field.

We are in position to make history. Toughest schedule, outstanding defense, overcoming injuries, issues with our offense(like I said I know of our teams shortcomings) yet we have a very good chance of winning it all.

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
You're a homer! I'm a homer! I think we can do this thing! :tt03:

Ricco Suavez
12-29-2008, 05:17 PM
You're a home! I'm a homer! I think we can do this thing! :tt03:

Did you call me a homey?

stlrtruck
12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm a homer, she's a homer, he's a homer, wouldn't you like to be a homer too!

Cheer the Steelers, Cheer the Steelers!

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Wille Parker has been hurt and when he has played this year he has just not seem like he is full strength. The last few years he has proven that he is a very good running back. Now what I am leading up to is if Tomlin decides he is our best bet to win than I believe he must be our best option. Not the only option but the best option. Same with any position on the field. I have never read so much discord from fans of a playoff, SuperBowl contending team ever.

I read post after post ranting on Willie, Ben, The Line, Arians, Nate, so many in fact i believe if we had Cheerleaders we would complain about them. Listen, I am a homer, and if you tell me Hines has lost a step, is not getting open as much, maybe even dropping a few more than in the past, then I will consider that for a moment, maybe grudgingly agree. Then I would say there is no one I had rather have, even though there are many receivers out there better. I say this because Hines Ward is our man and he has been good in the past and I expect him to be be good now and for a few more years. Same with Willie, Same with Ben. WE can complain about the play of our Steelers in certain positions but they are what we have. We do not get to wave a magic wand and replace someone with another player from another team, or another player from another era.

We talk about we would do this or we would do that, we would bench this player or trade this player. Our organization has done a wonderful job this year and they deserve a lot of credit, even more so than the defense(who no ones seems to find any fault with,yet). They have made moves that I questioned and yet they (surprise) seem to know more than me.

In conclusion we have plenty of time to nick pick and complain about everything with this team at the end of the season. If we lose we can all expect to hear how this poster was right all along and if Tomlin would have only used his head. Those same posters if we win will more than likely never admit maybe they were too harsh and maybe their expectations were indeed too high.

One last note to my fellow "homers". WE bring a lot of this on ourselves by replying to some of the more vocal critics and fall to the same level. For every Thanks Ben or thanks Willie thread, another thread is started about how they should be benched or the all inclusive thread "they suck". It should not hurt any of us to look at the games we have lost and realized that our heroes have made more than the usual mistakes. I do. But in the end they are on the team that I love, and in the end they are forgiven because while I can see some fault in them I also have seen them do incredible feats on the field.

We are in position to make history. Toughest schedule, outstanding defense, overcoming injuries, issues with our offense(like I said I know of our teams shortcomings) yet we have a very good chance of winning it all.

:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit: Very well said. Call me a Homer(by the way that is why I switched my avatar earlier this season)! I also double as a male cheeleader!:cheer::cheer::cheer:

The Duke
12-29-2008, 05:44 PM
You homer

http://www.fashionfunky.com/2007/05/05/homer_beer.jpg

:chuckle:

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 06:01 PM
:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit: Very well said. Call me a Homer(by the way that is why I switched my avatar earlier this season)! I also double as a male cheeleader!:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Got pics? :naughty: :wink02::chuckle:

I'm a cheerleading homer and I'm damned proud of it! :cheer:

Great post Ricco! :drink:

We finished 12-4 - far better than most of us even dreamed possible this season with that absolutely brutal schedule, we're AFCN champs once again, we have the #2 seed in the conference and we're headed into the playoffs. What the hell is there to B & M about??? :doh::banging:

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Got pics? :naughty: :wink02::chuckle:

I'm a cheerleading homer and I'm damned proud of it! :cheer:

Great post Ricco! :drink:

We finished 12-4 - far better than most of us even dreamed possible this season with that absolutely brutal schedule, we're AFCN champs once again, we have the #2 seed in the conference and we're headed into the playoffs. What the hell is there to B & M about??? :doh::banging:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.:naughty::wink02::chuckle:

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I was a homer before it was cool.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:10 PM
I was a homer before it was cool.

You're the trend setter!:tt02: