PDA

View Full Version : How excited would you be if..............

BehindSteelCurtain
12-29-2008, 06:14 PM
We gave the Lions..........Sweed and Colon for their #1 overall pick?

Sure this would probably never happen but then again they are the Lions.

With the 1st overall pick we would take Andre Smith/OT/Alabama. The guy is an animal. We wouldnt even need a guard because this guy takes up 2 posistions. So are O-Line problems would be solved.

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
They can have Willie Colon for nothing.

Just take him......please. :chuckle:

warddj86
12-29-2008, 06:52 PM
How bout, Colon, next year's 2nd rounder, and a 2011 conditional pick for their #1 pick, I feel uneasy about giving up Sweed, I feel we didn't use him to his potential this year.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 06:55 PM
They can have Willie Colon for nothing.

Just take him......please. :chuckle:

You're the best. I swear if you weren't already married, I would ask you.:toofunny:

fansince'76
12-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure we can fit a $60 million contract with $30+ million of it guaranteed for an unproven top-5 pick into our existing salary structure, no problem. Just say goodbye to the dominant D to do it.

The Duke
12-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure we can fit a $60 million contract with $30+ million of it guaranteed for an unproven top-5 pick into our existing salary structure, no problem. Just say goodbye to the dominant D to do it.

:thumbsup:

exactly. I'd take colon over some unproven overpaid rookie

I would trade our 1st, colon and sweed for kuhn though :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
12-29-2008, 07:20 PM
:thmbdown: if they traded there first round pick it would be dallas first rounder they got for williams

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:26 PM

It would take our whole draft to get Kuhn tbh.

Rhee Rhee
12-29-2008, 07:33 PM
andre smith just got suspended form sugar bowl... not the kind of publicity needed for a potential top 5 pick..

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 07:35 PM

Its time to move on Duke.

Nighthawk
12-29-2008, 07:36 PM
:thmbdown: if they traded there first round pick it would be dallas first rounder they got for williams

Actually wouldn't mind Dallas' first round pick over ours :thumbsup:

The Duke
12-29-2008, 07:36 PM
It would take our whole draft to get Kuhn tbh.

Our whole draft plus ben. He sucks anyway :rolleyes:

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:42 PM

:toofunny::rofl::laughing:

Hapa
12-29-2008, 07:42 PM
andre smith just got suspended form sugar bowl... not the kind of publicity needed for a potential top 5 pick..

That must hurt so much for Alabama. He's such an important part of their team, especially for something so stupid.

BehindSteelCurtain
12-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Smith was suspeneded for contacting his agent or something. It wasn't anything bad.

Stlrs4Life
12-29-2008, 08:17 PM
I take that trade, but doubt Detroit does that.

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 08:20 PM
That must hurt so much for Alabama. He's such an important part of their team, especially for something so stupid.

but the thing is that... they are playing UTAH... not saying utah is a bad team... but i mean they haven't played any Real teams

MJ5150
12-29-2008, 09:20 PM
No thanks. I like Sweed. I certainly don't want some #1 draft pick punk kid coming into PGH acting like he owns the place.

Besides, we create dominating o-linemen in PGH. We'll have a good unit here soon enough.

-Mike

MACH1
12-29-2008, 10:56 PM

Might as well throw Willie in there, he sucks too. :rolleyes:

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Might as well throw Willie in there, he sucks too. :rolleyes:

Throw in Jeff Reed and you got yourself a deal. He missed two FG's this season. :couch: :chuckle:

Steelers & I
12-30-2008, 04:35 AM

:sofunny:

It really sucks that we had Kuhn and let him slip away. That prompts me to ask this question:

Which players release would you consider to be the Steelers biggest blunder?

1. John Unitas
2. Len Dawson
3. Preston Pearson
4. John Kuhn

stillers4me
12-30-2008, 06:03 AM
Johnny Unitas.

And not drafting Dan Marino............. :doh:

markymarc
12-30-2008, 06:47 AM
I love it how our entire OL is pretty bad and yet people only want to call out Colon and of course now trade him. Unbelievable. Boy these next 11 days should be fun.

TackleMeBen
12-30-2008, 09:39 AM
I take that trade, but doubt Detroit does that.
if millen was still there, he probably would, because he is stupid.

BehindSteelCurtain
12-30-2008, 10:13 AM
No thanks. I like Sweed. I certainly don't want some #1 draft pick punk kid coming into PGH acting like he owns the place.

Besides, we create dominating o-linemen in PGH. We'll have a good unit here soon enough.

-Mike

Who would you rather have? A superstar on our O-Line or a guy who holds every 2 plays (Colon).

devilsdancefloor
12-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I love it how our entire OL is pretty bad and yet people only want to call out Colon and of course now trade him. Unbelievable. Boy these next 11 days should be fun.

um its a joke ha ha *yells over shoulder to mods we need a sarcasm smiley* just like we would trade half our team for john kuhn

TackleMeBen
12-30-2008, 10:29 AM
i think we should trade ben, for whole lions team.. lol

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 10:58 AM
i think we should trade ben, for whole lions team.. lol

does that include Calvin Johnson?

43Hitman
12-30-2008, 11:09 AM
[/b]

It really sucks that we had Kuhn and let him slip away. That prompts me to ask this question:

1. John Unitas
2. Len Dawson
3. Preston Pearson
4. John Kuhn

Man that is some list. You know I wonder how much that Preston card is worth, cause I have one. Anyone know?

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 12:04 PM

1. John Unitas
2. Len Dawson
3. Preston Pearson
4. John Kuhn

I consider Len Dawson to possibly be our biggest draft blunder (as opposed to release blunder), since the Steelers passed on JIM BROWN to take him (the Browns snapped him up with the very next pick). And then of course was passing on Marino in '83 and the drafting of Huey Richardson. :doh:

To answer the question, though, Johnny U, by a longshot. :doh: :doh:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Johnny Unitas by a long shot.

We could have had this QB lineage:

Unitas
Bradshaw
Marino
Roethlisberger

And about 15 Super Bowls.

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 01:15 PM
the only player rly worth keeping on the lions roster would be calvin johnson, kevin smith and maybe that lt of theres...

steelpride12
12-30-2008, 01:19 PM
A few people would object to the trading of Sweeeeed.

MJ5150
12-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Who would you rather have? A superstar on our O-Line or a guy who holds every 2 plays (Colon).

Well, this Smith guy from Alabama hasn't proven anything on an NFL field, so it isn't an automatic that he will be good in the NFL. Having him come into Pittsburgh as the #1 pick in the NFL draft is only going to be a distraction. The kind of money we would have to throw at the guy just to get him to sign is going to be unreal and possibly cause even more problems in the locker room. Not worth it to me.

To me, the key to a good offensive line is continuity. Switching out guys every year is not going to help. Pick five and keep them together and let them develop into a solid unit. We don't need an all-pro #1 draft pick at all five spots on the line. But hey, this is just my opinion.

-Mike

Polamalu43
12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
We gave the Lions..........Sweed and Colon for their #1 overall pick?

Sure this would probably never happen but then again they are the Lions.

With the 1st overall pick we would take Andre Smith/OT/Alabama. The guy is an animal. We wouldnt even need a guard because this guy takes up 2 posistions. So are O-Line problems would be solved.

I would do it , in a heart-beat.:tt03:

Steelers & I
12-30-2008, 07:57 PM
I consider Len Dawson to possibly be our biggest draft blunder (as opposed to release blunder), since the Steelers passed on JIM BROWN to take him (the Browns snapped him up with the very next pick). And then of course was passing on Marino in '83 and the drafting of Huey Richardson. :doh:

To answer the question, though, Johnny U, by a longshot. :doh: :doh:

Good information Gary, wow, I had no idea that the Steelers could have snared Jim Brown.
Damn, Jim Brown as a Steeler, imagine the possibilities.

markymarc
12-31-2008, 06:31 AM
um its a joke ha ha *yells over shoulder to mods we need a sarcasm smiley* just like we would trade half our team for john kuhn

I understand the joke theory, but of course it's another way for someone to call out Colon :chuckle: Maybe we could make an effort to get Noah Herron back too.