PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy...

Stillers33
12-30-2008, 08:28 AM
but if larry johnson leaves Kc, maybe we can get him, i know he will want WAY to much money, but i was flipping through the channels 2day and i stoped on espn2 on mike and mike in the mornig and Steven A Smith said if he was Tomlin he would sign him. Just a thought

nojobny
12-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah, they've been talking about the fact that Johnson want's out of KC. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea.

SteelMember
12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
You're Crazy!

...but if we could get him for the vet minimum...he'd look pretty good in Black 'n Gold. :chuckle:

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Stephen A. Smith is a loudmouthed know-it-all idiot. Just a thought.

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't call you crazy, but it won't happen. LJ is going to want a big payday and doesn't fit the Steelers budget.

nojobny
12-30-2008, 08:46 AM

I know, when he gets ramped up I just want to slap him.

SteelMember
12-30-2008, 08:49 AM

What? You don't like guys from philly?

Hall & Oates man. Hall & fricking Oates. :laughing:

nojobny
12-30-2008, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't call you crazy, but it won't happen. LJ is going to want a big payday and doesn't fit the Steelers budget.

What LJ really wants is some Super Bowl bling and if he's gotta take a pay cut to be on a team that can do that, I think he's willing to make some sacrifices.

LambertIsGod58
12-30-2008, 09:11 AM

The above is true....and since he is a Penn State guy, I'd love to see him here. But only for that reason. I think the workload that was bestowed upon LJ over the last 3-4 years would depreciate his value. I don't know if he doesn't have as much in the tank anymore or if it's any offensive line issue.

LambertIsGod58
12-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Not too mention, haven't we heard about his off the field issue. Hitting women? I don't think he fits our image and I haven't heard anything about that yet.

Crushzilla
12-30-2008, 09:38 AM
:drool:

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 09:42 AM
lj.. doesn't "hit" women... he spits a drink at them and them slaps them silly.. hahaha...

it'll be nice 2 see him come here since he is a big back.. but the money is a big issue

X-Terminator
12-30-2008, 10:39 AM
If he's willing to "pull a Moss" and play for a couple million bucks to have a shot at a championship, then yeah, take a look at him. If he's looking for a big payday, then let him go chase it, even though his numbers in the past 2 years don't warrant a huge payday.

Rhee Rhee
12-30-2008, 10:42 AM
let me remind you all the steelers were very oh so close to picking LJ back in 2003 with our 27th pick... luckily for us troy fell one spot too many and we jumped up to get him..

i say it's not a bad option if he comes at the right price..

slippy
12-30-2008, 01:07 PM
that price would have to be the veteran minimum!

we need to keep mcfadden and pay some new 0-linemen.

don't forget we have mendenhall, although we still dont know what he is yet.

steelreserve
12-30-2008, 01:15 PM
No way. He'll be 30 next year, and that's about the end of the line for 90% of running backs. We don't need a repeat of Duce Staley. They had some stats during the Chargers game about the number of RBs who have 1,000-yard seasons at age 30+, and it's been done by something like five or six guys ever, and four of them are Emmit Smith, Walter Payton, Tony Dorsett and Curtis Martin. The odds definitely do not work in our favor.

"You're too old, fat man!"

FacemeIke
12-30-2008, 01:24 PM
He's not worth the money he will expect, especially with his off the field issues. I'm not sold on Mendenhall at all, but we did spend a 1st round pick on him, give him a chance next season spelling for Willie and lets spend our money keeping our FAs and signing an O-Lineman

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2008, 01:32 PM
No way. He'll be 30 next year, and that's about the end of the line for 90% of running backs. We don't need a repeat of Duce Staley. They had some stats during the Chargers game about the number of RBs who have 1,000-yard seasons at age 30+, and it's been done by something like five or six guys ever, and four of them are Emmit Smith, Walter Payton, Tony Dorsett and Curtis Martin. The odds definitely do not work in our favor.

"You're too old, fat man!"

..and he know that this next contract may be his last...so he WILL hold out for the money instead of the ring.

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 02:20 PM
i could see the cheifs trade away LJ for some picks.. but who will want to get him?

LVSteelersfan
12-30-2008, 02:38 PM
You guys are crazy. We need OLINEMEN if we go to Free Agency, not some woman hitting punk who is over the hill. Haven't you learned yet that OLD RUNNING BACKS just don't hack it and aren't worth the money he will be looking for?

jjpro11
12-30-2008, 02:43 PM
uh.. we drafted this guy named rashard mendenhall who is supposed to be pretty good. we have a young bruiser in gary russell.. one of the best 3rd down backs in the league in mewelde moore.. and that guy who made the pro bowl a couple years ago and nearly won the rushing title the year after, willie parker is his name.

Steeldude
12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
but if larry johnson leaves Kc, maybe we can get him, i know he will want WAY to much money, but i was flipping through the channels 2day and i stoped on espn2 on mike and mike in the mornig and Steven A Smith said if he was Tomlin he would sign him. Just a thought

why? there is no reason to add a 6th RB. a RB who will probably ask for more than all of the other steelers' current RBs combined.

parker
russell
moore
davis
mendenhall

i am going to have to call you crazy :smile:

westcoastransplant
12-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Remember Rooney's track record for going after free agents. I think Duce was the highest profile FA, and that in itself speaks volume. If they're going to bring in any FA's next year it will probably be on the O-Line.

Polamalu43
12-30-2008, 08:01 PM

Man, that would be awesome. we would have speed with FWP and power with LJ. Get err done!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 08:06 PM
the only back in the league that has me interested at this point is Steven Jackson.

I want another Bettis trade where we give up a garbage bag and an 8th round pick in 2092 for a future Hall of Fame running back.

That would make me so giddy.

43Hitman
12-30-2008, 08:11 PM
You guys are crazy. We need OLINEMEN if we go to Free Agency, not some woman hitting punk who is over the hill. Haven't you learned yet that OLD RUNNING BACKS just don't hack it and aren't worth the money he will be looking for?

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
12-30-2008, 08:14 PM
why? there is no reason to add a 6th RB. a RB who will probably ask for more than all of the other steelers' current RBs combined.

parker
russell
moore
JOHNSON
mendenhall

Fixed it for you.

Give me LJ and a 260Llb FB in the draft.

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Larry Johnson is a character issue waiting to happen. Rooney's won't touch him.

Polamalu43
12-30-2008, 08:28 PM

parker
russell
moore
davis
mendenhall

X out moore from that list, cause when mendenhall gets back the dude is gone! and davis and russell, really??

SteelersMongol
12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Do we really want him? 4 some of us MAYBE. But we don't need him. We got Parker, Mendenhall, & Moore. I love our guys so much that I don't think we will NEED no hair pulling sissy.

BehindSteelCurtain
12-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Or we could have a RBBC going into next season. If we fix our O-Line, it could work. The advantage of it is that your RBs stay healthy.

LJ
Parker
Mendenhall

I doubt it would happen though

Stillers33
12-30-2008, 09:12 PM
or we could get LeSean McCoy outta pitt next year! HAHA

Steelers & I
12-30-2008, 09:19 PM

I heard Smith trashing Matt Millen all morning. Now Matt probably deserves it but it got me to thinking, "Stephen A., if Matt Millen ever crosses paths with you, LOOK OUT, he'll tear your freaking head off. :injured:

JackHammer
12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm sorry, but Larry Johnson IS NOT the kind of RB that you want to put behind a shitty offensive line like ours.

markymarc
12-31-2008, 08:01 AM
This thread is crazy.

BehindSteelCurtain
12-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Yea I don't want him. Steelers don't go after selfish talanted players. They go after FOOTBALL PLAYERS, not guys who care how many yards they have in the first quarter.

lilyoder6
12-31-2008, 08:42 PM
or we could get LeSean McCoy outta pitt next year! HAHA

unless he comes out this yr

if if we didn't draft mendenhall and moore did not come out of now where and showed he could play.. then i would of guessed the steelers 2 make a play at him.. but we have who we have and i'm happy with our backs

TeeJay
12-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Only Mr T can call someone crazy............................................. .....................................fool. :wink02:

It's 2009 here now, (cause we're in the future!) so I thought I'd start on a good note! :thumbsup::wink02:

:drink::tt03::tt::tt02::tt03::tt::tt02::tt03::tt:

Preacher
12-31-2008, 10:57 PM

parker
russell
moore
davis
mendenhall

Remember Rooney's track record for going after free agents. I think Duce was the highest profile FA, and that in itself speaks volume. If they're going to bring in any FA's next year it will probably be on the O-Line.

You're both right!

X out moore from that list, cause when mendenhall gets back the dude is gone! and davis and russell, really??

Gotta disagree. Moore was brought in to SPECIFICALLY be a 3rd down running back and a returner. The problem is, with MeMo having to take up more running duties, he hasn't been used to return the punts.

No, MeMo is going to be a fixture for a while.

TackleMeBen
12-31-2008, 11:42 PM
You're both right!

Gotta disagree. Moore was brought in to SPECIFICALLY be a 3rd down running back and a returner. The problem is, with MeMo having to take up more running duties, he hasn't been used to return the punts.

No, MeMo is going to be a fixture for a while.
i think you are right preacher. memo was brought in b/c he worked with coach tomlin in minn. and he seems to be able to hold on to the football.

Dodt
01-01-2009, 12:29 AM
to be honest i wish joepa would of taught him a little more on the character issues , like collins i might say bring him into the fold but the steelers have a good stable of good work horses when it comes to running back .

cowboykilla
01-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Stephen A. Smith is a loudmouthed know-it-all idiot. Just a thought.I agree Smith is a jerk,but LJ would be a start to fixing our running game. I hope we can get him.:tt02:

cowboykilla
01-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Not too mention, haven't we heard about his off the field issue. Hitting women? I don't think he fits our image and I haven't heard anything about that yet.:blah:

ShutDown24
01-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I think LJ goes to the Pats... Just a hunch.

LambertIsGod58
01-01-2009, 08:17 PM
I agree Smith is a jerk,but LJ would be a start to fixing our running game. I hope we can get him.:tt02:

LJ's production has dropped off the last two years. And we don' t know if it's an O-line issue or a factor of the workload he's had. For the money it would take to sign him IMO and not addressing the problems with our O line, I don't see what good it would do. For all we know, Mendy could be the solution. Let's give him a chance.

chucoblack&gold
01-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Screw LJ, we have a great line up in the RB position.

I'd rather have Troy on the opposite side of his ass and get some redemption after he had pulled on Troy's locks a few years back.
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/TroyP.jpg

GBMelBlount
01-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Fix the O-line.

verks36
01-01-2009, 09:39 PM

ya steven a smith should stick to basketball... steven a smith is the last person the steelers would take advice from..

Ya i would have to say your crazy. Even if we got LJ at a resonible price he would still not be worth it. What are we goin to do with Mendenhall just throw him underneath the bus.

Also I dont care whos running the ball WE NEED A LINE

paw-n-maul-u
01-01-2009, 10:26 PM
is this really a thread?

Larry Johnson has more problems than math.

The steelers just drafted a first round RB ... and have two guys (moore and parker) ... that with a decent line ... could start or atleast be a 50-50 carry compliment on half the teams in this league.

Penn State lost today ... get over it.

Steeldude
01-03-2009, 01:23 AM
where are people getting this cap room to sign johnson?

noto45
01-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Steven A Smith says the steelers should get him to compliment willie. I am not saying he is the greatest sports guy around but I think he may be on to something here. your thoughts?:tt02::tt02:

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 02:54 PM
I hate Stephen A. but I can't fault his logic there. I guess it really depends on how Mendenhall develops. I would rather have Mendenhall than a guy who has been banged up and abused. There is only one man who can take that kind of abuse and still produce and he sits in a NBC booth!!

lilyoder6
01-04-2009, 02:55 PM
didn't we arldy have this thread about the same ?
also u have to look at the what kind of money he will be asking