PDA

View Full Version : Crennel May Stay

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 11:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3799791

Now the talk is Pioli as a GM type, who would try to bring Josh Daniels over as HC...and keep Crennel as a DC.

Not sure how I feel about this whole thing...but if we can win without an *...then I would be happy to have that setup...

I just want to ensure that we can win without cheating...

revefsreleets
12-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Players like him. He's definitely a decent DC, just over his head as an HC. This is probably a good move to have some level of familiarity next year...

SCSTILLER
12-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Players like him. He's definitely a decent DC, just over his head as an HC. This is probably a good move to have some level of familiarity next year...

Couldn't agree more! Crennel will, again, make a fine DC somewhere, and the Browns would be smart to keep him around. These are, in a way, his players that are on the D, so he should be able to do more with them being able to focus solely on Defense.

SCSTILLER
12-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Not being a post profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter, but I cannot read ESPN at work (computer Nazi's blocked it). Isn't Josh Daniels currently with the Patriots? If so, who is the last Belicheat prodigy to be a successful HC in the league?

CB1977
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
The Cleveland news interviewed a few of the Browns players and they all had great things to say about RAC; he is well liked and well respected.

As much as I didn't like him as a head coach and wanted him out, I also cringed at the thought of starting all over again with a new HC. Maybe keeping his as DC isn't such a bad idea after all.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Cannot say I am a huge fan of as a coach...I don't think he knows what he's doing in that capacity and does not know how to play the bad guy for when people like Braylon start screwing up.

Apparently though, he was sort of the victim and Savage treated him and a lot of the other folks around the Browns like garbage.

He's perfect under a a-hole head coach, to play the nice guy and be a players coach, and for the browns, perfect to have some form of continunity within the franchise as we wouldn't have to completely rebuild.

Crushzilla
12-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I think it's a fantastic idea for the Browns.

If they could get Pioli and an offensive minded HC (McDaniels I'd assume), they'd be in great hands.

KeiselPower99
12-30-2008, 12:50 PM
When was the last Pat coach to be good??? Mangini Crennell both are crap canned and Charlie Weis should have been. Id stay away from anything Patriots if I was a team.

CB1977
12-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Can I wish one more thing for the Browns? I wish Randy Lerner would sell the team. He's probably making his poor dad roll over in his grave.

tony hipchest
12-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Can I wish one more thing for the Browns? I wish Randy Lerner would sell the team. .i hear art modell is looking to get back in the league...

:tap:

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 02:03 PM
i hear art modell is looking to get back in the league...

:tap:

This isn't the fun house. Even if it was, that joke isn't funny. :flap:

Fire Haley
12-30-2008, 02:03 PM
It would be perfect - Romeo can be there to divide the locker room when 'his' players come crying on his shoulder when the next coach comes in and runs their prima-donnas into the ground.

I see nothing wrong with this move.

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 02:07 PM
romeo made a good coach when he was in NE,,, i can see him be a good dc for the browns.. he'll have all the pressure off of him, and then he can truly focus on 1 thing

RoethlisBURGHer
12-30-2008, 02:14 PM
No way, not a good idea.

Why would anyone want to take a head coaching job where the head coach he is replacing is being retained as his defensive coordinator?

So if the players don't like how the new coach isn't buddies with his players, when they have any isues they go to RAC and not the Head Coach? That wouldn't fly, not even with a rookie head coach.

I know that's a job I wouldn't touch.

tony hipchest
12-30-2008, 02:50 PM
he'll have all the pressure off of him, and then he can truly focus on 1 thing

lunch? :hunch:

KeiselPower99
12-30-2008, 02:55 PM
It makes sense really if Mangini or McDaniels is names coach. Crennel knows the system and what the new hc would want. But it would be hard on the locker room. Personally the Browns should just blow up the team and start anew. Get rid of Winslow and Edwards. Im sure Derek Anderson still has some trade value and let Harrison actually carry the ball more.

Edman
12-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, the players respect Romeo so much that they turned in crap performances for him all season.

Crushzilla
12-30-2008, 03:16 PM

:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2008, 05:12 PM
or to be more specific....the return of the McRib !!!! :laughing:

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 05:25 PM
As I said in another thread - I think Romeo was a damned good DC and I believe the Browns retaining him as their DC is a great idea! :thumbsup:

If the Browns do keep him around, do they have to throw in a McDonalds franchise as part of the deal?

http://www.weirdthings.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/weird-fat-man-eating-burger.jpg

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
As I said in another thread - I think Romeo was a damned good DC and I believe the Browns retaining him as their DC is a great idea! :thumbsup:

If the Browns do keep him around, do they have to throw in a McDonalds franchise as part of the deal?

http://www.weirdthings.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/weird-fat-man-eating-burger.jpg

I am beginning to think that Crennel has grown so big...he HAS to stay. (at least until they find an exit large enough for him to exit)

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 08:13 PM
I am beginning to think that Crennel has grown so big...he HAS to stay. (at least until they find an exit large enough for him to exit)

LMAO!!! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Poor guy - I hope he never takes a swim in the ocean. He might get 'pooned. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-30-2008, 08:43 PM
i heard he went swimming in the ocean a long time ago.

water levels rose so high, noah built an ark.

X-Terminator
12-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Grimace may stay because the Browns don't want to pay him to sit on his ass eating cheeseburgers, which they'd have to do if they fired him. That's JMO, of course.

tony hipchest
12-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Grimace may stay because the Browns don't want to pay him to sit on his ass eating cheeseburgers, which they'd have to do if they fired him. That's JMO, of course. i do give RAC credit for that. he knows he can take the money and run, but it shows a great deal of loyalty and humility for him to offer to stay on and help if he can.

revefsreleets
12-31-2008, 09:20 AM
No need to throw out the baby with the bathwater...