PDA

View Full Version : Mike Shanahan Fired From The Broncos!

Rek
12-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Just reported on NFL and ESPN's website. What?????

jjpro11
12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
i would take him as an OC.. but it probably wouldnt last more than a year or two before he is a head coach again.. no way a guy with his background doesnt get a head coaching job soon.. cleveland is probably on the phone as we speak since they want someone with experience.

tony hipchest
3 years and $20 mil still left on his contract.

CHA-CHING!

cheifs, rams, jets....

his phone is ringing off the hook.

Edman
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/12/30/broncos-fire-long-time-coach-shanahan/

He's gone.

A mounumental collapse down the stretch allowing the Chargers to win the division. No playoffs in three seasons. Only one playoff win since Elway retired.

The guy has run his course in Denver. He'll catch on elsewhere, though.

SteelCityKing
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
i would take him as an OC.. but it probably wouldnt last more than a year or two before he is a head coach again.. no way a guy with his background doesnt get a head coaching job soon.. cleveland is probably on the phone as we speak since they want someone with experience.

i thought the same thing. Shanahan in Cleveland would be nice. he is TOO good for a backseat job. but Pittsburgh COULD use him as an OC. i'd get behind that. =)

SteelCurtain7
12-30-2008, 05:40 PM
I just saw this on BSPN. I did see this coming.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Can someone tell in the name of all that is good and holy...how does Mangini and Shanahan get the boot while Lewis retains his head coaching gig!!!!????

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Brownies need to pounce on this like a starved man on a steak.

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Brownies need to pounce on this like a starved man on a steak.

You guys have a future HoFer for a QB? If Brady Quinn doesn't turn out that way, Shanny won't do squat for you.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-30-2008, 05:48 PM
You guys have a future HoFer for a QB? If Brady Quinn doesn't turn out that way, Shanny won't do squat for you.

I'll trade having 11-5ish type records year after year..over more new england guys.

The guy creates a 1000 yard rusher s out of nobodies, something that cleveland has been lacking has been a ground game, something that is needed to win in the AFC North now-a-days...well....since the beginning of time really.

brick
12-30-2008, 05:51 PM
i'd love him as a OC, but i really doubt that would happen. he's a head coach, simple as. i'd say he's the jets number 1 target right now, and the browns too.

or he could just take a break and become a cbs analyst :smile:

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Can someone tell in the name of all that is good and holy...how does Mangini and Shanahan get the boot while Lewis retains his head coaching gig!!!!???? 3 words....mike,brown,bengals......:noidea:....
we shouldn't question it......just be happy they're in our division....:thumbsup: .

SteelCityKing
12-30-2008, 05:52 PM
I'll trade having 11-5ish type records year after year..over more new england guys.

The guy creates a 1000 yard rusher s out of nobodies, something that cleveland has been lacking has been a ground game, something that is needed to win in the AFC North now-a-days...well....since the beginning of time really.

the Clevelanatti Browngels will do anything to win...ANYTHING! good thing Cowher didn't buy into that bullshit philosophy. he's settling on a team that could do better by rebuilding. to get the Browns any better, they should move again to another town. maybe Fargo, North Dakota or Boise, Idaho. they could use a frachise.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2008, 05:52 PM
3 words....mike,brown,bengals......:noidea:....
we shouldn't question it......just be happy they're in our division....:thumbsup: .

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

SteelCityKing
12-30-2008, 05:54 PM
3 words....mike,brown,bengals......:noidea:....

haha! yeah, it is pretty nice to have a few douchebag teams in our division to make things a tad easier for us. BUT, the truth is, we don't need an easy division to take what's ours. we could strive in ANY division.

Marvin Lewis should take the job with the New York Liberty WNBA team. a few wins would do them good too. too bad you can't have a tie in the WNBA! haha!

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2008, 05:58 PM

The guy creates a 1000 yard rusher s out of nobodies, something that cleveland has been lacking has been a ground game, something that is needed to win in the AFC North now-a-days...well....since the beginning of time really.psssst....i'm gonna let you in on a lil secret.......the steelers DIDn't have a 1000 yd rusher........ what you really need to win the afcn......is too have 2 sucky teams that guarantee you 4 division wins a year.....:toofunny:

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 05:59 PM

Actually, that was more due to Alex Gibbs and his shady blocking techniques than Shanahan. The Broncos' running game has been in decline since he left.

Also bear in mind that this is a guy who wasted a 3rd round pick on Maurice Clarett when he could have probably gotten him in the 7th and just said he was "happy" with his DC after the Broncos gave up 50+ points to the Chargers the other night to lose the division.

Good luck.

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 06:07 PM
I am absolutely SHOCKED. :jawdrop: The guy could be an arrogant ass at times, but I have always believed him to be a very good NFL HC. I gained a lot of respect for Rat Face after we played the Broncs in the playoffs in 2005 - he didn't make excuses for the loss and gave a huge amount of credit to the Steelers and the great game they played.

I have no doubt he will get another HC'ing job somewhere.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/th_shanahanrat.jpg

The Duke
12-30-2008, 06:12 PM
He'd look good in a black and gold jacket for league minimum :chuckle:

Seriously, I'm surprised, I thought they would stick with shanny forever. He's really been living off 2 super bowls 10 years ago and the zone blocking scheme

Carolina Steelers
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Bill Cowher to Denver?
Im sure they would give him full control of football operations.

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 06:17 PM
3 years and $20 mil still left on his contract.

CHA-CHING!

cheifs, rams, jets....

his phone is ringing off the hook.

They'll take a guy like him.

XxKnightxX
12-30-2008, 06:26 PM
I was in shock, this guy is going to coach somewhere next year, or he might take a job as an OC and take a break from all the crap he had to handle. I find it unfair how this guy had 7 running backs on IR and 7th round draft picks playing fullback and middle linebackerat the same time. Yea he hasnt won since Elway left but just wow. Hey I woulndt mind this guy being in our coaching staff. Hes a hell of a coach and he should of gave up his GM position to focus more on football.

SteelCityKing
12-30-2008, 06:27 PM
i bet A LOT of teams are checking into this guy. i would like to sit back and wait to see what happens when the dust settles because i'm willing the bet that no matter who gets him...he'll probably coach for a year or two and then retire or move on to another team. -- i'm almost willing to bet that when it's all done and over with, either he'll say "i should've went to the Steelers." or we'll say "man, thank god he didn't come to the Steelers!" haha!

Galax Steeler
12-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Bill Cowher to Denver?

I never thought of that but that is a good possability.

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Bill Cowher to Denver?

I doubt that for several reasons.

He really does seem to like his CBS gig.
Denver is waaaay too far from his college age kid(s?)
Denver just got rid of a schmuck who was both GM and Coach (for all intents and purposes.)

I'm guessing they go in a different direction by getting a GM and hiring Mangini.

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 06:43 PM
I was in shock, this guy is going to coach somewhere next year, or he might take a job as an OC and take a break from all the crap he had to handle. I find it unfair how this guy had 7 running backs on IR and 7th round draft picks playing fullback and middle linebackerat the same time. Yea he hasnt won since Elway left but just wow. Hey I woulndt mind this guy being in our coaching staff. Hes a hell of a coach and he should of gave up his GM position to focus more on football.

It's more than that, actually. Up until the failed "Jake Plummer Experiment," this guy was hailed as a "QB guru" and was going to "resurrect" Plummer's career. Didn't happen. His teams do nothing unless he has a HoF-quality QB under center and the last 10 years is testament to that. In the 10 years since Elway retired, the Broncos have gone to the playoffs 4 times - 3 of those times were one-and-done appearances that ended in embarrassingly lopsided losses in the WC round and the other ended when we kicked them all over their home field in the '05 AFCCG. On top of that, even in the 2 SB years, the Broncos defense was nothing special - good enough, but they had a great offense at the time that covered those warts. But unless he takes a hiatus, you're right, he's going to get another HC gig somewhere largely on the basis of 2 SB rings he won over a decade ago.

Fire Haley
12-30-2008, 06:44 PM
BWAhahahahahahah!

Shanny was washed up years ago - that's what happens when you can't find a franchise QB.

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 06:49 PM
BWAhahahahahahah!

Shanny was washed up years ago - that's what happens when you can't find a franchise QB.

Especially when his golden boy retires.

Fire Haley
12-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Shanny In Cleveland? + Michael Vick and Terrell Owens?

Oh yeah - the hicks will suck this up

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Shanny In Cleveland? + Michael Vick and Terrell Owens?

Oh yeah - the hicks will suck this up

I hope to God we end up with none of those three.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Can someone tell in the name of all that is good and holy...how does Mangini and Shanahan get the boot while Lewis retains his head coaching gig!!!!????

The Brown family is cheap. They arent letting Lewis go and paying him the rest of his contract to go elsewhere.

They used to send their scouting staff to the combine in Indianapolis on a bus......now that is cheap.

The Patriot
12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
stupid move :bonk:

TackleMeBen
12-30-2008, 07:43 PM
i cant wait to hear what shannon sharpe has to say about this....lol

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 08:00 PM
stupid move :bonk:

have to agree, firing Shanahan doen't make sense to me.

I was pretty perplexed over the Jets firing Mangini, but now, with Denver firing Shanny, I wonder if Cowher isn't just FCKING with people's heads.

Yeah, Denver collapsed, but they got hit hard core with the injury bug. You'd think they'd give him one more year. Firing a coach after 14 years, 2 superbowls, and only 2 seasons under 500.

Weird.

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 08:04 PM
I wonder how many calls he's already gotten from around the league. Geezus. What a bad firing.

Who's next, Gruden? or Del Rio?

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 08:05 PM
have to agree, firing Shanahan doen't make sense to me.

I was pretty perplexed over the Jets firing Mangini, but now, with Denver firing Shanny, I wonder if Cowher isn't just FCKING with people's heads.

Yeah, Denver collapsed, but they got hit hard core with the injury bug. You'd think they'd give him one more year. Firing a coach after 14 years, 2 superbowls, and only 2 seasons under 500.

Weird.

If I were the ownership of the Broncos, I'd be looking to fire some assistants that didn't exactly get the job done.

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 08:07 PM

And 1 playoff game won in the last decade. Bowlen has been far more patient than most owners would have been.

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 08:11 PM
And 1 playoff game won in the last decade. Bowlen has been far more patient than most owners would have been.

Yeah I guess that's what did it. However he did beat the Patriots in the Playoffs in 05. Which I am forever grateful for.

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah I guess that's what did it. However he did beat the Patriots in the Playoffs in 05. Which I am forever grateful for.

Don't get me wrong, I was surprised too, only because Bowlen has been so patient. I didn't see this firing coming at all, really, and I live in Denver and am force-fed Broncos news. I thought if anything, Bowlen would strip him of his personnel duties and keep him strictly as HC.

stlrtruck
12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I wonder how many calls he's already gotten from around the league. Geezus. What a bad firing.

Who's next, Gruden? or Del Rio?

It should be Gruden considering the circumstances that got Dungy fired, Gruden hasn't lived up to the post-superbowl hype!!

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
i cant wait to hear what shannon sharpe has to say about this....lol

He'll have a lot to say about it. That's for sure.

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 09:22 PM
He'll have a lot to say about it. That's for sure.

But will anyone understand more than the first two words?

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 09:24 PM

It's hard to understand the first sound from his mouth. :sofunny:

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 09:25 PM
It's hard to understand the first sound from his mouth. :sofunny:

I think I've managed to decipher two words when he's spoken. It's so bad though, the Closed Captioning people just put

Sharp: ????? laughter ????

KeiselPower99
12-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Suprised about this but when ya only win 1 playoff game in 10 years itll happen.

beSteelmyheart
12-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I was shocked, as well! He has been with the Broncos so long & being that I rarely pay attention to that team, but anyway...Wow. It's going to be an interesting post/off season!

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 09:50 PM

Doubtful. (click on picture below)

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg212/garyb12002/th_Mushmouth.jpg (http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg212/garyb12002/?action=view&current=Mushmouth.flv)

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2008, 10:19 PM
It's more than that, actually. Up until the failed "Jake Plummer Experiment," this guy was hailed as a "QB guru" and was going to "resurrect" Plummer's career. Didn't happen. His teams do nothing unless he has a HoF-quality QB under center and the last 10 years is testament to that. In the 10 years since Elway retired, the Broncos have gone to the playoffs 4 times - 3 of those times were one-and-done appearances that ended in embarrassingly lopsided losses in the WC round and the other ended when we kicked them all over their home field in the '05 AFCCG. On top of that, even in the 2 SB years, the Broncos defense was nothing special - good enough, but they had a great offense at the time that covered those warts. But unless he takes a hiatus, you're right, he's going to get another HC gig somewhere largely on the basis of 2 SB rings he won over a decade ago.keep in mind.....dallas gave tubby a job, ......then there's norv in SanDiego.......both considered "playoff calibre" teams, handed to guys with resumes that reek of failure as HC...need i say more?

Tankus_Maximus
12-30-2008, 11:22 PM

Because they're the Bungles! and are par for the course for Bungle ineptitude!

Edman
12-30-2008, 11:45 PM
One playoff win since Elway's retirement. Numerous one and dones. Getting crushed in the AFC Title game against the Steelers. Getting crushed by the Colts in consecutive years.

Blowing a multiple game lead in a weak division and capping it off with a blowout loss against the Chargers that effectively ended their season. Also got blown out at home by the Raiders.

Bowlen has give Shanahan more than enough time and showed more than enough patience.

JackHammer
12-31-2008, 12:04 AM
If I were the ownership of the Broncos, I'd be looking to fire some assistants that didn't exactly get the job done.

I probably would've fired Shanny the GM, and kept Shanny the head coach. For all we know though, they may have tried that.

revefsreleets
12-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Shanny should move right to the top of Lerner's list.

Fire Haley
12-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Shanny stuck up for his defensive coach - who the ownership wanted fired - and he got fired.

Yeah - Shanny was nothing without Elway except for that one year we knocked them outta the AFCCG.

Fire Haley
12-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Shanny should move right to the top of Lerner's list.

The Browns picked a bad year to fire their coach.

Now they are quickly sliding down the list of places top HC's would want.

Denver is now top billing, with Cutler at QB.

I bet Jerry Jones is fuming he's missing out on all the press.
Wade better get his bags packed, just in case.

revefsreleets
12-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Shanny stuck up for his defensive coach - who the ownership wanted fired - and he got fired.

Yeah - Shanny was nothing without Elway except for that one year we knocked them outta the AFCCG.

It usually takes a superior QB to win big. I think Shans is a quality coach.

Fire Haley
12-31-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm just glad we got Ben and Tomlin.

All we need now is a franchise LT and we'll be good for another decade.

fansince'76
12-31-2008, 12:41 PM

Very good point. Never been to Cleveland, but can it offer mountains with world-class skiing practically in the back yard with 300+ days of sunshine a year? The Broncos are a defense away from being a serious contender again and have an owner who has patience that rivals the Rooneys'. Denver would be a plum job for any HC.

lilyoder6
12-31-2008, 01:21 PM
i was pretty shocked that shanny got fired.. but he'll be a hot topic for a HC somewhere else...

i would now have to change my thinking and saying that the browns are no more the best option for a new HC.. as it is the broncos.. u have culter and marshall.. and then u have sev rb's that are decent and a good def

Fire Haley
12-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Killer

Very good point. Never been to Cleveland, but can it offer mountains with world-class skiing?

I think the best Cleveland has to offer is some perch fishing in that big lake up there.

Dino 6 Rings
12-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Watching the Shanahan press conference...I feel kind of bad for the guy...14 years at one place...he seems torn up pretty bad.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-31-2008, 01:46 PM
I think the best Cleveland has to offer is some perch fishing in that big lake up there.

Why does everyone from Pittsburgh always say that? :doh:

and then the next comment is usually says something like "It'd be great on a priminati"

(BTW, I do love those sandwiches, with the fries and coleslaw on 'em..I like the corned beef one the best. So thanks for that and Quaker Steak)

I wouldn't want to touch anything out that lake....Go to portage or summit counties to fish, not erie.

Anyways, I'm hoping Cleveland is able to lure him away from NYJ but I doubt it...I think he's pretty much marked as a Jet unless Lerner can pay him a boat load of money.

Fire Haley
12-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Watching the Shanahan press conference...I feel kind of bad for the guy...14 years at one place...he seems torn up pretty bad.

He was just crying in the presser.

Their owner sounded really dumb - "I have no idea what we're going to do next"

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-31-2008, 03:01 PM
The Browns will seek to interview fired Denver coach Mike Shanahan, said a source with knowledge of the situation.

"How can you not?" said the source.

Browns owner Randy Lerner and President Mike Keenan are in the New York area today to interview Scott Pioli for the position of chief football executive and Eric Mangini for head coach.

The interviews are separate. Lerner had the Pioli interview scheduled and decided to hook up with Mangini, recently fired as Jets coach, to get a feel for him before proceeding with other planned interviews.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen rocked the NFL world by firing Shanahan in a five-minute exit interview on Tuesday.

In his first comments in Denver on Wednesday, Shanahan said, "I'll be coaching again. I can't give you a timeframe. I love the NFL, so I don't see getting out of it, but you just don't know."

Shanahan, who has a mansion under construction in Cherry Hills, Colo., also told reporters he hoped to live in Denver "the rest of my life."

Shanahan was the most successful coach in Denver Broncos history, winning back-to-back Super Bowl championships following the 1997 and '98 seasons. He was also the club's executive vice president of football operations during his 14-year reign, and his record in that realm was not as good as his coaching. The Broncos won only one playoff game in the past 10 years.

http://www.cleveland.com/brownsbeat/index.ssf/2008/12/cleveland_browns_want_to_conta.html

Brownies are going to try and pursue him.

St33lersguy
12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
hopefully the unexpected happens and Shanahan somehow lands an OC job at pittsburgh replacing that fat dumbass. Unfortunately that's highly unlikely

LambertIsGod58
12-31-2008, 03:30 PM
I never cared for Elway, or the Broncos all that much. But I am a Shanahan fan....I heard on ESPN that he got fired b/c he wouldn't fire his DC. The DC needed to be fired IMO, when you look at how bad the Broncos D is. But my thing is that there really isn't much out there......you gonna replace him with Josh Daniels or Mangini? C'mon. Other than Cowher, what's out there?

HometownGal
12-31-2008, 05:35 PM
I never cared for Elway, or the Broncos all that much. But I am a Shanahan fan....I heard on ESPN that he got fired b/c he wouldn't fire his DC. The DC needed to be fired IMO, when you look at how bad the Broncos D is. But my thing is that there really isn't much out there......you gonna replace him with Josh Daniels or Mangini? C'mon. Other than Cowher, what's out there?

I was a HUGE Elway fan admittedly.

I would be happy for Shanny if he went to Cleveland. As I said earlier, he's a damned good HC and I think he got totally screwed by the Denver FO. Whether he ends up in Cleveland or not - someone is going to hire him within the next week or so - guaranteed.

Marty Schottenheimer is still out there. I know a lot of you aren't particularly fond of him but I really liked him as a HC. :thumbsup: Who knows - maybe someone with the right amount of moola could pull Joe Gibbs back to the NFL.

lilyoder6
12-31-2008, 05:46 PM
the DC from the giants.. spagunlo or w/e his name is will be a hot topic..

i mean being at a organization for a long time.. u would want to leave on ur own terms and not be fired after 14 yrs.. it's a shame.. but he'll find a job somewhere

TackleMeBen
12-31-2008, 10:09 PM
If I were Detriot I would be sellingthe city to get the guy, just to give the team some hope. They really need a good FOOTBALL guy up there to clear teh whole place out and rebuild. Somebody with some clout not some new kid ex coord from somewhere.
the fords cant even sell cars, how do you expect them to sell the HC of their crappy football team..lol. :tt:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-01-2009, 07:49 AM
When I read this on my phone the other night, my jaw dropped.

I happened to be staying the night at the house of a huge Bronco fan the night he got fired. We were all sitting there (Me, Broncos fan, Jets fan, Browns fan) like "WTF did Bowlen go off and do that for? That was retarded."

Fire Haley
01-01-2009, 11:09 AM
And yet, Marvin (Black Jesus) is still safe in Cincy.

lilyoder6
01-01-2009, 11:59 AM
that suprises the hell out of me.. these coaches who have had success are getting fired where lewis is losing

Fire Haley
01-01-2009, 12:30 PM
No heads roll: Business as usual in Cincy
By Chick Ludwig

On a day when three NFL head coaches lost their jobs — Cleveland’s Romeo Crennel (4-12), Detroit’s Rod Marinelli (0-16) and the New York Jets’ Eric Mangini (9-7) — it was business as usual in Cincinnati.

No way was Bengals owner/president Mike Brown going to fire head coach Marvin Lewis. Mike can’t be happy about what transpired in 2008, but he wasn’t going to dump Marvin and eat his salary.

Lewis got to keep his job despite a 4-11-1 record and he had no coaching changes to announce during his rather dull and informative season-ending news conference on Monday afternoon.

TackleMeBen
01-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Lewis got to keep his job despite a 4-11-1 record and he had no coaching changes to announce during his rather dull and informative season-ending news conference on Monday afternoon.

looks like another dull season in Cincinnati next year. at least they can look forward to losing at least 2 games next year..lol

fansince'76
01-01-2009, 03:11 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Litton.jpg

TackleMeBen
01-01-2009, 03:37 PM
that is too funny ..lol

lilyoder6
01-01-2009, 04:00 PM
how did god the bengals can't get rid of there horrible HC b/c of his salary.. so to another yr of suckitude

missedgehead
01-01-2009, 10:27 PM
On one hand I am shocked he got fired, and on the other hand I am not. I am shocked because he is the "Teflon Coach." No matter how bad things were, he never was held accountable or whatever, bad draft picks, the last few seasons. Then again, I am not shocked because of how the last couple of seasons turned out, especially this season. How in the name of everything that is holy do you lose a THREE GAME LEAD in a horrible division? He will catch on somewhere else. He is too talented not to. Good luck to him.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-02-2009, 07:21 AM
He'll catch on somewhere else only if he doesn't demand complete control over the football operations like what he had in Denver.

HometownGal
01-02-2009, 09:15 AM
No heads roll: Business as usual in Cincy
By Chick Ludwig

On a day when three NFL head coaches lost their jobs — Cleveland’s Romeo Crennel (4-12), Detroit’s Rod Marinelli (0-16) and the New York Jets’ Eric Mangini (9-7) — it was business as usual in Cincinnati.

No way was Bengals owner/president Mike Brown going to fire head coach Marvin Lewis. Mike can’t be happy about what transpired in 2008, but he wasn’t going to dump Marvin and eat his salary.

Mike Brown is as dumb as a brussel sprout. :doh:

If he wants his team to be the perennial AFCN bottom feeders, have at it! :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
01-02-2009, 10:24 AM
That's cool. Instead of 3 bye weeks (regular bye and the 2 Browns games) we'll continue to have 5. Not too shabby starting every year out 4-0.

steelreserve
01-02-2009, 01:09 PM
That's cool. Instead of 3 bye weeks (regular bye and the 2 Browns games) we'll continue to have 5. Not too shabby starting every year out 4-0.

Plus, I think the Ravens are due for a lot of bonehead stuff to happen off the field next season and mess them up. It's their turn in the rotation.

TackleMeBen
01-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Plus, I think the Ravens are due for a lot of bonehead stuff to happen off the field next season and mess them up. It's their turn in the rotation.
i am sure ray lewis is due to stab someone soon. i believe his waiting period is up..lol :chuckle:

Fire Haley
01-02-2009, 04:50 PM
While the Browns are dragging their heels, Denver will get first pick of the litter.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11350685?source=rss

Broncos to interview Spagnuolo, Morris, McDaniels

The search for Mike Shanahan's replacement has begun. The Broncos confirmed they will meet with New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo on Saturday and Tampa Bay defensive backs coach Raheem Morris on Monday.

The Broncos have also requested permission to interview New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, the team confirmed.

Preacher
01-02-2009, 04:56 PM
While the Browns are dragging their heels, Denver will get first pick of the litter.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11350685?source=rss

Broncos to interview Spagnuolo, Morris, McDaniels

The search for Mike Shanahan's replacement has begun. The Broncos confirmed they will meet with New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo on Saturday and Tampa Bay defensive backs coach Raheem Morris on Monday.

The Broncos have also requested permission to interview New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, the team confirmed.

Cool. . . Then we get to see how ANOTHER NE coach fails without video tapes!

revefsreleets
01-05-2009, 10:16 AM
The Browns aren't even looking at Shanny. They are stupid.

lilyoder6
01-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Shanny came out and said that most likely he'll wait til next yr to coach unless there is a rock solid deal

revefsreleets
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
He's taking a couple weeks off. I think the Browns would offer him a deal similar to Cowhers. I think they are stupid to rush into Mangini without taking a couple weeks and talking with Shans. What's a couple weeks compared to 3-4 seasons (which is the minum impact a new coach will have)?

Fire Haley
01-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Dear Browns:

"Take your job and shove it!"

> signed Bill Cowher

That still makes me laugh.

fansince'76
01-05-2009, 12:33 PM
He's taking a couple weeks off. I think the Browns would offer him a deal similar to Cowhers. I think they are stupid to rush into Mangini without taking a couple weeks and talking with Shans. What's a couple weeks compared to 3-4 seasons (which is the minum impact a new coach will have)?

I wouldn't be surprised if Shanny took next year off, to be honest.