PDA

View Full Version : Mike Martz Fired

XxKnightxX
12-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Yet another coach fired ......It clearly shows how Martz's stubborness to throwing the football wont get him anywhere. Learn from him Arians before you get too pass happy, anyway does anybody see him going anywhere?

SteelCityKing
12-30-2008, 06:31 PM
who the hell is Mike Martz!?

haha! kidding.

these coaches getting fired are really getting everyone talking to where they might go and might not go. i'm sure most of these canned coaches will fit into a OC scheme better than Arians is doing now. but i'm sure within the next month or so we'll find out what coaches go where and i'm sure we'll get slim pickings when it comes time to ditch Arians. am i right?

MACH1
12-30-2008, 06:31 PM
The Steelers. He's replacing Arians.:wink02:

steelreserve
12-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, this comes as a surprise to no one. Let's just say his scheme was, well ... overly ambitious for what he had to work with on the 49ers' offense.

Funny how after the head coaching change, Martz stuck to his guns for exactly half of one game before Singletary sat on him. And that once Singletary told him where to stick it, they actually started winning games. I hope he finds a good position somewhere, but San Francisco was just not the right fit for him.

XxKnightxX
12-30-2008, 06:34 PM
The Steelers. He's replacing Arians.:wink02:

Unless he can turn our Offense into the Best Show by the Three Rivers then I dont see it happening at all.

But hey lets play what IF for a second. Roethlisberger to Holmes, Ward, Washington and Sweed all day, wow that sounds scary lol.

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Geez - they're dropping like flies.

I'm bettin' on a college team picking him up.

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Unless he can turn our Offense into the Best Show by the Three Rivers then I dont see it happening at all.

But hey lets play what IF for a second. Roethlisberger to Holmes, Ward, Washington and Sweed all day, wow that sounds scary lol.

With your offensive line? Ben wouldn't last 2 seasons with Martz as OC.

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Geez - they're dropping like flies.

I'm bettin' on a college team picking him up.

I won't be surprised if he heads down to those ranks. Them Pro Football Coaches are pretty popular in college these days I hear. :chuckle:

43Hitman
12-30-2008, 07:26 PM
With your offensive line? Ben wouldn't last 2 seasons with Martz as OC.

No doubt man. And if y'all think our running game is bad now, let Martz get his hands on our team and we will be wishing we had Arians.

KeiselPower99
12-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Martz was up for the Hawaii job last year if I remember correctly. Anyways he will get another OC job.