PDA

View Full Version : Bills maybe the smartest of the bunch?

lambertfan99
12-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Ultimately, the Bills decided they could not stomach another head-coaching change, despite the fact Jauron directed them to a third straight 7-9 season and lost eight of their last 10 games in the 2008 campaign.

"It is well-known that I share many of the fans' dissatisfaction with our offensive game management," Wilson said in a statement. "That being said, I believe that this team, at this time, is better served by continuity in the coaching staff rather than a disruptive overhaul."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/536303.html

The Jets are going to find out they might have been much better off taking this approach. Unless they land a HOF coach.

revefsreleets
12-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Continuity is a word that is NOT in Dan Snyders vocabulary.

I think this is the best course of action for the Bills. Firing Shanny was probably the right move for Denver, because there could be some complacency. Crennel just wasn't HC material. Detroit had no choice. But the Jets screwed the pooch.

steelreserve
12-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Continuity is a word that is NOT in Dan Snyders vocabulary.

I think this is the best course of action for the Bills. Firing Shanny was probably the right move for Denver, because there could be some complacency. Crennel just wasn't HC material. Detroit had no choice. But the Jets screwed the pooch.

They seriously f***ed the dog on that one. I don't care if they missed the playoffs or who they added in the offseason; they went from 4-12 to a winning record in the course of a year.

KeiselPower99
12-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Mangini was to blame for another NY team not winning when they spend the big bucks. The Jets have become the Yankees of the NFL.

lilyoder6
12-31-2008, 01:22 PM
well look at the 49er's.. they just fired there OC mike martz... next yr they will have there 8th new OC in 8 yrs.. no wonder there off can't get anything going.. there learning new systems evry yr

steelreserve
12-31-2008, 01:49 PM
well look at the 49er's.. they just fired there OC mike martz... next yr they will have there 8th new OC in 8 yrs.. no wonder there off can't get anything going.. there learning new systems evry yr

I think in the early 2000s, most of them got fired because they were bad coordinators. Better to let those POSes go than have "continuity" with an idiot in charge.

Martz will be good again somewhere, but his strategy just didn't really fit what the 49ers had to work with. You can't really run-and-gun with an average quarterback and sub-par receivers.

Stlrs4Life
01-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I know, look we are stuck with Arians.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2009, 11:05 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/536303.html

The Jets are going to find out they might have been much better off taking this approach. Unless they land a HOF coach.

Good Job by the Bills. I see they're learning from the Rooney's.

revefsreleets
01-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Mangini was to blame for another NY team not winning when they spend the big bucks. The Jets have become the Yankees of the NFL.

Favre was WAY too inconsistent. Unless you have a stellar defense (and the Jets do not), you can't consistently win in the NFL with sporadic QB play.

CanadianSteel
01-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Sometimes the harder decision is to hang tough with the personel in charge rather than quickly firing and assuming things will ge better

Fire Haley
01-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Jets fans are saying Favre ruined their season, Packers fans are saying Favre ruined their season...how funny.

lilyoder6
01-02-2009, 03:00 PM
the bills need 2 find a consistant qb and then there be set.. they started off on fire but dwindle.. i also think they need to get a TE.. and another wr in the draft to fill in the missing peices on off

TackleMeBen
01-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I know, look we are stuck with Arians.
can we get martz for the OC..lol:chuckle::chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2009, 03:39 PM
So what many are saying is that with 3 straight 7-9 season, Dick Jauron is still the best guy to lead the Bills to winning the AFC East and eventually the end goal of a super bowl????

Yes, the Jets gambled on Favre being the missing link to all that talent and they fired Mangini wrongly. But, manintaining the Status Quo of Dick Jauron in Buffalo is acceptance of mediocrity and the wrong football decision.

Jauron is no more head coach material than Mike Mularkey was and should be fired by the Bills so that they could pursue real candidates like Shanahan, Cowher, Schottenheimer, Spagnolo, etc.

Somebody wanna give the the definition of insanity again?? Continuing to do the same thing and believing that the outcome will somehow be different.

tony hipchest
01-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Jets fans are saying Favre ruined their season, Packers fans are saying Favre ruined their season...how funny.and if the steelers dont win the superbowl, steelerfans will be saying ben ruined their season. :doh:

stlrtruck
01-02-2009, 10:53 PM
and if the steelers dont win the superbowl, steelerfans will be saying ben ruined their season. :doh:

:stirthepot: :buttkick:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-03-2009, 12:25 PM
and if the steelers dont win the superbowl, steelerfans will be saying ben ruined their season. :doh:

Depends on if he turns the ball over 4 times in the game they lose. If not, they will blame Arians and Parker. :coffee: