PDA

View Full Version : Rolling into the playoffs?

clevestinks
12-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Well this year we`ll try something new. Last year we were on a 14 game winning streak, and played some meanlingless games at the end of the season. This year we are fighting for our playoff lives. Do you think this can make us better in the post season? Last year we barely snuck by the Jets, we lucked out. We are starting to get healthy, we need to be on a four game streak, in order to get into the post season. We should be rolling, shouldn`t we? I like this years scenario a little better than last. Sure I would rather not be wondering if we are getting in at all, and a home game would be nice. But this might work out to our favor. We seem to play better when our backs our against the wall. And when we don`t get much respect, we play better.
I like our team. I still like our chances!

Roll on Steelers!

LondonSteeler
12-19-2005, 03:26 PM
well it certainly worked for the ratbirds in their run, i love the vein of form we're hitting, your right, we could peek at just the right time this year :hope:

Livinginthe past
12-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Yes I agree.

Its weird how you can actually handicap yourself for the playoffs by winning too much, too early in the regular season.

Momentum counts for alot in Football and a team that is high after winning 4-5 in a row is going to prove a tough nut to crack for some team that had their division locked up after week 13.

I also think that the adversity that the Steelers and Big Ben in particular have had to face this year will stand them in good stead for the playoffs - last year everything fell into place for Ben - he was the Qb with the Golden touch.

The problem arose of course when things started to deviate from Plan A - he didnt have sufficient experience on how to deal with difficult scenarios - that certainly wont be a problem this year.

Cheers

NM

clevestinks
12-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Another thing I was thinking while writing this post was, we have no choice, so lets roll!

Koopa
12-19-2005, 03:42 PM
yeah i like it this way better. i don't like resting players before playoffs cause it shows you are satisfied with the way things are. with us not being able to rest ppl, they'll be at their best and will have played big games before the playoffs, last year playing meaningless games didn't help us out at all. everything is falling into place now we just need to jags to win out so we don't have to worry about no three way tie and hope the cheifs stay unbeatin in december at home.

Ambridge
12-19-2005, 04:16 PM
I agree with everyone that I'd like to see the Steelers have to scratch and claw their way these last four games and hopefully into the playoffs......than have everything sowed-up early and just waiting around to see who they play in their opening playoff game.

SteelCityMan786
12-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Man it's weird. last year we didn't play any meaningful games after we had HFA and 1st Round Bye and the Division rapped up. This Will keep going into the playoffs.

SteelR1
12-19-2005, 04:37 PM
EVERYBODY, EVERYBODY get your ROLL ON!!!!!!!!!!

clevestinks
12-19-2005, 04:40 PM
I got my Roll ON!

Our team is pumped right now. Only gave up 3 yesterday. A huge safety that will get our defense pumped

Sharkissle29
12-19-2005, 04:56 PM
well it certainly worked for the ratbirds in their run, i love the vein of form we're hitting, your right, we could peek at just the right time this year :hope:
this is what i like to think about.....we havn't peaked yet this season! :-P we could start to peak at the right time. right now our D is playing amazing, now once the offense starts to roll, we might be peaking during the playoffs which is great.

clevestinks
12-19-2005, 05:19 PM
this is what i like to think about.....we havn't peaked yet this season! :-P we could start to peak at the right time. right now our D is playing amazing, now once the offense starts to roll, we might be peaking during the playoffs which is great.
Great point, worth rep points. This reminds you of the 76` Steelers when Joe Greene said after the fifth game of the season, " Nobody else crosses the 50 yd. line." And the reaming 9 games we had 5 shutouts, and only gave up 28 points in 9 games. I`m not stupid, I know we arwn`t as good as that team. I`m just saying that is the attitude we need

Sharkissle29
12-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Great point, worth rep points. This reminds you of the 76` Steelers when Joe Greene said after the fifth game of the season, " Nobody else crosses the 50 yd. line." And the reaming 9 games we had 5 shutouts, and only gave up 28 points in 9 games. I`m not stupid, I know we arwn`t as good as that team. I`m just saying that is the attitude we need
why ty, it seems that cowher has the steelers under control with the 1 game at a time mentality. it doesnt look like the steelers will come out complacent on saturday, but for some reason back when we were 7-5, the Browns game was going to be in my mind, the biggest trap game of the year. and look what its come down to.....

but in a post-game interview with joey porter, he claims that him and his teammates are just looking at the Browns, and the Browns only. nothing else matters.