PDA

View Full Version : I hope this Oline gets in gear..

GridironWarrior
12-31-2008, 10:05 AM
..if not I see the Titans or Ravens going to the Superbowl. They have an Oline that actually protects their QB and opens lanes up for the RB. And when was the last time Woodley got a sack?

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-31-2008, 10:10 AM
:yawn:

GodofGridiron
12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
The Oline is what they are and we shouldnt elevate our expecations. Its not like they all of a sudden are gonna just "get it" in two weeks time. Arians job is to be creative with playcalling..........not become predictable, shorten the receiver routes and use the defense's blitz aggression against them. Ever notice how we have yet to see a successful screen pass to Wilie Parker the last two years ? Ever realize how shtty the screen pass attempts have been ? And these guys are paid enormous sums of loot and thats the most pathetic looking display of an execution ive ever seen.

Arians needs to draw some new schemes up because something tells me DCoordinators around the league are homing in on our tendencies. They know that 3rd-and-anything equals Ben in the shotgun and 50% of those scenarios involve an empty backfield.

bradness113
12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
they do enough to win...thats all that matters...
but ben needs to protect the ball in the playoffs. We have to limit turnovers...

eafratitpm3
12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
they do enough to win...thats all that matters...
but ben needs to protect the ball in the playoffs. We have to limit turnovers...

The O Line is bad but I have yet to see them fumble the ball or throw an INT. You hit the nail on the head when you said limit the turnovers. This is the only issue to us winning the SB. With no turnovers we will cruise through.

bradness113
12-31-2008, 11:14 AM
if u look at our losses this year....it was because of turnovers.

ben had costly turnovers in the giants, colts, and Tennessee games

the only game i feel that we LOST was the Eagles game...

we will have a GREAT shot to win the SB this year if we limit the turnovers...

HometownGal
12-31-2008, 04:30 PM
No comment.

lilyoder6
12-31-2008, 04:48 PM
no shit we have a great chance has does evryone else if they watch there turn over's

kmsteelerwr15
12-31-2008, 09:49 PM
just sounds like a broken record to me

Dodt
12-31-2008, 11:34 PM
hopefully that broken record will be thrown away at the end of this season.

TackleMeBen
12-31-2008, 11:46 PM
that will only happen if we get some decent oline men in for training camp. you know the ones that know how to protect a 102 million dollar investment:chuckle:

JackHammer
01-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Did you create this thread just so you could slip in the Woodley comment?

Steelman16
01-01-2009, 01:23 AM
http://musicalstewdaily.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/broken-record.jpg

Galax Steeler
01-01-2009, 06:51 AM
.\. And when was the last time Woodley got a sack?

Woodley has 11 and half sacks I belive as his first year as a starter what more can you ask for and what does Woodley have to do with the title of this thread.:noidea:

GBMelBlount
01-01-2009, 07:29 AM
I agree. That Woodley comment is like someone farting at the end of a sentence for emphasis....

Bottom line is our defense has kept us in virtually every game this year so that our offense could usually find a way to win. We have struggled against the top shelf defenses because our o-line was simply inferior at times.

I really think we need step it up a notch as far as offensive play calling and execution or our chances are about the same as anyone elses imo.

TackleMeBen
01-01-2009, 12:32 PM
I really think we need step it up a notch as far as offensive play calling and execution or our chances are about the same as anyone elses imo.
the only way that is going to happen is if tomlin takes the playing calling away from Arians and gives it to someone that knows what they are doing. and please stop letting ben call audibles at the line, we all know that when he does that, its going to be a running play. :wink02:

devilsdancefloor
01-01-2009, 01:35 PM
woodley has had may have not been getting 3 sacks a game, but he has had important pressures the one that comes to mind is the pick six aganist the cowboys. He might of not got the sack , but he sure as hell made romo throw it early.:thumbsup: