PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

Stillers33
01-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Why does Peyton get the MVP? There was so many other players thast deserve that awaed for instance, Ed Reed, James Harrison, Matt Ryan for god sakes they all had good seasons but no, just since peyton goes on a 9 game winning streak and he gets it.....:banging:

GodofGridiron
01-02-2009, 12:09 PM
He's actually the most valuable to his team. Take Peyton away from Indy and they dont win 6 games this year. Defensive players hardly get the recognition offensive players do. Besides........seems everyone is in love with the Quarterback.

steelreserve
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Because you can't win the MVP Award unless your name is Manning or Brady. League bylaw.

aburdell
01-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I think Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and Kurt Warner are pretty mad about this selection. They all had awesome years though. Its tough to pick just one who was more valuable to their team.

If Harrison doesn't win defensive MVP it will go to Demarcus Ware because he is on a team with a couple of celebrities.

LetsRock
01-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I think Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and Kurt Warner are pretty mad about this selection. They all had awesome years though. Its tough to pick just one who was more valuable to their team.

If Harrison doesn't win defensive MVP it will go to Demarcus Ware because he is on a team with a couple of celebrities.

How can Demarcus Ware get it? If he was so "valuable", his team should have at LEAST made the playoffs on his back. He was a NON FACTOR during their season.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2009, 01:16 PM
I think its a good choice for league MVP.

Breese didn't make the playoffs and made bad plays in key spots a few times this season late in games that cost his team wins and the playoffs.

Werner...he has 1 win out of the last 4 games and looked like crap when not playing at home. Plus he's throwing to two of the biggest stud WRs in the game.

Adrian Peterson is a legit choice, however, he's on the Vikings and there is no love going that way til that team does something in the playoffs.

I am of the belief that MVP should be voted upon after the playoffs and prior to the SuperBowl. During that bi-week. To at least evaluate how these guys do in pressure.

But Manning is a solid choice. Rivers could have been as good of a choice, but Manning wins out cause his team finished stronger in the win loss column.

TackleMeBen
01-02-2009, 01:32 PM
bc they know peyton will do all the commericals...

Steeldude
01-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Why does Peyton get the MVP? There was so many other players thast deserve that awaed for instance, Ed Reed, James Harrison, Matt Ryan for god sakes they all had good seasons but no, just since peyton goes on a 9 game winning streak and he gets it.....:banging:

because it's MVP. manning is more valuable to the colts than harrison and reed are to their respective teams. it's rare for defensive players to win MVP.

ryan won rookie of the year.

fansince'76
01-02-2009, 01:50 PM
How can Demarcus Ware get it? If he was so "valuable", his team should have at LEAST made the playoffs on his back. He was a NON FACTOR during their season.

I agree, but I can see Harrison getting robbed of the DPOY just the same - Ware plays for "America's Team" after all. Same principle that caused Aaron Smith to get dissed for the Pro Bowl in favor of Dwight Freeney, among others. I hope our defense takes the Pro Bowl disses out on the teams we play in the playoffs, because only 3 players being named to the Pro Bowl from our D this year is a complete joke and underscores what a farce these individual awards are.

Like GoSlash27, I also don't care about the individual awards. What I do care about is this team winning Lombardi #6. Nothing else matters to me at this point.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Without Manning, the Colts don't win more that 4 games.

He missed all of TC and all preseason, so he wasn't to his normal form until after starting out 3-4. Once he got over that, he was hot for just about the entire winning streak.

IMHO, it was a good choice. Manning willed the Colts to another 12-win season and playoff berth. Very bad defense and no running game.

GodofGridiron
01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Petyon and the Colts are the only team that really really concern me this season. This team is scorching hot right now and i fully expect them to be the opponent marching into Heinz in a lil over a week. Its gonna be imperative that we play at optimal levels on both sides of the football.

That dude (Manning) just has that mojo goin right now.

lilyoder6
01-02-2009, 02:54 PM
manning did have his knee surgery and then wielded off a 9 game winning streak to make the playoffs where most thought they were left for dead

TackleMeBen
01-02-2009, 03:06 PM
as much as i dont like manning, i have to agree, if you take him off the colts then they are nothing. so i guess if you follow the defination of MVP, he is the most valuable player.

HometownGal
01-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Personally, I think it's an excellent choice and well-deserved. The guy was money in the bank down the stretch (with a little help from Wayne, Clark and Harrison) and as has previously been stated, without Peytoon, the Colts don't win the last 6 matchups. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

steelreserve
01-02-2009, 05:02 PM
as much as i dont like manning, i have to agree, if you take him off the colts then they are nothing. so i guess if you follow the defination of MVP, he is the most valuable player.

I still say Bernard Pollard of the Chiefs. Without him, Miami and Baltimore probably miss the playoffs.

SteelCurtain7
01-02-2009, 05:04 PM
He's actually the most valuable to his team. Take Peyton away from Indy and they dont win 6 games this year. Defensive players hardly get the recognition offensive players do. Besides........seems everyone is in love with the Quarterback.

I disagree. Without Kurt Warner, the Cardinals win even fewer games.

Good point on the Tom Brady-Manning Sisters fix. Yes, it's in. :rolleyes: The darlings of the voters, whether they are most deserving or not. Meh.

The Duke
01-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Manning had a really good season after his preseason surgery. He deserved it

Harrison with 3 points!!

TeeJay
01-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I really hope The Steelers get a chance at him in January.

The 'MVP' up against Harrison, Farrior, McFadden, Woodley, Palomalu, et all.

They should just chance the name to MVD (Most Vicious Defense).

kmsteelerwr15
01-02-2009, 08:19 PM
And when exactly was the last time the MVP won the Super Bowl?

if i recall i think it was Kurt Warner in 99

MasterOfPuppets
01-02-2009, 08:32 PM
I agree, but I can see Harrison getting robbed of the DPOY just the same - Ware plays for "America's Team" after all. Same principle that caused Aaron Smith to get dissed for the Pro Bowl in favor of Dwight Freeney, among others. I hope our defense takes the Pro Bowl disses out on the teams we play in the playoffs, because only 3 players being named to the Pro Bowl from our D this year is a complete joke and underscores what a farce these individual awards are.

Like GoSlash27, I also don't care about the individual awards. What I do care about is this team winning Lombardi #6. Nothing else matters to me at this point.if ware didn't even get a single vote for mvp....he shouldn't get DPOY

hindes204
01-02-2009, 08:37 PM
if ware didn't even get a single vote for mvp....he shouldn't get DPOY

i agree, but you know how this works...the steelers are the team that nobody wants to succeed, i wouldnt be surprised at all if harrison got passed over...and to tell you the truth, i dont care...i think if harrison gets another superbowl ring, he wont care less about individual recognition

GBMelBlount
01-02-2009, 09:22 PM
I can't stand the little whiner personally. I hope they get knocked out by the chargers.

I like Peyton Manning and have no problem with him getting it.. He is a great player and competitive as hell.

On a side note, the little whiner has really funny commercials but nothing compares to Bradshaw in "Failure to Launch"....:thumbsup:

BehindSteelCurtain
01-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Peyton deserved it.

Polamalu43
01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
I can't stand the little whiner personally. I hope they get knocked out by the chargers.

LOL, the colts aregonna stomp all over the chargers and there profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery fans.

tyler289
01-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Tom Brady should've been MVP. If he had never gotten hurt, Matt Cassel wouldn't have had a chance to shine and lead his team to a magical 11-5 season and make millions of dollars in 2009.

He also deserves it because he spared the nation another 17 weeks of Brady slurping from the national media.

SteelCityMan786
01-03-2009, 01:08 AM
bc they know peyton will do all the commericals...

You got that right.

Besides, I'd much rather have a Super Bowl Ring and Vince Lombardi Trophy over a league MVP honor any day.

CantStop85
01-03-2009, 01:57 AM
if ware didn't even get a single vote for mvp....he shouldn't get DPOY

So by that logic, no one should get DPOY? :noidea:

Steelman16
01-03-2009, 02:06 AM
I really hope The Steelers get a chance at him in January.

The 'MVP' up against Harrison, Farrior, McFadden, Woodley, Palomalu, et all.

They should just chance the name to MVD (Most Vicious Defense).

No, the word is violent.

Most VIOLENT Defense baby! :tt02:

(gotta love Tomlin and his one-liners)

augustashark
01-03-2009, 03:30 AM
So by that logic, no one should get DPOY? :noidea:

Don't want to speak for MOP, but i think what he meant was that if Ware did'nt receive any MVP votes but another defensive player did (Harrison) then he should not be able to win DPOY. I agree with MOP. How can they (NFL) explain the reason if Ware does win DPOY, when Harrison was in the running and received votes for MVP of the league. It is the Cowboys though.

cowboykilla
01-03-2009, 06:23 PM
With Farve fading fast(i think he's been washed since 05)Manning is the new all american face of the NFL. Is he a top notch qb? Hell yeah! Is he the league MVP?:thmbdown:

MDSteel15
01-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Without Manning, the Colts don't win more that 4 games.
He missed all of TC and all preseason, so he wasn't to his normal form until after starting out 3-4. Once he got over that, he was hot for just about the entire winning streak.

IMHO, it was a good choice. Manning willed the Colts to another 12-win season and playoff berth. Very bad defense and no running game.

You can say this all you want, but if his O-line doesn't get healthy when it did, the Colts are maybe 8-8 and out of the playoffs! Jeff Saturday was their MVP.......

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Well, Mr MVP gets to be on a one and done team...

Lata Mr. MVP... !!!!