PDA

View Full Version : Raiders turn around year?

lambertfan99
01-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Anyone think that the Raiders are going to make a turn around in 2009?

I know, I know they are the raiders and Al davis is still around, BUT.....

This year they were still somewhat inconsistent, but it seemed to me that they were finally learning how to play football. they certainly beat some teams they were not supposed to ie. the Buc, Jets and had close games against 2 playoff teams in Miami and Carolina.

The one thing they have going against them is they draw the NFC East and AFC North on their schedule a pretty tough road. I still think they can make an 8-8 record which would be a partial turn around.

I think they can beat Broncos, Chiefs, Jets, Bengals at home and Browns, Chiefs, Texans, and cowboys on the road, hell in that division that is close to playoffs.

Big D
01-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Anyone think that the Raiders are going to make a turn around in 2009?

I know, I know they are the raiders and Al davis is still around, BUT.....

This year they were still somewhat inconsistent, but it seemed to me that they were finally learning how to play football. they certainly beat some teams they were not supposed to ie. the Buc, Jets and had close games against 2 playoff teams in Miami and Carolina.

The one thing they have going against them is they draw the NFC East and AFC North on their schedule a pretty tough road. I still think they can make an 8-8 record which would be a partial turn around.

I think they can beat Broncos, Chiefs, Jets, Bengals at home and Browns, Chiefs, Texans, and cowboys on the road, hell in that division that is close to playoffs.

i'm going to go with a big hell no. the coaching canidates they have lined up are tommy the cable guy, paul hackett, kevin gilbride and captain comeback jim harbaugh. The only thing they have going for them is they do have a hell of a running back tandom in mcfadden and michael bush. But I dont see russell being any more then mediocore

steelreserve
01-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Is Al Davis going to finally die this year? Therein lies your answer.

KeiselPower99
01-02-2009, 01:34 PM
They do have some nice looking players. Id kill for Michael Bush.

stlrtruck
01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Until Al Davis is willing to keep a coach longer than 1-2 years, then no, the raiders will not turn it around.
Where that program is right now needs a constant coach, not something new every year.

vasteeler
01-02-2009, 01:50 PM
idk it seems like every year I think its the year they will turn around and never do
I really thaught this was the year:doh:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-02-2009, 02:08 PM
They won't turn it araound until Al Davis either dies or gives up all control of the football operations...and he'll probally die first.

TackleMeBen
01-02-2009, 02:40 PM
what will happen first.. there is a huge earthquake or the raiders actually become a contender... i am betting for the earthquake

Godfather
01-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Doubtful, and not just because they have a senile owner. Their receivers couldn't catch an STD in a brothel, and Kwame Harris is a penalty machine.

Jamarcus showed some promise the last 6 weeks or so, but that won't do any good until you fix the other problems.

SteelCityMan786
01-02-2009, 02:54 PM
what will happen first.. there is a huge earthquake or the raiders actually become a contender... i am betting for the earthquake

I have another good one for you

Which might happen first

The Raiders become contenders, or the Pirates win a World Series. I'd take the Pirates since they at least know when to get rid of players when they know they won't be a part of the equation once they get their heads out of their asses.

lilyoder6
01-02-2009, 02:58 PM
i can see the raiders haveing a better season next yr.. if i was them i would trade fargas and try and get something out of him since u have mcfadden and bush...

then if they have the chance they will pull the trigger on micheal crabtree and then u have a wr.... and that off could be sick...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2009, 03:43 PM
No, they will draft Michael Crabtree, he will get hurt, McFadden will be Reggie Bush lite, their O line will not be able to keep their QB's upright and the locker room will be divided.

The Raiders are the biggest disfunctional organization in the NFL. When Warren Sapp openly warns free agents to not go there.....its not a good thing.

steelreserve
01-02-2009, 04:09 PM
No, they will draft Michael Crabtree, he will get hurt, McFadden will be Reggie Bush lite, their O line will not be able to keep their QB's upright and the locker room will be divided.

Don't forget most of the players quitting on the coach midway through the year. They wouldn't be the Raiders if they didn't give up and half-ass it through the end of the season.

The only real question is which almost-star-level player will get into the coach's doghouse for running his mouth and be deactivated most of the time. You've probably got Fargas, Bush and Burgess to pick from before you're out of talented players.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-02-2009, 04:42 PM
McFadden will ask for a trade midway through training camp. Can't blame him, by the time his rookie contract was up he'd be considered a bust and nobody would want to sign him.

Fire Haley
01-03-2009, 08:44 AM
The Raiders are the biggest disfunctional organization in the NFL. When Warren Sapp openly warns free agents to not go there.....its not a good thing.

Sapp is pretty funny as an analyst.

I watched a few of his "Don't go there!" Al Davis rants ....ha ha