PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum and new to the Steelers

HOTDOG
01-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Hello from Texas.

I'm a newbie to this forum and a newbie to the Steelers. I am interested in learning more about this team and hopefully making it my team.

Galax Steeler
01-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the board.

HOTDOG
01-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks Galax...nice to be a fan of a real team.

HometownGal
01-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Hiya HOTDOG and welcome to the #1 Steelers fan site anywhere! :wave::tt03::tt02:

You've come to the right place to learn all about our Pittsburgh Steelers! We have a collection of the very BEST and most knowledgeable Steelers fans on the planet! :thumbsup: If you aren't converted after a short while here at SF, you'll never be! :drink:

HOTDOG
01-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks HometownGal...its nice to be welcomed. I'm ready to convert now. Where do I go to get Christened :D

fansince'76
01-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the board, HOTDOG! :cheers:

HOTDOG
01-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the board, HOTDOG! :cheers:

Thanks "76"...this board is great!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Welcome HOTDOG. New Steelers fan just in time for ring number 6 :drink:

HOTDOG
01-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Welcome HOTDOG. New Steelers fan just in time for ring number 6 :drink:

Thanks! It'll be a strange (and great) feeling having my team in the playoffs...I can't wait.

Steeler in Carolina
01-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Who was your previous team?

KeiselPower99
01-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the board and to cheering for the number 1 team in all of professional sports..

Polamalu43
01-02-2009, 11:05 PM
welcome aboard.!

SteelCityMan786
01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Welcome to Steelers Fever.

TeeJay
01-03-2009, 03:16 AM
It'll be a strange (and great) feeling having my team in the playoffs..

From Houston then?

I'm joshing!! (Just cant let those old days of the AFC Central die!)

Congratulations...you have found the secret code....you are now priviledged to information regarding America's Real Team.

You are now entering Steeler Country.

:tt03::tt02::tt::thumbsup:

SteelersMongol
01-03-2009, 03:59 AM
Welcome & enjoy.

HOTDOG
01-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Who was your previous team?

Its a long story.

I was a Bills fan for 30 years. Raised in Western NY, so it was by default. 14 years ago, I moved to Texas and still rooted for the Bills (which was hard in Cowboys country).

They haven't sniffed the playoffs in the last 10 of them. The last playoff win was back in 95! All because of years of bringing in 2nd tier talent. While that wasn't so hard to swallow, its what's been going on lately.

Over the years, the things that Bills ownership (Ralph Wilson) has been doing to the Buffalo fan base has been unfair. A major atrocity was when he moved one game to skydome in Toronto for alot of money. The Dolphins game in December no less. He sold out the Bills fans.

The latest thing (the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak) he brought back Dick Jauron after 3 straight 7-9 seasons all because he had already signed him to a 3 year contract extension (without announcing it to the fans) and didn't want to buy him out. Guy's like Cowher are sitting out there, and this is what he does. That was really the last straw.

I hated to jump ship, because I don't see myself as a bandwagon fan. But why should I commit to an owner who's not committed to its fans? There's a real feeling of betrayal in the Buffalo community.

All the while, I always admired Steelers football. I love the model. Cold weather AFC hard nosed football. They always had great players like Bradshaw, Harris, Stallworth. They were always tough. My cousin (who now lives in Pitt) and I always used to play Steelers vs. Bills out in the back yard.

I love guys like Hines Ward...that block he had on that Bengals linebacker...wow. Guy's like Big Ben, Troy...that's what I always envied.

Most importantly, the Steelers always had good ownership. The Steelers are committed to their fans. It makes it easy to be committed to them.

Its a no brainer for me. (Sorry for the long post)

I can't wait for my first game as a Steelers fan! http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/tt02.gif

nojobny
01-03-2009, 07:10 PM
That's awesome. Welcome to the board and the Steelers. You won't be disappointed with either one!

Win or lose we've got the best team in the NFL!

booboo
01-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I am a newbie to the forum and not much of a computer person. BUT i love the steelers! always have - every fall i put up my terrible towel in the family room for good vibes back home. i'm really interested in finding a fan club in the greater Portland Maine area - particularly since the "Patsies" didn't make it! YEAH! i got to see a lot of the 'stillers' this year on TV (no cable here) so i'm addicted all over again. Any way to find a club here? GO B&G

HOTDOG
01-04-2009, 02:26 PM
That's awesome. Welcome to the board and the Steelers. You won't be disappointed with either one!

Win or lose we've got the best team in the NFL!

Thanks and I agree http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

HOTDOG
01-04-2009, 02:43 PM
I am a newbie to the forum and not much of a computer person. BUT i love the steelers! always have - every fall i put up my terrible towel in the family room for good vibes back home. i'm really interested in finding a fan club in the greater Portland Maine area - particularly since the "Patsies" didn't make it! YEAH! i got to see a lot of the 'stillers' this year on TV (no cable here) so i'm addicted all over again. Any way to find a club here? GO B&G

Here's a couple Steelers bar/grills in your area I found on the web booboo.

Bleachers-Preble St -Portland, ME
Winner's Sports Grill-21 Gurnet Rd-Brunswick, ME

Never been to either so I can't vouch for em...but let me know if you try em out.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 04:48 PM
welcome HOTDOG! the more members of the Steeler Nation...the merrier! =)

HOTDOG
01-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks everyone! This board is great!