PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to get rid of Arians

steelerchad
01-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Had a boss once that told me the best way to get rid of an unwanted employee is to promote him, not fire him. It's too hard to keep all the neccessary paper and then worry about a lawsuit to fire the guy, so just promote him out and then he's someone elses problem. By the time they figure out he's worthless it's too late, not your problem anymore.

I think this would be the best way to get rid of Arians. The Steelers organization is an extremely patient one when it comes to coaching. Only 3 head coaches since 69. Even though the offense has sputtered, with a 12-4 record and the #2 seed, I don't believe we'll be making a move at OC this year. Unless someone takes him off our hands for us.

What we need is a run like 05, where the offense comes out firing. The pass spreads the field and sets up the run. Everything clicking, taking us all the way to SB #6. That kind of run would not only bring us another Lombardi, it may intice someone to take a chance on the offensive mastermind that executed it. Bye Bye Arians. Although, if the above happened we'd all probably be sad to see him leave.

Honestly, I'm kind of on the fence with Arians. I think the playcalling is suspect at times. But execution is partly to blame as well. The Steelers always seem to have a drive killer. Whether it's a sack, penalty, or turnover something always stops the momentum. We seem to get a lot of drives with one or 2 first downs out to midfield only to stall out. It's hard to open up the playbook and get the offense clicking with only 5 or 6 plays per series.

GodofGridiron
01-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah.....but how many times have you seen this defense give the ball to this offense with a short field, only to see them sputter with 3 poorly executed or poorly-planned plays that results in a Jeff Reed FG.

Offense and Mastermind arent word combinations used EVER when referring to Arians. It wasnt in Cleveland...damn sure isnt now. If any assistant is snatched from the rankings of this coaching staff, its gonna be LeBeau. Arians will leave Pittsburgh only as a fired assistant.

steelreserve
01-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I've often thought this. Winning a Super Bowl is a surefire way to guarantee someone's going to come along and offer your coordinators a boatload of money to coach for them.

steelerchad
01-02-2009, 04:34 PM
The mastermind part was sarcasm. I think most of the NFL knows this guy is not a great OC. But, that doesn't mean that a nice 3 game run to a SuperBowl wouldn't fool just one owner into thinking he's great.

I remember in 95, O'Donnell through 2 INT's to a relatively mediocre CB. My 9 year old could have picked those passes off. But he won the SB MVP and the next thing you know the Raiders are throwing $20 Million at the guy. He takes the money, only to never be heard from again. So much so that I can't even remember his name right now.

I'm just saying some owners: Davis, Jones, Snyder to name a few will throw money around on a whim sometimes. We may get lucky and win a Superbowl and lose a problem at the same time.

Sharkissle29
01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
even with a superbowl win, by no means will you see me missing arians if he got a job elsewhere...

LVSteelersfan
01-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm afraid to say we are stuck with moron unless someone steals him from us. (PLEASE DO !!!!!!!!) Raiders need a coach. he would be a perfect fit for that organization.

Preacher
01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
the best way...

Keep making threads about how much he sucks.

:doh:

steelreserve
01-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I remember in 95, O'Donnell through 2 INT's to a relatively mediocre CB. My 9 year old could have picked those passes off. But he won the SB MVP and the next thing you know the Raiders are throwing $20 Million at the guy. He takes the money, only to never be heard from again. So much so that I can't even remember his name right now.

I'm just saying some owners: Davis, Jones, Snyder to name a few will throw money around on a whim sometimes. We may get lucky and win a Superbowl and lose a problem and the same time.

Larry Brown. The correct answer was Larry Brown.

We would have also accepted Desmond Howard.

OK Alex, next I'll take "overhyped flash-in-the-pan free agents that the Raiders have overpaid for $800, please"

steelerchad
01-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Larry Brown.

Thank You.

Still have nightmares about that last pick that they returned to our 6 yard line. Then punched it in to seal it a couple of plays later.

That's why, I think I'd rather be up 4 points with our D on the field needing to hold this time around.

TeeJay
01-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Keep Him!!! But if needs must!

1) Tell the Israelis he's a member of Hamas?

2) Have a word with one of The Sopranos? (That may be less messy...and quieter than option 1)

3) Just sack him! (But wait until after the playoffs..........you never know).

4) Give him The Clowns HC job

Any of the above should be effective, one way or another (as Blondie once said)

HometownGal
01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

tony hipchest
01-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Had a boss once that told me the best way to get rid of an unwanted employee is to promote him, not fire him. It's too hard to keep all the neccessary paper and then worry about a lawsuit to fire the guy, so just promote him out and then he's someone elses problem. By the time they figure out he's worthless it's too late, not your problem anymore.

I think this would be the best way to get rid of Arians. .

:confused:

so the best way to get rid of arians is to promote him to HC? :tap:

i'll never figure out how the rooneys have 5 lombardi's without such insight.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I dont think its his fault for the offenses struggles. It's the O-line, No run game, and lack of execution in the passing game.

tyler289
01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't see Arians getting any offers as a head coach.

Polamalu43
01-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Whatever it takes, i hope the guy is gone soon- he sucks!

OneForTheToe
01-02-2009, 11:35 PM

So Steelers fever should make all the band wagon, cry baby, Ben - Willie - Arians haters mods?:noidea::wink02:

GodofGridiron
01-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I dont think its his fault for the offenses struggles. It's the O-line, No run game, and lack of execution in the passing game.

You gameplan around your weaknesses. You dont keep doing the same shyt over and over hoping for a different outcome. <------- Thats the definition of insanity.

Quick drop backs, slants, screens and draws. All these things can benefit a suspect Oline and keep your QB off his ass and healthy for the next play/series. This team hasnt completed a screenpass to a RB in over 3 years.

steelpride12
01-03-2009, 12:37 PM
You wanna know the best way? Shut up about him and quit bringing up the fire Arians threads there annoying and everyone knows your opinion.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-03-2009, 02:04 PM
You dont keep doing the same shyt over and over hoping for a different outcome. <------- Thats the definition of insanity.

Sooooo....all the people who continually create the "Fire Arians" threads and are hoping for a different outcome next season......are insane.

Now it all makes sense to me.

steelerchad
01-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Where did I say Fire Arians? I said I was on the fence about him. I don't think his play calling is the greatest. But play calling looks alot better when execution is good. What I did say, was the best way to get rid of them for those that want him gone would be to win the SuperBowl and have someone take him away. That would be a win win for those that want him gone. And for me, if we lost our OC for a SB win this year, I'd take that trade any time.

cubanstogie
01-03-2009, 03:07 PM
You gameplan around your weaknesses. You dont keep doing the same shyt over and over hoping for a different outcome. <------- Thats the definition of insanity.

Quick drop backs, slants, screens and draws. All these things can benefit a suspect Oline and keep your QB off his ass and healthy for the next play/series. This team hasnt completed a screenpass to a RB in over 3 years.

I remember asking why we don't run screens after the Eagles game. I couldn't remember the last time we ran one. A couple of games later I watched in disbelief and realized Ben doesn't sell screen well at all. It was pathetic, am not saying Ben can't do it, its probably due to lack of practice and not being compfortable, I think Moore would be excellent back for screen.

markymarc
01-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Do we really need another thread to remind us about Arians sucking?

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I wouldnt mind Arians when he utilizes the FB position. We need to run out of the power I more, our RBs are too damn small to break the first tackle. PLEASE BRUCE GIVE ME A FB FOR THE NEW YEARS!!!!!

truesteelerfan
01-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Can't we just eliminate the OC position for a while? Let Ben call his own plays (Terry did it right?) when we go to that no huddle we seem to be pretty effective as long as Ben quits calling the slow draw plays like the last game he kept audibling into. Then next year pick someone who can be creative playcalling.