PDA

View Full Version : Israel

Polamalu Princess
01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Israel is attacking the Gaza Strip. I am not sure exactly what is going on yet, but there is a lot of bombing.

Israeli Ground Forces Enter Gaza By IBRAHIM BARZAK and JOSEF FEDERMAN, AP
posted:

CITY, Gaza Strip (Jan. 3) ó Israeli tanks and infantry entered Gaza after nightfall Saturday, launching a ground offensive that the military said would be a "lengthy operation" in a widening war on Gaza's Hamas rulers.

Heavy gun battles were reported as troops crossed the border into Gaza. Local TV networks broadcast images of troops marching into Gaza after dark.

MasterOfPuppets
01-03-2009, 02:22 PM
uh ohhhhh......better go fill up the gas tank before it goes back up to $3 a gallon....:cya:

PisnNapalm
01-03-2009, 02:46 PM
And I care because...? That area of the world will forever be at each other.

Crushzilla
01-03-2009, 03:09 PM
And I care because...? That area of the world will forever be at each other.

uh ohhhhh......better go fill up the gas tank before it goes back up to $3 a gallon....:cya:

:noidea:

millwalldavey
01-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Some days I seriously think the Israelis have forgotten the lessons of WWII.

Fire Haley
01-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Bulldoze them all into the sea.

When two sides like this are fighting it's best to let one side eliminate all the others, like ant wars.

The world will be a calmer place.

SteelCityMan786
01-04-2009, 03:47 PM
That area of the world will forever be at each other.

Especially since Arafat started the whole Israel/Palestine war when Sharon was the PM of Israel.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-04-2009, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=SteelCityMan786;514598]Especially since Arafat started the whole Israel/Palestine war when Sharon was the PM of Israel.[/QUOTE Ahhhh, No it goes way back to Biblical times.

Polamalu Princess
01-04-2009, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=SteelCityMan786;514598]Especially since Arafat started the whole Israel/Palestine war when Sharon was the PM of Israel.[/QUOTE Ahhhh, No it goes way back to Biblical times.So very true Cape Cod.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Ok, here's the deal.

Israel at one point occupied part of the territory called the Gaza Strip. They had settlers (jewish folks) living in that area, which was designated as Palistinian. Now, there are a LOT of Palistians that do in fact live in Israel. They are peaceful and don't hate the Israelis. However, recently, 2 years ago, the Terror Group Hamas, took over the "government" of Palestine, and they have as their #1 Agenda, the Destruction of Israel. Which is odd, because there isn't one single mention of Israel in the Koran.

How did the Palestinians become "refugees"?

Back after WWII, the world community (winners over Hitler) helped the Jewish population migrate to Israel, and establish their own State. However, all the Arabs in the surrounding area didn't like that, cause for whatever reason, they hate Jews. For being Jewish I guess. So those Arab Nations, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, told the Palestinians living in Israel, to get out of Israel because they were going to unite to attack Israel and kill or kick out the Jewish people. 6 days later after Israel kicked their collective asses, the Palestinians who did leave, were welcome back into the state of Israel. After all, they left hoping the Jews would be killed.

So...like any good refugee, the Palestians looked to migrate to Jordan, Egypt and Syria, however they were Denied. Absolutely Denied being allowed into those same Arab nations.

So now, you have basically the one population on the planet that has been a "refugee" population for over 50 years, with no "land" to call their own except the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. The 2 territories that the Israelis allowed them to live in.

XxKnightxX
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
That area will forever be in conflict and it will head to nowhere but massive destruction and doom. I may sound like a prophet but thats the basic reality, If that area conflict hasnt been resolved in the past 3000 years, then there is a problem. Its also a conflict when both sides have their rights and wrongs.

My take is that things got worse when the US encouraged a democratic election in Palestine and Hamas overtook it.

Also the fact that Israel has been blockading the whole area and has sent Arab ships offering aid to Palestine away from Gaza.

The worst case scenario is that if Syria or Iran or other arab nations jump in, then hell is gonna be turned loose.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Ok, so now those same people, the Palestinians are controled and run by Hamas, who have it as their one goal, to kill the jews and take all of Israel for their own. Which is like an Australian attempting to take the USA has his own. Taint gonna ever happen.

Now, Israel moved, by force, its own Jewish people out of the Gaza strip, giving it, 100% to the Palestinians, to go along with a cease fire. However, Hamas, having the aim at killing the Jews, for no other reason than to kill the Jews, decided to violate that cease fire and shoot rockets into inhabited areas of Israel, like into downtown and what not, without any control as long as they killed civilians they didn't care.

So Isreal decided it was time to take out the rocket launchers and those who would want to kill all the Jews...for the sake of killing Jews and no other reason.

And that basically is where we are today.

Let me know if want to learn about Africa and the potential subversive Chinese take over of the resources of Africa. Now that's interesting.

DJfan
01-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I think that if a country was launching hundreds of rockets into our country, while declaring that one of the reasons they exist is to wipe our country off the map, we should invade them, too.

Hamas is responsible for this, and the Palestinians for electing Hamas to power.

steelwall
01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Let's just hope Iran is not feeling froggy, if so....there's gonna be bad things happening.

Polamalu Princess
01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Let's just hope Iran is not feeling froggy, if so....there's gonna be bad things happening.

Indeed.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2009, 08:26 PM

Ok, the thing about Iran...is that the people of Iran aren't actually bad people, just their government is running things in a secular way. The student protests and protests by the "denounced" government officials make it clear that those folks, the Iranians (Persians) don't want war with anyone. They actually want Internet, and News, and Fun, like dating and driving cars, and rock music and what not. Its that idiot in charge and the Imams that are driving that country down the wrong path all together.

They need another revolution over there in a bad way.

Polamalu Princess
01-04-2009, 09:10 PM
:noidea:Ok, the thing about Iran...is that the people of Iran aren't actually bad people, just their government is running things in a secular way. The student protests and protests by the "denounced" government officials make it clear that those folks, the Iranians (Persians) don't want war with anyone. They actually want Internet, and News, and Fun, like dating and driving cars, and rock music and what not. Its that idiot in charge and the Imams that are driving that country down the wrong path all together.

:noidea: Not sure what you are saying...I am not sure that I agree...please advise. I understand where this is going, but please state your case with documented facts. The small fractions of people that make war and things very bad are just the minority. Yet, why is the government protested by a small group. Again, I do not want to be confrontational, I just want to know where your facts come from.

steelwall
01-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Ok, the thing about Iran...is that the people of Iran aren't actually bad people, just their government is running things in a secular way. The student protests and protests by the "denounced" government officials make it clear that those folks, the Iranians (Persians) don't want war with anyone. They actually want Internet, and News, and Fun, like dating and driving cars, and rock music and what not. Its that idiot in charge and the Imams that are driving that country down the wrong path all together.

Actually I agree with you, the majority of Iranian people have zero desire for a war with the US, it is their leadership that is suspect.

I have a very different view of this subject, and I'm sure I will get flamed big time, but I'll let it out.

Everyone here that knows me, knows I am religious. Many people say that the jews/israelies are the "chosen" people. I'm sorry, I just do not see that in my bible.

Sure Jesus was a Jew and so on and so on, but Jesus broke away and was killed for his defiance. I'm no anti-Semite I wish no ill will on Israel or the Jewish people, but in history I cannot recall such a one sided alliance. Israel is a close "ally" yet they can't really help us in the middle east because if they did all hell would break loose, and pretty much the same goes for us.

So here we are.... an alliance with a country we see little benefit from, (perhaps some intelligence) but even that I'm not sure of, and I'm saying this as a former soldier.

I don't like the fact that Israel has such a large hand in our own government. I don't like the fact that APAC can pretty much make or break an elected official.

I don't like the fact that Israel has the most powerful lobby and uses their lobby for their benefit..

I don't like the fact that Israel blatantly attacked the USS Liberty killed American service men and tried to cover it up, obviously to try and lay the blame on Egypt so the US would Destroy "their" enemy.

I don't like the fact that probably 6 out of 10 countries fault us for our unwavering support of that nation which we seemingly only catch crap for, and a nation by now, perfectly capable of taking care of itself..

I don't like the fact that Israel seems to do whatever they want, because they know we have their back.

I don't like the fact that most of the animosity between the US and the Arab nations is due to our support of a one sided alliance.

I don't like many of the "holy" books of Israel that refer to the rest of us as cattle. And other foul things I have read.

Yes bring the ant-Semite bashing on, but the fact is my arse was on the line in that region, and I got my news from the people in that region, not from CNN or FOX.

For the life of me I can't see the benefit of this alliance. Religion out of the equation this is an alliance that will ruin us, and in many ways it has already started.

All Iím saying is we need to worry about our country first, however in many ways that is not happening, this alliance will bite us in the arse you have my word on that, and in fact it already has.

millwalldavey
01-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Let me know if want to learn about Africa and the potential subversive Chinese take over of the resources of Africa. Now that's interesting.

Indeed. That is something that is very very underreported.

Similar to the issues in the "Stans". Thats gonna be the biggest issue in the world in about 5 years methinks.

millwalldavey
01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Steelwall. We have many things in agreement.

Hines0wnz
01-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Especially since Arafat started the whole Israel/Palestine war when Sharon was the PM of Israel.

Or perhaps when he was part of the group that killed the Israelis in Munich....

Godfather
01-07-2009, 10:39 PM
:noidea:

:noidea: Not sure what you are saying...I am not sure that I agree...please advise. I understand where this is going, but please state your case with documented facts. The small fractions of people that make war and things very bad are just the minority. Yet, why is the government protested by a small group. Again, I do not want to be confrontational, I just want to know where your facts come from.

You don't get frequent large protests against a dictatorship.

Havik
01-10-2009, 12:08 AM
I strongly agree with Steelwall. Israel and the Palestinians will continue fighting no matter what. I could really care less, IMO it's not our problem.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Let the entire Middle East fight and kill each other off..... In the end there will only be one (religion/group) still standing and then they will have noone else to fight with and they can be happy living in there religious wonderland.

DJfan
01-10-2009, 12:52 AM
The lack of understanding of what the Bible says is a scary thing.

TroysBadDawg
01-10-2009, 01:39 AM
<snip>
Back after WWII, the world community (winners over Hitler) helped the Jewish population migrate to Israel, and establish their own State. However, all the Arabs in the surrounding area didn't like that, cause for whatever reason, they hate Jews. For being Jewish I guess. So those Arab Nations, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, told the Palestinians living in Israel, to get out of Israel because they were going to unite to attack Israel and kill or kick out the Jewish people. 6 days later after Israel kicked their collective asses, the Palestinians who did leave, were welcome back into the state of Israel. After all, they left hoping the Jews would be killed.

So...like any good refugee, the Palestians looked to migrate to Jordan, Egypt and Syria, however they were Denied. Absolutely Denied being allowed into those same Arab nations.

So now, you have basically the one population on the planet that has been a "refugee" population for over 50 years, with no "land" to call their own except the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. The 2 territories that the Israelis allowed them to live in.
Now lets get a few facts straight. Palestine was a country unto itself and was a close ally to the the allies. When Rommel had the allies trapped with their backs to the med it was a Palestinians that got the allies out using their fishing boats and anything else they could use to rescue them.
At the end of WWII Churchill decides to give the Jewish people their own place to live and it was the country of Palestine. The people living there for countless centuries were told to up and leave their homes that have been in the families for ever. That is why some are upset they were displaced by the people they fought for.

I am 1st generation Lebanese and the Israel is now having to protect the true Lebanese people from the Syrians who are still dragging the Christians out of their homes and executing them. Then taking the homes for themselves. There is not much left of my family alive in the old country because of this. Hamas is funded by Syria and the world knows it. Lebanon was a 98% Christian nation ruled in the Democratic way, now it is 80% Muslim with the insurgence of the Syrians who now claim they are Lebanese. It is no longer a Democracy because any person who is not syrian or sides with the Syrians runs for election is assassinated. Look at the two brother some years ago that were actually Lebanese duly elected and killed by snipers. I can go on about this but it is like beating a dead horse because nothing will be done to Syria because of the agreement Bush made with Syria, to back the Desert Storm and the US looks the other way concerning Lebanon.

It Is very sad that our country did that just for their baking in Desert Storm.

millwalldavey
01-10-2009, 06:59 PM
The lack of understanding of what the Bible says is a scary thing.

So are the many ways it has been interpreted.