PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to buy playoff Tickets off the Street

golden
01-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Was wondering if anyone has purchased tickets off the many guys on the street on game day. We are coming from NJ and usually have tickets for the regular season games. We would love to go the the January 11th playoff game but no tickets. Is it safe and should we take the chance and are they reasonable in price or am I better off purchasing elsewhere. Thanks!!

steelpride12
01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
No way man i never trust a scalper. We were with friends at a regular season game last year and they needed 4 tickets and decided to try a street seller.
First they over payed with good seats for over $1000 and as soon as he got their money he quickly dissapeared. We made fun of them the whole way down saying they wont work just playing at guess what the tickets didnt work. all that money down the drain. gone. No man not worth it.

nojobny
01-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I just looked at the Steelers ticket exchange and there are plenty of seats for sale. I'd rather pay a bit more for seats I *know* are legit than hand over money to a scalper.

I don't know how much the 'good seats' retail but I know face value for the nosebleed seats is $100.

Good luck. i hope you find something

HometownGal
01-03-2009, 08:17 PM
In a nutshell . . . .

HELL NO.

SteelCityMan786
01-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Was wondering if anyone has purchased tickets off the many guys on the street on game day. We are coming from NJ and usually have tickets for the regular season games. We would love to go the the January 11th playoff game but no tickets. Is it safe and should we take the chance and are they reasonable in price or am I better off purchasing elsewhere. Thanks!!

You do NOT want to buy any from Steelers.com Ticket Exchange. Those can be VERY Misleading. However, others can be good and not. If they're a reasonable price, then take a stab at it, but if it sounds too good to be true, DO NOT TAKE IT.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-03-2009, 08:33 PM
go here http://www.stubhub.com/pittsburgh-steelers-playoff-tickets/?osid=nfl_home-page_sp

We need to make sure our presence is felt where ever we go. I am also form Jersey and I went to the Browns game last week and on the plan I was BSing with the guy next to me who also lived in Jersey. He said he was moving to Texas , and I asked wont it be hard to see the Steelers play at home?

His response with a stone cold face ....

"Every game is a HOME GAME!!

Amen to STEELERS NATION :tt03:

MJ5150
01-04-2009, 03:19 AM
I'll go the other way on this one.....yes.

I bought my tickets from a scalper before the Dallas game. He was camped out on Allegheny and Ridge. He gave me his card, and even walked part way down the street with me toward the stadium telling me the tickets were legit. My cousin went to the Browns game last week, and bought more tickets from the same guy on the same corner, he went looking for him. If you want his info, send me a private message.

I've bought thousands of dollars worth of tickets to sold out events from scalpers in my life. I got burned only one time. I paid $50 a piece for four tickets to get into a Yankees/Red Sox game at Yankee Stadium a few years ago. The tickets I bought were actually stubs from tickets that had already been used. I pleaded my case with the usher. He let us in anyway and told us not to go to the seats but to just stand around somewhere.

-Mike

golden
01-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Thanks for all your responses. I will look around and price and see what I can find...my husband would be upset if he got ripped off as would I.

Galax Steeler
01-04-2009, 08:16 AM
I would not take a chance on a scalper I would get them from somewhere you can trust.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Hey check out e bay i got 2 tict 4 220 and they are with stub hub so you no they r good