PDA

View Full Version : Endzones

noto45
01-03-2009, 07:17 PM
with the playoff game looming I wish they would paint the end zones gold like they used to at three rivers.......

SteelCityMan786
01-03-2009, 07:24 PM
with the playoff game looming I wish they would paint the end zones gold like they used to at three rivers.......

Wouldn't be a bad idea.

HometownGal
01-03-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't like Heinz Field, so I wouldn't care if they painted them neon pink with purple polka dots. :chuckle:

I loved TRS. Best place in the world to watch a football game imho.

:tombstone "HOUSE OF NOISE"! :tt02:

noto45
01-04-2009, 12:51 PM
some call the Rooneys and get them painted!!!!

steelpride12
01-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Heinz Field was one big disappointment.
First off we have probably the most fans in the nation and we have around second to last when it comes to seats?
Second, the structure was just not made for noise and even in a playoff game winning the game winning TD just does not bring the same noise as other stadiums.

Godfather
01-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I wonder if there's room to build an upper deck on the side facing away from Clemente Field? (I refuse to recognize that corporate name). Kind of like a lot of the college venues do.

They could fund the construction with PSLs or a fundraising campaign.

plenewken
01-05-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't like Heinz Field, so I wouldn't care if they painted them neon pink with purple polka dots. :chuckle:

I don't like Heinz Field either, for lots of reasons. The grass (or lack thereof), the limited seating (bottom 20% of the NFL), the lack of protection of the North end, the wind, the limited noise, the prices of food concessions .......... to name a few.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Unfortunatly I never got a chance to go to TRS. Wish I could have, it would have been a great experience.

atlsteelers
01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
now that pitt's season and the high school champioship games are over i think that they will paint the endzone. I believe thats what they have done in the past.

pepsyman1
01-06-2009, 02:08 AM

I agree 1000% HometownGal. The very first time I came to Pittsburgh to see a Steelers game was the AFC championship game against the Chargers in 94. I thought TRS was gonna shake itself to bits it was so loud. You could feel the building rumble. Heinz field is a disappointment in that regard. I'd love to see them go back and close the open end, add some seats and stop letting out all the energy the fans are giving.