PDA

View Full Version : You Heard It here first!!

verks36
01-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Hey guys havent been as active on the forums lately but here is whats going to happen... So listen up (BTW i called the chargers win)

Dolphins are going to beat the Ravens. ( Flacco is going to make some turnover while the Dolphins offense does just enough to get the win.)

Chargers are going to beat the Titans ( yes thats no mistake). Chargers do what the steelers couldnt and totally shut down titans running game and in a thriller Chargers come out on top.

Dolphins so pumped up from last weeks win. Dont fully show up against the steelers and take a heavy dose of willie and moore. with the Steelers beating them handily at home.

The Steelers vs the Chargers in the AFC Championship game is a heavy fight. Chargers are kinda like us back when we one the super bowl a couple years ago in Detroit.
The are the hot team riding a long win streak.
The steelers manage to shut down their run game and but the presure on rivers. In a low score field position battle the whole game. Tied up with 2 min left ben drives down the field with the go ahead field goal from reed as times expires.

Steelers vs Gmen Superbowl

I will elaborate on that game once all the other stuff leading up to that game comes true

So in short this is what I am calling

Dolphins Over Ravens
Chargers over Titans
Steelers Over Dolphins
Steelers Over Chargers
Steelers vs Gmen Super bowl

Write it down because this is the truth

augustashark
01-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Confucius say: Man with hand in pocket, feel co cky all day.

I like the post.

Galax Steeler
01-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Sounds good to me I would take it like that.

Rick5895
01-04-2009, 08:15 AM
That is a great possibility for the AFC, but here is a sleeper for you, the Steelers will play..................in the super bowl...............the Cardinals!!!

TheManOfSteel
01-04-2009, 08:27 AM
That battle for PA in the Super Bowl!

redst3
01-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Interesting, but I wouldnt take the Chargers to beat any one else. I also think Baltimore will win today.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-04-2009, 08:43 AM
I see Baltimore winning today too.

That's fine, let them and the Titans beat the crap out of each other next week, make it easier for us in the AFC Championship Game.

stillers4me
01-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm still in mourning over the injustice of no Manning/Manning Superbowl.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! !!!!!!

JanBr7
01-04-2009, 09:09 AM
I'd like to see the fins....it would be a great game, and a great story. But I think that Baltimore is going to win that game, then hopefully lose to Tenn.

I am really hoping for a rematch with Tenn in the AFC championship.

T&B fan
01-04-2009, 09:14 AM

thank god for that ..:thumbsup::drink: and glad to see it end so soon for the ESPN talking heads .:laughing:

LetsRock
01-04-2009, 09:26 AM

What will the media have to talk about now?? So far both the "Rookie of the Year" and the "MVP" have both been smacked down in the first round.

GodofGridiron
01-04-2009, 12:53 PM
What will the media have to talk about now?? So far both the "Rookie of the Year" and the "MVP" have both been smacked down in the first round.

Theres a suckfest goin on, over at ESPN at the moment over Flacco.

LetsRock
01-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Theres a suckfest goin on, over at ESPN at the moment over Flacco.

I truely believe that the Steelers laid down for the Titans and gave them that game. I don't think Pittsburgh wanted the 1st seed because that would almost guarantee a Steelers/Ravens three-peat. Taking the second seed forces the Ravens to have to knock off the 1st seed Titans before getting their shot at us if they make it that far. Tomlin and the Steelers KNEW that the Ravens would get the 6th seed.

stillers4me
01-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I truely believe that the Steelers laid down for the Titans and gave them that game. I don't think Pittsburgh wanted the 1st seed because that would almost guarantee a Steelers/Ravens three-peat. Taking the second seed forces the Ravens to have to knock off the 1st seed Titans before getting their shot at us if they make it that far. Tomlin and the Steelers KNEW that the Ravens would get the 6th seed.

While I don't believe they'd ever give a game away, I did not see any urgency in the way we played, on either side of the ball.

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 01:34 PM
I agree with no urgency, that being said, I don't think the Giants are as good as they were at the beginning of the season, I'm picking the Panthers out of the NFC.

KeiselPower99
01-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Im taking the Fins today mostly cause I want Chad to show NY what they had. Itll be the Steelers and Chargers AFC Title game and us against Carolina in Tampa. Im not convinced the Gmen are the better team.

noto45
01-04-2009, 02:17 PM
i hope so the rat birds must go!

steelpride12
01-04-2009, 02:21 PM
I do agree on one thing. The Chargers are def. riding like the '05 Steelers right now and will make it to the AFC Championship game pretty handily.

Panthers and Giants seems like a good match-up i wanna see. If the Panthers can run the ball on their defense and win i see them in the super bowl.

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 02:47 PM
I do agree on one thing. The Chargers are def. riding like the '05 Steelers right now and will make it to the AFC Championship game pretty handily.

Panthers and Giants seems like a good match-up i wanna see. If the Panthers can run the ball on their defense and win i see them in the super bowl.

Careful, looks like they have to come to Pittsburgh.

lilyoder6
01-04-2009, 02:58 PM
if the cards can keep there running game like they had against the falcons i wouldn't put them past making it to the SB.. they sure do have the off to put up numbers to win a game.. and the def played lights out.. always a possiblilty

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Boldin being hurt doesn't help though. I wouldn't mind seeing them make some noise though.

redst3
01-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I dont see the Dolphins coming back in this game. So, we are playing the Bolts???

Sharkissle29
01-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Boldin being hurt doesn't help though. I wouldn't mind seeing them make some noise though.

ive hated the cardinals ever since the steelers lost in az. i was at that game, and their fans are so c o cky its ridiculous.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 03:38 PM
I dont see the Dolphins coming back in this game. So, we are playing the Bolts???

Yea...Dolphins never had a chance in this game...We get the Chargers...Titans get the Ravens

GodofGridiron
01-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Looks like the final four will be Tennessee, Pittsburgh, SD and Baltimore. All of these teams are playing very physical brands of football today.

Get ya chinstrap ready and keep it tight. Everything is now set.

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 04:00 PM
ive hated the cardinals ever since the steelers lost in az. i was at that game, and their fans are so c o cky its ridiculous.

I wonder what they have to be profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery about? Odd.

Shoes
01-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Hey guys havent been as active on the forums lately but here is whats going to happen... So listen up (BTW i called the chargers win)

Dolphins are going to beat the Ravens. ( Flacco is going to make some turnover while the Dolphins offense does just enough to get the win.)

Chargers are going to beat the Titans ( yes thats no mistake). Chargers do what the steelers couldnt and totally shut down titans running game and in a thriller Chargers come out on top.

Dolphins so pumped up from last weeks win. Dont fully show up against the steelers and take a heavy dose of willie and moore. with the Steelers beating them handily at home.

The Steelers vs the Chargers in the AFC Championship game is a heavy fight. Chargers are kinda like us back when we one the super bowl a couple years ago in Detroit.
The are the hot team riding a long win streak.
The steelers manage to shut down their run game and but the presure on rivers. In a low score field position battle the whole game. Tied up with 2 min left ben drives down the field with the go ahead field goal from reed as times expires.

Steelers vs Gmen Superbowl

I will elaborate on that game once all the other stuff leading up to that game comes true

So in short this is what I am calling

Dolphins Over Ravens
Chargers over Titans
Steelers Over Dolphins
Steelers Over Chargers
Steelers vs Gmen Super bowl

Write it down because this is the truth

False Prophet.....:chuckle:

steelpride12
01-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Well your 0-1 on day one....

GodofGridiron
01-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I wonder what they have to be profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery about? Odd.

You have to understand their mentality in Phoenix. Being a dormat for so long, any victory over a legitimate contender allows them to exercise their chests cavities. Last years win over us was one of their Hallmark victories. They actually feel they own us .....seriously. Talk to one of em. They tout regular season victories over us like some of us fans tout past Lombardi trophies to fans of other teams.

Everybody knows the NFC is weak compared to the AFC and the Cards are very fortunate to have played in the league's weakest division. Their fans are makin a raucous today with yesterday's win. They believe they "got this wrapped up" and they believe they would be favored vs the Steelers due to the "familiarity factor" and their recent "ownage" of us as they would have you believe.

Smoke gets thick out here (Phoenix).

missedgehead
01-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Looks like we drew the Chargers. Better than the Colts I guess. That Sproles dude is gonna be a pain in the neck.

My Super Bowl matchup, of course, I am a bit biased: Steelers vs the Giants

We will find out if my G Men are "overrated." or not like some here insist they are. Last I looked, I thought it was the Giants who denied the Pats the undefeated season. None of the other teams the Pats faced did it. Kind of tired of people still acting like the G Men's win last year was a fluke or something

verks36
01-05-2009, 12:25 AM
well their goes my predication

MJ5150
01-05-2009, 12:30 AM
well their goes my predication

Props to you for having the stones to put it all out there on the line like that though. I'm too chicken to do something like that, so I just go from week to week. :laughing:

Oh hey....Arizona is known as Pittsburgh West in my circle of friends.

-Mike

siss
01-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Im leaving this thread because I think it will come back to haunt Steelers fans.

Its bad Karma to speak of "The Game" before your team has even played its first game!

Boltz
01-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Is your QB going to show up( concussion)? Anyways, try not to embarress us like the Broncos, Colts, and all of the Football world not giving us a chance, but I like our chances

MJ5150
01-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Is your QB going to show up( concussion)? Anyways, try not to embarress us like the Broncos, Colts, and all of the Football world not giving us a chance, but I like our chances

As for Ben, we'll see. I'm pretty sure he is going to be under center on our first offensive snap, but it remains to be scene how he responds.

No one will get embarassed on Sunday evening in Pittsburgh.

While I got your attention.....make sure you come back to our forum and eat your crow Monday morning if you lose alright? Nothing worse than fanboys posting on the opposing teams forum all week, and then suddenly disappearing into thin air when they lose. Tell all your other Bolt buddies who have raided this forum, and those still to come as the week wears on. Deal?

-Mike

Boltz
01-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Deal, but im still hangin around the Denver post, and giving it to them, and listening to all the Colt fans that got robbed, Im loving it , but you guy's know football like nobody's bus. but sometimes having a week off can hurt a team when the other is peaking at the right time. Anyway's I hope its going to be a slugfest and may the best team win.

MJ5150
01-05-2009, 01:48 AM
I hope its going to be a slugfest and may the best team win.

Yeah, me too. I really hope LT gets healthy enough to play, and Gates is 100%. I don't like it when any of my guys are out or injured, and I feel the same about our opponents.

We'll see on the bye week. We weren't really on a major roll before it, but I still worry a little bit about the lack of competition for a couple weeks.

-Mike

markymarc
01-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Well my home teams going undefeated theory totally sucked for yesterday. Bring on the Chargers.

MJ5150
01-12-2009, 03:01 AM
Boltz got banned, so I guess he won't be back on Monday morning like he said he would even if his Chargers lost. Oh well, I doubt he would have come back anyway.

I sure blew it with my comment about no one getting embarassed on Sunday night. The Chargers got tore up all night long.

-Mike

markymarc
01-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Boltz got banned, so I guess he won't be back on Monday morning like he said he would even if his Chargers lost. Oh well, I doubt he would have come back anyway.

I sure blew it with my comment about no one getting embarassed on Sunday night. The Chargers got tore up all night long.

-Mike

You are right in that Boltz would not have come back to eat crow. And yes the Chargers after their first drive got tore up.