PDA

View Full Version : SD Charger Fans Intro

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Hello, all, I'm an SD Charger fan, and as Baltimore is cleaning up the Dolphins down in Miami, it looks like we will be traveling to you guys. So I look forward to the game, and as much as I'm a Charger homer, I've got a greater respect for the game. The 70's Steelers will always remain iconic in my love for the game.

I'm sure there will be references ad nauseum about the '94-'95 AFC championship, but this game looks to be just as exciting. Let's see how it turns out!

The Duke
01-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Welcome man

Hopefully we have a good game :cheers:

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks... by the way, I don't have any control over the idiots of any team that post smack, trash, or otherwise make themselves the fool. I"ve also started a thread at our board for all the members to go through this thread so you can see our ugly mugs.

Can any of you regs sorta give us a heads up on the "local rules" of the forum, such as image sizes, smack talk, profanity, etc? Fine print is great, but we like to keep it in line whenever possible. Thanks!

The Duke
01-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Hey, as long as there are no trolls here there's no problem

Mods will probably come soon with the rules you are asking

Enjoy SF

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Can any of you regs sorta give us a heads up on the "local rules" of the forum, such as image sizes, smack talk, profanity, etc? Fine print is great, but we like to keep it in line whenever possible. Thanks!

Why, coi-tainly

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=354

I like your style.

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Hiya and welcome to Steelers Fever! :drink:

It's going to be a good game, no doubt about it. Here's hoping to an injury free matchup next weekend (and another Steelers W against you guys!) -:wink02::thumbsup:

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks... by the way, I don't have any control over the idiots of any team that post smack, trash, or otherwise make themselves the fool. I"ve also started a thread at our board for all the members to go through this thread so you can see our ugly mugs.

We don't mind smack talk, TDSE, but we like to keep it contained to the Blast Furnace. Mild swearing is permissible, but vulgarity is not, as we have some young teens on this board.

I look forward to some great football discussion with your Bolts fans! :thumbsup:

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 03:17 PM
I also want to say that you guys not only won some serious hardware in the '70's, winning the SB as the sixth seed is an awesome record in itself, as you were the first team since Oakland to win the SB without a home playoff game. Beating Indy was great to see (despite the Bus's horrific fumble and Ben's season-saving tackle), and the drubbing you gave to the Donks (Broncos) in the AFCC was totally cool to see.

OK, I'm done with the brown-nosing. Let's have a clean, hard-hitting game with a FG or last-minute drive to determine the winner.

SDfaiderHater
01-04-2009, 03:22 PM
We don't mind smack talk, TDSE, but we like to keep it contained to the Blast Furnace. Mild swearing is permissible, but vulgarity is not, as we have some young teens on this board.

I look forward to some great football discussion with your Bolts fans! :thumbsup:

Hey guys, gotta say one of my all time favorite games to watch was the 1994 AFCC between our teams, great game with Gibson making an improbable play, one which will go down in history as the only play that guy made in his career, along with Pupunu crackin open the big pineapple...

anyways,if by chance you get some trolls, just blame the Raiders, cause thats where they came from, frustrated bandwagon raider fans...Real SD fans are classy, like Ron Burgundy says.

anyway,hope Big Ben is okay, i want us to beat you guys at your best, show the media that SD belongs.

GoBolts5447
01-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Another Bolts fan here... here is to another epic game between our two great teams :drink:

redst3
01-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Welcome. I am on a Bolts board and have been treated cordially.

madman17
01-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Another Bolts fan here! Lets make this a terrific game next week! I'm pretty excited

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Welcome. I am on a Bolts board and have been treated cordially.

Most Bolts fans have class from what I've seen when we played them during the reg season and what I've seen thus far today. :thumbsup:

sunbiz1
01-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Good afternoon/evening Steeler fans:drink:,

I hope everyone had a good Holiday season and are looking forward to some solid competition this weekend from SD. I'm actually a life-long Bear fan who adopted the Chargers as my AFC team several years ago. I see Cowher has decided to pass on the HC offers for another year for which I am grateful considering my Bears will not part ways with their current HC until he screws up one more season. Tomlin's done a nice job there continuing the tradition, and your QB reminds me a bit of Bradshaw with his can do it all attitude.

Very nice forum you all have here,

Regards,

:nfc:

Biz

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Another Bolts fan here... here is to another epic game between our two great teams :drink:

i don't think it's going to be an EPIC game. i think it'll be like the last time we met...only this time our interceptions will count. haha!

i'm always looking forward to ANY team we play. for some reason, i smell an AFC North AFC Championship game. NFC, too. Giants vs. Eagles. i smell like like i can smell Cleveland from here. =)

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 04:38 PM
honestly, i think San Diego is a GREAT organization and they tend to play close to the chest and drama free. Philip Rivers, LT, Merriman are all excellent players and itis nice to see their fans can reflect their players. it's sad i can't say the same for the Cowboys, Ravens, Patriots, and Browns fans. =)

my brother is trying to convince me of a total beat down next weekend. he doesn't even like San Diego. he just LOVES Tomlinson. he's a total bandwagoner and he's a Steeler hater. he also loves Vick, Bush, and Moss! he's a moron. =)

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Good afternoon/evening Steeler fans:drink:,

I hope everyone had a good Holiday season and are looking forward to some solid competition this weekend from SD. I'm actually a life-long Bear fan who adopted the Chargers as my AFC team several years ago. I see Cowher has decided to pass on the HC offers for another year for which I am grateful considering my Bears will not part ways with their current HC until he screws up one more season. Tomlin's done a nice job there continuing the tradition, and your QB reminds me a bit of Bradshaw with his can do it all attitude.

Very nice forum you all have here,

Regards,

:nfc:

Biz

Thanks for the props and kind words, Biz. :hatsoff:

Good luck next weekend! :drink:

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
wow. There's ENTIRELY too much love on these boards prior to a playoff game!!!!

I'll start it off

Rivers> Big Ben

Let the war begin. :)

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 05:11 PM

I'll start it off

Rivers> Big Ben

I'll finish it off.

Steelers D > entire Bolts O.
:toofunny:

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 05:12 PM

I'll start it off

Rivers> Big Ben

:sofunny:

Oh man.

Give it a few days (maybe hours).

Welcome aboard... I think?

dekkerbasser
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
hey hey!

I'm here to represent the chargers. while i cannot promise that some of them will come out here to troll, i wont

best of luck in teh game and let's bring on the smack!

Sd Dank
01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Let the games begin. Chargers fan here to let you all know that the term" Stay Classy San Diego" is totally overused so lets come up with some better.

bolterguiest
01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
good luck next sun. go bolts

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Welcome to all of you.

Should be a good one.

I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm hoping for a Nor'easter.

steelcityboyz
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Good Luck Bolts fans.. should be a good game.

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
And even if SD loses, the weather is wonderful there... so they will still win.. ? ?

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 07:24 PM
And even if SD loses, the weather is wonderful there... so they will still win.. ? ?

The weather is so wonderful here, that Peyton Manning is taking a well-recommended hike on our balmy beaches. He has plenty of time before going back to LA for his next commercial endorsement.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 07:28 PM

Spent a weeks vacation at the Hotel Del Coronado....yeah....they got it made with the weather.

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 07:30 PM
It was freakin' cold this morning....I had to carry my sweater with me to church in case it became nippy...

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 07:33 PM
It was freakin' cold this morning....I had to carry my sweater with me to church in case it became nippy...

If it wasnt 22 degrees here...I might be able to work up some sympathy for ya!

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Actually, I had to laugh at the officials putting on their "cold weather" black pants on at Qallcomm last night. It was actually in the upper 50's / lower 60's for most of the game, which in your part of the country qualify as mid-spring weather. I think the reason they did was for rain more than temperature concerns, but it did seem out of whack.

Galax Steeler
01-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Heres to a good game as long as there is no trolling going on.:drink:

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Heres to a good game as long as there is no trolling going on.:drink:

I'm sure we have a few idiots from SD, but for the most part we find the SD trolls are actually closet raider fans.

hindes204
01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
welcome all you san diego fans, i was just there last week as i am stationed at travis afb right outside sacramento, drove all the way down PCH...it was a nice city, except for the rather large woman we saw changing her clothes in the middle of downtown :doh: should be a good game, although i like our chances...i predict 28-10 steelers

SteelersMongol
01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
All of those Chargers fans, welcome and enjoy your stay here.

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 09:44 PM
welcome all you san diego fans, i was just there last week as i am stationed at travis afb right outside sacramento, drove all the way down PCH...it was a nice city, except for the rather large woman we saw changing her clothes in the middle of downtown :doh: should be a good game, although i like our chances...i predict 28-10 steelers

Sorry about the big lady. We'll ship her to Indy along with the rest of the Colts.

And thanks for your service. We are incredibly proud to have you watching our backs in this troubled world. By your sig, I gather you might be a Rush Limbaugh fan, who of course will be rooting for you guys and will probably be in attendance at Heinz Field next Sunday. Big dittos, but hopefully Rush will fly home to Florida a bit sadder that night.

hindes204
01-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Sorry about the big lady. We'll ship her to Indy along with the rest of the Colts.

And thanks for your service. We are incredibly proud to have you watching our backs in this troubled world. By your sig, I gather you might be a Rush Limbaugh fan, who of course will be rooting for you guys and will probably be in attendance at Heinz Field next Sunday. Big dittos, but hopefully Rush will fly home to Florida a bit sadder that night.

thanks for the thanks...yes, rush will be rooting along with us, and he usually does make the trip to heinz for the big games, i wish i had his kind of money, i'd be right next to him at the game

chargrgrl55
01-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm sure we have a few idiots from SD, but for the most part we find the SD trolls are actually closet raider fans.

Stop talking about my mom..... ;o)

Charger girl here... born and raised San Diegan, lived in the Burgh for about 6 years now...

Turn Offs: Mean Stillerz fans
Turn Ons: Charger wins

SBL1721
01-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Hello Steelers fans! Another die hard Bolts fan invading your forum ;) It's all good though, no smack here, well not too much lol. It's going to be a great game, hard hitting no doubt. Let's hope for no injuries :cheers:

dekkerbasser
01-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Well...

Sounds to me like Big Ben is gonna start on Sun.

How long you steeler fans think he'll last?

The Duke
01-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Well...

Sounds to me like Big Ben is gonna start on Sun.

How long you steeler fans think he'll last?

Until halftime

He'll be resting for the championship with the steelers up 31-0

Leftwich will beast on the 2nd half

sanluis
01-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Hi Steeler fans!! Good luck this Sunday. :hatsoff:

SteelCityKing
01-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Until halftime

i enjoy your thoughts kind sir...and i pray you are right. =)

SBL1721
01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Until halftime

Are you serious!?! 31-0!! Little over confident there buddy don't you think, the Bolts won't lay down just because you have the DPOY....who CARES!!! You guys need to learn how to score a TD first before posting a score like that:rofl:

fansince'76
01-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Are you serious!?! 31-0!! Little over confident there buddy don't you think, the Bolts won't lay down just because you have the DPOY....who CARES!!! You guys need to learn how to score a TD first before posting a score like that:rofl:

Maybe this time the refs won't take multiple TDs we score off the board like last time, while letting your LT put Harrison in a headlock the entire game without calling it. :coffee:

baphamet
01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Until halftime

:rofl:

baphamet
01-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Maybe this time the refs won't take multiple TDs we score off the board like last time, while letting your LT put Harrison in a headlock the entire game without calling it. :coffee:

you really are fixated on that meaningless TD, too bad your team couldn't score a TD on offense.....too bad your team couldn't score a TD in the first 59 minutes 59 seconds of the game.

you really think its just going to be exactly like that again? fact of the matter is, you barley pulled that first one off until the very end, against a team that is playing much better now than they were then.

not even the same defense now....but i am sure you believe that troy will have another miracle int or TD at the end of the game again, right? :coffee::coffee::coffee:

SBL1721
01-06-2009, 12:58 PM
^^^^I was thinking the same thing :applaudit:

fansince'76
01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
you really are fixated on that meaningless TD, too bad your team couldn't score a TD on offense.....too bad your team couldn't score a TD in the first 59 minutes 59 seconds of the game.

you really think its just going to be exactly like that again? fact of the matter is, you barley pulled that first one off until the very end, against a team that is playing much better now than they were then.

not even the same defense now....but i am sure you believe that troy will have another miracle int or TD at the end of the game again, right? :coffee::coffee::coffee:

We'll see. Can't wait until Sunday night when you go crawling back to your hole never to be heard from again. :yawn:

Fordy
01-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Turn Ons: Charger wins

Next September is a long ways away:flap:

boltsfan2
01-06-2009, 04:50 PM
We'll see. Can't wait until Sunday night when you go crawling back to your hole never to be heard from again. :yawn:

That is exactly what the Colts and their fans are doing now. Better hope your not beaten by a team that "shouldn't be in the play offs".

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 05:43 PM

:yap::yap::yap:

We'll see come Sunday night. When the Chargers lose in OUR house, will you Bolts fans be back to eat the crowburgers I'm cookin' up for ya?

MathWiz
01-06-2009, 11:42 PM
:yap::yap::yap:

We'll see come Sunday night. When the Chargers lose in OUR house, will you Bolts fans be back to eat the crowburgers I'm cookin' up for ya?

I will be here but not to eat crow, when watching the Colts game on Saturday Night. I was thinking that what an exciting game this was, I hoped the Chargers would win, but I would still be proud of my team if thay had not, because 5 weeks ago, everyone had wriiten us off.

Now they are here, they have been playing "Win or Go Home" games for five weeks, and they will do their teammates and their city proud reguardless of the outcome.

I hope for clean injury free game.

Charles

Polamalu43
01-07-2009, 12:41 AM
welcome aboard!!!

SteelMember
01-07-2009, 11:30 AM
welcome aboard!!!

:scratchchin:

Welcome to-board. :chuckle:

808BOLT
01-07-2009, 04:37 PM
If it wasnt 22 degrees here...I might be able to work up some sympathy for ya!

Hmmm, nothing below the 80's here. Sun fun and swaying palms. Oh, btw Aloha from Hawaii steeler fans.:wave:

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Will be 20 and snowing on Sunday! REAL football weather!!

ChargerChef
01-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Well folks not alot to talk about yet, however I would like to say HELLO! and Best of LUCK to both teams, I know how the Steeler fans would love to win at home in their cold blistery weather, however I would like to inform them that we will be bringing the Bolts to town to win a chance to play at home next weekend after the Ravens beat the Titans.

Good Luck!

Go Chargers!

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Sorry, I was sick all week. No, not from the game with what I call the 3rd Quarter from Hell... but from this darned toothache that started two hours after the game.

In any case, i appreciate your wonderful hospitality, and frankly hope you beat the Ravens. They are a special thorn in our side from way back, but at least you guys play them tough.

Here is a token of my appreciation...since the Steelers played out of the box last week, here's a few out of the box images for you to enjoy.

NOTE TO MODS: If the images violate your bandwidth apology, then I apologize. I'll leave the link list here if you have to delete the images.

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww206/MountQ/steeler01.jpg
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww206/MountQ/steeler05.jpg
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww206/MountQ/steeler04.jpg
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww206/MountQ/steeler03.jpg
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww206/MountQ/steeler02.jpg

tony hipchest
01-18-2009, 01:26 AM
damn, those are awesome 'eggo.

hey, you were cool here, and cool on your own board when you encouraged other chargerans to join.

you guys represented well. :thumbsup:

kinda strange weve only had about 4 ravenfans join for championship week. :noidea: anyways, thank you, and you guys are welcome. :cheers:

Preacher
01-18-2009, 01:34 AM
We've had a couple cool new members come over from the Chargers' boards.

I hope they stay.

redst3
01-18-2009, 01:53 AM
TDSE

Hope you do keep coming back

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Yep...midnight turned our football into a pumpkin when Ben won the game at the end of the first half with a magnificent drive. I thought our D had a chance until then, and in fact had the Chargers held out the half the same outcome would have occured as the Charger D FINALLY ran out of gas.

Let's get by baltimore and then take on the other birdies in Tampa!

BY THE WAY...if anyone has a special request for a photoshop image done in the way I did the others, let me know, it doesn't have to be a Steeler.