PDA

View Full Version : I think the Ravens winning is a good thing

Hapa
01-04-2009, 02:58 PM
As much as it hurts my heart to see the Ravens win, I actually think it's good for us.

Here's how I see it:

Steelers vs. Chargers should be a win by the Steelers, especially considering that the Steelers greatest weakness- a great enemy pass rush, is almost nonexistent in San Diego.

So the Ravens will play the Titans, and that should be an extremely physical game. They both play smashmouth football and they should be very sore and tired from that game, no matter who wins.

So if all goes well, the Steelers will play a very worn down Ravens/Titans game in the AFC championship and take a dump in their facemasks.

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 03:02 PM
All we need to do is get to Rivers, their O-line isn't that great.

hindes204
01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
i agree...let them 2 beat the hell out of each other....i started counting down already, cant wait to play the chargers next week, im jonesin already

:tt03::tt03::tt03:

VegasStlrFan
01-04-2009, 03:07 PM
As much as it hurts my heart to see the Ravens win, I actually think it's good for us.

Here's how I see it:

Steelers vs. Chargers should be a win by the Steelers, especially considering that the Steelers greatest weakness- a great enemy pass rush, is almost nonexistent in San Diego.

So the Ravens will play the Titans, and that should be an extremely physical game. They both play smashmouth football and they should be very sore and tired from that game, no matter who wins.

So if all goes well, the Steelers will play a very worn down Ravens/Titans game in the AFC championship and take a dump in their facemasks.

My thoughts as well! :thumbsup:

I think the Birds beat the Titans and we have a shot at a AFCC at home :tt03:.

First things first, we have to beat a fairly hot Bolts team.

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Here's how I see it:

Man, Hapa.

You've been lookin' to do this for WEEKS.

I hope you... get the chance?

:noidea:

Steel_Bus_24
01-04-2009, 03:12 PM
I just want us to come out with a lot of energy and sustain it all the way through to keep the crowd into it.

Watching these teams play with that 'playoff energy", has got me jacked. I just hope we bring the same energy from start to finish. We can't afford any "Warm Up Quarters"

We do that and protect the ball, we'll be tough

joeyssteelcurtain
01-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I dont know about that its the ravens and the steelers i dont think it is going to matter you is tired your beat up

Hapa
01-04-2009, 03:15 PM

Here's how I see it:

So if all goes well, the Steelers will play a very worn down Ravens/Titans game in the AFC championship and take a dump in their facemasks.Man, Hapa.

It's my specialty! Nothing would make me happier than Terrell Sugg's helmet full of Steelers dookie.

The Duke
01-04-2009, 03:20 PM
It's my specialty! Nothing would make me happier than Terrell Sugg's helmet full of Steelers dookie.

Hey, davenport was released by the colts :wink02:

lilyoder6
01-04-2009, 03:23 PM
that would be a nice site.. no doubt the game between the titans and the ravens will be a blood-bath and the winner of that game will have a lot of banged up ppl.. hopefully we can win this sun

stillers4me
01-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey, davenport was released by the colts :wink02:

He signed with Indy.

Since he's not doing anything next weekend, may he'll come back to do the deed.

You know .....a little "moon"lighting.
:moon:

The Duke
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM
He signed with Indy.

Since he's not doing anything next weekend, may he'll come back to do the deed.

You know .....a little "moon"lighting.
:moon:

Yeah, he signed with indy and got released yesterday before their playoff game :flap:

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Be careful what you wish for...

Rivers has been hot, but the Charger defense has picked up its own pace as of late. Even with LT out (realistically) and Gates hindered, you will have to deal with our new surprising weapon...the punt.

During the Indy game, our punter Scifres put ALL SIX punts INSIDE the 20 yard line. The AVERAGE starting point for Indy was the eight yard line! Even an MVP like Manning with his offensive firepower support and OL couldn't work a 90+ yard field 6 times and win.

Granted, I don't think Sci-Fi will repeat this performance, but the bottom line is that Pittsburgh will have to make offensive plays to win this game. The key is the AMOUNT of plays to make. If we consistently put Ben inside the 20, then I will be very happy as a Charger fan.

The Duke
01-04-2009, 03:37 PM

Rivers has been hot, but the Charger defense has picked up its own pace as of late. Even with LT out (realistically) and Gates hindered, you will have to deal with our new surprising weapon...the punt.

During the Indy game, our punter Scifres put ALL SIX punts INSIDE the 20 yard line. The AVERAGE starting point for Indy was the eight yard line! Even an MVP like Manning with his offensive firepower support and OL couldn't work a 90+ yard field 6 times and win.

Granted, I don't think Sci-Fi will repeat this performance, but the bottom line is that Pittsburgh will have to make offensive plays to win this game. The key is the AMOUNT of plays to make. If we consistently put Ben inside the 20, then I will be very happy as a Charger fan.

Oh he will

EVERY punter has a good game against the steelers. Scifres will have an mvp game :banging:

stillers4me
01-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah, he signed with indy and got released yesterday before their playoff game :flap:

YEAH! Then we can sign him this week!! :chuckle:

GoBolts5447
01-04-2009, 03:54 PM

Here's how I see it:

good point about the pass rushing; but remember Indy was supposed to blow our the chargers bc MVP Manning and the chargers 31st ranked pass D and look how that worked out :chuckle: , chargers are the hottest team in the NFL and are a different team than you faced before, watch out!

Hapa
01-04-2009, 03:58 PM

He played in the playoff game he scored a touchdown

The Duke
01-04-2009, 04:00 PM
He played in the playoff game he scored a touchdown

Nope

He played against the titans. He was released yesterday

Hapa
01-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Nope

He played against the titans. He was released yesterday

Yea I know I was kidding lol

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey Boys

good luck. We have our work cut out for us. Our defense is playing very very well. Throw out the regular season stats, Rivera has done wonders. Watching them yesterday was like watching a symphony. This'll be another close game. You guys are probably the best team in the AFC, if not football, but we feel like we have a chance.

We'll be calling on the ghosts of Al Pupunu and Tony Martin to carry us through.

Here's to a good week of debate!!

Todd - San Diego

tony hipchest
01-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Al Pupunu and Tony Martin

:buttkick:

Big D
01-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I think if we play the titans we will win. But I dont think we can beat the ravens three times in a season

SteelCityMan786
01-04-2009, 04:26 PM

Here's how I see it:

The Chargers will still try to challenge the Steelers to.

Gotta take care of business against the Chargers before looking ahead.

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Man, Hapa.

God help us all - don't encourage him!!! :banging:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM

During the Indy game, our punter Scifres put ALL SIX punts INSIDE the 20 yard line. .

so.....the reason we should be scared is because your offense so anemic it is forced to punt alot?

..or that we may be "trapped" behind the 20 against the leagues #25 ranked defense?
:huh:

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 05:33 PM
so.....the reason we should be scared is because your offense so anemic it is forced to punt alot?

..or that we may be "trapped" behind the 20 against the leagues #25 ranked defense?
:huh:

Ahhh... yes. We kept MVP Manning and his hot passing game out of the endzone 8 out of 10 possessions. Actually, it was 10 out of 12, but two of the possessions were at the end of the first half and regulation with no appreciable time to drive the field.

I do admit, though, that Pittsburgh has a more balanced offensive attack which may be able to move the ball more methodically to regain field position, rendering the punting effectiveness less of a factor. So we can go on from there.

X-Terminator
01-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Ahhh... yes. We kept MVP Manning and his hot passing game out of the endzone 8 out of 10 possessions. Actually, it was 10 out of 12, but two of the possessions were at the end of the first half and regulation with no appreciable time to drive the field.

I do admit, though, that Pittsburgh has a more balanced offensive attack which may be able to move the ball more methodically to regain field position, rendering the punting effectiveness less of a factor. So we can go on from there.

Balanced offense? Um, no. If the Steelers lose this game, the offense, or lack thereof, may very well be the reason why. And I'm not just talking about one guy or one group - the unit as a whole. It is their Achilles' heel, and if they had had even an average O this season, they'd have finished at least 14-2. It's the one worry I have going into this game, because I think the D and ST will do their jobs.

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
At least you weren't 31st in the league running to go along with 1st in the league passing, very one-dimensional. 23 rushing and 17 passing is a bit more balance in my opinion, and in conjunction with a good defense, is more problematic to plan for from a coordinator's standpoint.

lilyoder6
01-04-2009, 06:32 PM
how odd.. what 1 yr makes.. our ST was our achilles heal last yr and they are playing lights out this yr... with great def and st.. i can feel some what ok with this on and off again off

BBR7
01-04-2009, 06:50 PM
This is my first time posting. I used to post on the Trib board that got shut down. SO Hello ALL!!!

I am very happy about how the playoffs are turning out. I was pleased to see Indy get knocked out because Peyton Manning always concerns me, and I didn't want to see him coming to Heinz. I think the field has been set perfectly for the Steelers to return to the SB. I hate to admit it, but I will be pulling for the Ravens next week, so we can host the championship game. We shouldn't have any problems with San Diego, as long as we contain Sproles and frustrate Rivers. I am very excited!!!

stillers4me
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
This is my first time posting. I used to post on the Trib board that got shut down. SO Hello ALL!!!

I am very happy about how the playoffs are turning out. I was pleased to see Indy get knocked out because Peyton Manning always concerns me, and I didn't want to see him coming to Heinz. I think the field has been set perfectly for the Steelers to return to the SB. I hate to admit it, but I will be pulling for the Ravens next week, so we can host the championship game. We shouldn't have any problems with San Diego, as long as we contain Sproles and frustrate Rivers. I am very excited!!!

Welcome to SF! :drink:

We can beat either team.........so bring it on! :tt03:

steelpride12
01-04-2009, 06:54 PM
At least you weren't 31st in the league running to go along with 1st in the league passing, very one-dimensional. 23 rushing and 17 passing is a bit more balance in my opinion, and in conjunction with a good defense, is more problematic to plan for from a coordinator's standpoint.

And you think with an injured LT and Sproles your gonna roll and run all over the #1 defense? It will be the same kind of game earlier in the season. Sure your defense will play well, but ours will be better and force Rivers to throw mistakes.

RowHH
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Each of the four remaining AFC teams is quite capable of winning the conference.

SD is a playoff-tested team. They beat Tennessee and Indy last year before losing a very competitive game at New England. They knocked off supposedly the hottest team this weekend.

But ... SD also has been in "must win" mode for a while now. I think it'll catch up with them. The weather forecast is a good omen, too, compared to a certain other Pittsburgh-SD playoff game.

VTsteel
01-04-2009, 07:06 PM
I think if we play the titans we will win. But I dont think we can beat the ravens three times in a season

Statistically teams that have won the first two meetings are 11-7 in their third meeting.

Since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, there have been 18 times when a team went into a playoff game with a chance to complete a three-game season sweep, according to STATS, Inc. Those teams are 11-7.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.19ede6b.html (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/010708dnsponfl3wins.19ede6b.html)

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 07:09 PM
And you think with an injured LT and Sproles your gonna roll and run all over the #1 defense? It will be the same kind of game earlier in the season. Sure your defense will play well, but ours will be better and force Rivers to throw mistakes.

Fair enough. Sproles by himself is not the same as LT. But we have another weapon that was only seen on four plays: Michael Bennet. Picked up for insurance purposes knowing LT was not healthy, he ran four times; three of them for first downs, two of them "crucial". At 5-9, 207 lbs, he should provide the more "conventional" rb force that is needed to have a credible running attack. It should also be noted that Rivers only handed off the ball to him for the first time in practic this past week; with a full week of practice, Bennet should at least provide the balance we need to free up some shots to Gates and even some downfield shots.

Yes, your D is good, and I expect this to be a low scoring affair. But low scoring affairs also mean that the game is in doubt until the final possession, or at least the final half-quarter.

stlrtruck
01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
We've shut down two pronged attacks more than once this year. Although I think Sproles is more of a threat than LT or Bennett, the Steelers defense has a purpose. I'm sure a lot of pundits will be knob hobbin' the chargers after their game last night and many will pick them to win. That, my friends, is what juices up the Steelers defense.

I want to see Rivers turf all day long. And I think he'll be hassled and hurried so much that he'll start dancing like Manning was back in '06.

Ben does enough to win and the DEFENSE puts the nails in the coffin!

Steelers 24
bolts 13

The Duke
01-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I was surprised to see Bennett last night. I thought he was out of the league by now

But what the hell do I know. Maybe he's still got it....

Fan Of STEEL
01-05-2009, 02:32 AM
I would rather have seen the Ravens lose no matter what.

If we beat the Chargers, (and I think we will) I want to play the Titans, not the Ravens. I want another chance for the STEELERS to shit on the Titans for dissing on the towel.

Steelman16
01-05-2009, 02:51 AM
I would rather have seen the Ravens lose no matter what.

If we beat the Chargers, (and I think we will) I want to play the Titans, not the Ravens. I want another chance for the STEELERS to shit on the Titans for dissing on the towel.

I think Tennesee will beat the Ratbirds, but not without taking the bruising that comes along with it.

Either team, though, we can beat. They'll both be battered which might help us.

But, bring on the Chargers first! :tt03: