PDA

View Full Version : Chargers don't scare me.

Pages : [1] 2

Edman
01-04-2009, 03:16 PM
But the Steelers certainly do. They held the Chargers in check all game but it was kept close by poor officiating including a robbed touchdown. San Diego didn't do jack the whole day.

How many games have we lost this year because Ben didn't play well? This game will be won and lost on Ben, and history has not been kind to him coming off of any injury let alone a concussion. I have little faith in him that he can get it done.

The Chargers don't scare me, even though they will be talked up all week. But the Steelers scare me. Especially on Offense.

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Meh. Anything can happen.

The Steelers offense can certainly be... suspect, but if the football gods want to give us hand I would gladly take about 5 inches of snow followed by a freezing rain storm around kick-off.

56SD
01-04-2009, 03:20 PM
well, if it comes down to officiating, at least the game is at Heinz Field, so you guys can light the stadium on fire. Or the refs.

lilyoder6
01-04-2009, 03:22 PM
hopefully there ounter mike had all of his great punts in that game last night and has avg punts when we play them

MaidenIndiana
01-04-2009, 03:38 PM
I hope he just has average punts, last night was unreal. Still I think we'll win the game.

GoBolts5447
01-04-2009, 03:50 PM
I hope he just has average punts, last night was unreal. Still I think we'll win the game.

mike never has "average" punts, dude is the best punter in the league! Chargers are a different team than we were when we first faced you. Think about it, Indy beat us during the regular season and we handled them last night, despite 2 turnovers in the end zone and a *lucky* TD strike when the defense was subbing, the Chargers were clearly the better team. Also, a 1 point win at home and winning on a last minute field goal isnt anything to brag about. Chargers only had their new D coach for 1 game before at that point.

Anyways, here is to a good game :) , but I honestly think the chargers will be too much for big ben worhtlessberger (haha jk had to do it) to handle!

Chargers: 23
Steelers: 13

cheers! :drink:

steelerchad
01-04-2009, 03:57 PM
You were able to score 17 against the Colts in regulation. You scored 10 in our first meeting and shouldn't have got 7 of them. I'm wondering were you're coming up with 23 points against our defense. 20-10 Steelers.

tony hipchest
01-04-2009, 04:02 PM
mike never has "average" punts, dude is the best punter in the league! Chargers are a different team than we were when we first faced you. Think about it, Indy beat us during the regular season and we handled them last night, despite 2 turnovers in the end zone and a *lucky* TD strike when the defense was subbing, the Chargers were clearly the better team. Also, a 1 point win at home and winning on a last minute field goal isnt anything to brag about. Chargers only had their new D coach for 1 game before at that point.

Anyways, here is to a good game :) , but I honestly think the chargers will be too much for big ben worhtlessberger (haha jk had to do it) to handle!

cheers! :drink:you cant call p. manning outsmarting your whole team and burning them for a td, *lucky*. that was just a smart play, and *dumb* on the chargers part to get caught with their pants down.

dont think tomlin didnt take notes.

so how will nt new chargers d-coord help the chargers offense score more than 3 fg's against the stingiest defense the league has seen in years?

you do know teams just dont hang up 23 points on them right?

good showing against the defensively inept broncos and colts. but this is the big leagues now, not some horse and pony show.

i do think sproles is a bigger threat than LT was before he tore his groin. good thing we have the best ST return defense.

Binary Bolt Fan
But the Steelers certainly do. They held the Chargers in check all game but it was kept close by poor officiating including a robbed touchdown. San Diego didn't do jack the whole day.

How many games have we lost this year because Ben didn't play well? This game will be won and lost on Ben, and history has not been kind to him coming off of any injury let alone a concussion. I have little faith in him that he can get it done.

The Chargers don't scare me, even though they will be talked up all week. But the Steelers scare me. Especially on Offense.

Hello Steeler fans...

Yes, I'm new today. I promise to talk football and not be a total troll.

What a game yesterday!!! As a fan, I've never seen a better game in our house. The fans were out of their minds last night. For the first time in, well...... ever, there were no Colt fans to be heard from and the cheering was deafening on nearly every down the Colts had. And quiet during offense.... one of the best efforts by the fans ever. You would of been proud had you been one of us last night.

I expect the same from you this Sunday! Bring it Steeler fans! (it'll make winning sweeter :chuckle: )

The fact was, the Chargers more or less dominated last nights game. Take away two plays; Sproles fumble into the endzone and Wayne's no contest TD pass for 70 yards and the game isn't even close.

The Chargers should scare you - at least a bit. As others have noted, they're playing with house money. They don't belong, and that makes em dangerous. When the two teams faced off earlier, the Chargers were in a tailspin. Confused and lacking identity on offense and playing under Rivera for just the second game.

This is a different team you're getting. We've rediscovered the run, Rivers is confident and our defense, while picking on weak teams would of ranked 10th in total D from the point that Rivera became the coordinator. As bad as Denver was, they had the second ranked offense and got held down. Now pManning was held to 17 with 7 coming on a quick snap gift.

Rivers is in the process of shutting down the hate by Winning when it counts. There is nothing I'd rather see on your forum than "he's a punk". Its hate for a guy who talks - and backs it up with is play. He's a great arch enemy for other fans to rally around, which is pretty cool if you ask me...

VegasStlrFan

Did you actually watch the first game? At no point in the game were the Bolts close to being in control. If the refs wouldn't have kept it close, it would've been a double digit loss.

I'm sure this will be a way different game, and the Bolts will give us their best shot. No chance you move the ball on us like you did on Indy last night.

Good luck though!

redst3
01-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure the Chargers will be able to run the ball at Heinz field. The only way they will stop Ben is through a good pass rush. We shall see.

I smell a Steelers blowout.

I think the Chargers are in over their heads. Just my opinion. They have had a good run, but they are still a Norv Turner coached 8-8 team.

...and a hearty welcome to Chargers fans.

R2sojr
01-04-2009, 04:11 PM

Well from what i seen lastnight, Rivers basically handed the colts the game with his horrible play. Sproles won that game and Rivers basically lost it. Dont think the steelers wont capitalize on that horrible play by Rivers.

GoBolts5447
01-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Did you actually watch the first game? At no point in the game were the Bolts close to being in control. If the refs wouldn't have kept it close, it would've been a double digit loss.

I'm sure this will be a way different game, and the Bolts will give us their best shot. No chance you move the ball on us like you did on Indy last night.

Good luck though!

True you guys did get that last TD, but comeon... that was just from some random desperation play and does not really reflect the skill of the teams. Agreed the Chargers were never in control but the Steelers werent very impressive either, 11-10 was a good indicator of how the two teams played, and like I said the Chargers are playing MUCH better now.

Anyways, itll be a close game for sure and if the Steelers win I will be rooting for them to represent the AFC... not a big fan of the overrated Titans and the Ravens are good but dont really deserve to be in the SB.

So yeah, good luck to you guys too :hatsoff:

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I can't say I'm "askeerd" of the Bolts, but I don't take them or any other team lightly no matter who they are. Any given Sunday . . .

However, I think the Steelers D is just too ominous for the Bolts O and as long as they get in Patty Cake's face early and often, I think it's gonna be a long day for him.

Big D
01-04-2009, 04:13 PM
the good news about next weeks game is norvell turner is coaching the super chargers. Norv is norv. We should make it on to the afc championship

jjpro11
01-04-2009, 04:16 PM
anyone can win in the playoffs.. i just hope we play at our highest level.

GoBolts5447
01-04-2009, 04:16 PM
the good news about next weeks game is norvell turner is coaching the super chargers. Norv is norv. We should make it on to the afc championship

Norvey is 11-3 in the playoffs as a HC or OC

sdchargeher
01-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure the Chargers will be able to run the ball at Heinz field. The only way they will stop Ben is through a good pass rush. We shall see.

I smell a Steelers blowout.

I think the Chargers are in over their heads. Just my opinion. They have had a good run, but they are still a Norv Turner coached 8-8 team.

...and a hearty welcome to Chargers fans.

Lol... last i checked we were 9-8 or 1-0 depending on how u want to look at it and 3-1 with norv in the playoffs. Fact is gates will be healthy and we aren't playing nearly as bad as we were when we met the first game. of course i told colts fans this and they didn't want to hear it but hey its a fact. I look at the game like pittsburgh doesn't have enough offense to score with the Chargers. I don't see Pitt being able to put up more than 17 points this week and the Chargers are likely to put up 20 plus. Big Ben is going to face a whole different pass rush than he saw the first time. We managed to pressure manning last night and our pressure has been nice n solid for a month now. It's not like big ben can't be forced into mistakes. If he is cautious like he was against baltimore then the steelers will be in a deficit before they know it.

tony hipchest
01-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Agreed the Chargers were never in control but the Steelers werent very impressive either, 11-10 was a good indicator of how the two teams played, and like I said the Chargers are playing MUCH better now.

:

im sorry, but you are just flat out wrong-

ben 31/41 308 yds 0td/0int
parker 25/115
ward 11/124

rivers 15/26 164 yds 0td/2int
tomlinson 18/57 1td
tomlinson lead all chargers wr's with 3 rec and 45 yds.

you guys had rivera, and how is he gonna help norv prevent the entire shut-down of the passing game? the colts defense may be fast, but the steelers is faster.

sdchargeher
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM

ya i dont know why norv gets a bad rap. He just may get a ring this year. Another one i mean.

Big D
01-04-2009, 04:20 PM
ya i dont know why norv gets a bad rap. He just may get a ring this year. Another one i mean.

I hardly doubt you were saying that when your chargers were 4-8

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Lol... last i checked we were 9-8 or 1-0 depending on how u want to look at it and 3-1 with norv in the playoffs. Fact is gates will be healthy and we aren't playing nearly as bad as we were when we met the first game. of course i told colts fans this and they didn't want to hear it but hey its a fact. I look at the game like pittsburgh doesn't have enough offense to score with the Chargers. I don't see Pitt being able to put up more than 17 points this week and the Chargers are likely to put up 20 plus. Big Ben is going to face a whole different pass rush than he saw the first time. We managed to pressure manning last night and our pressure has been nice n solid for a month now. It's not like big ben can't be forced into mistakes. If he is cautious like he was against baltimore then the steelers will be in a deficit before they know it.

Really? You honestly think the Bolts O is going to put up 20 points against our #1 D? :laughing::rofl: Mkay. If you say so. I wouldn't bet the farm on it though.

To be quite honest, I'm not all that impressed with the Bolts D, but that's just me. When the Steelers O is firing on all cylinders, they can put up 30 points. Whether it's Ben or Lefty - I have every confidence in this O to get the job done whenever necessary. You guys had a much easier schedule than we did - by a long shot - and we won 12 games. We're going to win our 13th this weekend. :tt03:

Again - good luck. You're gonna need it. :drink:

steelerzfannforever
01-04-2009, 04:22 PM
True you guys did get that last TD, but comeon... that was just from some random desperation play and does not really reflect the skill of the teams. Agreed the Chargers were never in control but the Steelers werent very impressive either, 11-10 was a good indicator of how the two teams played, and like I said the Chargers are playing MUCH better now.

Anyways, itll be a close game for sure and if the Steelers win I will be rooting for them to represent the AFC... not a big fan of the overrated Titans and the Ravens are good but dont really deserve to be in the SB.

So yeah, good luck to you guys too :hatsoff:

I will give you the fact that the Chargers are a different team, but cmon! Do you honestly think that without the 13 penalties called on the Steelers that the game would of been close. Alot of those penalties came on huge plays for the Steelers that kept the Chargers in the game. I respect the Chargers, and Sproles is definately a threat, but I firmly believe that our D will take care of business! I will say the same, that if the Chargers win, I will be rooting for them because I cannot stand Baltimore or Tennessee!

steelcityboyz
01-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey Guys & Gals, Newbie here. :wave:

If Ben has no jitters from that hit & concussion, the Steelers should be able to take care of business.

dez09231
I knew the Chargers fans would come out of the woodwork to talk.

Look, you're 9-8, you're now 1-5 against playoff teams on the year including yesterday. You lose big games, LT is out, and regardless of how much "the steelers didn't impress you" last time around, you're still only in the playoffs as a novelty. Seriously, you're going to lose. The last game was 18-10 with 13 penalties on Pitt.

You're bad. And who the hell said San Diego is putting up 23 on Pitt? It took 5 quarters for you to put up 23 on Indy, lol.

Pitt 20
San Diego 10

And i'll go out on a limb and say you'll be back in here crying about refs.

lamberts-lost-tooth
I have less doubt that our offense cans score against your #25th ranked defense....than I do that your offense can score against out #1 defense.

dez09231
01-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey Guys & Gals, Newbie here. :wave:

If Ben has no jitters from that hit & concussion, the Steelers should be able to take care of business.

Dog we'll beat San Diego with Byron Leftwich.

GoBolts5447
01-04-2009, 04:25 PM
im sorry, but you are just flat out wrong-

ben 31/41 308 yds 0td/0int
parker 25/115
ward 11/124

rivers 15/26 164 yds 0td/2int
tomlinson 18/57 1td
tomlinson lead all chargers wr's with 3 rec and 45 yds.

you guys had rivera, and how is he gonna help norv prevent the entire shut-down of the passing game? the colts defense may be fast, but the steelers is faster.

I am worried about your pass rush and the chargers o-line was not really amazing at pass protection last night. But as far as your Rivera comment, there has been a big difference in every game since he has been DC, how much can you expect with just 2 weeks as the DC? I dont think those little dinks and dunks from big ben will work as well this game just like MVP Manning wasnt able to last night but he was when we first met.

I think the weather will be a huge factor again, we will see, I cant wait!

Edman
01-04-2009, 04:27 PM
The Bolts "Super Offense" barely put up 200 yards on the Steelers Defense last game and Rivers had his worst game of the season.

They were outgained by the Steelers in yardage.

The last game was Steeler domination held close by one sided officiating. One blatantly robbed touchdown and another off an untimely holding call. Meanwhile, San Diego had ONE penalty called on them all day.

X-Terminator
01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
I see it's going to be a long week with all of these Chargers fans coming out of the woodwork.

Listen, I take no team lightly. In the playoffs, any team is capable of beating anyone. But I just do not see the Chargers beating the Steelers at home. I just don't.

I do know one thing - the Steelers themselves will not take the Chargers lightly. Mike Tomlin will not allow it to happen.

Big D
01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
chargers score 10 points with lt. How many points you going to score with a hurt lt

steelerzfannforever
01-04-2009, 04:29 PM

So what your saying is that all of the sudden, our D is just going to lay down and allow the Chargers to put up 20 plus points? You do realize that we only allow 13.9 points a game dont you? I hope you realize also that we may only need 17 points to beat you. Rivers is not exactly lighting up the stats either, and I would be a little concerned about our pass rush if I were you! Again, I will say that I respect the Chargers, but wise up a little and realize that our D isnt ranked #1 in Tiddly Winks, they are #1 in the NFL and for a reason.

Steelers 20
Chargers 6

GoBolts5447
01-04-2009, 04:32 PM
I knew the Chargers fans would come out of the woodwork to talk.

Look, you're 9-8, you're now 1-5 against playoff teams on the year including yesterday. You lose big games, LT is out, and regardless of how much "the steelers didn't impress you" last time around, you're still only in the playoffs as a novelty. Seriously, you're going to lose. The last game was 18-10 with 13 penalties on Pitt.

You're bad. And who the hell said San Diego is putting up 23 on Pitt? It took 5 quarters for you to put up 23 on Indy, lol.

Pitt 20
San Diego 10

oh comeon now. You're just being a d*ck. How can you say the chargers are a BAD team? All the injuries and even a game changing blown call and the Chargers were still in EVERY game they played. I can accept you thinking the Steelers are better, bc they have been better most of the year, but to say the chargers are bad and a novelty is just ignorant fan boy talk.

X-Terminator
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
oh comeon now. You're just being a d*ck. How can you say the chargers are a BAD team? All the injuries and even a game changing blown call and the Chargers were still in EVERY game they played. I can accept you thinking the Steelers are better, bc they have been better most of the year, but to say the chargers are bad and a novelty is just ignorant fan boy talk.

Tell that to one of your fans who actually thinks the Steelers' D is just going to roll over and allow the Chargers to score 20+ points. Talk about a lack of respect and ignorant fan boy talk.

dez09231
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM

going 8-8 in the worst division in football is bad no matter how you slice it. you can try to pretty it up and make excuses, but they went 8-8 and 0-5 against playoff teams in the regular season.

come on now.

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I haven't diagnosed the matchups yet, but I know better than to take a game from earlier in the season and project a w/l from that game.

Aside from a little good-natured chide to SD member sdchargeher, as the Steel City boasts of 5 rings to our nada, my first impression is that field position will play a key role in this game. Our key to victory against the Colts waw, believe it or not, our punting game.

Basically, we put Manning inside the 20 on every one of our punts, four times inside the 10 yard line. If we put Ben inside the 20 a similar amount of times, then he will have to make a lot more plays to beat us.

Your D is tough, and you proved it in mid-season and I assume your unit will tighten up since then. But our offense has been controlling the field a lot more as of late, and in fact the Bolt O vs. the Steeler D is going to be the key factor in this game.

XxKnightxX
01-04-2009, 04:44 PM
The Bolts "Super Offense" barely put up 200 yards on the Steelers Defense last game and Rivers had his worst game of the season.

They were outgained by the Steelers in yardage.

The last game was Steeler domination held close by one sided officiating. One blatantly robbed touchdown and another off an untimely holding call. Meanwhile, San Diego had ONE penalty called on them all day.

Not to mention the countless false starts by McNeil, guy kept taking his foot off the ground like if he was the quaterback on a shotgun formation.

tony hipchest
01-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I dont think those little dinks and dunks from big ben will work as well this game just like MVP Manning wasnt able to last night but he was when we first met.

!

7.5 YPA isnt exactly "dink n dunk" and little passes. neither is 10 YPC when you throw 30 times. dont forget the long ball that was called back.

seriously.... "dink and dunk"???

you better come with something better than that.

if nothing, p. rivers is the checkdown king and stat padder with little dump offs to lt, sproles, and gates.

i have to admit though... nobody throws a ball away to an eligible receivers ankles better than rivers. :thumbsup:

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 04:48 PM
going 8-8 in the worst division in football is bad no matter how you slice it. you can try to pretty it up and make excuses, but they went 8-8 and 0-5 against playoff teams in the regular season.

come on now.

Indy had the same argument against us. Doesn't work, though, as you should know. Remember, you guys wrote the book on riding a hot streak into the playoffs seeded 6th to take the hardware home. Records don't count, but streaks do.

I don't for a minute think that this game will be anything but close, providing the Steeler D shuts down our running game. Frankly, I think if we are to win, then Bennet (our backup RB) will play a key factor. He had some solid runs against the Colts, but then again, they ain't the steel curtain.

tony hipchest
01-04-2009, 04:49 PM
oh comeon now. You're just being a d*ck. How can you say the chargers are a BAD team? All the injuries and even a game changing blown call and the Chargers were still in EVERY game they played. I can accept you thinking the Steelers are better, bc they have been better most of the year, but to say the chargers are bad and a novelty is just ignorant fan boy talk.serious question and i hope for an honest answer. how do you feel about the cardinals?

do you think they are a great team, capable of going on the road and knocking off the SB defending champions?

because the chargers are the afc version of the cardinals.

dez09231
01-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Indy had the same argument against us. Doesn't work, though, as you should know. Remember, you guys wrote the book on riding a hot streak into the playoffs seeded 6th to take the hardware home. Records don't count, but streaks do.

I don't for a minute think that this game will be anything but close, providing the Steeler D shuts down our running game. Frankly, I think if we are to win, then Bennet (our backup RB) will play a key factor. He had some solid runs against the Colts, but then again, they ain't the steel curtain.

I'd probably be saying the same thing if we got into the playoffs by default, too.

You're "streak" was against Denver, Kansas, Oakland and a Tampa team that lost 4 straight. Congratulations on beating on on terrible teams.

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 04:52 PM
While they squeezed into the playoffs and didn't look very scary, they did just beat the Colts.

The same Colts that many thought were the juggernaut team going into the playoffs (including this guy).

I'll give them the props due for such a feat.

dez09231
01-04-2009, 04:55 PM
While they squeezed into the playoffs and didn't look very scary, they did just beat the Colts.

The same Colts that many thought were the juggernaut team going into the playoffs (including this guy).

I'll give them the props due for such a feat.

They beat the Colts because it's the Colts and they match up well against them. Any other team and San Diego fans aren't posting here, but instead already crying about the refs and screaming for Norvs head saying "WAIT UNTIL MERRIMAN COMES BACK!"

Hell, Miami beat them this year.

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 04:55 PM
So what your saying is that all of the sudden, our D is just going to lay down and allow the Chargers to put up 20 plus points? You do realize that we only allow 13.9 points a game dont you? I hope you realize also that we may only need 17 points to beat you. Rivers is not exactly lighting up the stats either, and I would be a little concerned about our pass rush if I were you! Again, I will say that I respect the Chargers, but wise up a little and realize that our D isnt ranked #1 in Tiddly Winks, they are #1 in the NFL and for a reason.

Steelers 20
Chargers 6

Did you say "Rivers is not exactly lighting up the stats either"?

Player of the month for december. 5 wins in a row...1,400 yards, 11 td's and 2 ints last 5 games. What stats are you referring to? rushing yards???

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I'd probably be saying the same thing if we got into the playoffs by default, too.

You're "streak" was against Denver, Kansas, Oakland and a Tampa team that lost 4 straight. Congratulations on beating on on terrible teams.

Sorry...didn't the Colts beat you? At your place??

dez09231
01-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Sorry...didn't the Colts beat you? At your place??

Don't even try to compare losses. We have 4 losses, all to playoff teams. You have 8 losses, one of them to us. Sshhhhhhh.

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 04:58 PM
serious question and i hope for an honest answer. how do you feel about the cardinals?

do you think they are a great team, capable of going on the road and knocking off the SB defending champions?

From what I saw against the Falcons, I wasn't impressed. They played with too many mistakes, and were fortunately playing a team who had even less experience with them.

If Edgerrin (sp?) James can step it up, then they may have a game, but I don't see them having a chance next week.

But beware in thinking that the Chargers are like the Cardinals. I will be the FIRST to admit that we lucked into the playoffs after starting with a 4-8 record. But let's put this in perspective: we lost 8 games by a cumulative 34 points! In several of the games we lost on the last drive of the game. So basically, we were four place from being 12-4. We did have our share of luck, though. Both our KC games were extremely irritating, as the first time we had to stop a 2 point conversion to preserve the victory, and the second time we scored 2 TD's in the last minute and a half including an onside kick.

But in any case, would you rather play the Cards or the Bolts? I don't think that's a fair comparison, but when the general consensus, as well as the results, is that the Bolts have played like they were supposed to play from the beginning.

X-Terminator
01-04-2009, 04:59 PM

Player of the month for december. 5 wins in a row...1,400 yards, 11 td's and 2 ints last 5 games. What stats are you referring to? rushing yards???

Again, the guy he responded to said that the Chargers will - not COULD, but WILL - put up 20+ points against the Steelers' D, in Pittsburgh. I still say that's a big time lack of respect. So what did you expect in response?

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 04:59 PM

that;s right dude, throw alot of numbers our way and act like you know what the hell you're talking about? anyone can be a statistician and come off smart. but my question to YOU is this, if the Chargers are soooo great...how come they're 8-8!? the worst possible record in one of the worst divisions on the league...how could this team be 8-8 and still be the best team in the world!?

dez09231
01-04-2009, 05:00 PM
that;s right dude, throw alot of numbers our way and act like you know what the hell you're talking about? anyone can be a statistician and come off smart. but my question to YOU is this, if the Chargers are soooo great...how come they're 8-8!? the worst possible record in one of the worst divisions on the league...how could this team be 8-8 and still be the best team in the world!?

because the refs hate them and blah blah blah

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 05:02 PM

Hey, hey, hey - be nice. The Chargers' fans have been nothing but respectful so show them a little respect too, k?

dez09231
01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm calling a spade a spade, they're already crying about the refs and the game hasn't even been played yet. lol.

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey, hey, hey - be nice. The Chargers' fans have been nothing but respectful so show them a little respect too, k?

Also, I'm not entirely interested in an exchange of regular season references.

If we know anything, the playoffs change everything.

The Chargers are 1-0 and have an entirely new offensive strategy with Sproles at HB.

I know the Steelers will be watching film from yesterday... Not week 2 or 4.

I'm looking at the Chargers as the team we saw yesterday... A pretty good one.

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm calling a spade a spade, they're already crying about the refs and the game hasn't even been played yet. lol.

How 'bout we take the high road here and not fuel the fire - whaddya say?

Crush - excellent post. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
01-04-2009, 05:08 PM

Player of the month for december. 5 wins in a row...1,400 yards, 11 td's and 2 ints last 5 games. What stats are you referring to? rushing yards???heres the thing though...

rivers, romo, cassell were all "lighting up the stats" when we faced them and we snuffed them out.

i dont care what kind of stats ANYBODY offensively put up in the regular season. you simply just dont light it up against the steelers defense.

seriously, lebeau was preventing joe montana from lighting up stats in the superbowl, and that was with a worse defense against a better offense.

philip rivers isnt scary. you should be thinking a lebeau led steeler defense is scary. give respect where respect is due.

Steel_Bus_24
01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
I give the chargers credit for not giving up and fighting hard to get where they are. I respect that big time

The playoffs are a different animal and anything can happen. I just hope we put our best effort forth and play physical.

However, Charger fans better be careful drawing too much confidence from our 1st meeting

13 to 1 in penalties is just flat out BullS***!..Period!!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
17-13 steelers..........low-scoring but Steelers D will have a good day. Rivers will have another piss poor performance and Rivers will be taunting Ben at the end of the game and making himself look like an idiot when he's the one that just lost the game.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:12 PM
here's what I came up with. I know the Chargers are a west coast team but there is a prediction of 21 degrees with light snow on Sunday. The Steelers in past years I would have said that was a HUGE advantage Steelers, but maybe not this year and not especially not this game. Ben is coming off a concussion and the Chargers' defense is surging. The Steelers, as of late, have won and lost on the right arm of Ben. This will be a defensive game that both QB's will struggle in, and will probably come down to which QB makes the least mistakes, and I just don't see Ben winning in a "mistake free" contest against Rivers. It should be a football purest type of game though.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Lets look at the Chargers schedule this year.......It was a bit easy don't you think?

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Don't even try to compare losses. We have 4 losses, all to playoff teams. You have 8 losses, one of them to us. Sshhhhhhh.

When you won your Super Bowl a few years ago as the 6 seed, you lost to playoff teams Indy, Jax, and New England, while beating Chicago, so you went 1-3 against playoff teams then. But as you should well know, it's not how you start the season, nor even end the season; it's how well you are playing once you start the playoffs. You ended that season with four straight wins, same as us. And that is what will be at stake.

I am not one for comparing w/l except for determining who is in the playoffs. And I do compare the '05 Steelers with the '08 Bolts in that manner. HOW we got here is one thing, but WHAT we do now that we are here is quite another.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 05:15 PM
the Chargers scare me about as much as licking a 9-volt battery! haha!

the game'll be tough. but i just don't see the Chargers beating us. aside from that, whoever wins with the Ravens and Titans, we'll take them too. i have faith.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:17 PM
anything can happen.....including an 8-8 team winning the superbowl. :D

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM

Bro...reading comprehension please.

The guy said Rivers was not lighting up the stats, which is obviously false. If some guy tried to claim the Steelers still played in Three Rivers Stadium you'd correct him.

Calm down, there's still a week to go.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
anything can happen.....including an 8-8 team winning the superbowl. :D

The Chargers are too soft.....They don't have that killer on Defense. Sproles is their killer on O.

tony hipchest
01-04-2009, 05:19 PM
But in any case, would you rather play the Cards or the Bolts? I don't think that's a fair comparison, but when the general consensus, as well as the results, is that the Bolts have played like they were supposed to play from the beginning.honestly, i kinda think its a toss up. cardinals may have a slight edge because of their coaches familiarity with our team, but they are absolutely horrible playing outdoors on the east coast. throw in the weather and i think we easilly win.

with the chargers, we have already handled them and are battle tested against much stronger teams. i am eager to see a game with balanced refs calls.

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
honestly, i kinda think its a toss up. cardinals may have a slight edge because of their coaches familiarity with our team, but they are absolutely horrible playing outdoors on the east coast. throw in the weather and i think we easilly win.

with the chargers, we have already handled them and are battle tested against much stronger teams. i am eager to see a game with balanced refs calls.

Then we'll have nothing to talk about! :tomato:

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
honestly, i kinda think its a toss up. cardinals may have a slight edge because of their coaches familiarity with our team, but they are absolutely horrible playing outdoors on the east coast. throw in the weather and i think we easilly win.

Yea seriously right. 13-1 is absurd.

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
7.5 YPA isnt exactly "dink n dunk" and little passes. neither is 10 YPC when you throw 30 times. dont forget the long ball that was called back.

seriously.... "dink and dunk"???

you better come with something better than that.

if nothing, p. rivers is the checkdown king and stat padder with little dump offs to lt, sproles, and gates.

i have to admit though... nobody throws a ball away to an eligible receivers ankles better than rivers. :thumbsup:

I think you're very confused. You've seen the Chargers play??? We're the ones with the Lightning Bolt, yes? Maybe you're thinking of another team, cause this post is obviously a mistake. You think he got 4,000 yards and 34 td's checking down? Is your qb even conscious???

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
The Chargers are too soft.....They don't have that killer on Defense. Sproles is their killer on O.

The killer on defense is Shaun Phillips. He has been EVERYWHERE the past few games. Although I agree though that the killer on our defense was Merrimonster, and his loss really hurt us (god I want revenge on the Titans for their 2 cheap shots on Merriman that hurt his knee) but with Rivera's defensive scheme, the pass rush has improved. The goal is to blitz a fresh player and keep the OLB's well rested. Coop has also played really well in the middle lately.

And the killer on our O is Rivers. Norv played Sproles about as well as you could play a certain player last night. He's not a #1 RB by ANY means but Norv had a terrific gameplan and it was carried out almost to perfection by Rivers, minus a couple throws. With a season that Rivers has had I expect him to step up in the playoffs.

AFC West Champs
serious question and i hope for an honest answer. how do you feel about the cardinals?

This is a pretty good forum. Most of the guys here are pretty cool. But you are either high, or 12 years old. Which one is it???

TD_Sandy_Eggo
Is your qb even conscious???

Not bueno....stick to the fact. You are right about Rivers' stats, though.

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
This is a pretty good forum. Most of the guys here are pretty cool. But you are either high, or 12 years old. Which one is it???

Hey AFC - not cool. C'mon - you're in enemy territory - please show a little more respect, k? Thanks!

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
I think you're very confused. You've seen the Chargers play??? We're the ones with the Lightning Bolt, yes? Maybe you're thinking of another team, cause this post is obviously a mistake. You think he got 4,000 yards and 34 td's checking down? Is your qb even conscious???

I think the fact that Rivers leads the league in yards per completion is going right under the radar with a lot of people.

Oh wait, that's because sproles takes it to the house EVERY PLAY huh? Decision making has nothing to do with it I guess :chuckle:

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Not bueno....stick to the fact. You are right about Rivers' stats, though.

Sorry...below the belt. I actually like Ben and the Steelers. I let a 12 year old drag me down

tv

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Hey AFC - not cool. C'mon - you're in enemy territory - please show a little more respect, k? Thanks!

there's "these" with every fanbase, I guess. I'm sure you've gotten some of those "Randy Moss is the best WR in history" threads from Pats fans. right?

sunbiz1
Easy there Bolts fan, The Steelers coaching staff will not be as easily fooled by Norv's gimmicks on offense. As I have already posted on chargers.com, the Bolts fairy-tale season ends on the road. Sproles is not the answer for our running game and if Norv is smart, he will have LT throw a couple of passes.

HometownGal
I think the fact that Rivers leads the league in yards per completion is going right under the radar with a lot of people.

Oh wait, that's because sproles takes it to the house EVERY PLAY huh? Decision making has nothing to do with it I guess :chuckle:

Stats schmats. They mean absolutely NOTHING.

I think you are totally underestimating our D. I'm sure Patty Cake remembers James Harrison very, very well.

AFC West Champs

Hey...I was complimentary towards the rest of you. I have tons of respect for the Steelers organization, who wouldn't be.

tv

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 05:30 PM
there's "these" with every fanbase, I guess. I'm sure you've gotten some of those "Randy Moss is the best WR in history" threads from Pats fans. right?

Oh yes- far too many for my liking.

Seriously though - you Bolts fans are pretty cool and we'd really like to engage in some good football discussion this week leading up to the game. I'm just asking that everyone, including Steelers fans, show respect.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:30 PM

I think you are totally underestimating our D. I'm sure Patty Cake remembers James Harrison very, very well.

I might be, but the image of Troy reaching out and snagging the int just mm from the ground is imbedded into Rivers' head. Somehow I don't see the Chargers looking passed your d. :wink02:

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I might be, but the image of Troy reaching out and snagging the int just mm from the ground is imbedded into Rivers' head. Somehow I don't see the Chargers looking passed your d. :wink02:

:hatsoff::drink:

The Bolts are coming off a pretty emo win. You guys had better hope they aren't coming into our house with muscle heads.

fansince'76
01-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Geez - I step away for a couple hours and 50 Chargers fans join up. :chuckle:

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Harrison scares the crap out of me. I don't underestimate your defense at all. Plus, both of our tackles are struggling now, Clary especially. But Rivers is unbelieveable under pressure, so as long as he doesn't get killed, we have a chance

BehindSteelCurtain
The killer on defense is Shaun Phillips. He has been EVERYWHERE the past few games. Although I agree though that the killer on our defense was Merrimonster, and his loss really hurt us (god I want revenge on the Titans for their 2 cheap shots on Merriman that hurt his knee) but with Rivera's defensive scheme, the pass rush has improved. The goal is to blitz a fresh player and keep the OLB's well rested. Coop has also played really well in the middle lately.

And the killer on our O is Rivers. Norv played Sproles about as well as you could play a certain player last night. He's not a #1 RB by ANY means but Norv had a terrific gameplan and it was carried out almost to perfection by Rivers, minus a couple throws. With a season that Rivers has had I expect him to step up in the playoffs.

Sproles screens led to 1/4 of Rivers pass yards. Sproles is your monster on O. Sproles won't be doing anything special on the Steelers though.

tony hipchest
Sorry...below the belt. I actually like Ben and the Steelers. I let a 12 year old drag me down

tvthen get the f--- out of here then. not my problem you dont comprende satire. it was a boltfan calling bens 31/41 308 yd game against your sleeping defense a "dink and dunk" showing. take it up with them.

and yeah, i think the cardinals would give you about as good of a game as the other 8 teams who beat you this season did.

so sue me. it not like the chargers were facing the class of the league the entire season.

43Hitman

You're right, they won't be looking past our defense cause this is as far as the Chargers go. It was an impressive run by you guys, but the glory ride ends next Sunday in Heinz field.:wave:

Dojo Chargerfan
Oh yes- far too many for my liking.

Seriously though - you Bolts fans are pretty cool and we'd really like to engage in some good football discussion this week leading up to the game. I'm just asking that everyone, including Steelers fans, show respect.

true. I enjoy football discussion. I do also respect passion. I just don't like to see things that could eventually make someone put their foot in their mouth. Us smack talkers have to step it up in the playoffs though. But nothing will be anything personal thrown out by me. But here's to a good week on this forum :drink:

Big D
01-04-2009, 05:33 PM
All these dolt fans coming in here and jabbering their non sense has me thinking big picture. What the hell have the chargers done in their franchise history besides drafting ryan leif. Somebody get me a picture of our 5 lombardis please

ts888
01-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm sure glad that Tomlin and the Steelers won't be as overconfident as some of the fans in here. Chargers are a good team, are playing well, and are a definite challenge. I mean, damn, it's the 2nd round of the playoffs....all the teams are good.

the whole 8-8 thing means zilch at this point. You'd think that Steeler fans of all people would know that just because you come in as a low seed doesn't mean you can't do serious damage.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey...I was complimentary towards the rest of you. I have tons of respect for the Steelers organization, who wouldn't be.

tv

that's funny. i JUST said the same thing about the Chargers organization and how respectful the fans are. i meant what i said...about the Chargers and the fans. just not fans who act like YOU! you come in here...why? all you want to do is start sh*t and p*ss people off. most of the time, you don't even know what you're talking about and the other part of the time you're acting like a moron. 8 posts and i think you should get kicked out for you being you.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Sproles screens led to 1/4 of Rivers pass yards. Sproles is your monster on O. Sproles won't be doing anything special on the Steelers though.

maybe so ON OFFENSE. I think Sproles steps up big on special teams though. Chambers needs to step it up though. He's our best weapon against the pass rush because he can get open and get open FAST. I just don't see any RB dominating the Steelers the way they dominate against the Colts.

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 05:36 PM
true. I enjoy football discussion. I do also respect passion. I just don't like to see things that could eventually make someone put their foot in their mouth. Us smack talkers have to step it up in the playoffs though. But nothing will be anything personal thrown out by me. But here's to a good week on this forum :drink:

We have a forum just for talking smack, if you want to really put it on the line. Just look for the forum marked Blast Furnace and all the Steeler fans waiting with wooden paddles with our logo on it.:chuckle:

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm sure glad that Tomlin and the Steelers won't be as overconfident as some of the fans in here. Chargers are a good team, are playing well, and are a definite challenge. I mean, damn, it's the 2nd round of the playoffs....all the teams are good.

the whole 8-8 thing means zilch at this point. You'd think that Steeler fans of all people would know that just because you come in as a low seed doesn't mean you can't do serious damage.

Tomlin and the Steelers are NEVER over confident...except when some smug d*ck guarantees a win -- you all know who i'm talking about -- and we don't deliver. we always give our opposing team the recognition they deserve and we play them like we'd play anyone else. that is what i LOVE about our team. =)

right, 8-8 doesn't matter...but it matters when that 8-8 squad is going against us. =)

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:38 PM
All these dolt fans coming in here and jabbering their non sense has me thinking big picture. What the hell have the chargers done in their franchise history besides drafting ryan leif. Somebody get me a picture of our 5 lombardis please

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm oh yeah. Didn't we beat you guys in your house for the AFCCG?

Here's the reenactment from the stands

:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:
"pass swatted away and Chargers get the ball back"
:mad::mad::mad:

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:40 PM
We have a forum just for talking smack, if you want to really put it on the line. Just look for the forum marked Blast Furnace and all the Steeler fans waiting with wooden paddles with our logo on it.:chuckle:

I'll go back and forth. I really do think that true smack talk is pointless over the internet though. I'm a long time Charger fan and I just know they'll end up breaking my heart in the end. It's the ride that is fun. I do it all in fun, but my smack is PG. :hug:

43Hitman

Are you seriously referencing a game from 1994? really? reach much?:doh:

X-Terminator
maybe so ON OFFENSE. I think Sproles steps up big on special teams though. Chambers needs to step it up though. He's our best weapon against the pass rush because he can get open and get open FAST. I just don't see any RB dominating the Steelers the way they dominate against the Colts.

The Steelers have one of the top kick coverage units in the league - 1st on kickoffs and 3rd on punts. They also did a good job of containing Sproles in the first matchup. Don't just assume he's going to have a big day, because you could be in for a very rude awakening.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 05:41 PM

oh yeah...i remember that. i also remember you losers getting spanked in the Super Bowl too. -- go home.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:42 PM

:frown:

sorry, it's about all I have.

Texasteel
01-04-2009, 05:43 PM

Was that the year you won the SB?

Dojo Chargerfan
oh yeah...i remember that. i also remember you losers getting spanked in the Super Bowl too. -- go home.

Yeah, so what? I still have the AFC Champions shirt!!!! Great day in San Diego.

stillers4me
:frown:

sorry, it's about all I have.

I know it sounds weird, but I find you guys kind of.........cute. :toofunny:

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 05:44 PM

HAHA! no kidding. i'm waiting for one of these dorks to say, HEY...remember when Chuck Muncie runs for 126 yards on 25 carries, his third straight 100-yard performance, and Dan Fouts throws for 333 yards as Chargers win opening-round playoff game in Pittsburgh, 31-28. back on Jan. 9 1983!?

:flap:

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Was that the year you won the SB?

no silly. we got our asses handed to us. You're so silly.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah, so what? I still have the AFC Champions shirt!!!! Great day in San Diego.

oh man...you are SO cool for having a shirt from the mid 90's. whew...e-mail me ALL about it later.

stupid...

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Harrison scares the crap out of me. I don't underestimate your defense at all. Plus, both of our tackles are struggling now, Clary especially. But Rivers is unbelieveable under pressure, so as long as he doesn't get killed, we have a chance

Admittedly, he does get rid of the ball when he feels pressure - I watched him throw the ball into the ground several times yesterday when he was flushed out of the pocket. However, our D is going to bring it and bring it often and I firmly believe they are going to get into that oversized melon of his very early in the game.

Texasteel
01-04-2009, 05:46 PM

Sorry to bring up painful memories.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:47 PM
HAHA! no kidding. i'm waiting for one of these dorks to say, HEY...remember when Chuck Muncie runs for 126 yards on 25 carries, his third straight 100-yard performance, and Dan Fouts throws for 333 yards as Chargers win opening-round playoff game in Pittsburgh, 31-28. back on Jan. 9 1983!?

:flap:

this is the AFCWest way!!! If the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos can come in and polish their trophies why can't we whip out what we've got. Sadly, it's not much.

oh wait. sounds wrong.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 05:47 PM
No offense to the Charger faithful out there but that was the Colts Defense. It's a big difference from the Colts defense to one of the best defenses in years maybe since the Steel Curtain or the 85 bears.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Sorry to bring up painful memories.

he needed to feel that pain. give him a heads up for what's going to happen next weekend. =)

Big D
01-04-2009, 05:48 PM

just because i'm a numbers nerd I thought I would put you back in your place. Your super chargers are 6-20 all time against our steelers. So ummmm. now what?

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Nah your silly for opening that can of worms..what did you expect when you referenced 1994? :coffee:

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 05:50 PM
If Steelers-Chargers fans are having a hard time gettting a long, lets start talking about the Patriots and I bet we become friends pretty quickly.

Big D
01-04-2009, 05:52 PM
If Steelers-Chargers fans are having a hard time gettting a long, lets start talking about the Patriots and I bet we become friends pretty quickly.

i'll give you the chargers vs pats head to head record... 14-18-2... once again no winning record

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Admittedly, he does get rid of the ball when he feels pressure - I watched him throw the ball into the ground several times yesterday when he was flushed out of the pocket. However, our D is going to bring it and bring it often and I firmly believe they are going to get into that oversized melon of his very early in the game.

Keep in mind...we have a LOT of weapons on offense. We've had success against teams that like to bring pressure cause they've had trouble covering what's left to cover.

I would still take the under in this game. 17 points may win it. I think the final four teams in the AFC are damn good. The Ravens looked very good today.

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 05:53 PM

We are getting along just fine. Don't ruin the fun. I really want to see this guy maneuver out of the AFCCG comment.

Big D
01-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Keep in mind...we have a LOT of weapons on offense. We've had success against teams that like to bring pressure cause they've had trouble covering what's left to cover.

I would still take the under in this game. 17 points may win it. I think the final four teams in the AFC are damn good. The Ravens looked very good today.

so you think you are going to score more points without lt?

Big D
01-04-2009, 05:55 PM
We are getting along just fine. Don't ruin the fun. I really want to see this guy maneuver out of the AFCCG comment.

or how is he going to rebuff the overall head to head standings... Once again 6-20 against us all time...

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:55 PM

************************************************** ************************************

I hate those classless cheaters!!!!

:hug:

fansince'76
01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
************************************************** ************************************

Same here - been a nice postseason without them! :drink:

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 05:57 PM

yes. we can atleast agree on that. =)

sunbiz1
There were a few busted screen plays the Colts sniffed out. I questioned those plays b/c there was no outlet receiver and Rivers threw the ball away while there was still time. Although I don't think the Bolts will win this game, I do think they will be in a position to win this game fairly late due to Ron Rivera's DC coaching abilities in SD.

Wow, I never expected the Minnesota Viqueens to hang with Philly today.

HometownGal

As do we. Our running attack was rejuvenated last week (yes - it WAS the Browns - but I'm just sayin' ) and both Ben and Lefty can throw a deep ball as well as Rivers or anyone else in the league. Hines is - well everyone knows how dynamic he is and you can never discount Santo or Nate making the BIG play. Heath Miller has really come on strong the last several games, as well.

Dojo Chargerfan

I'm not maneuvering out of the AFCCG comment, you're maneuvering out of it by mentioning the SB

Thank you
:hatsoff:

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
or how is he going to rebuff the overall head to head standings... Once again 6-20 against us all time... F you san diego

:thumbsup::tt02::toofunny:

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm not maneuvering out of the AFCCG comment, you're maneuvering out of it by mentioning the SB

Thank you
:hatsoff:

I'm sorry did I say SB in any of my comments? Please quote me. Thanks. :noidea:

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Same here - been a nice postseason without them! :drink:

may the infection set in DEEEEEEP in Brady's knee!!

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:00 PM
:thumbsup::tt02::toofunny:

When was the last time we played a truly meaningful game? hmmmmmm 1995 maybe? How did that one work out for you?

oh yeah,

:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

Swatted down

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

stillers4me
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM

Now you're talkin'.

Welcome To Steelers Fever, bro. :wink02:

SteelCityKing

haha! not just his knee...his whole body!

they franchise Cassell...they should disinfect Brady! haha!

Big D
When was the last time we played a truly meaningful game? hmmmmmm 1995 maybe? How did that one work out for you?

oh yeah,

Swatted down

it's the nfl junior. Every game is meaningful

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:02 PM
it's the nfl junior. Every game is meaningful

why does that guy keep bringing up 1995!? living in the past if you ask me! haha!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Is it me...or are the Charger Trolls pretty mouthy for a team who's pass defense is ranked 4 slots behind Detroit?:chuckle:

Big D
01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
why does that guy keep bringing up 1995!? living in the past if you ask me! haha!

he kinda reminds me of uncle rico. Next thing you know he's going to buy a time machine and go 88 mph...

stillers4me

I hear bye nominate Bernard Pollard for League MVP.

Big D
after next weekend these dolt fans will be like a fart in the wind

43Hitman

oh yeah,

Swatted down

So let me get this right. The last time YOUR team played a meaningful game was 1995. Okay, just wanted to make sure I had that right. :coffee:

SteelCityKing
He cant bear to bring up whats going on with our two teams THIS year, because he knows the steelers are better. :thumbsup:

THANK YOU!!!

i rest my case. someone tell this kid to go back home to Whale's Vagina, California and stay out of our forums.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I hear bye nominate Bernard Pollard for League MVP.

this post is Charger approved.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:06 PM
So let me get this right. The last time YOUR team played a meaningful game was 1995. Okay, just wanted to make sure I had that right. :coffee:

HAHA! well said brother...well said.

when's the last time WE played a meaningful game!? ummm...i don't know...the whole entire 2008 season!? sounds about right to me.

:drink:

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:06 PM
THANK YOU!!!

i rest my case. someone tell this kid to go back home to Whale's Vagina, California and stay out of our forums.

better whales vagina then no vagina at all. :flap:

lol

But seriously, we're 8-8! One of the worst playoff teams in NFL history and beat the Colts pretty convincingly. How do you truly know how good this team is? Looks to me like they're hitting their stride right about now. On paper, it's no contest, but we're fighters.

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 06:07 PM
he kinda reminds me of uncle rico. Next thing you know he's going to buy a time machine and go 88 mph...

I wonder if he has Dolerean?

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:07 PM

you're officially on my list buddy :mad:

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 06:08 PM

lol

But seriously, we're 8-8! One of the worst playoff teams in NFL history and beat the Colts pretty convincingly. How do you truly know how good this team is? Looks to me like they're hitting their stride right about now. On paper, it's no contest, but we're fighters.

I would think going into overtime is NOT convincingly, but that's just me.

lamberts-lost-tooth

How did that work for you? (Got beat 49-26 in the Superbowl?)

If you want to see a Lombardi...come on over to Pittsburgh...you can see what a trophy case looks like that has.....well.....trophys.

Big D

roads.... where we are going we dont need roads.....

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:09 PM

Actually, I have 2 cars that might peak your interest, but this is a football forum, not a car forum.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:09 PM

lol

i know what a truly good team is by being part of a truly good team since birth you ponce!!! a truly good team is FIVE SUPER BOWLS and divisional winners WITH a winning record. the top ranked D AND were sitting back waiting for you to come in and take a sh*t on YOUR chances of making it any further into the playoffs.

get bent you retard.

Big D
01-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Actually, I have 2 cars that might peak your interest, but this is a football forum, not a car forum.

congrats on your geo metro and ford maverick. :tt:

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 06:10 PM
you're officially on my list buddy :mad:

What list??? The"avoid that guy cause he tells it like is" list....:laughing:

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
roads.... where we are going we dont need roads.....

Bro, I have some left over food and some beer cans we can donate to him.

Dojo Chargerfan
i know what a truly good team is by being part of a truly good team since birth you ponce!!! a truly good team is FIVE SUPER BOWLS and divisional winners WITH a winning record. the top ranked D AND were sitting back waiting for you to come in and take a sh*t on YOUR chances of making it any further into the playoffs.

get bent you retard.

swatted down

part 2!!!

Crushzilla

We have a car thread in the locker room; I think.

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Is it me...or are the Charger Trolls pretty mouthy for a team who's pass defense is ranked 4 slots behind Detroit?:chuckle:

They don't seem to be "trolls", LLT. So far, pretty respectful group of Botls fans. :thumbsup:

stillers4me
01-04-2009, 06:13 PM
They don't seem to be "trolls", LLT. So far, pretty respectful group of Botls fans. :thumbsup:

Yep....they can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. :drink:

Crushzilla

There's just a lot of jostling because our guys had to go a whole week without anyone to smack talk :sofunny:

SteelCityKing
Originally Posted by Dojo Chargerfan
better whales vagina then no vagina at all.

so, you mean to tell me that you would rather have sex with a whale than be celibate!? your an oddball of epic proportions! ha!

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I am having a good time. They're cool so far.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:14 PM
There's just a lot of jostling because our guys had to go a whole week without anyone to smack talk :sofunny:

you speak the truth. a little too antzy! haha!

Texasteel
01-04-2009, 06:15 PM

Actually, I'm enjoying this guy.

Big D
01-04-2009, 06:15 PM

so, you mean to tell me that you would rather have sex with a whale than be celibate!? your an oddball of epic proportions! ha!

hey man, dont knock it until you try it

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:16 PM

fun until your friends find out.

YOU know what I'm talking about :wink02:

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 06:16 PM

FREAK!!!:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Big D
01-04-2009, 06:17 PM
fun until your friends find out.

YOU know what I'm talking about :wink02:

just like a moped

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Poop+Superglue+Phillip Rivers head inside his helmet= Priceless

God. Don't let Hapa see this...

GodofGridiron
01-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Everybody in here knows the only reason the Chargers even made the playoffs......It (the reason) sits atop the continents most impressive mountain chain aka The Rocky Mountains.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Everybody in here knows the only reason the Chargers even made the playoffs......It (the reason) sits atop the continents most impressive mountain chain aka The Rocky Mountains.

you're right

Cutler=Jeff George

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:21 PM

i HAVE tried it. i hooked up with AFC West Champs mom! HAHA!

god, i'm a jerk. i'm totally kidding. even i feel bad about that one! haha!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 06:21 PM

I meant "troll" in the most kind and respectful of ways...:angel:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Cutler=Jeff George

Phillip Rivers= Curious George

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I meant "troll" in the most kind and respectful of ways...:angel:

oh, i find that saying "troll" to be very respectful. but once you start adding "cave" or "bridge" troll...THEN you cross the line.

speaking of trolls, i feel bad Tony Dungy got outsed from the playoffs by a bunch of derelicts like the Changers! haha!

Dojo Chargerfan
i HAVE tried it. i hooked up with AFC West Champs mom! HAHA!

god, i'm a jerk. i'm totally kidding. even i feel bad about that one! haha!

not as bad as his mom.

zing.

:D

lilyoder6
the chargers are hot right now.. but i would have to think that they will have to cool off.. w/o LT they don't have the go to guy.. sproles did win the game but he also had the fumble by the endzone..

SteelCityKing
Phillip Rivers= Curious George

Philip Rivers = Philip Seymour Hoffman -- as Truman Capote! =)

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:25 PM
not as bad as his mom.

zing.

:D

ZING!? who says that anymore!? haha!

kidding...we should work on bringing that one back! ha!

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:26 PM
ZING!? who says that anymore!? haha!

kidding...we should work on bringing that one back! ha!

that, and booya!!!!

I loved booya!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 06:27 PM
And we all know what happens when Curious George gets curious :wink:

Uh.....does this involve poop also?

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:30 PM
that, and booya!!!!

I loved booya!

haha! good one.

i'm not sure how you kiddos on the west coast thought of this one, but i used "rad" and "mint" for the longest time. i think i want to bring that one back too.

but i'll always say "yinz!" ha!

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:35 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/avlove26/cap0047.jpg

ahhhhh memories......

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:38 PM
HAHA! how long did it take for you to find that little gem!? haha!

stillers4me
01-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I hate to tell ya, Dojo. There's a new sheriff in town.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/mr-t-back1.jpg

Edman
01-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Yep. Memories. That's all you have. And Neil O'Donnell isn't playing this time, and Bill Cowher is not the coach. I also distinctly remember the Chargers getting crushed in the Super Bowl as well.

Haven't amount to **** since.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2009, 06:40 PM
I remember that game, Neil missed key 3rd and 4th down passes on the final drive for us to go out.

Funny...Neil isn't playing this year.

Here We Go

Steelers

Here We Go

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Whoa, did i just say that? I hope it doesnt involve poop.

I lived in Panama for awhile...I KNOW about monkeys and poop. I have an inate fear that when we beat the Bolts...Rivers is going to be a poop-slinging machine.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:42 PM
HAHA! how long did it take for you to find that little gem!? haha!

I've carried a hard copy in my back pocket.....just in case. Never know, ya know?

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Who's Rivers' back-up? Just curious...cause we are going to RIP OUT HIS EFFING SPINE AND SLAM IT DOWN NORV'S THROAT!

So I was just wondering who his back up was?

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Who's Rivers' back-up? Just curious...cause we are going to RIP OUT HIS EFFING SPINE AND SLAM IT DOWN NORV'S THROAT!

So I was just wondering who his back up was?
So the Westies are coming out?

Billy Volek

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
So the Westies are coming out?

Billy Volek

who the crap is BIlly Volek!? OH YES...the mongoloid from the Shitetans! i hope he can take a beating after Philip "Cry Me A" Rivers gets his. =)

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 06:55 PM
who the crap is BIlly Volek!? OH YES...the mongoloid from the Shitetans!)

yeah, that's him.

steelpride12
01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Its very simple for the Steelers. Dont turn the ball over, play with shut down defense and its a wrap. Ben has made some poor plays and so has the whole team to cause turnovers and hurt our chances. With calls going boths ways and fair, plus 0 turnovers the Steelers have a good chance.

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
I find poop offensive.

GBMelBlount
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM

Any way you slice it, they are a mediocre (at best) 8-8 team this year. That is far more relevant than the playoff records of past teams. Defense will probably be the difference in this game imo. Our defense is tops and yours is terrible.......

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Any way you slice it, they are a mediocre (at best) 8-8 team this year. That is far more relevant than the playoff records of past teams. Defense will probably be the difference in this game imo. Our defense is tops and yours is terrible.......

...plain and simple...

well said. =)

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Its very simple for the Steelers. Dont turn the ball over, play with shut down defense and its a wrap.

Dont forget..we have to shut down that high-octane....."punt team":doh:

steelpride12
01-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Dont forget..we have to shut down that high-octane....."punt team":doh:

Well im sure we will be stuck stopping the Chargers at the 50 and them punting it to the 1 inch line every punt surely.:banging:

Dojo Chargerfan
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
to be quite honest with you, I think it comes down to how Ben answers his health issue. For some reason when coming back from injury he plays shellshocked and holds onto the ball a lot longer than usual. If the Steelers get the run game going then I think it will be unlikely we win. If the Chargers limit the Steelers and Scifers could pin the Steelers back far enough then I think we have a chance.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I find poop offensive.

"poop".....sounds runny. Turd on the other hand...solid.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2009, 07:04 PM
to be quite honest with you, I think it comes down to how Ben answers his health issue. For some reason when coming back from injury he plays shellshocked and holds onto the ball a lot longer than usual. If the Steelers get the run game going then I think it will be unlikely we win. If the Chargers limit the Steelers and Scifers could pin the Steelers back far enough then I think we have a chance.

Holding onto the ball longer than usual is basically impossible at this point. He'd have to Run a QB draw every play to pull that off this week.

Our D vs your O is how its going to play out.

stillers4me
01-04-2009, 07:05 PM

:thumbsup:

And hopefully this time, the refs won't be stealing TD's from us. Last game.....11(18)-10.

And that punter IS sick. Everyone in complaining about our punting........so give credit where credit is due. And be grateful next year when Sepuleda is back.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Well im sure we will be stuck stopping the Chargers at the 50 and them punting it to the 1 inch line every punt surely.:banging:

I will take my chances from the one inch line against a secondary that has to ask Detroit for suggestions.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Seriously tho guys. Im interested to see how Darren Sproles matches up. Last time we met, He had one carry for 0 yards, and one reception for 9 yards. Tomlinson's got a torn tendon or something so he'll be playing hurt. Lets see how he fairs against our defense.

i heard he had a labial blow out! true!?

hehe! :flap:

steel striker
01-04-2009, 07:10 PM
I like our chances in this game against the bolts and, I would not worry about Ben charger fans. If I were you I would be concerned about Rivers staying alive running for his life against our defense. I say steelers win 24-3.

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I like our chances in this game against the bolts and, I would not worry about Ben charger fans. If I were you I would be concerned about Rivers staying alive running for his life against our defense. I say steelers win 24-3.

i like the sounds of that one. Rivers on the run. =)

steelerzfannforever
01-04-2009, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=AFC West Champs;514702]Did you say "Rivers is not exactly lighting up the stats either"?

Player of the month for december. 5 wins in a row...1,400 yards, 11 td's and 2 ints last 5 games. What stats are you referring to? rushing yards???[/QUO

Like I said, he isnt lighting up the stats! Those numbers are against crappy teams, not the Pittsburgh Steelers! If he puts up those numbers against top 10 defenses in the month of December then ok, but cmon man he is weak! Harrison and Woodley will rip him a new one!

PalmerSteel
01-04-2009, 07:23 PM
hey chargers, during your "hot streak" you played pretty bad defenses- raiders, chiefs, bucs (bad at this point in the season), broncos, and then the coltsyesterday (OT). the 3 previous defenses you faced were - us, atlanta, and indy = all losses. rivers did play good in december which HE SHOULD against those defenses! if you had a completely healthy gates and LT, then i would give you guys more credit, but without those 2, your offense doesnt have a chance. back to reality for you guys this sunday against the BEST D in the league for sure ;)

GodofGridiron
01-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I can assure everyone that one play we WILL see: 3rd and long scenario, Rivers and the coordinator will call 2 plays depending on the pre-snap look we give. If we blitz, look for Sproles to swing out and be iso'd with a linebacker and we'll be naked. If he shakes that one tackler im afraid its gonna be 6. Look for it............expect it, i just hope LeBeau prepares and recognizes it cuz its coming. Say what ya wanna about our defense but this lil rocket can kill us and do so with just two key touches. The only other time we've seen this kind of speed in a backfield was vs Tennessee. Darren is faster than Johnson and hes harder to see at 5'6". And that lil MF'er worries me.

Expect that play and lets hope for the best in our favor.

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 07:31 PM
I can assure everyone that one play we WILL see: 3rd and long scenario, Rivers and the coordinator will call 2 plays depending on the pre-snap look we give. If we blitz, look for Sproles to swing out and be iso'd with a linebacker and we'll be naked. If he shakes that one tackler im afraid its gonna be 6. Look for it............expect it, i just hope LeBeau prepares and recognizes it cuz its coming. Say what ya wanna about our defense but this lil rocket can kill us and do so with just two key touches. The only other time we've seen this kind of speed in a backfield was vs Tennessee. Darren is faster than Johnson and hes harder to see at 5'6". And that lil MF'er worries me.

Expect that play and lets hope for the best in our favor.

Yea, I agree. Dallas did it to us with Choice. I also worry about the draw play that we have been victim to.

JanBr7
01-04-2009, 07:31 PM
There is no point in 'blaming Ben' for any loss except perhaps the Indy one. The defense is awesome, the offense can score enough points and we all have to admit that sometimes Ben can put the team on his shoulders. I'm betting on his competitiveness -- along with solid O-line play and a couple of great plays by the receivers and RB's. We can win this game. Keep the faith, Steelers fans.

stlrtruck
01-04-2009, 07:34 PM
I expect the chargers to bring their A game. Just like they did last night, but last night was in SD.
There have been plenty of bad calls in both chargers games and Steelers games this year that have put the game on edge.
This time, at least I hope this time, that the refs let them play football. If that's the case, then I think we'll see one hell of a game. I also hope to see more of the no huddle offense for the Steelers.

I think Sproles is the wild card for the chargers. But I think he can be kept in check. Ben is going to either lead the Steelers to victory or be the scapegoat for the loss.

I predict the Steelers defense steps up for this game and makes amends for some things that have been done and said over the last few weeks.

Steelers 24
bolts 13

GBMelBlount
01-04-2009, 07:38 PM
LambertsLostTooth:

Dont forget..we have to shut down that high-octane....."punt team"....

"poop".....sounds runny. Turd on the other hand...solid....

I will take my chances from the one inch line against a secondary that has to ask Detroit for suggestions...

We'll be right back with more random thoughts from LLT after a word from our sponsors..... :toofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
I can assure everyone that one play we WILL see: 3rd and long scenario, Rivers and the coordinator will call 2 plays depending on the pre-snap look we give. .

One of the reasons for our defensive success is that we DO throw off the pre-snap reads.

Troy gave Rivers fits the last time we met by hiding the defensive scheme.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 07:41 PM
We'll be right back with more random thoughts from LLT after a word from our sponsors..... :toofunny:

You ever wonder why the song says that Santa "knows if you've been bad or good"....but when you sit on his lap...what is the first thing he asks you?:noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 07:43 PM
You ever wonder why the song says that Santa "know if you've been bad or good"....but when you sit on his lap...what is the first thing he asks you?:noidea:

I mean...besides "why is a 43 year old dude sitting on my lap?"

devilsdancefloor
01-04-2009, 08:18 PM
I mean...besides "why is a 43 year old dude sitting on my lap?"

so you drinking leftovers from new years eve tonight :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Respect everyone, fear nobody!

Chargers are a good team, but if the Steelers dont turn the ball over, they should win. Chargers have a better offense, but are banged up. Steelers have an adequate offense and a much better defense. I'm thinking that Harrison and Woodley will have 3.5 sacks combined.

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Only 3.5 combined? I'm guessing 5-7. Anyone have the stats on the Chargers 3rd down conversion last night? I'm thinking they played exceptional above normal, I recall many 3rd and longs because the Chargers runs got stuffed or Rivers throws that ball in the dirt.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 08:24 PM
so you drinking leftovers from new years eve tonight :chuckle:

:chuckle:...I'm on hour 13 of a 16 hour shift.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Only 3.5 combined? I'm guessing 5-7. Anyone have the stats on the Chargers 3rd down conversion last night? I'm thinking they played exceptional above normal, I recall many 3rd and longs because the Chargers runs got stuffed or Rivers throws that ball in the dirt.

They were 6 for 14 on third downs...43%

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 08:33 PM
They were 6 for 14 on third downs...43%

Maybe they just made some big conversions when it counted. Won't happen against the :helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 08:44 PM
i heard he had a labial blow out! true!?

hehe! :flap:

Wow...that's the third or fourth vagina and labia reference you've offered. If that's you in your picture, I guarantee you haven't seen one in person, so tell us, where are you learning these dirty words?????

come on

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow...that's the third or fourth vagina and labia reference you've offered. I guarantee you haven't seen one ....,

...just in case thats true...lets rectify that situation.

Here is 54 of them

http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Wow...that's the third or fourth vagina and labia reference you've offered. If that's you in your picture, I guarantee you haven't seen one in person, so tell us, where are you learning these dirty words?????

come on

He ain't playing regardless; Labia, tendon, whatever you want to call it. Sproles is a fantastic change of pace guy, I bet dollars to donuts he isn't an every down back. You know it, and deep down it scares you. It scares all the pathetic Chargers fans walking around SD. They're just too ignorant to admit it.:banging:

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
...just in case thats true...lets rectify that situation.

Here is 54 of them

http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/

HAHAHAHAHA :applaudit:

JackHammer
01-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I'd have to agree to an extent, but I worry about the entire offense. You never exactly when the mistakes will take place, or who will make those mistakes, but you know it's gonna happen. Sometimes it's the line. Sometimes it's Ben. Sometimes it's a WR/TE dropping a pass. Sometimes it's a penalty. If we can minimize the mistakes on offense, we'll be just fine, especially with this defense of ours.

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Allow me to retort.

First of all, LT is not playing. Frankly, I hope he hangs his cleats this year and does what Tiger Woods did: get surgery NOW and rehab before coming back next year. But most SD fans know the score, despite the media PC: LT is out.

Sproles is NOT a true classic running back. He's a scatback who also does our special teams returns. Therefore, how are we going to account for that?

Well, our answer is called Michael Bennett. Although he hadn't played too much in the past few years, he will at least provide Rivers with balance. Although Hester is a good back, I believe that Bennett will provide the experience to gain crucial yardage. 6 yard runs on first down gives Rivers a lot of options, and he provides an excellent alternative to Sproles on third down running opptions.

I'm sure the Pittsburgh DC knows exactly what's Bennett is about, and will prepare for his presence.

AFC West Champs
01-04-2009, 09:04 PM
He ain't playing regardless; Labia, tendon, whatever you want to call it. Sproles is a fantastic change of pace guy, I bet dollars to donuts he isn't an every down back. You know it, and deep down it scares you. It scares all the pathetic Chargers fans walking around SD. They're just too ignorant to admit it.:banging:

You're right Sproles isn't an every down back, for 16 weeks. For one game however he's a stud. I wouldn't want to start the season with him, but headed to Pittsburgh for one game, I have no problem, you have a problem.

good luck even finding him. you can't tackle what you can't see

cheers

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Woodley+Harrison+Farrior+Foote+Timmons+Hampton+Aar on Smith+Polamalu+Ike Taylor= BEAST MODE

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 09:07 PM
You're right Sproles isn't an every down back, for 16 weeks. For one game however he's a stud. I wouldn't want to start the season with him, but headed to Pittsburgh for one game, I have no problem, you have a problem.

cheers

I hope you backups are good. Because your starters will be hurt by halftime.

JackHammer
01-04-2009, 09:14 PM
6 yard runs on first down gives Rivers a lot of options, and he provides an excellent alternative to Sproles on third down running opptions.

That's gonna be a tough bridge for the Chargers to cross. It's possible though, but only if the Steelers offense can't stay on the field long enough to spell the defense AND score points.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 09:18 PM

cheers

Seriously...your banking your playoff hopes on a guy with 330 yrds rushing and 1 TD?
That has got to suck for you.:laughing:

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 09:19 PM

cheers

You're right, those ZERO yds he got last time has me shaking in my shoes, look out.

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Well, our answer is called Michael Bennett. Although he hadn't played too much in the past few years, he will at least provide Rivers with balance. Although Hester is a good back, I believe that Bennett will provide the experience to gain crucial yardage. 6 yard runs on first down gives Rivers a lot of options, and he provides an excellent alternative to Sproles on third down running opptions.

I'm sure the Pittsburgh DC knows exactly what's Bennett is about, and will prepare for his presence.

Why are you all of a sudden hopping up and down on Bennett's c*ck??? Oh wait, cause he wears powder blue now. If that guy was on any other team you were facing you'd say he was a joke. He is a joke.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-04-2009, 09:28 PM
yea i think we will take care buisness

steelpride12
01-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Wait is all the bolts fan really believing Sproles is gonna whoop the Steelers D. Doesnt this kid have 1 TD and a little over 300 yards rushing on the whole season. Don't the Steelers give like 86 total rushing yards a game and less than 14 points overall with the #1 defense in the league. Ouch Sproles good luck.

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Wait is all the bolts fan really believing Sproles is gonna whoop the Steelers D. Doesnt this kid have 1 TD and a little over 300 yards rushing on the whole season. Don't the Steelers give like 86 total rushing yards a game and less than 14 points overall with the #1 defense in the league. Ouch Sproles good luck.

Sproles has many more yards and TDs than that, but yes, good luck.

LVSteelersfan
01-04-2009, 11:36 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!! Did I actually hear someone say Michael Bennett was going to be a factor in this game to balance the Dolt's offensive attack? Oh my God, my stomach hurts so bad from reading that and laughing my A $ $ off. Hey look. I have no A $ $ because I just laughed it off. Rivers better be ready to run for his life in the snow and cold next weekend. Harrison, Woodley and company are going to show no mercy to the pretenders from the Left Coast. I think you all better worry a lot more about Willie Parker than we are worrying about MICHAEL BENNETT. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Dolt's fans are getting overconfident about their RBs because of 1 game against the Colts. Chargers won't have over 50 rush yards. We're going to have to use FWP speed running him outside.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Dolt's fans say that we are scared of Rivers. To me, that's the funniest statement I have ever heard. Rivers is such a cry baby. Where was Rivers the last time we played. Did he miss the flight to Blitzburgh? I hope Pitts D takes over this game.

Boltz
01-04-2009, 11:49 PM
This reminds me of 1994 all over again, in your house, you were favored, and what happened.......................Cant wait untill Sunday.

MJ5150
01-04-2009, 11:51 PM
This reminds me of 1994 all over again, in your house, you were favored, and what happened.......................Cant wait untill Sunday.

Especially since there are so many players and coaches from the '94 teams still on the rosters and suiting up on Sunday, right?

-Mike

Boltz
01-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Something like that, instead we have the best QB in all the NFL, Kicking game, special teams, and our D has been stomping on team's since Ron has taken over, admit it, you could never handle the Colts.

SteelersinCA
01-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Something like that, instead we have the best QB in all the NFL, Kicking game, special teams, and our D has been stomping on team's since Ron has taken over, admit it, you could never handle the Colts.

Stomping on teams, HAHAHA, what are you drinking? Did you forget we beat you with Rivera as the DC? Tell Kaeding not to miss a FG and blame it on the weather, or to trip and fall on the grass during kickoffs.

Edman
01-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Actually, the Steelers handled the Colts plenty. Ike's bad hands and Ben's braindead play squandered a 17-7 lead and ruined our shot at the Colts. I love how you Charger fans act like you dominated the Steelers last game. The Chargers O did nothing last game and will do nothing against the Steelers D this game.

The only way the Chargers win this game is if Ben and the Steelers offense is putrid. Which, has been quite common this season. Quite frankly, that's the reason why San Diego is given a fighting shot in this game.

The officiating was one sided and kept the game closer than it was. You guys look at the 11-10 score and act like you played Pittsburgh tough, except that robbed touchdown by Troy and the untimely holding call that wiped out a Parker touchdown run. Keep telling us how awesome you are though. We won't be hearing from you next Monday.

SteelersinCA
01-05-2009, 12:09 AM
By the way, looks like guests viewing the forums is unusally high, come on in and say something Dolt fans.

Boltz
01-05-2009, 12:14 AM
You beat us by 1 point the last time we played, you will not beat us twice the same season, by the way shouldnt you be in Sunny pittsburg with your team.

SteelersinCA
01-05-2009, 12:31 AM
You beat us by 1 point the last time we played, you will not beat us twice the same season, by the way shouldnt you be in Sunny pittsburg with your team.

This is probably one of the millions of SD fans that cried that Denver didn't really beat them because of Hochuli, but won't follow the same logic and say we were robbed of a TD. He'll cry 1 pt, til Sunday night.

Boltz
01-05-2009, 12:33 AM
No you will cry because your team will lose

MJ5150
01-05-2009, 12:53 AM

Rivers is a good QB, I'll give you that. We got a good kicker of our own, but you definitely got us in the punting game.

As for defense....EVERY other team in the league (including the Ravens) takes a back seat to James, Troy, DeShea, and the rest of our #1 defense in the NFL. You're good for sure, but not Steelers good.

-Mike

redst3
01-05-2009, 03:08 AM

I'd take Tomlin over Norv Turner any day of the week.

Steelers & I
01-05-2009, 03:55 AM
If the Chargers don't scare you their theme song should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiCxhtGMhc

Is that the Village People singing that tune?