PDA

View Full Version : Senator Franken

Fire Haley
01-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Keep recounting until your guy is ahead, then declare victory.

http://www.frankenidiot.com/images/al_franken_bunny_web.jpg

Franken is the winner

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), the outgoing chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, declared Sunday that Al Franken has won the Minnesota Senate recount against Sen. Norm Coleman (R-Minn.).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/27716

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 03:41 PM
There are few people in this world that I dislike more than Al Franken....

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Democrat Harry Reid has already stated he would refuse to seat Roland Burris.... the senator appointed by disgraced Govenor Blagojevich. Harry Reid will deny Burris his seat based on an obscure "Senate Rule 2" ...... which says that any new Senator must present a certificate of election or appointment signed by both his home state governor and secretary of state. Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White said that he would not counter-sign Burris' credentials alongside Blagojevich....that will allow Democrats to throw the question of Burris' eligibility into committee... where they hope it will rot until Blagojevich can be removed from office and another Senator appointed.

The trouble is that there likely will be no resolution to the Minnesota Senate race by next Tuesday..... If that happens, Democrats may have two uncredentialed Senators on their hands. Democrat Al Franken has all but declared victory in the Minnesota recount before all the legal challenges are completed.

Sooooo.... Sen. Reid has handed the Republicans the strategy to block Franken with his position on Burris. ....Senate Rule 2 applies to Franken just as well as it does to Burris.......Franken will not be able to obtain a certificate signed by the Minnesota Secretary of State until after the expected court challenge is completed.....if he arrives in Washington, and the Democrats attempt to seat him, Republicans will force a vote on his credentials...which will be subject to filibuster.

Thank you Harry Reid.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Love it! Hope he wins! Frankens the BEST!

Polamalu Princess
01-04-2009, 08:27 PM
:screwy::horror::cya:God please help is all - Franken...

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Love it! Hope he wins! Frankens the BEST!

Franken is the epitomy of the pseudo-intellectual effiminant elitist that gives liberals a bad name.

He believes himself to be above the rules and laws that he is "supposed" to be wanting to represent. Taxes? not if he can blame someone else for his deliquency...Civil decorum? not in his writings...his mannerisms...or the way he has handled this election.

He is the liberal version of Ann Coulter...a self-serving flame-thrower who would split this country apart if it meant that he could sell a book.

Polamalu Princess
01-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Franken is the epitomy of the pseudo-intellectual effiminant elitist that gives liberals a bad name.

He believes himself to be above the rules and laws that he is "supposed" to be wanting to represent. Taxes? not if he can blame someone else for his deliquency...Civil decorum? not in his writings...his mannerisms...or the way he has handled this election.

He is the liberal version of Ann Coulter...a self-serving flame-thrower who would split this country apart if it meant that he could sell a book.

Most of what you said - I agree with you - 93%!!!!!!!!

Godfather
01-05-2009, 08:56 AM
They should just have a do-over. The election was basically a tie.

I don't really care who wins there. I'd just as soon keep Coleman and get rid of Bum Knee Saxby in Georgia.

revefsreleets
01-05-2009, 09:00 AM
The real problem I have with this is that it's literally impossible for there to be "fair time" between these two candidates. Even if Franken didn't use his radio platform to promote his candidacy directly, he is still getting publicity that is impossible to buy.

Put it this way: If Franken was not on the air, he'd have been slaughtered.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Al Franken Quotes

"I'm a very indecisive person. I'd be a terrible politician."
(Sylvia Rubin, "A Franken Honest Discussion," San Francisco Chronicle, January 18, 1999)

"It might be crazy. I might not be the best candidate."
(Matt McKinney; Rob Hotakainen; Kevin Diaz, "Al Franken vs. Coleman? Comedian Ponders Idea," Star Tribune, November 11, 2003)

"I'm interested in politics for all the wrong reasons -- I'm interested in the sport, the entertainment value of it."
(Jim Ragsdale, "Franken Out To Harpoon Rush For Fun, Profit," Pioneer Press, February 22, 1996)

"I'm not concerned about politics for the good reasons,".... "I'm interested for the bad reasons. I'm interested for the horse race. It's fun to watch these people savage each other and lie."
(Anna Deavere Smith, "Cultural View; Inside The Political Mimic's Fun-House Mirror," The New York Times, August 16, 1992)

Asked why people shouldn't elect him: "I'd be terrible. I'm an indecisive person and I internalize a lot of stress. It's one thing to worry if a joke's funny and is this a good career move? But the idea of deciding which school gets funded and do you bomb Kosovo? . . . I'd be crushed."
(Paul Duchene, "The Joke Stops Here: What If Al Franken Were President?" The Oregonian, February 22, 1999)

"If I put myself on the ballot and even 50 people voted for me it'd be a travesty."
(Paul Duchene, "The Joke Stops Here: What If Al Franken Were President?" The Oregonian, February 22, 1999)

revefsreleets
01-06-2009, 11:07 AM
I know this puts me in the teenie-tiny minority of Republicans, but I actually have listened to, and enjoyed Franken on occasion. I thought he was hit-or-miss, as he was on SNL, but at least he wasn't mean spirited about it like most of the other liberal talk show hosts (Randy Rhodes is THE WORST!). It's sometimes nice to get the other perspective and it's interesting to have a little fun poked at yourself (well, your own party anyway).

Godfather
01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
I know this puts me in the teenie-tiny minority of Republicans, but I actually have listened to, and enjoyed Franken on occasion. I thought he was hit-or-miss, as he was on SNL, but at least he wasn't mean spirited about it like most of the other liberal talk show hosts (Randy Rhodes is THE WORST!). It's sometimes nice to get the other perspective and it's interesting to have a little fun poked at yourself (well, your own party anyway).

I only listened to his show once. It was a Best Of and it was still boring. I can take Randi Rhodes in small doses. Mike Malloy is a blithering idiot.

One of the New Orleans stations switched to Air America in July 2005--I was mad because that meant no more I-man and no more Phil Hendrie.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Come on......Al Franken was hilarious on SNL!!!. Stewart Smalley, Weekend Update with the Satellite dish on his head.

http://toddcop.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/snluplink2.jpg

Sarah Silverman tells a funny story of how she stabbed him in the head while trying to insert a pencil in his "jew fro" :fro:

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Al Franken Quotes

"I'm a very indecisive person. I'd be a terrible politician."
(Sylvia Rubin, "A Franken Honest Discussion," San Francisco Chronicle, January 18, 1999)

"It might be crazy. I might not be the best candidate."
(Matt McKinney; Rob Hotakainen; Kevin Diaz, "Al Franken vs. Coleman? Comedian Ponders Idea," Star Tribune, November 11, 2003)

"I'm interested in politics for all the wrong reasons -- I'm interested in the sport, the entertainment value of it."
(Jim Ragsdale, "Franken Out To Harpoon Rush For Fun, Profit," Pioneer Press, February 22, 1996)

"I'm not concerned about politics for the good reasons,".... "I'm interested for the bad reasons. I'm interested for the horse race. It's fun to watch these people savage each other and lie."
(Anna Deavere Smith, "Cultural View; Inside The Political Mimic's Fun-House Mirror," The New York Times, August 16, 1992)

Asked why people shouldn't elect him: "I'd be terrible. I'm an indecisive person and I internalize a lot of stress. It's one thing to worry if a joke's funny and is this a good career move? But the idea of deciding which school gets funded and do you bomb Kosovo? . . . I'd be crushed."

"If I put myself on the ballot and even 50 people voted for me it'd be a travesty."
(Paul Duchene, "The Joke Stops Here: What If Al Franken Were President?" The Oregonian, February 22, 1999) And he still won. What a great country we live in!:rofl::laughing::hug:

Fire Haley
01-06-2009, 12:42 PM
What a great country we live in!:rofl::laughing::hug:

http://cdn.kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com-s1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/obama-terrible-towel.jpg

revefsreleets
01-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Come on......Al Franken was hilarious on SNL!!!. Stewart Smalley, Weekend Update with the Satellite dish on his head.

http://toddcop.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/snluplink2.jpg

Sarah Silverman tells a funny story of how she stabbed him in the head while trying to insert a pencil in his "jew fro" :fro:

When dude was on, he was ON, but he had an awful lot of misses, too. People tend to forget those. He once had a segment on "How a joke gets written" that was basically 5 minutes of anti-funny, and that was unintentional.

Vis
01-06-2009, 03:46 PM
The real problem I have with this is that it's literally impossible for there to be "fair time" between these two candidates. Even if Franken didn't use his radio platform to promote his candidacy directly, he is still getting publicity that is impossible to buy.

Put it this way: If Franken was not on the air, he'd have been slaughtered.

Arnold..............

revefsreleets
01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Arnold..............

Celebrities in politics is another matter altogether. Al was already a celeb, but he was on the air during all his campaigning. Ahnold was not.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
When dude was on, he was ON, but he had an awful lot of misses, too. People tend to forget those. He once had a segment on "How a joke gets written" that was basically 5 minutes of anti-funny, and that was unintentional.

Agreed. Here is a vid of Franken impersonating Mick Jagger that is more stupid than funny.

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/01/04/al-franken-does-mick.html

revefsreleets
01-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Funny. But not very "senatorial".

Still, I like my politicians more human and less automaton. I just don't think Al is that bad of a guy, regardless of his politics.

GBMelBlount
01-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Seriously, what policies did Franken run his campaign on? I could use a good laugh. :toofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2009, 08:06 AM
And he still won. What a great country we live in!:rofl::laughing::hug:

This from a guy whos state requirement for being a senator is... vehicular manslaughter?:noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Seriously, what policies did Franken run his campaign on? I could use a good laugh. :toofunny:

because....."He's good enough..He's smart enough...and gosh darn it...people like him!!!"

Hines0wnz
01-07-2009, 11:28 AM
As much as I'd like to ridicule the state of Minnesota, they previously elected Jesse "the body" Ventura as governor. :noidea:

Having said that, Franken is a tool and should fit right in with the professional tools in Congress we have right now.

GBMelBlount
01-07-2009, 11:32 AM
This from a guy whos state requirement for being a senator is... vehicular manslaughter?:noidea:

LMAO! Morals, integrity and character don't matter as long as you fight for the exploited working man (from your ivory tower) against the slave conditions imposed by capitalism and free markets. :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2009, 02:24 PM
LMAO! Morals, integrity and character don't matter as long as you fight for the exploited working man (from your ivory tower) against the slave conditions imposed by capitalism and free markets. :chuckle:

Holy Cow!!!...that may be the best description of elitist victimization that I have ever heard!!!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Crushzilla
01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
They should just have a do-over. The election was basically a tie.

I don't really care who wins there. I'd just as soon keep Coleman and get rid of Bum Knee Saxby in Georgia.

I can think of other elections that were basically ties. :noidea:

:stirthepot:

For the record, I have no opinion on Al Franken. He stays out of my way, and I stay out of his.