PDA

View Full Version : Arians Nation Unite!

tony hipchest
01-04-2009, 04:52 PM
bruce needs all the support he can get as he gameplans for his biggest game as a steelers coach. i figured we could have a cool nickname for all his backers. :chuckle:

:couch:

Sharkissle29
01-04-2009, 04:53 PM
uh no

43Hitman
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
bruce needs all the support he can get as he gameplans for his biggest game as a steelers coach. i figured we could have a cool nickname for all his backers. :chuckle:

No need to hide behind the couch bro! I love the way you think, you always find a way to stir it up the haters. :stirthepot: :bomb:

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 05:29 PM
haha! he IS quite the instigator! =)

Arians doesn't need a nickname. he needs a new occupation. Wal Mart is always hiring.

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 06:06 PM
haha! he IS quite the instigator! =)

Arians doesn't need a nickname. he needs a new occupation. Wal Mart is always hiring.

You may want to get your application in there too, pardner. haha! :flap:

I'm a proud Arians supporter. He's just as much a part of the Steelers successes this season as the rest of the team - contrary to popular opinion around here. It's a TEAM effort all the way around.

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Arians' hot seat supporters?

Arians' FIREballers?

The Cupcake Cowboys?

That last one has nothing to do with Arians... I just like it...

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
You may want to get your application in there too, pardner. haha! :flap:

I'm a proud Arians supporter. He's just as much a part of the Steelers successes this season as the rest of the team - contrary to popular opinion around here. It's a TEAM effort all the way around.

haha! i was kidding .

and besides that...i DO work at Walmart! i work overnight stock in the pets department. so, now you know how i know they're hiring! haha!

i like your philosophy about the team effort all the way around. i recently read an article in the local paper about the Steelers and their team work. it was amazing. if i can find it, i'll thread and post it. it's an eye opener and a true Steeler fan article.

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 06:24 PM
How 'bout:

Scapegoat Supporters? :chuckle:

SteelCityKing
01-04-2009, 06:27 PM
How 'bout:

Scapegoat Supporters? :chuckle:

every team needs one. :chuckle:

Texasteel
01-04-2009, 06:37 PM
haha! i was kidding .

and besides that...i DO work at Walmart! i work overnight stock in the pets department. so, now you know how i know they're hiring! haha!

i like your philosophy about the team effort all the way around. i recently read an article in the local paper about the Steelers and their team work. it was amazing. if i can find it, i'll thread and post it. it's an eye opener and a true Steeler fan article.

Do they need a new Walmart Greeter, I'm retireing in 4 months and need a new occupation.

Crushzilla
01-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Do they need a new Walmart Greeter, I'm retireing in 4 months and need a new occupation.

I hope you're better than Cheney.

FxFc1RMbko4

CRUSH WITH THE HIJACK!

"AND THE CROWD crowd crowd... IS GOING going going... CRAZY crazy crazy"

HometownGal
01-04-2009, 06:51 PM
every team needs one. :chuckle:

We could make a mint having a lottery on who is going to be this week's scapegoat even when the Steelers win. :banging::banging:

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Show me an I formation and a Win and I'm his biggest fan this week.

GodofGridiron
01-04-2009, 07:54 PM
If he runs anything close to a quarterback bootleg/option like we saw vs Jax last year, he should be decapitated.........no questions.

Arians: "Aint nothin better than 3rd and long, empty backfield. S'how we did it it Clee'land".

steelpride12
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
First off i used to work at wal mart as a car pusher and i greeted and im only 17!

Second i am a strong Arians supporter and hoping he brings his A plays to the playoffs and may even bring out the gadget plays the Steelers used to use.

Steelers & I
01-05-2009, 07:14 AM

Let me tell you a little story about a man named Bruce.
A poor Coordinator who's offenses rarely produce.
First on his agenda, the Fullback is let loose.
Leaving all the fans to wonder, is this man obtuse?

It doesn't take long to see his system will reduce,
the smash mouth style, that now rides in the caboose.
As the season rolls on many want him in a noose.
Those calling for his firing have now become profuse.

An offensive coordinator? He's a damn poor excuse
His offensive system, truly is abstruse.
Many fans this season have turned to alcohol abuse,
and if Bruce doesn't go they''ll soon be living in recluse.

We've seen enough of this offensive diffuse.
Wave them now, those flags of truce.
At seasons end lets hope that another will seduce,
Bruce Arians from the Steelers, how can we induce?

MasterOfPuppets
01-05-2009, 09:06 AM
arians nation??? where have i heard that before???......:huh: ......how bout the arians brotherhood !!!!:thumbsup:

markymarc
01-05-2009, 10:03 AM
All that I ask from Bruce this week is to call a great game that will protect Ben from getting hit considering he will be 2 weeks out from the concussion. The I formation would be a good start. Also a lot of short passes and more hurry up offense would be good.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2009, 10:31 AM
arians nation??? where have i heard that before???......:huh: ......how bout the arians brotherhood !!!!:thumbsup:

:rofl:

Just dont re-use the old "arians" team logo. :doh:

SteelersinCA
01-05-2009, 10:39 AM
I don't really care what he calls as long as we get some protection. I have faith the O will take care of itself if Ben gets protection.

HometownGal
01-05-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't really care what he calls as long as we get some protection. I have faith the O will take care of itself if Ben gets protection.

I'm sure he is cooking up some new plays just as Papa Lebeau is working OT in his kitchen on defensive schemes/coverages. I'd love to see some trick plays this Sunday, but I don't know that we have the right O personnel to do that. Colon would find a way to screw it all up with a hold or false start. :banging:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2009, 10:47 AM

Ben could just do what most of the other QB's did this weekend and throw the football away if nobody gets open. Its doubtful, because he is a gambler and a guy that likes to try and break tackles.

But, I did notice most of the QB's like , Ryan, Warner, Manning, Rivers, Pennington, McNabb that played this week just threw the ball away when they had nobody open and the pressure started to come. Sometimes an incomplete pass is better than a sack.

SteelersinCA
01-05-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm sure he is cooking up some new plays just as Papa Lebeau is working OT in his kitchen on defensive schemes/coverages. I'd love to see some trick plays this Sunday, but I don't know that we have the right O personnel to do that. Colon would find a way to screw it all up with a hold or false start. :banging:

You know, now that you mention it if Colon stops getting false start/holding penalties I think our offense will handle business. That guy is a walking drive killer.:banging:

SteelersinCA
01-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Ben could just do what most of the other QB's did this weekend and throw the football away if nobody gets open. Its doubtful, because he is a gambler and a guy that likes to try and break tackles.

But, I did notice most of the QB's like , Ryan, Warner, Manning, Rivers, Pennington, McNabb that played this week just threw the ball away when they had nobody open and the pressure started to come. Sometimes an incomplete pass is better than a sack.

Rivers did do it a bunch, I was at the game, and everyone was getting mad at him. Then it worked one play late in the game to help him avoid a sack and they were all like great play Rivers, great play. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Rivers did do it a bunch, I was at the game, and everyone was getting mad at him. Then it worked one play late in the game to help him avoid a sack and they were all like great play Rivers, great play. :chuckle:

Were they booing on the ones where the D smelled out the screen play and he threw it in the ground?? The guy honestly has no choice on those, because if he throws downfield, is a penalty for Ineligible man downfield. If so, that would be a fan base lacking football IQ.

SteelersinCA
01-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Were they booing on the ones where the D smelled out the screen play and he threw it in the ground?? The guy honestly has no choice on those, because if he throws downfield, is a penalty for Ineligible man downfield. If so, that would be a fan base lacking football IQ.

They weren't booing, but they were screaming. In general the fan base seriously lacks football IQ. Many, many people were waving their arms to quiet the crowd while they were on offense. They have some people who know what they are talking about but they are drowned out by the bandwagon fan that just talks to hear himself talk.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2009, 12:10 PM
They have some people who know what they are talking about but they are drowned out by the bandwagon fan that just talks to hear himself talk.

Sounds like a message board theme. :chuckle: