PDA

View Full Version : I agree with Bayless on 1st and 10 (ESPN)

Rush58
12-20-2005, 04:19 PM
We are not for real. We are only built to win regular season games, not many postseason games. Hopefully, Cowher will eventually come to the conclusion next season that balance is the way to go.

Steel - X
12-20-2005, 04:21 PM
I am not sure I agree with what Bayless had to say in this argument because I did not hear his side of the story. But I can not stand Bayless as a columnist. Just my .02

Rush58
12-20-2005, 04:25 PM
I am not sure I agree with what Bayless had to say in this argument because I did not hear his side of the story. But I can not stand Bayless as a columnist. Just my .02

He didn't comment on the Steelers in so many words. He just gave his top 5 teams in the AFC and threw the Steelers off Woody's board.

Steel - X
12-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Hey i am not saying we are the greatest team going right now because we are not. But I would take my chances with the steelers in the playoffs. But I have said this for awhile now Cowher has not won many big games and until he does you can not put him into the elite coaching category. It is one thing to make it to the playoffs but really thats just another loosing season if you dont win it all.

Suitanim
12-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Skip Bayless knows the Cowboys, and can be trusted to report on them. I think he just guesses about the other 31 teams, or, in this case, probably read "Cold hard facts" and cribbed all their info.

Koopa
12-20-2005, 05:38 PM
We are not for real. We are only built to win regular season games, not many postseason games. Hopefully, Cowher will eventually come to the conclusion next season that balance is the way to go.

mayne, i sure do like your faith in the steelers, keep it up :rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2005, 06:11 PM
The plain and simple fact is that Cowher and the Steelers will continue to be labled as a team that cant win the AFCN or SB based on the past 13 years of the Cowher era... so until we do all we can is keep on keeping on..

Ambridge
12-20-2005, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock into what Skip Bayless has to say.
This is the same person who has a daily battle of whits with Woody Paige on ESPN's Cold Pizza.:rolleyes:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Skip Bayless is a tool!!

Suitanim
12-20-2005, 06:49 PM
And, following up on Blitz's take, it doesn't necessarily make him Nostradamus to predict the Steelers won't do well in the play-off's, since we haven't even made it yet, and haven't prospered when we've been there. It's like predicting that the Studebaker will fail 15 years after the company declares bankruptcy...

Way to stick your neck out there, Skip.

SteelCityMan786
12-20-2005, 09:11 PM
I don't buy Bayless's Mularkey. The Steelers are for real if they can come back from the great beyond and into the playoff race.

OX1947
12-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Skip Bayless is the epitomy of scum yellow journalism. He is the same a-hole that wrote a book about Troy Aikman being gay, the guy has never put on a uniform in his life and degrades not analyzes athletes and teams. He is piece of you know what and anytime I see or hear him I do my best to change the channel or station. BSPN already has turned the corner to tabliod garbage, adding him and that nitwit, clueless dipbleep Woody Paige just adds to it. Skip Bayless belongs in the toilet and so does everything he writes or says.....

clevestinks
12-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Skip going into week three this season picked us as his top team, now with some injuries we are crap??? If we didn`t need Tommy to blow a couple games for us, then everyone would be talking about us. The good teams, has Palmer missed a game? Manning miss any? Brady ? Hasselback? Brees? Plummer? No. Our offensive line played thier worst when Ben was out, cuz the other defenses played the run, the knew we were unable to pass with that bum maddox. If Ben was healthy all year, we wouldn`t be having this conversation!

SteelCurtain
12-21-2005, 08:16 AM
Skip going into week three this season picked us as his top team, now with some injuries we are crap??? If we didn`t need Tommy to blow a couple games for us, then everyone would be talking about us. The good teams, has Palmer missed a game? Manning miss any? Brady ? Hasselback? Brees? Plummer? No. Our offensive line played thier worst when Ben was out, cuz the other defenses played the run, the knew we were unable to pass with that bum maddox. If Ben was healthy all year, we wouldn`t be having this conversation!

exactly, and you know what's even worse...we still almost won those games w/ maddox and no offense whatsoever

Sharkissle29
12-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Peak Steelers, Peak!!!!

Eztarget
12-21-2005, 04:03 PM
The Steelers would most likely be 11-3 right now had Ben stayed healthy all year (12-2 if you take away the HORRBILE turnovers against Cincy). That said, playing as the #6 seed with 3 straight playoff road games just to sniff the Superbowl is a tall order for ANY team.

Add to the mix that Cowher has proven time and again he and his staff come up VERY small in huge playoff games and our chances ain't looking so good. After going 15-1 last year we needed a lucky break from a crappy Jets placekicker just to get to the AFCCG where Cowher again came up real small. Granted we had a rookie QB, but come next year that excuse just won't fly anymore with me.

I can see us winning one playoff game this year then going into Indy against a rested team with EVERYTHING to prove and getting our asses whooped. I hope I eat crow on this one, but that's just how I see it playing out ... (assuming we lock up this last spot which is NO guarantee right now).

clevestinks
12-21-2005, 04:58 PM
The Steelers would most likely be 11-3 right now had Ben stayed healthy all year (12-2 if you take away the HORRBILE turnovers against Cincy). That said, playing as the #6 seed with 3 straight playoff road games just to sniff the Superbowl is a tall order for ANY team.

Add to the mix that Cowher has proven time and again he and his staff come up VERY small in huge playoff games and our chances ain't looking so good. After going 15-1 last year we needed a lucky break from a crappy Jets placekicker just to get to the AFCCG where Cowher again came up real small. Granted we had a rookie QB, but come next year that excuse just won't fly anymore with me.

I can see us winning one playoff game this year then going into Indy against a rested team with EVERYTHING to prove and getting our asses whooped. I hope I eat crow on this one, but that's just how I see it playing out ... (assuming we lock up this last spot which is NO guarantee right now).
i wouldn`t blame Cowher this season i f we come up short. Ben has a thumb problem, I really think it is more serious than we would like to think. I mean gloves indoors! He has some problems