PDA

View Full Version : Any Guitar players here?

T.Richardson
01-05-2009, 01:11 PM
heres my fender. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/CWEBB04_/Photo_052308_001.jpg

I play most Doors, and Foo Fighters songs pretty well.So I think my 4 years of playing worked out!

43Hitman
01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Bass player since 14...Don't play as often as I like anymore but still love dropping some groovy lines every now and then.

Leftoverhard
01-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah, mostly acoustic - but it makes it that much more fun when you pick up an electric.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Trying to learn guitar myself. I am getting there but things are slow going.

43Hitman
01-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Trying to learn guitar myself. I am getting there but things are slow going.

Practice till your fingers bleed bro. :tt03:

T.Richardson
01-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Trying to do hammer ons and pull offs on a acoustic is a pain on my fingers...thats why electric is better, much easier!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-05-2009, 02:00 PM
oops...

43Hitman
01-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Trying to do hammer ons and pull offs on a acoustic is a pain on my fingers...thats why electric is better, much easier!

Yeah, but the strength you gain from doing those, is great for your endurance. You also practice those hammer ons and pull offs on a bass to gain more strength. A lot of the guys that I played in bands with used practice their tapping and hammer ons, pulloffs on my bass.

T.Richardson
01-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah, but the strength you gain from doing those, is great for your endurance. You also practice those hammer ons and pull offs on a bass to gain more strength. A lot of the guys that I played in bands with used practice their tapping and hammer ons, pulloffs on my bass.

yea, but them calluses hurt! I just wish I could get used to them. I wonder if a bass guitar would help?

steelwall
01-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I play bass. Was in a band breifly before I came to China. We were good, all original stuff, now I have a crappy Chinese brand bass a Yinling, but got a sweet Yamaha back in the states.

Crushzilla
01-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I first started learning on an electric about five years ago, but didn't care much for it.

I've been tinkering around on an acoustic since then.

I wonder what I could do on an electric now... Maybe I'll have to dust off the amp!

EDIT: T.Rich, she's a babe.

CASTEEL
01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Picked up guitar after playing sax my whole life... I really enjoy playing acoustic.
I got a '67 Gibson Melodymaker that has a pretty sweet sound, but I just was not good enough to put it to good use. I might pick it back up again -- but want to get me a nice Taylor or Gibson acoustic first.... :)

Crushzilla
01-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Picked up guitar after playing sax my whole life... I really enjoy playing acoustic.
I got a '67 Gibson Melodymaker that has a pretty sweet sound, but I just was not good enough to put it to good use. I might pick it back up again -- but want to get me a nice Taylor or Gibson acoustic first.... :)

If you put that Gibson on Ebay and sent me a bottle of Maker's Mark I can probably take that off your hands... :toofunny:

KeiselPower99
01-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Ive been playing for about 2 years now still aint the great I would have hoped for.

Crushzilla
01-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Ive been playing for about 2 years now still aint the great I would have hoped for.

You'd probably be surprised how much better you are than you realize.

I, by no means, am a... student... of the guitar.

I seriously just tinker around with it. I know my basic chords, but I play with finger positioning to figure out minor chords and the like. Can't tell you if they are right or if that's how you play them, but if it sounds good I throw it together.

I also don't play with a pick. There's never one around when you need it, so I just learned without it.

Seriously, when I try to use one it sounds like I'm pounding on the damn thing, and it goes flying out of my hand too often. It's awful. It's probably also the reason I never pick up the electric.

I know you're kidding around, but that's the beauty of it. Just do what you want with it. My buddy can rip out Metallica solos. I play little diddies. We both love the guitar.

CASTEEL
01-05-2009, 04:33 PM
If you put that Gibson on Ebay and sent me a bottle of Maker's Mark I can probably take that off your hands... :toofunny:

LOL...

I'll send you two bottles, and set the price high.... maybe I'll get lucky... ;)

43Hitman
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
I play bass. Was in a band breifly before I came to China. We were good, all original stuff, now I have a crappy Chinese brand bass a Yinling, but got a sweet Yamaha back in the states.

I have a Washburn fretless and a Samick 5 string. By the way, Samick basses are freaking unreal..and half the price of most marque name brands.

NJarhead
01-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Been playin since I was about 13 (1984-5). I was supposed to be a drummer, but I had no where to play. lol.

steelwall
01-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I played bass by ear, never new what chords were...didn't have to, I just knew what would sound good with the lead.

Our band played one gig before I left, and blew the people away, including a band that had been playing together for years.

I had so many compliments on my playing, but never toke the first course, just do what sounds good.

touchdownward
01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I started playing in '92 on a intermediate size Ibanez accoustic and later bought a Fender Mustang (played alot of Nirvana and Pearl Jam). After a few years, I bought a sunburst Fender Strat and a full size, solid black, Martin accoustic. I played through a Fender Twin. I still own all my musical equipment, but don't play near as much as I'd like. Still got my callouses though. :thumbsup:

CASTEEL
01-05-2009, 11:43 PM
I started playing in '92 on a intermediate size Ibanez accoustic and later bought a Fender Mustang (played alot of Nirvana and Pearl Jam). After a few years, I bought a sunburst Fender Strat and a full size, solid black, Martin accoustic. I played through a Fender Twin. I still own all my musical equipment, but don't play near as much as I'd like. Still got my callouses though. :thumbsup:

I'll add Martin to my list of 'would like to gets' in the acoustic style...hehe

I love Martin, Taylor and Gibson for acoustic .... when I have the money to buy the amount I have will probably determine which I get.