PDA

View Full Version : Ben set to practice - will start on Sunday

Fire Haley
01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Just like I predicted....

Roethlisberger to practice; will start Sunday

Monday, January 05, 2009

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said today he passed his final post-concussion test and will play on Sunday when the Steelers open the playoffs against the San Diego Chargers at Heinz Field.

Roethlisberger left the Steelers final regular-season game on Dec. 28 with a concussion just before halftime. Roethlisberger is taking the field this afternoon to practice for the first time since his injury.

He said he's taken several tests over the past week, that he feels fine and will take no further precautions.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09005/939724-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

----------------------------

Just a bump on the head, he's fine.

Dino 6 Rings
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Sweet, our Starting QB is ready for the game.

Great news for us.

SteelersinCA
01-05-2009, 12:35 PM
WWWWWWWWWWWWWoooooooooooooooooooooo HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Great news!!

HometownGal
01-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Awesome news! :banana: :applaudit:

In Ben's case, it pays to be a little "hard-headed". :wink02: The kid is as tough as they come! :hatsoff:

nickelbolt
01-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Was there ever a doubt?

The Duke
01-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Was there ever a doubt?

Some

Maybe mostly created by the media

nickelbolt
01-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Some

Maybe mostly created by the media

Yeah, I heard some chatter, but no one on Sirius NFL Radio gave it any real time. So I figured it was a given.

Fire Haley
01-05-2009, 12:56 PM
You should have listened to Rich Eisen and Mooch last night - they practically had Ben retired from brain damage.

Choke on it Eisen - no Pats in the playoffs! woo-hoo!

No Pats, Cowboys or Colts to drool over in the playoffs, whatever will they talk about now?

ha ha!

nickelbolt
01-05-2009, 12:59 PM
You should have listened to Rich Eisen and Mooch last night - they practically had Ben retired from brain damage.

No Pats, Cowboys or Colts to drool over in the playoffs, whatever will they talk about now?

ha ha!

The only real football knowledge I give much credence to, is Pat Kirwan & Tim Ryan on Sirius NFL Radio.

All others are just background noise while I'm cooking breakfast prior to the games.

Ben is a warrior, Philip is a warrior... and both of these defenses are gonna get some good shots on each of these guys.

It's gonna be a bloodbath.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-05-2009, 01:00 PM
That is great news we need been out there

The_WARDen
01-05-2009, 01:00 PM

ha ha!

they still have a Manning left in the playoffs, I'm sure he'll get his share of slurping.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Was there ever a doubt?

Yes, I was worried. Concussions can become cumulative and easier to get each time. Just ask Steve Young and Trent Green.

Its why I hope the kid learns that its OK to throw the ball away at times to avoid the hit. Just like RB's run out of bounds to extend their career. I'd rather have Ben play in Pittsburgh for 10 more seasons with a few more incompletions a game than have him leave in 5 years with more concussions.

T.Richardson
01-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Yes, I was worried. Concussions can become cumulative and easier to get each time. Just ask Steve Young and Trent Green.

Its why I hope the kid learns that its OK to throw the ball away at times to avoid the hit. Just like RB's run out of bounds to extend their career. I'd rather have Ben play in Pittsburgh for 10 more seasons with a few more incompletions a game than have him leave in 5 years with more concussions.

and Troy Aikman.

Fire Haley
01-05-2009, 01:13 PM
It's football - guys get dinged every game. Rub some dirt on it, it'll be fine.

X-Terminator
01-05-2009, 01:16 PM
and Troy Aikman.

and Al Toon.

lilyoder6
01-05-2009, 01:39 PM
ben's head is made of steel.. nothing can damage it.. no player no ball nor no car

T.Richardson
01-05-2009, 01:44 PM
and Al Toon.

and Ted Johnson

SteelerFanInCA
01-05-2009, 02:10 PM
That's great news. One less thing to hear the media talk about over the next few days.

stlrtruck
01-05-2009, 02:25 PM
That's great news. One less thing to hear the media talk about over the next few days.

I'm sure they'll find something else to drip over the fans.

stlrz fan
01-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Crowd will be nuts for Ben- He will be a show.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
It's football - guys get dinged every game. Rub some dirt on it, it'll be fine.
Yeah, rub some dirt on the 3rd ventricle of your brain to relieve some pressure and swelling. :thumbsup: Great way to treat the $100 million man.

Fire Haley
01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Ben's brain was good enough to SWEEP the AFC North this year.

That's good enough for me.

steelpride12
01-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Good to see Ben getting a full week of practice in, He plays alot better with practice it has shown this season.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2009, 02:45 PM

Yeah, but that was before he got his eggs scrambled in week 17.

I've had 3 minor concussions and only 1 where I couldn't remember what happened in the game I just played. Trust me, for a slobbering D-lineman like me that is OK, but not something you want hampering your QB's decision making.

Fire Haley
01-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I think Ben getting his bell rung might actually clear out some cobwebs and stop him from thinking too much.

5 wide!!! Ben, 5 Wide!!!

The_WARDen
01-05-2009, 03:46 PM

to be honest, 4 of those game were gimmes. The 2 Ravens' games were the only ones that they actually had to participate in..

missedgehead
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit: A concussion is more than a "bump on the head" as well. Anyone who thinks that is very misinformed.

Fire Haley
01-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Stop sniveling.

Ben is fine.

All is well.

Now get out there and hit someone.

43Hitman
01-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, rub some dirt on the 3rd ventricle of your brain to relieve some pressure and swelling. :thumbsup: Great way to treat the $100 million man.

This is logical. Concussions are nothing to screw around with. You put a guy out there to early, and you can turn him into a vegetable faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexbealidochus.

Fire Haley
01-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, but that was before he got his eggs scrambled in week 17..

Next you'll want to pull him for throwing an incompletion.

Gawd forbid he throws a pick - "The sky is falling!"

missedgehead
01-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Stop sniveling.

Ben is fine.

All is well.

Now get out there and hit someone.

No one is sniveling. Just trying to say that a concussion is NOT just a "bump on the head" like you are saying. Like others here have said: Aikmen, Al Toon, Steve Young had their careers ENDED by too many concussions. This is a serious condition and to be honest, I am concerned with how Ben will PLAY. Remember the Oakland 2006 game? But you are entitled to your opinion that it is a "bump on the head.." So we will just leave it at that.

Edman
01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Well, he's had a full week of rest thanks to the bye week. His head should've cleared up by now.

This game will be won or lost on his play. As well as the Defense.

Fire Haley
01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
No one is sniveling. Just trying to say that a concussion is NOT just a "bump on the head" like you are saying..

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger - only the weak brain cells will die.

Strap it up Ben, and go whack some Bolts.

lilyoder6
01-05-2009, 07:20 PM
No one is sniveling. Just trying to say that a concussion is NOT just a "bump on the head" like you are saying. Like others here have said: Aikmen, Al Toon, Steve Young had their careers ENDED by too many concussions. This is a serious condition and to be honest, I am concerned with how Ben will PLAY. Remember the Oakland 2006 game? But you are entitled to your opinion that it is a "bump on the head.." So we will just leave it at that.

big dif there.. those players had over double digit concussions.. ben has had like 4 or 5.. i think he'll be fine... i mean come on ppl he did eat a car with his face

Galax Steeler
01-06-2009, 03:47 AM
I think Ben will be fine and he will be ready to play sunday if not we have a good backup to come in for him.