PDA

View Full Version : Gran Torino

Crushzilla
01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
The lady-friend gave me a weird look when she caught me drooling over the trailer teaser for this movie. I don't know why, but I really want to see it.

It may have something to do with my obsession over bad-ass old men.

Don't know much about it, but it appears to be a vigilante Eastwood...

... Charles Bronson has a big frowny face on, right now.

Anyone else interested? Anyone seen it? I know that it was playing in "select cities."

MACH1
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Looked like it might be a pretty good flick.

SteelCityKing
01-05-2009, 11:53 PM
yeah. you can't really go wrong with Clint Eastwood. i didn't grow up watching his movies like a lot of my friends did, but i appreciate his later works like Unforgiven, Mystic River, and Million Dollar Baby. i'm super excited to see this one for sure.

i'm gunning for David Fincher, Brad Pitt, and Benjamin Button to snag some Oscars this year no doubt.

stlrtruck
01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm on the fence about it. Eastwood looks like his old dirty Harry self in some of the trailer scenes.

But don't know if I can bring myself to the theaters to see it. Maybe I'll wait for you to see it and review it.

revefsreleets
01-06-2009, 07:33 PM
He's playing a racist old man. The guy has no need to act anymore, in fact, he doesn't WANT to act, but he'll do it if the role is right.

I respect the guys judgment immensely. I'll see this film.

I'm catching Benjamin Button Friday. I'm going to hold it against "Charlie Chaplin" and see how Pitt does. Downey is incredibly underrated as an actor, and Chaplin is the gold standard of his career IMHO.

Hammer67
01-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I loved Chaplin.

I think Pitt is a talented actor...all other baggage aside. I thought he was great in Snatch and Legends of the Fall.

Godfather
01-10-2009, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE=revefsreleets;517063]He's playing a racist old man./QUOTE]

Is he a racist or just an ornery old guy who's sick of the punks? From the promos it looks like he's trying to protect a couple of Asians from a diverse gang.

jasonhightower
01-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Nice to see Mr. Eastwood back on the set in front of the camera. Can't wait to see this one!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-10-2009, 04:12 AM
[QUOTE=revefsreleets;517063]He's playing a racist old man./QUOTE]

Is he a racist or just an ornery old guy who's sick of the punks? From the promos it looks like he's trying to protect a couple of Asians from a diverse gang.

I was under the impression that he grew to care about his minority neighbors and protected them from the punks...or something like that

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-10-2009, 10:53 AM
It didn't get good reviews. One and a half stars.

NJSTEELER
01-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Just saw it this past Wed. Was awesome. Same old tough man. Becomes protective of his Laotian neighbors and still calls them nasty names but they know he loves them . Must see. Can't tell to much or spoil it for all of you.

DJfan
01-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Can't imagine why the angst of a guy watching thugs taking his community into the toilet isn't the theme of more movies. Oh yeah, it's racist.

Whatever. I'll see it for sure.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Just saw it this past Wed. Was awesome. Same old tough man. Becomes protective of his Laotian neighbors and still calls them nasty names but they know he loves them . Must see. Can't tell to much or spoil it for all of you.

Kind of a mix of Archie Bunker and Dirty Harry??