PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Award Curse?!

SteelCityKing
01-05-2009, 11:42 PM
this was brought to my attention recently by a stupid Charger fan who, if he wasn't my blood brother, would be kicked in the nuts for saying some sh*t like this...

he said, "the Steelers are going to get their asses beat this weekend because James Harrison got Defensive Player of the Year."

i said, "oh yeah!? how so!?"

he said, "cause anyone who won award this year LOST!"

i asked, "oh yeah!? HOW SO!?"

he said, "Peyton Manning, MVP...lost. Chad Pennington...Comeback Player of the Year...lost. Matt Ryan, Offensive Rookie of the Year...LOST! all lost!"

i said, "OH SH*T! you're right!"

what do you guys think!? do you think James Harrison wnning this award is going to jinx our chances of taking it to the house for our 6th...or is my brother full of sh*t?

now, tread lightly, he IS my brother. just let me know if you agree or disagree? thanks. =)

MACH1
01-05-2009, 11:46 PM
To add to that the Steelers are 0-2 against the bolts in playoffs.:hunch:

SteelCityKing
01-05-2009, 11:57 PM
To add to that the Steelers are 0-2 against the bolts in playoffs.:hunch:

oh yes...thank you for reminding me! haha!

tony hipchest
01-06-2009, 12:01 AM
this was brought to my attention recently by a stupid Charger fan who, if he wasn't my blood brother, would be kicked in the nuts for saying some sh*t like this...

he said, "the Steelers are going to get their asses beat this weekend because James Harrison got Defensive Player of the Year."

:kick:

chargerfan huh?

tell him to get used to it (if he already isnt).

SteelCityKing
01-06-2009, 12:02 AM
:kick:

chargerfan huh?

tell him to get used to it (if he already isnt).

HAHA! he knows i hate the fact that he was BORN in Pittsburgh and he can't have enough respect to love a respectable team like the Steelers. he's a bandwagoner though. he loved Michael Vick until his dog incident and he loved Reggie Bush until he took a dump on his season. he has NO tact whatsoever. like i said, if he wasn't my brother...i'd plow my fist right into his suckhole! haha!

revefsreleets
01-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Is that what they are telling themselves? What about being a better football team?

TailgateMel
01-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Those were all offensive awards... his is a defensive award... jinx is therefore nullified

HughC
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
what do you guys think!? do you think James Harrison wnning this award is going to jinx our chances of taking it to the house for our 6th...or is my brother full of sh*t?
Do you also believe that whether or not you wear your lucky underwear has an effect on the outcome of a game?

Curses and jinxes and karma and lucky hats make for entertaining conversation, but they don't determine the final score.

The_WARDen
01-06-2009, 12:23 PM
and Drew Brees just won Offensive Player of the Year! Wait, what's it mean if that player isn't in the playoffs?

stlrtruck
01-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Curses and jinxes and karma and lucky hats make for entertaining conversation, but they don't determine the final score.

WAIT A MINUTE, are you telling me that by standing on my head the entire hour before Super Bowl 40 had nothing to do with the outcome? And my favorite britches are irrelevant?

Well if that's the case my wife will be pleased to know she can wash my underwear now!!! :rofl:

Ok we really need a sarcasm smiley!!

Stlrs4Life
01-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Only works is if you are superstitous.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 04:27 PM

i said, "oh yeah!? how so!?"

he said, "cause anyone who won award this year LOST!"

i asked, "oh yeah!? HOW SO!?"

he said, "Peyton Manning, MVP...lost. Chad Pennington...Comeback Player of the Year...lost. Matt Ryan, Offensive Rookie of the Year...LOST! all lost!"

i said, "OH SH*T! you're right!"

now, tread lightly, he IS my brother. just let me know if you agree or disagree? thanks. =)

Ed Reed got an award and he won!

SteelCityMan786
01-09-2009, 04:36 PM
PLAY THE FREAKIN GAME!