PDA

View Full Version : Titans' loss a blessing?

The_WARDen
01-06-2009, 08:33 AM
If the Steelers had won that game in Tennessee, they'd be playing the 12-5 Ravens instead of the 9-8 Chargers this weekend.

Maybe, it was a good thing to lose that game?

:noidea:

The Duke
01-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Why? We might end up playing the ravens in the AFC championship anyway

There's no need to fear them

The_WARDen
01-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Why? We might end up playing the ravens in the AFC championship anyway

There's no need to fear them

I don't fear them, but why play them before we have to? Let them beat up on the Titans and we'll get the leftovers rather than the other way around.

Besides, after beating them in the AFCCG, the Steelers will get 2 weeks to recover before their next game.

The Duke
01-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't fear them, but why play them before we have to? Let them beat up on the Titans and we'll get the leftovers rather than the other way around.

Besides, after beating them in the AFCCG, the Steelers will get 2 weeks to recover before their next game.

hmm....seeing it that way, yeah maybe it was :thumbsup:

That titan-ravens game will be very physical. Whoever wins will be very sore for the next game

Not saying the bolts aren't. Just not as much as those two

shaker100
01-06-2009, 12:26 PM
The Titans will beat Baltimore this Sunday. Those who would rather play Tenn. than Balt. are out of their minds.

The_WARDen
01-06-2009, 12:32 PM
The Titans will beat Baltimore this Sunday. Those who would rather play Tenn. than Balt. are out of their minds.

I wouldn't be too sure about that one. Kerry Collins is going to have to win that game because the Ratbirds will shut down Johnson/White. We'll find out how good Collins is this weekend.

stlrtruck
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM

Where do some people get this rhetoric? I'd rather play the titans then baltimore. The Steelers and ratbirds games are knock down drag out fights that can leave a team hurt for months. While the titans played a great game last time, there is some retribution that needs to be made.

I would say you are out of your mind :doh: if you think that the ratbirds are going to be an easy cake walk.

Fire Haley
01-06-2009, 01:09 PM

I'd have to agree with that.

Let them both grind each other to shreds before we play what's left of the survivor.

I see nothing wrong with that.

markymarc
01-07-2009, 06:04 AM
While I don't fear the Rats, it will be nice to see them and the Titans beat each other up physically on Saturday. There will definitely be a lot of hitting in that game.

jdsdaguy
01-08-2009, 05:09 AM
i really hope the the steelers are thinking about the chargers long and hard at this time. i really think that a one point game should be in the front of their minds. an overlooked team at this point could make for a long off season. we all can talk smack about the chargers but in reality we all know this team is as dangerous as the rest of them. after watching us overlook the cheats more than once, i can honestly say i get alot more nervous when we play teams that we SHOULD beat. nomatter the out come, i'll still be rooting for my steelers next year. but i'd love to be rooting in atleast 3 more games this year. :tt02: