PDA

View Full Version : The steelers and rematches

joeyssteelcurtain
01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Obviously the Steelers faced 3 teams in 'rematches' this season -- the Browns, Bengals and Ravens. The Steelers obviously won all 6 of those games, but perhaps the most impressive and currently relevant fact about those performances is that in each of the 3 games where a team got a 'second shot' at the Steelers, the opponent had fewer yards, points and time of possession than it did in the first meeting; while the Steelers had more yards, time of possession and points than in the first meeting. This is telling information leading into the 'rematch' against San Diego, because it shows that the Steelers improve on both sides of the ball when facing a team for the second time, while their opponents decline on both sides of the ball when facing the Steelers for the second time.

Here is the season recap on rematches:

The Browns in meeting one had 208 yards, 30:17 time of possession and 6 points.

The Browns in meeting two had 126 yards, 26:40 time of possesion and 0 points.

The Steelers in meeting one had 281 yards, 29:43 time of possession and 10 points.

The Steelers in meeting two had 369 yards, 33:20 time of possession and 31 points.

The Bengals in meeting one had 212 yards, 29:25 time of possession and 10 points.

The Bengals in meeting two had 208 yards, 24:40 time of possession and 10 points.

The Steelers in meeting one had 375 yards, 30:35 time of possession and 38 points.

The Steelers in meeting two had 364 yards, 35:20 time of possession and 27 points.

The Ravens in meeting one had 243 yards, 32:13 time of possesion (regulation) and 20 points.

The Ravens in meeting two had 202 yards, 28:02 time of possession and 9 points.

The Steelers in meeting one had 237 yards, 27:47 time of possession and 23 points.

The Steelers in meeting two had 311 yards, 31:38 time of possession and 13 points.

On average, in first matchups Steelers opponents averaged 221 yds, 30:38 t.o.p. and 12 points.

On average, in second meetings Steelers opponents had 179 yds, 26:27 t.o.p and 6 points.

On average, in first matchups the Steelers had 298 yards, 29:21 t.o.p. and 24 points.

On average, in second meetings the Steelers had 348 yards, 33:26 t.o.p. and 24 points.

As those performances demonstrate, the second time around the Steelers take control of the ball game, on both offense and defense. There is nothing to indicate that something different will occur against San Diego.

In the first matchup with the Steelers, SD had a meager 218 yards, 23 mins of time and 10 points.

In the first matchup, the Steelers had a whopping 410 yards, 36 mins of time, and 11 points.

These coaches and players have a proven track record of improved performance in rematches, and if the trend displayed throughout the year continues, the Chargers are likely to have roughly 185 yards, 20 mins of possession, and 6 points. The Steelers, meanwhile, are in for a dominant day featuring nearly 500 yards of offense, 40+ minutes of possession, and certainly more than 6 points.

Don't believe the hype: this game is a mismatch.

ts888
01-06-2009, 02:24 PM
good stuff.

tony hipchest
01-06-2009, 03:18 PM
:iagree:

good research.

those numbers would suggest a spanking if we happen to meet the ravens, and we'd definitely make the right adjustments against the titans.

T.Richardson
01-06-2009, 03:22 PM
:hatsoff:

revefsreleets
01-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Stop making sense! Everyone knows the Steelers are doomed because James Harrison won an award and the Chargers beat us twice before in the playoffs 14 and 26 years ago.

tony hipchest
01-06-2009, 05:10 PM
:laughing: no shit

BenIsSuperman7
01-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Good stuff sounds like our coaches know what theyre doing

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Excellent!!! :drink::applaudit:

lilyoder6
01-06-2009, 05:59 PM
that some good bit of information to know when we play the same team b4

sdnunes
01-06-2009, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on games versus the Bengals and Browns. The already pathetic Bengals were without Ocho-Cinco in Game 2, and the Browns started a guy named Bruce Gradkowski in Game 2.

So we're left with two games versus the Ravens, the second of which you were held to 10 points less than the first meeting and needed a dubious TD call to win.

The Chargers' wins in '83 and '94, which have absolutely no bearing on Sunday's game, are more meaningful than that avalanche of keystrokes in the first post. Congrats on spending so much time on it, though.

fansince'76
01-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on games versus the Bengals and Browns. The already pathetic Bengals were without Ocho-Cinco in Game 2, and the Browns started a guy named Bruce Gradkowski in Game 2.

So we're left with two games versus the Ravens, the second of which you were held to 10 points less than the first meeting and needed a dubious TD call to win.

How relevant was your 3-7 record outside of the AFC West or the two one-point wins against the pathetic Chiefs, the second one requiring a miracle comeback to win? :coffee:

nickelbolt
01-06-2009, 07:01 PM
The Steelers have all of the advantages. Everywhere you look... the Steelers should dominate.

So if the Chargers do win. This would probably be considered the greatest upset in the history of the Steelers franchise. Right?

I'm asking as a serious question. They're 6pt favorites at home. Have they ever been heavier favorites in the playoffs and lost?

sdnunes
01-06-2009, 07:06 PM
How relevant was your 3-7 record outside of the AFC West or the two one-point wins against the pathetic Chiefs, the second one requiring a miracle comeback to win? :coffee:

Good thing I didn't start a thread about those wins...

welder4pit
01-06-2009, 07:08 PM
heres to vincent jackson:drink: go steelers:tt03:

slippy
01-06-2009, 07:09 PM
steelers were 9 point favorites against san diego in the 1994 afc champ game in pittsburgh and lost. also heavy faves against the pats in pittsburgh in 2001 afc champ game, lost.

nickelbolt
01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
steelers were 9 point favorites against san diego in the 1994 afc champ game in pittsburgh and lost. also heavy faves against the pats in pittsburgh in 2001 afc champ game, lost.

Ohhhhh... yeah... now I remember...

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5271/isaacbartenderrn0.gif

fansince'76
01-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Good thing I didn't start a thread about those wins...

It's about the Steelers on a Steelers board. What's the problem?

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 07:20 PM

What difference does it make that we were held to 10 points in Ravens matchup #2? It takes a one point differential to win a game, as you Bolts fans well know. :flap: Doesn't matter if you win by 1 or win by 101 - a win is a win is a win. Period.

welder4pit
01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
:drink If i remember correctly it was an early game and about 60 degrees in 94. As for 01 turner is no Bellichic. Hav another drink on us steeler fans vincent jackson im sure that wont be a distraction for them:tt03::tt03::tt03:

tony hipchest
01-06-2009, 07:36 PM

The Chargers' wins in '83 and '94, which have absolutely no bearing on Sunday's game, are more meaningful than that avalanche of keystrokes in the first post. Congrats on spending so much time on it, though.
you know what? you guys shouldnt put too much emphasis on beating denver, oakland, and kansas city down the stretch as evidence of a "defensive turn around" (as if rivera worked some magic :chuckle: ).

the better team with superior coaching will generally win the second time around.

seriously, who the hell is tyler thigpen? was denver using the waterboy to rush against you guys? :laughing:

sdnunes
01-06-2009, 07:41 PM
What difference does it make that we were held to 10 points in Ravens matchup #2? It takes a one point differential to win a game, as you Bolts fans well know. :flap: Doesn't matter if you win by 1 or win by 101 - a win is a win is a win. Period.

The guy's whole post is about how Pittsburgh has improved statistically from match-up 1 to match-up 2, not about wins and losses.

sdnunes
01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
you know what? you guys shouldnt put too much emphasis on beating denver, oakland, and kansas city down the stretch as evidence of a "defensive turn around" (as if rivera worked some magic :chuckle: ).

the better team with superior coaching will generally win the second time around.

seriously, who the hell is tyler thigpen? was denver using the waterboy to rush against you guys? :laughing:

Agreed on the Oakland and KC wins. But winning in Tampa, and more importantly, shutting down two of the best offenses in the league in Denver and Indy in back to back weeks cannot be overemphasized.

welder4pit
01-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Indy and denver was at home. denver lost to buffalo the week before. tamp got beat up pretty bad against oakland.I think vincent was watching film of the steelers d then started drinking. Going to be a long cold night for him sunday:drink::drink::tt03::tt03:

tony hipchest
01-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Agreed on the Oakland and KC wins. But winning in Tampa, and more importantly, shutting down two of the best offenses in the league in Denver and Indy in back to back weeks cannot be overemphasized.neither can consistantly shutting down the leagues best offenses all year long.

chargers, patriots, giants, cowboys were all considered pre-season favorites for the superbowl. steelers shut all of their offenses down. even the colts.

you know what denver and colts had in common? no running game. why do you think cutler, brees, and warner all had fantastic years? no running game. why do you think these guys (including the chargers) had 8-8 records?

steelers are battle tested against teams that run AND pass the ball.

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I think vincent was watching film of the steelers d then started drinking. Going to be a long cold night for him sunday:drink::drink::tt03::tt03:

:laughing::toofunny::laughing: :alcoholic:

welder4pit
01-06-2009, 08:12 PM
ok i thot about it. Including last week sd had 1 solid victory,with a mediocre schedule at best. Do feel better now. your not going to come back to wine like wade phillips after we kick your butt sunday nite are you

KeiselPower99
01-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Nice research. I hope it all comes true on Sunday night.

sdnunes
01-06-2009, 08:34 PM
neither can consistantly shutting down the leagues best offenses all year long.

chargers, patriots, giants, cowboys were all considered pre-season favorites for the superbowl. steelers shut all of their offenses down. even the colts.

you know what denver and colts had in common? no running game. why do you think cutler, brees, and warner all had fantastic years? no running game. why do you think these guys (including the chargers) had 8-8 records?

steelers are battle tested against teams that run AND pass the ball.

Denver had a lot of injuries at RB, but they had a very good running game all season (check the stats). Indy, not so much. Still, the Chargers shut down Cutler and Manning, which was more my point.

No denying how good the Steelers' D is, but the Chargers' D is playing as well as any defense in the league at the moment. Like you said, pre-season SB favorites... finally playing up to their capabilities.

This game is going to come down to one or two plays again. Chargers weren't making them early (which is why they were 8-8 and not 12-4) but are making them now. Pittsburgh has been making them all season in close games. Meanwhile, the jury's still out on Tomlin in the playoffs, and Big Ben's head is a question mark.

tony hipchest
01-06-2009, 08:59 PM
No denying how good the Steelers' D is, but the Chargers' D is playing as well as any defense in the league at the moment. Like you said, pre-season SB favorites... finally playing up to their capabilities.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

seriously....

are you freaking kidding me????

cincinatti was hotter down the stretch winning their last 3 games and only allowing 19 points over that span. look up those stats. does that mean im gonna let it slide if a bunglefan comes in here saying their playing as well as anybody? :laughing:

cinci is 12 in yards allowed. san diego is 25th. cinci allowed 10 more points than the chargers for the entire season (16 if you dont count the polamalu td the refs ripped off the scoreboard).

LOL U guys are the bengals!

as far as the playoffs go, no team had more yardage than the colts. and chargers didnt even crack the top 5 of the 8 teams who played last weekend in yards allowed.

look up those stats.

now i know you guys got to run a little smack on coltfans and it worked out in your favor. you guys are all probably feeling like soothsayers and prognosticators.

but that shit dont fly here.

lilyoder6
01-06-2009, 09:12 PM
beating the broncos at the end was a joke,.. they were at the end of there epic fail

sdnunes
01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
cinci is 12 in yards allowed. san diego is 25th. cinci allowed 10 more points than the chargers for the entire season (16 if you dont count the polamalu td the refs ripped off the scoreboard).

You can ignore my point about the Chargers defense playing well right now, and continue to post stats for the entire season, but why bother responding at all?

as far as the playoffs go, no team had more yardage than the colts. and chargers didnt even crack the top 5 of the 8 teams who played last weekend in yards allowed.

Take away the uncontested 72 yd TD by Wayne and the Chargers are suddenly in the Ravens' neighborhood in yards allowed last weekend. Then factor in the offenses each team was facing and it's a wash. And yes, I'm only counting yards where both teams were actually trying.

But more importantly, the Chargers are getting off the field on 3rd down against good offenses.
Only the Ravens were more successful on 3rd down defense last weekend.

now i know you guys got to run a little smack on coltfans and it worked out in your favor. you guys are all probably feeling like soothsayers and prognosticators.

Dude, the only thing worse than the fact you swear on a message board is that you're still using the term "LOL".

sdnunes
01-06-2009, 09:49 PM
beating the broncos at the end was a joke,.. they were at the end of there epic fail

I guess you're right. Getting pimp-slapped by the Titans in the Steelers' most important game of the regular season was more impressive...

SteelCityMom
01-06-2009, 09:50 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

seriously....

are you freaking kidding me????

cincinatti was hotter down the stretch winning their last 3 games and only allowing 19 points over that span. look up those stats. does that mean im gonna let it slide if a bunglefan comes in here saying their playing as well as anybody? :laughing:

LOL U guys are the bengals!

look up those stats.

BEST POST EVER!

SteelCityMom
01-06-2009, 09:54 PM
I guess you're right. Getting pimp-slapped by the Titans in the Steelers' most important game of the regular season was more impressive...

How was that the most important game of the season? As far as most Steelers fans and Steelers players are concerned the most important game of the season was the second one against the Ravens that won us the division. Hell, the 5 games before we played the Ravens were more important than the Tits game.

Crusty
01-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Look at all the laughing hyenas in this thread. All the Steeler fans slapping each other on the backs over stats showing that the Steelers have 'improved' against woeful teams.

The same way the Chargers have.

Chargers got beat by the Broncos by a point, then win by 31. They win against KC by one point each time, they struggled against Oakland (but still won) in the first matchup, then annihilated them by 28 in the next matchup. They faded down the stretch in the first game against Indy, then stepped up BIG TIME defensively against them last week.

A Classic example of homers looking at one side of the coin while ignoring the other side.

I'm not going to take anything away from the Steelers, but seriously, spare me the weak stats proving how the Steelers are going to have their way with the Chargers because the Steelers have improved against horribly weak teams, especially when the team you're going up against has done the exact same thing...

It's called the playoffs, and teams make it here because they're generally good at making adjustments at or around midseason.

fansince'76
01-06-2009, 10:00 PM
It's called the playoffs, and teams make it here because they're generally good at making adjustments at or around midseason.

While others backed in because a division rival collapsed down the stretch. :coffee:

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 10:02 PM
While others backed in because a division rival collapsed down the stretch. :coffee:

Won the division with a .500 record in one of the softest divisions in the league. :yawn: :coffee:

SteelCityMom
01-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Look at all the laughing hyenas in this thread. All the Steeler fans slapping each other on the backs over stats showing that the Steelers have 'improved' against woeful teams.

The same way the Chargers have.

Chargers got beat by the Broncos by a point, then win by 31. They win against KC by one point each time, they struggled against Oakland (but still won) in the first matchup, then annihilated them by 28 in the next matchup. They faded down the stretch in the first game against Indy, then stepped up BIG TIME defensively against them last week.

A Classic example of homers looking at one side of the coin while ignoring the other side.

I'm not going to take anything away from the Steelers, but seriously, spare me the weak stats proving how the Steelers are going to have their way with the Chargers because the Steelers have improved against horribly weak teams, especially when the team you're going up against has done the exact same thing...

Improved against horribly weak teams huh? I guess we would have to include the Chargers in that category as well, since they are the first of the horrible teams we beat when we went on our 5 game winning streak (against the horrible Pats and the horrible Ravens and the horrible Cowboys, who had just come off of a 3 game win streak of their own). Please, come talk to us when your high powered offense has had to face 7 of the top 10 defenses this season (one of them twice).

sdnunes
01-06-2009, 10:15 PM

Can we stop with the "Denver collapsed" garbage? They were 6-5 and finished 8-8.

The Broncos were 6-5 and won on the road in New York when everyone was fellating Brett Favre after the 8-3 Jets upset the Titans in Tennessee the week before.

After beating KC they were 8-5 before going to Carolina, a game in which they were 8 pt dogs and were supposed to lose. They had a road game scheduled in SD for Week 17, which was also a game they were supposed to lose. So really, they blew one game down the stretch... at home versus Buffalo, and the Chargers made them pay for it by winning 3 straight prior to Week 17 and then taking care of business at the Q.

So, yes, the Broncos blew one game they should have won. But this wasn't a "historic collapse" in any real sense, and the Chargers did not "back in."

fansince'76
01-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Can we stop with the "Denver collapsed" garbage? They were 6-5 and finished 8-8.

The Broncos were 6-5 and won on the road in New York when everyone was fellating Brett Favre after the 8-3 Jets upset the Titans in Tennessee the week before.

After beating KC they were 8-5 before going to Carolina, a game in which they were 8 pt dogs and were supposed to lose. They had a road game scheduled in SD for Week 17, which was also a game they were supposed to lose. So really, they blew one game down the stretch... at home versus Buffalo, and the Chargers made them pay for it by winning 3 straight prior to Week 17 and then taking care of business at the Q.

So, yes, the Broncos blew one game they should have won. But this wasn't a "historic collapse" in any real sense, and the Chargers did not "back in."

They had a 3-game lead with 3 games to go. It was a collapse, sorry.

Crusty
01-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Improved against horribly weak teams huh? I guess we would have to include the Chargers in that category as well, since they are the first of the horrible teams we beat when we went on our 5 game winning streak (against the horrible Pats and the horrible Ravens and the horrible Cowboys, who had just come off of a 4 game win streak of their own). Please, come talk to us when your high powered offense has had to face 7 of the top 10 defenses this season (one of them twice).

Keep on keeping on with that bluster and misdirect, momma.

The point of this thread involved 'statistics' proving the Steelers improved against awful opponents. The statistics do indicate that. However, as usual, the Pitt homers here failed to look at the other side of the ball, where the Chargers have improved even more significantly when they faced opponents for the second time. If you're going to assess how teams have improved against opponents, then make a huge leap of logic by saying that it's a primary reason why your team should beat mine this weekend, you must then look how your opponent has improved in second-time matchups. If you do that, you see the Chargers have much more to gain than do the Steelers.

After all, it's hard to shut down Chargers any more than you did the first time around.

fansince'76
01-06-2009, 10:18 PM
However, as usual, the Pitt homers here failed to look at the other side of the ball, where the Chargers have improved even more significantly when they faced opponents for the second time.

Like KC? Please. :coffee:

Crusty
01-06-2009, 10:18 PM
They had a 3-game lead with 3 games to go. It was a collapse, sorry.

Most of which was faciliated by the Chargers destroying the Broncos in the final game.

Both teams had control of their own destiny in week 17 and the Broncos had every opportunity to end it against the Chargers themselves. The Chargers proved they were the superior team the whole season, even when the records might not have reflected it.

fansince'76
01-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Most of which was faciliated by the Chargers destroying the Broncos in the final game.

Both teams had control of their own destiny in week 17 and the Broncos had every opportunity to end it against the Chargers themselves. The Chargers proved they were the superior team the whole season, even when the records might not have reflected it.

Whoopie, you destroyed a team with no D to speak of to win your division in the last week of the season. There's a real feather in your cap. And you call us homers. Christ. :coffee:

Crusty
01-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Whoopie, you destroyed a team with no D to speak of to win your division in the last week of the season. There's a real feather in your cap. And you call us homers. Christ. :coffee:

Not all of you, just the ones who start these inane threads. Also, I'm merely bringing up statistics that clearly no Steelers fan has bothered to consider when they forecast victories of upwards of ten or more points against the Chargers this weekend. It's obvious the game is going to be close, and whichever defense makes the bigger plays is going to win. Considering the Chargers have been a bad passrushing team yet somehow managed to ring up four sacks against Roethlisberger last time, coupled with the fact that you managed zero touchdowns against us should make you a little nervous heading into this game. You can't win by ten when you can only score ten yourselves against purportedly bad defenses.

tony hipchest
01-06-2009, 11:05 PM

both the chargers and donkos suck....

EQUALLY.... which probably explains the regular season split- (not to be confused with the one between your legs that you pee out of)

Steelers & I
01-07-2009, 03:31 AM
Not all of you, just the ones who start these inane threads. Also, I'm merely bringing up statistics that clearly no Steelers fan has bothered to consider when they forecast victories of upwards of ten or more points against the Chargers this weekend. It's obvious the game is going to be close, and whichever defense makes the bigger plays is going to win. Considering the Chargers have been a bad passrushing team yet somehow managed to ring up four sacks against Roethlisberger last time, coupled with the fact that you managed zero touchdowns against us should make you a little nervous heading into this game. You can't win by ten when you can only score ten yourselves against purportedly bad defenses.

Let me tell you a little something. First of all, you Chargers fans act as if your team is riding on some sky high emotions that CAN'T BE MATCHED BY ANYONE! Now granted, the Chargers are fired up and feeling pretty good about themselves and I can't say that I blame them. They certainly kicked the crap out of Denver in a non-hostile, home environment but I don't believe that the Chargers or their fans realize what they're about to walk into this Sunday.

The Steelers ARE CRANKED UP, the Steelers fans ARE CRANKED UP! This isn't going to be ANYTHING like the sleep walking performance by the Steelers in the 1994 AFCCG match up with the Chargers. I attended that game and believe me, the entire atmosphere was STRAIGHT UP FLAT! Not to mention that the temperature at kickoff was nearly 60 degrees. That's not happening this time around. The temperature is predicted to be in the 20's with possible snow showers. You also shouldn't expect a game like you saw in week #11 this season when the Chargers came to Pittsburgh with a 4-5 record, a game which drew so much interest from the season ticket holders that nearly half of them GAVE their tickets to little kids for that particular game. Oh yeah, the Steelers were definitely amped up to play a sorry-A$$ 4-5 Chargers team.

The Steelers and their fans have heard ENOUGH about the Chargers current winning streak and that the Chargers are more than capable of upsetting the Steelers. IT AIN'T FREAKING HAPPENING DUDE! If the Chargers are fortunate enough to pull within 14 points of the Steelers it will be due to a late "GARBAGE TIME" touchdown.

I'm not here to talk X's and O's. I'm here to tell you that the Steelers Nation is FIRED UP and the A$$ Whipping of the Chargers can't begin soon enough. Believe what you want man, I don't care. I'm telling you how it is. I'm in your face like a drill instructor at boot camp. The freaking Chargers don't have a chance of upsetting the Pittsburgh Steelers this Sunday. It's going to be LIGHTS OUT CRAZY! Come back after the game so I can say that I TOLD YOU SO!

I'm TIRED, TIRED, TIRED, of hearing about the Chargers. It's nothing personal, I simply hate ANY freaking team that's coming into our backyard with aspirations of beating the Steelers in a playoff game. Let's get this motha effer ON! I'm crashing glass and swallowing nails in anticipation.

Steelers 31
Chargers 10

BehindSteelCurtain
01-07-2009, 04:23 AM
You have too much time on your hands.

Steelers & I
01-07-2009, 06:28 AM
You have too much time on your hands.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Oh my God that was so damn funny. You are the man!

joeyssteelcurtain
01-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I want the ravens bad

donny c
01-07-2009, 03:33 PM
I too like the steelers chances in the post season, but someone please tell Big Ben to stop running the play clock down to 0 every play. The O-line has a tough enough time keeping him on his feet without giving the D the heads up of when the play will start.

nickelbolt
01-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Let me tell you a little something. First of all, you Chargers fans act as if your team is riding on some sky high emotions that CAN'T BE MATCHED BY ANYONE! Now granted, the Chargers are fired up and feeling pretty good about themselves and I can't say that I blame them. They certainly kicked the crap out of Denver in a non-hostile, home environment but I don't believe that the Chargers or their fans realize what they're about to walk into this Sunday.

The Steelers ARE CRANKED UP, the Steelers fans ARE CRANKED UP! This isn't going to be ANYTHING like the sleep walking performance by the Steelers in the 1994 AFCCG match up with the Chargers. I attended that game and believe me, the entire atmosphere was STRAIGHT UP FLAT! Not to mention that the temperature at kickoff was nearly 60 degrees. That's not happening this time around. The temperature is predicted to be in the 20's with possible snow showers. You also shouldn't expect a game like you saw in week #11 this season when the Chargers came to Pittsburgh with a 4-5 record, a game which drew so much interest from the season ticket holders that nearly half of them GAVE their tickets to little kids for that particular game. Oh yeah, the Steelers were definitely amped up to play a sorry-A$$ 4-5 Chargers team.

The Steelers and their fans have heard ENOUGH about the Chargers current winning streak and that the Chargers are more than capable of upsetting the Steelers. IT AIN'T FREAKING HAPPENING DUDE! If the Chargers are fortunate enough to pull within 14 points of the Steelers it will be due to a late "GARBAGE TIME" touchdown.

I'm not here to talk X's and O's. I'm here to tell you that the Steelers Nation is FIRED UP and the A$$ Whipping of the Chargers can't begin soon enough. Believe what you want man, I don't care. I'm telling you how it is. I'm in your face like a drill instructor at boot camp. The freaking Chargers don't have a chance of upsetting the Pittsburgh Steelers this Sunday. It's going to be LIGHTS OUT CRAZY! Come back after the game so I can say that I TOLD YOU SO!

I'm TIRED, TIRED, TIRED, of hearing about the Chargers. It's nothing personal, I simply hate ANY freaking team that's coming into our backyard with aspirations of beating the Steelers in a playoff game. Let's get this motha effer ON! I'm crashing glass and swallowing nails in anticipation.

Steelers 31
Chargers 10

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8981/surrenderya9.gif

:laughing:

thebus36idf
01-07-2009, 10:46 PM
To all you Chatger fans that have come to our door!
Odds are in the NFL that any team can pull of an upset. However if I am going into the ring against a fighter thats only lost 4 of 16 fights against what was thought to be the toughest 16 fight schedule in fighting, and I had lost half of my 16 fights against many noncontenders I wouldn't be knocking on his door and telling him I'm gonna beat him based on my last convincing fight. Mainly because If he doesn't kick your ass on the spot you sure are gonna give him good reason to bring it all, and hurt ya bad when the time comes See you after the K.O. Good Luck

nickelbolt
01-08-2009, 09:42 AM
To all you Chatger fans that have come to our door!
Odds are in the NFL that any team can pull of an upset. However if I am going into the ring against a fighter thats only lost 4 of 16 fights against what was thought to be the toughest 16 fight schedule in fighting, and I had lost half of my 16 fights against many noncontenders I wouldn't be knocking on his door and telling him I'm gonna beat him based on my last convincing fight. Mainly because If he doesn't kick your ass on the spot you sure are gonna give him good reason to bring it all, and hurt ya bad when the time comes See you after the K.O. Good Luck

Then it's a good thing the players are the ones who actually decide the outcome. Because I haven't heard anything but respect coming out of either side's locker room.

lilyoder6
01-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Then it's a good thing the players are the ones who actually decide the outcome. Because I haven't heard anything but respect coming out of either side's locker room.

well thats b/c of the things.. 1 is that these are guys who are being nice

And number 2 is that we don't have joey porter anymore to start the trash-talking

nickelbolt
01-08-2009, 10:18 AM
well thats b/c of the things.. 1 is that these are guys who are being nice

And number 2 is that we don't have joey porter anymore to start the trash-talking

Holy crap. Can you imagine what JP would be saying about: 1. the chargers record, 2.Sproles stature 3. Norv Turner 4. Rivers' goofy nature 5. Jackson's DUI arrest... and the list would grow.

sixstringlass
01-08-2009, 06:46 PM
But winning in Tampa, and more importantly, shutting down two of the best offenses in the league in Denver and Indy in back to back weeks cannot be overemphasized.

Well, Tampa lost Monte Kiffin right around that time, and the _efenses in _enver and In_y are nothing special.

fansince'76
01-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Holy crap. Can you imagine what JP would be saying about: 1. the chargers record, 2.Sproles stature 3. Norv Turner 4. Rivers' goofy nature 5. Jackson's DUI arrest... and the list would grow.

I for one never liked Porter's jaw-jacking, nor do I miss it now. Just shut up and play.

SBL1721
01-08-2009, 07:10 PM

Steelers 31
Chargers 10

OK dude, don't get your panties in a bunch now. The Chargers and THEIR fans will be fired up as well and I'm drinking gasoline and pissing fireballs in anticipation!! BOO YA!!!!

sdnunes
01-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Well, Tampa lost Monte Kiffin right around that time, and the _efenses in _enver and In_y are nothing special.

You understand the post was about how the Chargers' defense fared against the offenses of Denver and Indy, right?

NJarhead
01-08-2009, 07:12 PM
OK dude, don't get your panties in a bunch now. The Chargers and THEIR fans will be fired up as well and I'm drinking gasoline and pissing fireballs in anticipation!! BOO YA!!!!

Dude, medicine has come a long way and I'm pretty sure you can get a Doctor to give you a shot that'll clear that right up. :chuckle:

sixstringlass
01-08-2009, 07:21 PM
You understand the post was about how the Chargers' defense fared against the offenses of Denver and Indy, right?

Snark gets you nowhere. I was replying to what I quoted. The Charge-profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilters won't put up 52 Sunday.

Edited to add: My point, conversely to yours in your post that I quoted, was that those _efenses aren't, as I said, anything special. Therefore, it was easier for the Bolts to put up points, ergo, an easier win. Compare and contrast... looking at the other side.

sdnunes
01-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Snark gets you nowhere.

Agreed. Over time message boards turn everyone into A-holes, myself included.
I'm sure we're all normal in the outside world...

SBL1721
01-09-2009, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=TheWarDen86;519211]Dude, medicine has come a long way and I'm pretty sure you can get a Doctor to give you a shot that'll clear that right up. :chuckle:[/QUOTE

Good one, brownie points for you:thmbup:

joeyssteelcurtain
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=TheWarDen86;519211]Dude, medicine has come a long way and I'm pretty sure you can get a Doctor to give you a shot that'll clear that right up. :chuckle:[/QUOTE

Good one, brownie points for you:thmbup:

You charger fans make me laugh I mean come on you won 8 games and you played a lot of soft as* teams lets call it like it is the chargers have no shot no shot at all

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Edman
01-09-2009, 04:42 PM
But, but...The Chargers beat the Steelers in 1994! Surely that will give them an advantage! Bobby Ross is still the coach you know!

The Steelers barely beat the Chargers last game! We're much closer than you think! Never taking into account getting outgained 4:2 and having an absurd 1-13 advantage in penalties.

HometownGal
01-10-2009, 08:29 AM
BUMP

Steelers & I
01-12-2009, 05:04 AM
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8981/surrenderya9.gif

:laughing:

Are you still laughing Charger boy? Things went pretty much as I said they would, didn't they? Domination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers & I
01-12-2009, 05:08 AM

How did that gasoline work out for you?

BOO YA!!! and double BOO YA!!!!!!! you Charger panty boy.

nickelbolt
01-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Are you still laughing Charger boy? Things went pretty much as I said they would, didn't they? Domination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I'm a man. Not a boy... so come correct.
2. Yeah. Your post still cracks me up. Because it was funny. Great timing. Guess the humor of the white flag I was waving was lost on you.
3. In terms of "domination"... yeah... the ground game domination was evident.

This game was won and lost in the 3rd quarter. That is the truth.

So congratulations on the win. I came in here with no excuses. But make no mistake about it. Your "scary" avatar and blustery posts don't intimidate anyone. But your team certainly is Championship caliber.

Good luck the rest of the way. I be pullin' for 'em.

Note: edited to remove any x's and o's talk.