PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecast for Game Day/Night

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 08:13 PM
It's gonna be a deep freeze come game time. We're supposed to have some snow in the Burgh tomorrow night and temps in the 20's through next Monday.

Advantage: STEELERS! :tt02:

Sunday game forecast:

Sunday, Jan 11
High: 18 °F RealFeel®: 0 °F
Cloudy, breezy and much colder with a couple of snow showers possible

Sunday Night, Jan 11
Low: 16 °F RealFeel®: -1 °F
A flurry around in the evening; otherwise, rather cloudy and breezy

stillers4me
01-06-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm glad I'm watching the game at home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/cid_01a701c600412748460001fea8c0lea.gif

randy06
01-06-2009, 08:20 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/cid_01a701c600412748460001fea8c0lea.gif

How are you glad, i am going to the game and wouldnt have it any other way!

stillers4me
01-06-2009, 08:25 PM
How are you glad, i am going to the game and wouldnt have it any other way!

I'll be in a warm bar with hot food, cold beer and 300 Steelers brethren waving Terrible Towels chanting, "Here we go, Steelers, Here we Go!"

And every once in a while someone will break out in "I gotta feeling.......Pittsburgh's goin' to the Superbowl!". Gotta love it! :tt03:

dbs
Disclaimer - Chargers Fan

I think if you are a player, with all that gear on, the adrenalin flowing, on the field 1/2 the time, that doesn't seem that cold. As long as the wind stays down. It's not like it is -13 or anything.

NO ADVANTAGE

HometownGal

Me too. :thumbsup:

randy06
01-06-2009, 08:27 PM

I think if you are a player, with all that gear on, the adrenalin flowing, on the field 1/2 the time, that doesn't seem that cold. As long as the wind stays down. It's not like it is -13 or anything.

NO ADVANTAGE

Sure pal, i wanna see Darren do his little stutter step on our field against our D:tt03:

dbs
I'll be in a warm bar with hot food, cold beer and 300 Steelers brethren waving Terrible Towels chanting, "Here we go, Steelers, Here we Go!"

And every once in a while someone will break out in "I gotta feeling.......Pittsburgh's goin' to the Superbowl!". Gotta love it! :tt03:

If you're sitting in the stands drinking cold beer - different story!!!

HometownGal

NO ADVANTAGE

Mkay. If you say so. Any football fan with a smidgeon of a brain cell knows that frigid temps can and usually do affect a game.

dbs
01-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Mkay. If you say so. Any football fan with a smidgeon of a brain cell knows that frigid temps can and usually do affect a game.
Point being - that isn't that frigid. These are professional football players - wearing 30 pounds of gear. Most would rather it be cold than hot. I'm getting ready (as in tomorrow) to go skiing where the temps will be in the single digits. As long as you're moving and dressed, 20's are nothing.

dbs
01-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Point being - that isn't that frigid. These are professional football players - wearing 30 pounds of gear. Most would rather it be cold than hot. I'm getting ready (as in tomorrow) to go skiing where the temps will be in the single digits. As long as you're moving and dressed, 20's are nothing.

I'd certainly rather be on the field than in the stands.

Preacher
01-06-2009, 08:32 PM

Yep. That ball becomes hard as a rock. Slippery to hold on too. Also, giving hits and receiving hits takes on a whole different element. When you are that cold and you are DOING the hitting, it isn't much different. But when you GET hit, and it is your body impacting the ground first, WOW does it hurt. Even more so because your body is cold and is tensed up more.

Winter of my senior year of High School, we had a cold snap.... idiot hockey coach still made us practice in the "outside" rink (it was a rink surrounded by concrete walls and a metal roof). It was 20 below plus windchill. . . and we skated AND STILL HAD CHECKING DRILLS.

Let me tell you, the cold MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

DBS.....

No, Skiing is VERY different. trust me, 0 degree windchill is going to be felt.

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 08:34 PM

Whatever you say there bud. O to -1 wind chill sure aint California.

Have a great time skiing! :drink:

Preacher
01-06-2009, 08:35 PM

Hey- - - it was 26 degrees here Sunday morning. . . I about froze my rear-end off waiting for my office to heat up!!

Fire Haley
01-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Point being - It's not the air temp - it's the frozen field condition that's important in this game.

The slick, icy, snowy muddy cow pasture will slow down Sproles and have him fumbling that hard rock when he gets blasted by 5 tacklers every run, that's what he'll be dealing with.

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Hey- - - it was 26 degrees here Sunday morning. . . I about froze my rear-end off waiting for my office to heat up!!

We've had rain and freezing rain on and off all day today and it's been in the mid 30's, but that's the end of our "warm spell". Brrrrrrrrrrr.

Preacher
01-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Point being - It's not the air temp - it's the frozen field condition that's important in this game.

The slick, icy, snowy muddy cow pasture will slow down Sproles and have him fumbling that hard rock when he gets blasted by 5 tacklers every run, that's what he'll be dealing with.

Yep. It will be a BIG equalizer.

This game may turn into another Miami game from last year. . . though not as noticeably bad in field conditions.

Preacher
01-06-2009, 08:38 PM
We've had rain and freezing rain on and off all day today and it's been in the mid 30's, but that's the end of our "warm spell". Brrrrrrrrrrr.

Yeah, I guess i shouldn't complain. It was back up into the 50's today! :chuckle:

dbs
01-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Yep. That ball becomes hard as a rock. Slippery to hold on too. Also, giving hits and receiving hits takes on a whole different element. When you are that cold and you are DOING the hitting, it isn't much different. But when you GET hit, and it is your body impacting the ground first, WOW does it hurt. Even more so because your body is cold and is tensed up more.

Winter of my senior year of High School, we had a cold snap.... idiot hockey coach still made us practice in the "outside" rink (it was a rink surrounded by concrete walls and a metal roof). It was 20 below plus windchill. . . and we skated AND STILL HAD CHECKING DRILLS.

Let me tell you, the cold MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

DBS.....

No, Skiing is VERY different. trust me, 0 degree windchill is going to be felt.

It's going to be 20 degrees - some but not a lot of wind - heaters on the bench - I believe even the balls are warmed. This doesn't sound like lake hockey at 20 below. 20 degrees isn't frigid.

SteelCityMom
01-06-2009, 08:39 PM

NO ADVANTAGE

Tell that to Tony Homo and the Cowboys. I just hope Rivers actually dresses like it's cold out there. For the life of me I'll never understand why little Tony felt he had to play Superman and come out with no sleeves or gloves and had his hand warmer turned around. That's one of the factors that cost them the game I'm sure of it.

On that note, I've noticed Ben actually plays better in inclement weather, he takes care of the football better and makes far less mistakes, his opponents however do not.

SD game - cold and snowing - No picks and 308 yards passing (Rivers 2 picks, 164 yards, 0 TDs)
NE game - cold and freezing rain - 1 pick and 179 yards with 2 TDs (Cassel 2 picks, 169 yards and 0 TD, not to mention something like 3 FFs)
Cincy game - cold and snowy - No picks and 243 yards with 1 TD (It's Cincy lol, they did horrible)
Dallas game - 7 degrees and windy - No picks and 204 yards with 1 TD (Romo 3 picks, 210 yards, 1 TD)

Preacher
01-06-2009, 08:41 PM
It's going to be 20 degrees - some but not a lot of wind - heaters on the bench - I believe even the balls are warmed. This doesn't sound like lake hockey at 20 below. 20 degrees isn't frigid.

You are failing to count windchill.

I guess you have never been to Heinz Field? When the wind comes off those rivers and sweeps into the stadium... WOW. I saw three flags literally blowing in 3 different directions at the same time, and it was ALL COLD.

Now, the Chargers may be able to handle it. But there is NO discounting how fridged 0 degrees is.

(Btw, that wasn't pond hockey, it was indoors on a rink. . . you think THAT was cold, the heaters in the locker rooms didn't work, and it was just a cement wall between you and the outdoors... NO ONE took showers that week!)

dbs
01-06-2009, 08:43 PM

Copper Mountain here I come!!!!

The 6am flight sucks but we'll be on the slopes at Keystone by 2 for some afternoon and night skiing. Then Sunday, knock off a little early (thank goodness for the late game) to watch some good football in the lodge.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I am going to the game 2 and I love the fact it is going 2 be cold

HometownGal
01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I believe even the balls are warmed.

You are referring to the pigskin, aren't ya? :chuckle:

As Killer so correctly stated above, the field is going to be frozen and with the rain we've had and the snow we're going to get, not in the best condition. The Steelers are used to playing in the HF slopyard, so I still gotta give them the advantage here.

P.S. Have a safe flight and have a lot of fun while you can. You won't be having fun come late Sunday afternoon. :chuckle:

Sharkissle29
01-07-2009, 02:48 AM

30 lbs? Wtf is ur team wearing, bullet proof shields??

BehindSteelCurtain
01-07-2009, 03:11 AM
Colder games are always more interesting.

Galax Steeler
01-07-2009, 04:11 AM
It should turn out to be a good game with those kind of temps.

steelpride12
01-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Colder weather=harder hits, more pain!

markymarc
01-07-2009, 07:56 AM
This is perfect playoff Steelers football weather. Boy Sunday is going to be fun. Would love to see snow come just in time for kickoff.

HometownGal
01-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Updated forecast for the game on Sunday. A little "warmer" but not by much.

Sunday, Jan 11
High: 28 °F RealFeel®: 18 °F
Mostly cloudy and breezy with a chance for a couple of snow showers

Sunday Night, Jan 11
Low: 26 °F RealFeel®: 16 °F
Considerable cloudiness with a couple of snow showers possible

stlrtruck
01-07-2009, 08:15 AM

I'm glad I'm watching the game in FL

TackleMeBen
01-07-2009, 09:32 AM
that is why real teams play outside and not in a dome...lol...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Now THAT.......would be what playoff football is all about!!!! I hope the forecast is true!!!

ts888
01-07-2009, 09:51 AM
does anyone know what the temp was when the Chargers came here in November?

Jammer
01-07-2009, 11:02 AM
It will be 28F by Kickoff... that is a no factor weather...

fansince'76
01-07-2009, 11:02 AM

Want to say it was in the 30s....

RoethlisBURGHer
01-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Does this guy realize that anything under 32 degrees farenheight is below freezing?

And yes, there are heaters on the sidelines, but none on the field. After about two minutes on the field, there won't be any heat left in the players from those heaters.

And if they keep the balls warm on the sideline, they freeze quickly on the field. There is no flexability at all to them, it becomes hard as a rock. Slippery too...which means it'll be hard to catch and hard to hold on to.

And then you have the condition of the cow pasture Heinz Field is. The field will be frozen, sloppy, and mud. It won't be like playing in sunny San Diego or in a temperature controlled dome on FieldTurf. Sproles won't be doing much, and the field should neutralize Antonio Gates speed.

ts888
01-07-2009, 11:35 AM

answering my own question here as I just looked it up.....in relation to last time the Bolts came here on Nov 16, it looks like it will be 8-10 degrees colder but slightly less windy and slightly less chance of snow. However, it's only Wednesday so weather forecasts can be way off.

HometownGal
01-07-2009, 11:38 AM
It will be 28F by Kickoff... that is a no factor weather...

What is with you Chargers fans???? :doh:

Here - I'll explain it to you again.

San Diego, California in January:

The Climate of San Diego, California is predominantly a semi-arid Mediterranean climate (Köppen climate classification BSh or Csa/Csb). It enjoys mild, sunny weather throughout the year.

Average monthly temperatures range from about 57 Fahrenheit (14 °C) in January to 72 Fahrenheit (22 °C) in July, although late summer and early autumn are typically the hottest times of the year. Snow and ice are rare in the wintertime, typically occurring only inland from the coast when present. "May gray and June gloom", a local saying, refers to the way in which San Diego sometimes has trouble shaking off the fog that comes in during those months. Temperatures soar to very high readings only on rare occasions, chiefly when easterly winds bring hot, dry air from the inland deserts (these winds are called "Santa Ana winds").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_San_Diego,_California

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in January:

The coldest month of the year is January, when the average high temperature is 37 °F (3 °C). Overnight low temperatures average 20 °F (−7 °C).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh,_Pennsylvania#Climate

Your boyz are used to playing in a warm, sunny climate pratically year round, including the winter months. Our boyz are used to playing in cold, overcast and sometimes snowy conditions in the winter months. What part of this are you not comprehending? :banging: Do the math kiddo.

westcoastransplant
01-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I flew out for the last Charger game in November, that was cold enough for me. Still, if I had tickets I would love to go. Just pack on a few extra layers.

The one advantage this should give is that Sproles speed will be limited. In that kind of cold, its hard to cut and get good footing, especially for a fast runner. You need a mudder. Now, I know we don't have the Bus anymore, Moore and Davis are capeable.

Jammer
01-07-2009, 11:48 AM
What is with you Chargers fans???? :doh:

Here - I'll explain it to you again.

San Diego, California in January:

The Climate of San Diego, California is predominantly a semi-arid Mediterranean climate (Köppen climate classification BSh or Csa/Csb). It enjoys mild, sunny weather throughout the year.

Average monthly temperatures range from about 57 Fahrenheit (14 °C) in January to 72 Fahrenheit (22 °C) in July, although late summer and early autumn are typically the hottest times of the year. Snow and ice are rare in the wintertime, typically occurring only inland from the coast when present. "May gray and June gloom", a local saying, refers to the way in which San Diego sometimes has trouble shaking off the fog that comes in during those months. Temperatures soar to very high readings only on rare occasions, chiefly when easterly winds bring hot, dry air from the inland deserts (these winds are called "Santa Ana winds").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_San_Diego,_California

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in January:

The coldest month of the year is January, when the average high temperature is 37 °F (3 °C). Overnight low temperatures average 20 °F (−7 °C).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh,_Pennsylvania#Climate

Your boyz are used to playing in a warm, sunny climate pratically year round, including the winter months. Our boyz are used to playing in cold, overcast and sometimes snowy conditions in the winter months. What part of this are you not comprehending? :banging: Do the math kiddo.

NEWS FLASH... i am from Montréal Canada i know what is cold and what its not... :)

28 F is bearly freezing weather... NOT all chargers players are from california some play college in cold spot i wouldn't bank a pittsburgh vistory on the Weather at 28F... at 0F or -5F with a windchield factor of -10F i would agree but 28F with not much wind and no precepitation is a non factor :tt:

Montréal weather

The coldest month of the year is January which has a daily average temperature of −10.4 °C (13 °F) — averaging a daily low of −14.9 °C (5.2 °F), colder than either Moscow (-10 °C) or Saint Petersburg (-6 °C).[citation needed] Due to wind chill, the perceived temperature can be much lower than the actual temperature, and wind chill factor is often included in Montreal weather forecasts. The warmest month is July which has an average daily high of 26.3 °C (79.3 °F); lower nighttime temperatures make an average of 20.9 °C (69.6 °F) thus air exchangers often achieve the same result as air conditioners. The lowest temperature ever recorded was −37.8 °C (−36.0 °F) on January 15, 1957 and the highest temperature ever was 37.6 °C (99.7 °F) on August 1, 1975.[18] High humidity is common in the summer which makes the perceived temperature higher than the actual temperature. In spring and autumn, rainfall averages between 55 and 94 millimetres (2.2 and 3.7 in) a month. Some snow in spring and autumn is normal. Similarly, late heat waves as well as "Indian summers" are a regular feature of the climate.[20]

2006 was noted as the only year in the history of Montreal when there were more inches of rain than of snow.[citation needed] There were 122.3 cm (48.1 in) of snow, and there were 122.5 cm (48.2 in) of rain. That year, Montreal received more rain than Vancouver, British Columbia.[21][22]

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Does this guy realize that anything under 32 degrees farenheight is below freezing?

And yes, there are heaters on the sidelines, but none on the field. After about two minutes on the field, there won't be any heat left in the players from those heaters.

And if they keep the balls warm on the sideline, they freeze quickly on the field. There is no flexability at all to them, it becomes hard as a rock. Slippery too...which means it'll be hard to catch and hard to hold on to.

And then you have the condition of the cow pasture Heinz Field is. The field will be frozen, sloppy, and mud. It won't be like playing in sunny San Diego or in a temperature controlled dome on FieldTurf. Sproles won't be doing much, and the field should neutralize Antonio Gates speed.

I think we should quit trying to explain weather and field conditions....

I dont think I am up to listening to them explain how "since Sproles is a small back , technically he has 'less skin' to absorb the cold temperatures, and his size will be a huge advantage at Heinz Field because he can hide behind a single blade of grass"

:banging::banging:

Jammer
01-07-2009, 11:50 AM
NEWS FLASH... i am from Montréal Canada i know what is cold and what its not... :)

28 F is bearly freezing weather... NOT all chargers players are from california some play college in cold spot i wouldn't bank a pittsburgh vistory on the Weather at 28F... at 0F or -5F with a windchield factor of -10F i would agree but 28F with not much wind and no precepitation is a non factor :tt:

If the Field is cover all week... the Grass wont be frozen at kickoff it is not Green Bay you know!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2009, 11:51 AM

Since your players DONT play in Montreal and HAVE lived in San Diego for the last year...they probably dont have your accute appreciation of the definition of "cold"

Jammer
01-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I think we should quit trying to explain weather and field conditions....

I dont think I am up to listening to them explain how "since Sproles is a small back , technically he has 'less skin' to absorb the cold temperatures, and his size will be a huge advantage at Heinz Field because he can hide behind a single blade of grass"

:banging::banging:

Sproles can hide behind a huge Left Tackle and a huge left guard :)

KeiselPower99
01-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Its Pittsburgh in January chances are itll be slightly cooler then San Deigo.

Jammer
01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Its Pittsburgh in January chances are itll be slightly cooler then San Deigo.

Perfect,
offensive linemen love to run block in that kind of cool weather...

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Sproles can hide behind a huge Left Tackle and a huge left guard :)

Have you ever seen a runningback BIGGER than a Tackle or Guard? :doh:

Jammer
01-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Have you ever seen a runningback BIGGER than a Tackel or Guard? :doh:

Jacobs of Giants :blah:

seriously... defense dont know on which side he is coming out 5,6 small

stlrtruck
01-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Jacobs of Giants :blah:

seriously... defense dont know on which side he is coming out 5,6 small

And then there is huge James Harrison waiting to cave in his chest!!! Or maybe it's Woodley, or Timmons, or Foote?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Jacobs of Giants

Uh...yeah...you know alot of 260 lbs tackles and guards do ya?:doh:

Jammer
01-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Uh...yeah...you know alot of 260 lbs tackles and guards do ya?:doh:

i know, almost as big... :hatsoff:

HometownGal
01-07-2009, 12:31 PM

Montréal weather

The coldest month of the year is January which has a daily average temperature of −10.4 °C (13 °F) — averaging a daily low of −14.9 °C (5.2 °F), colder than either Moscow (-10 °C) or Saint Petersburg (-6 °C).[citation needed] Due to wind chill, the perceived temperature can be much lower than the actual temperature, and wind chill factor is often included in Montreal weather forecasts. The warmest month is July which has an average daily high of 26.3 °C (79.3 °F); lower nighttime temperatures make an average of 20.9 °C (69.6 °F) thus air exchangers often achieve the same result as air conditioners. The lowest temperature ever recorded was −37.8 °C (−36.0 °F) on January 15, 1957 and the highest temperature ever was 37.6 °C (99.7 °F) on August 1, 1975.[18] High humidity is common in the summer which makes the perceived temperature higher than the actual temperature. In spring and autumn, rainfall averages between 55 and 94 millimetres (2.2 and 3.7 in) a month. Some snow in spring and autumn is normal. Similarly, late heat waves as well as "Indian summers" are a regular feature of the climate.[20]

2006 was noted as the only year in the history of Montreal when there were more inches of rain than of snow.[citation needed] There were 122.3 cm (48.1 in) of snow, and there were 122.5 cm (48.2 in) of rain. That year, Montreal received more rain than Vancouver, British Columbia.[21][22]

Ummmmm - the only non-factor here is you posting about the weather in Montreal. The game is being played in cold, frigid, blustery PITTSBURGH. :doh:

Ever been to Heinz Field in the winter months? There is an open end of the stadium which faces the rivers and when that wind comes off of those waterways, it makes 28 degrees feel like -10. The field will be atrocious with all of the rain we've had over the last 2 days and snow forecasted in the next several days.

I never said I am banking a Steelers W on the forecasted weather conditions. I said "Advantage: Steelers". An advantage is not a guarantee, just in case you didn't know that. :wink02:

Jammer
01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Ummmmm - the only non-factor here is you posting about the weather in Montreal. The game is being played in cold, frigid, blustery PITTSBURGH. :doh:

Ever been to Heinz Field in the winter months? There is an open end of the stadium which faces the rivers and when that wind comes off of those waterways, it makes 28 degrees feel like -10. The field will be atrocious with all of the rain we've had over the last 2 days and snow forecasted in the next several days.

I never said I am banking a Steelers W on the forecasted weather conditions. I said "Advantage: Steelers". An advantage is not a guarantee, just in case you didn't know that. :wink02:

Pittsburght not frigid my wife is :)

will see about the weather, but wont lose sleep over it...

RoethlisBURGHer
01-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Pittsburght not frigid my wife is :)

will see about the weather, but wont lose sleep over it...

That was just cold! :chuckle:

MACH1
01-07-2009, 02:08 PM

You have no clue!!!!

HometownGal
01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Poor little Diego boys are gonna be practicing in cold and snow tomorrow. Our boys are quite used to it.

WEATHER ADVISORY in effect for the Pittsburgh area

Pittsburgh, PA 5-Day Forecast
Friday, January 09, 2009 Metric | English

WeatherAlarm™!
Snow occurring on Jan 9 | Jan 10 | Jan 11 | Jan 12 | Jan 13. Total amount 12.4 Inches.

Currently at 6:38 PM
23 °F RealFeel®:21 °F
Snow And Fog
Humidity: 92% Dew Point: 21 °F
Pressure: 30.23 in Visibility: 1 Miles
Winds: S at 3 mph

Friday Night, Jan 9
Low: 23 °F RealFeel®: 21 °F
Periods of snow, accumulating an additional 1-2 inches

Saturday, Jan 10
High: 32 °F RealFeel®: 26 °F
Snow much of the time, accumulating an additional 3-6 inches

Saturday Night, Jan 10
Low: 21 °F RealFeel®: 13 °F
Mostly cloudy and cold with snow tapering to flurries, accumulating an additional 1-2 inches

Sunday, Jan 11
High: 26 °F RealFeel®: 20 °F
Mostly cloudy with a couple of snow showers

Sunday Night, Jan 11
Low: 21 °F RealFeel®: 11 °F
Patchy clouds

I know, I know Jammer - 21 degrees with a windchill of 11 degrees is warm. :doh:

markymarc
01-09-2009, 07:59 PM
When are people going to realize that the weather on Sunday will be a big time advantage for the Steelers. While no way does it mean we win, but the Bolt players will know cold weather when they leave the field on Sunday night.

Polamalu Princess
01-09-2009, 08:56 PM
What do you think about the weather on Sunday for playing on our field? We are supposed to have a lot of snow, but we shall see. I think that the Steelers do very well in inclement weather when they play at home – what do you think?:tt02:

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 09:30 PM
We got a good bit of snow today and are supposed to see a good bit tomorrow too, they're only calling for a chance of flurries for Sunday though. Who knows though, there's no way you can trust the weathermen around these parts lol, we could have a full out blizzard or sunny skies and 40 degrees and I wouldn't be surprised lol.

TeeJay
01-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Just don't ask Silverback that question!

But hopefully it'll give Rivers plenty of chances to make Snow Angels!

nojobny
01-09-2009, 09:35 PM
How does the forecast look for Saturday morning? My flight gets in at 7am but the weather channel has me worried.

Dodt
01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
as long as heniz field isn't like it was against miami i'll be happy.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
How does the forecast look for Saturday morning? My flight gets in at 7am but the weather channel has me worried.

LIVE: Doppler 11 Radar

Allegheny County

Winter Storm Warning:

Issued at: 10:37 PM EST 1/9/09, expires at: 6:45 AM EST 1/10/09

A winter storm warning remains in effect until 7 pm est Saturday.
A strong low pressure system will move through the Ohio valley later tonight and Saturday. Although snow will only accumulate one to two inches overnight, more significant precipitation will develop late tonight and be heavy at times into Saturday. Snow will mix with sleet and freezing rain on Saturday. Snowfall totals of 4 to 8 inches are expected with a coating of ice as well.
A winter storm warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet, and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.

To see the whole forecast go to http://www.wpxi.com/video/18450038/index.html

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Go Go snow, let's see Sproles, Hester, and Bennett slug it out in the snow against our D!!!!

GBMelBlount
01-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Just don't ask Silverback that question!

But hopefully it'll give Rivers plenty of chances to make Snow Angels!

Snow Angels...LOL!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Games in the snow are always interesting to watch.

nojobny
01-09-2009, 09:59 PM
LIVE: Doppler 11 Radar

Allegheny County

Winter Storm Warning:

Issued at: 10:37 PM EST 1/9/09, expires at: 6:45 AM EST 1/10/09

A winter storm warning remains in effect until 7 pm est Saturday.
A strong low pressure system will move through the Ohio valley later tonight and Saturday. Although snow will only accumulate one to two inches overnight, more significant precipitation will develop late tonight and be heavy at times into Saturday. Snow will mix with sleet and freezing rain on Saturday. Snowfall totals of 4 to 8 inches are expected with a coating of ice as well.
A winter storm warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet, and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.

To see the whole forecast go to http://www.wpxi.com/video/18450038/index.html

Sigh....usually the first flights make it out with minimal delays. (fingers crossed)

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Sigh....usually the first flights make it out with minimal delays. (fingers crossed)

Yes, hopefully your flight doesn't get delayed or delayed for too long and I hope you have a safe trip on the way here and while you're here. Have a great time at the game as well! :tt02:

nojobny
01-09-2009, 11:45 PM
thanks!!

Steeldude
01-10-2009, 12:52 AM
i hope the weather is good. i do not want any excuses about it being too cold, slippery, windy etc...

devo_17
01-10-2009, 01:11 AM
If it snows and LT isnt healthy to play the Chargers are in trouble. They are built for speed with Sproles in the backfield where as the Steelers are built to beat you up!

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 02:01 AM
I demand a snow update!!!!!

Polamalu43
01-10-2009, 02:09 AM
If it snows and LT isnt healthy to play the Chargers are in trouble. They are built for speed with Sproles in the backfield where as the Steelers are built to beat you up!

Dude LT is out for this game! even with sproles and his speed, with that weather and our D the guy will not get over 100 yards!!

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 02:14 AM
I demand a snow update!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNmvn1F4qkQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNmvn1F4qkQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Polamalu43
01-10-2009, 02:15 AM
^^^^^^ LMAO!!

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Haha, nice one mom. :)

Texasteel
01-10-2009, 06:43 AM
That ball will be so hard, the Chargers WRs will have a tough time protecting their manicures.

HometownGal
01-10-2009, 07:12 AM
There is a thread about the weather already. :doh::doh::banging: Posts merged.