PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Raven talk

joeyssteelcurtain
01-06-2009, 10:59 PM
:tt::tt:Is anyone else as sick as I am of hearing about how great the Ravens defense is and how they have esablished themselves as a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Peter King joined the growing ranks of so-called 'experts' who are predicting that Baltimore is going to the Super Bowl. Let's not forget that the Steelers beat them twice in the regular season and drove the ball 92 yards in their own house against that vaunted defense to win the last game they played.

There were two teams I simply loathed growing up a Steeler fan in the 70s. One was the Raiders and the other was the Cowboys. It's been a long time since I've had those loathsome feelings toward another team but I'm really starting to develop them again for the ravens. Even their coach, John Hairball, makes me sick with his arrogant demeanor and haughty attitude. I have been on record on this MB saying that I personally would rather face the Titans than to have to play the Ravens again but I'm starting to change my mind. Let them bring it on and take their third butt whipping from the Steelers this year and then let them think about that the entire off season. Let's get by the Chargers and then put the Ravens in their place!!

Sorry for venting, but I've had it up to my eyeballs with all of this Ravens love!

:helmet:

Danger DANJ
01-06-2009, 11:09 PM
I know how you feel, but besides the Steelers and possibly the Titans, I don't see anyone stopping the Ravens from winning the Super Bowl right now. With their D and the running game they have, they will be really hard to stop. If the Steelers get past the Chargers, I honestly don't know if I want to play the Ravens. It will be real hard to beat a team like that a third time.

SteelersinCA
01-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I say let the Titans handle them, I want the Titans. We have nothing to prove against the Ravens, the experts will stop talking if they lose. I want heads to roll in Nashville.

Steel_Bus_24
01-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Id rather play the Ravens at home then go to the crowd noise in Tenn, with our line

Our D would force Flacco to beat us and I don't think he can.

But I hate talking about any games besides the one ahead of us. The playoffs are a different animal and we better be ready to go to war on Sunday vs the Chargers.

Polamalu43
01-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Hope the ravens handle the ratbirds! i still want my payback!!

meelanova
01-07-2009, 03:01 AM

What?! :laughing:

BehindSteelCurtain
01-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Their D is good and they are a legitimate SB contender. I just want the Ravens to beat the Titans so I can stop hearing about the Titans.

Galax Steeler
01-07-2009, 03:34 AM

I think you meant that you hope the ravens beat the titans cause the ravens are the ratbirds.

Steelers & I
01-07-2009, 05:33 AM
I want the Ravens. I don't even care about the home field advantage, I just feel as if NO ONE pumps up the Steelers like the Ravens. Besides, Jeff Fisher has been pretty successful versus the Steelers, much more successful than the stinking Ravens.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Im tired of Ravens talk....

We beat them twice this year
(yes they were both close games and the were battles right to the end)

BUT......we beat them twice this year...
We are and always will be the better team than the RatBirds

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Their D is good and they are a legitimate SB contender. I just want the Ravens to beat the Titans so I can stop hearing about the Titans.

No I want the Steelers to have revenge for the Terrible Towel.....
Let the Steelers silence the Titans:tt02:

steelpride12
01-07-2009, 07:16 AM
They won a playoff game since 2001 of course there gonna get some respect even though they only did beat the Fins', and Flacco went 9-20 passing with no TD's.
The only person who deserves any respect on that team is Ed Reed. The Titans will end their glory next week.

stlrtruck
01-07-2009, 08:13 AM
To be honest with you, I hope they continue to hype up the ratbirds or whatever other team is out there and let the Steelers continue to go under the radar.

BullockBlitz
01-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Dont worry guys, the road to the superbowl will come through us! :thumbsup:

BullockBlitz
01-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Us meaning the Titans of course! :hatsoff:

Hines0wnz
01-07-2009, 11:00 AM
I will only care (or not) about Raven talk once the Steelers beat the Chargers. Until then it is merely white noise and means nothing.

Fire Haley
01-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Us meaning the Titans of course! :hatsoff:

I hear your center, Kevin Mawae, is hurt and might be OUT.

That would be a HUGE blow against the Ratbird D.

tylerdurden
01-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I don't know who I would be comfortable in playing next week. I'm sure hardcore fans like us will be nervous no matter who we play. I think both teams will present a challenge obviously. I would love to get some revenge on the Titans for beating us earlier in the year and for the towel incident. On the other hand it sure would be nice to be playing at home in the AFCCG against a rookie QB. Remember the AFCCG against the Pats in Ben's rookie year? Everyone was saying that Ben was worn down from the season and that resulted in his poor play. If the Ravens win this will be their 18th game in a row without a bye. Hopefully Flacco wil start to feel that same fatigue Ben felt. However, it's a toss up for me, let's just hope we take care of business this weekend. With all of the Chargers issues right now it would be a huge disappointment if we didn't win this game first.

Dino 6 Rings
01-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Let them talk. It bothers me not. Deep in their hearts the Ravens know, they can not beat the Steelers this year. They haven't, they can't, they won't.

Vis
01-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't care what anyone says or who they hype. We are capable of beating any team left in the playoffs. We are capable of losing to any team left in the playoffs.

memphissteelergirl
01-07-2009, 11:53 AM
As much as it pains me to do so, I'll give the Ratbirds their due:

Flacco is a good QB and will only get better
They have a solid run game
Their D is good and have a legit weapon in Ed Reed.

That said though, that does not take away the fact that:
Ray Lewis is a vastly overrated shell of his former self and
Suggs is a thug (well I had to get a couple of digs in somewhere) :chuckle:

jasonhightower
01-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Honestly I don't see the Ravens winning two road games to get to the SB. They've averaged about 3.3 yards per carry against us and with a rookie QB, I don't see it happening...

steel striker
01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
To it really does not matter who we play and, first thing first we must beat the bolts. I still say if we play turnover free football and lights out on the defense I don't see how we can lose.

Crow-Magnon
01-07-2009, 07:02 PM
I checked in here this evening to see what you guys and gals were talking about as far as the game against the Bolts was concerned. LT or no LT, etc.

I was not expecting this thread!

All this Raven love, as you put it, is very surprising to me. I could possibly see it a little after the game this Saturday if Baltimore takes down the Titans, but at this stage I think it's a little premature. Miami had a good season this year and will probably be better in 2009, but I don't think anyone really thought they would advance far in the playoffs. Granted, the Ravens defense made Pennington look like the Jets knew what they were doing when they let him go, but Flacco (while not throwing a pick) did not look particularly sharp. 9 for 23 for 135 yards and no TD passes is not going to cut the mustard in LP this Saturday.

If the Ravens did not have a rookie HC and QB, I think there would be less chatter about them then there is right now. And even less if Ryan and Atlanta had won.

All I know is this: there are four AFC teams left in the hunt for a SB title, and I think at least three have them have a legitimate shot. I'll leave it up to you to pick the three. :wave:

BozMan
01-07-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't care what anyone says or who they hype. We are capable of beating any team left in the playoffs. We are capable of losing to any team left in the playoffs.

:iagree:

Boltheads
01-07-2009, 08:29 PM
To it really does not matter who we play and, first thing first we must beat the bolts. I still say if we play turnover free football and lights out on the defense I don't see how we can lose.

Uhhhmmmm.....Chargers' special teams vs. Steelers' unspecial teams......duh.

cubanstogie
01-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Uhhhmmmm.....Chargers' special teams vs. Steelers' unspecial teams......duh.

I have never seen a team ride the back of their punter like this. Its really quite pathetic, and embarrassing.