PDA

View Full Version : NHL WINTER CLASSIC IN THE BURGH?

XxKnightxX
01-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Now I am not a big hockey fan but one thing I can tell for sure is that the Penguins seem to be the one of the best teams in the NHL and who have that steeler mentality with packed home games and massive travelers to away games.

there is an article in this website which I found very interesting.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_604727.html

From seeing the past 2 winter classics and how they draw massive crowds into the games, Man a Penguins game at Heinz Field or PNC park will just sell the whole damn place out and create an unbeleiveable atmosphere.

What do you guys think? Discuss....

steelpride12
01-07-2009, 08:12 AM
PNC Park is one of the best fields to visit in the league with a perfect view of the city and ight fireworks gorgeous.
In many years i could see a winter classic popping in the city.

KeiselPower99
01-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Ive been hearing more of Flyers and Pens at Beaver Stadium. Although one at Heinz would be pretty dang cool.

stlrtruck
01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I would rather they wait 2 years to do it so I can go visit my parents around Christmas time and schedule it when I've got my other children - then take the whole family to MD and my Princess to the game!

That would be awesome!

lambertlunaticfan
01-08-2009, 02:30 AM
im really surprised they didnt do it this year there,and i think they were thinking of having the wings and penguins play at heinz...a rematch of the cup kind of thing...and the fact "the kid" is the poster boy of the league.......but i think when the yankees backed out of them using yankee stadium like they had slated as the game this season,they were looking for another "historic" stadium and its my understanding that the hawks were really begging them to have the game there.....and were upset when they said the rangers would get the game....i would look for them to do a game there either next season..........alright- i will go on record right now and say they will do the winter classic next season there.......:tt:

Sharkissle29
01-08-2009, 02:32 AM
I've heard talks about them having it at PNC one year. the one at wrigley was awesome

westcoastransplant
01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Since the Pens played in the game a couple seasons ago, I don't think they'll get it next year. Since I'm from Boston, I would like to see a Bruins-Canadiens game in Fenway Park. I have heard rumors of putting it in the new Yankee Stadium with the Rangers.

pittsburghp8baller
01-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Since the Pens played in the game a couple seasons ago, I don't think they'll get it next year. Since I'm from Boston, I would like to see a Bruins-Canadiens game in Fenway Park. I have heard rumors of putting it in the new Yankee Stadium with the Rangers.

i had heard that they wouldnt do it in fenway because they are planning construction at fenway the next few years during the off-season (according to one of my friends who is from boston and travels back and forth frequently.

if anything id like to see Penguins-Flyers at Beaver Stadium or maybe Rangers-Islanders somewhere in New York (the new Giants/Jets Stadium whenever that opens)

westcoastransplant
01-14-2009, 07:54 PM
i had heard that they wouldnt do it in fenway because they are planning construction at fenway the next few years during the off-season (according to one of my friends who is from boston and travels back and forth frequently.

if anything id like to see Penguins-Flyers at Beaver Stadium or maybe Rangers-Islanders somewhere in New York (the new Giants/Jets Stadium whenever that opens)

If the Pens are going to play, then I would think they would put it at Heinz Field instead of Beaver Stadium. I know hte latter holds more but the NHL would probably want to keep it in Pittsburgh.

As far as Fenway goes, I know Henry and the ownership group have done remodels of the stadium ever since they bought the team. Its going to insure that we have a centinial celebration for Fenway in 2012. I'll definately be making it back home for that. But I'm sure that they can come to find a way of having the game there. If not, they can always play at Gillette in Foxboro. I just like t he idea of two of the origninal 6 again playing, especially the rivalry of the Bruins and Habs.

pittsburghp8baller
01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
If the Pens are going to play, then I would think they would put it at Heinz Field instead of Beaver Stadium. I know hte latter holds more but the NHL would probably want to keep it in Pittsburgh.

As far as Fenway goes, I know Henry and the ownership group have done remodels of the stadium ever since they bought the team. Its going to insure that we have a centinial celebration for Fenway in 2012. I'll definately be making it back home for that. But I'm sure that they can come to find a way of having the game there. If not, they can always play at Gillette in Foxboro. I just like t he idea of two of the origninal 6 again playing, especially the rivalry of the Bruins and Habs.

i think the idea of it being at beaver stadium would only be done if they played the flyers as a way to make it more of a neutral feel to the game.

JackHammer
01-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Buffalo @ Pittsburgh for the re-match, played at PNC Park. That view is priceless.