PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer

SteelCurtain
12-21-2005, 12:42 PM
I was reading in an old issue of ESPN the magazinethe other day and it stated that Carson Palmer is 6' 5", 232 lbs, runs a 4.65 40, and benches 385 lbs. To me that is pretty impressive for a quarterback. I'm by no means a small guy, 6' 3", 215 lbs, max bench 325 lbs and in high school I ran a 4.7...he dwarfs me and that doesn't happen very often especially by quarterbacks. The thing that impresses me most about his stats is his bench press, that is a lot of weight especially for someone who looks strong, but doesn't look like they could throw up that kind of weight. This interests me and I wonder what the stats of the other quarterbacks in the league look like compared to Palmer, especially Big Ben's. He isn't a small guy either. Anyone know where I could find these kind of stats?

clevestinks
12-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Neil Odonnel benched around 450 lbs. for some comparison

BB2W
12-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Here are some numbers I found on Ben from his personel workout at Miami (OH) prior to the draft...

- 4.75 in the 40-yard dash
- 11.8 on a three-cone agility drill.
- 340 pound bench press
- 316 pound power clean
- 32 inch vertical jump

SteelCurtain
12-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Those aren't bad stats Ben has, for some reason I just don't see Neil O'Donnel benching 450lbs, 350 maybe thats a long shot I think, but if he really did props to him

BB2W
12-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I just don't see Neil O'Donnel benching 450lbs, 350 maybe thats a long shot I think, but if he really did props to him
It's true... They would bring this up sometimes during games back in his day as the Steelers starting QB. At one time I remember them saying he bencehd more than each of his offensive lineman. He may not look like it, but Neil can pump some iron...

tony hipchest
12-21-2005, 04:14 PM
wow thats crazy about neil. isnt vinnie testaverde a weightroom wizard also?

SteelCurtain
12-21-2005, 08:01 PM
It's true... They would bring this up sometimes during games back in his day as the Steelers starting QB. At one time I remember them saying he bencehd more than each of his offensive lineman. He may not look like it, but Neil can pump some iron...

that's simply amazing, I never would have thought

Sharkissle29
12-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Here are some numbers I found on Ben from his personel workout at Miami (OH) prior to the draft...

- 4.75 in the 40-yard dash
- 11.8 on a three-cone agility drill.
- 340 pound bench press
- 316 pound power clean
- 32 inch vertical jump
brothas got some springs in those knees

clevestinks
12-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Neil had some guns on him! Actually when I mentioned a 450 lb. bench I hope I didn`t cut him short!
Ben doesn`t look like he benches 340, but I do believe it!

CantStop85
12-21-2005, 09:26 PM
I was reading in an old issue of ESPN the magazinethe other day and it stated that Carson Palmer is 6' 5", 232 lbs, runs a 4.65 40, and benches 385 lbs. To me that is pretty impressive for a quarterback. I'm by no means a small guy, 6' 3", 215 lbs, max bench 325 lbs and in high school I ran a 4.7...he dwarfs me and that doesn't happen very often especially by quarterbacks. The thing that impresses me most about his stats is his bench press, that is a lot of weight especially for someone who looks strong, but doesn't look like they could throw up that kind of weight. This interests me and I wonder what the stats of the other quarterbacks in the league look like compared to Palmer, especially Big Ben's. He isn't a small guy either. Anyone know where I could find these kind of stats?
Carson definitely needs to use his scrambling ability just a bit more...about as much as Ben.

LondonSteeler
12-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Neil had some guns on him! Actually when I mentioned a 450 lb. bench I hope I didn`t cut him short!
Ben doesn`t look like he benches 340, but I do believe it!

wow 450 is very impressive ive spoken to plenty of competition bodybuilders who couldnt get near that!

BB2W
12-21-2005, 11:08 PM
brothas got some springs in those knees
That is a pretty good vertical for a 6-4 250 lbs. quarterback...

He's an athlete... he also played shortstop for his high school baseball team, and point gaurd for the basketball team.

clevestinks
12-22-2005, 06:37 AM
wow 450 is very impressive ive spoken to plenty of competition bodybuilders who couldnt get near that!
Body builders are different animals, They lift for size and not power. And thier always keeping thier body fat down, so its tougher to get stronger. With the supplement company I work for, I set a booth a bodybuilding show, and I talk to them all the time. They are not interested in strenght, just size.

Suitanim
12-22-2005, 08:08 AM
It used to be prototypical QB size was 6'0"-6'2" 190-200, and anything bigger than that was kind of freakish. Now a player like Jake Plummer at 6'2" 212 is considered almost too small to play the position.

I think I posted up here awhile back that Daunte Culpepper at 270 lbs was bigger than all but like 5-6 Offensive Lineman in the HOF.

LondonSteeler
12-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Body builders are different animals, They lift for size and not power. And thier always keeping thier body fat down, so its tougher to get stronger. With the supplement company I work for, I set a booth a bodybuilding show, and I talk to them all the time. They are not interested in strenght, just size.

yup yup, good point, but neil o'donnell isnt built like your average powerlifter either though :grin:
besides, all competition bodybuilders are on large doses of gear, whereas o'donnell wasnt (i presume)
450lbs is serious weight even for your average powerlifter !!:smile:

clevestinks
12-22-2005, 09:24 AM
yup yup, good point, but neil o'donnell isnt built like your average powerlifter either though :grin:
besides, all competition bodybuilders are on large doses of gear, whereas o'donnell wasnt (i presume)
450lbs is serious weight even for your average powerlifter !!:smile:
No doubt there! Even when I was younger and pounding weights in the gym , I never came close to that weight. The guy I pedal supplements for Rich Gaspari, Gaspari Nutrition, was runner up Mr.Olympia, three times. This is as big as it gets. Rich told me that he never benched 400 lbs. He is 43 years old now, and benches around 300 lbs. But when he was in town and we worked out together earlier this year, he was doing dumbell shoulder presses with 130lb. dumbells. Thats impressive.

LondonSteeler
12-22-2005, 10:18 AM
im looking through his pics now, he looks amazing, wow, it must be a real boost to work out with a pro like that, id certainly pick his brain.
what sort of supps do you sell, creatine & pro hormones etc?

Steel - X
12-22-2005, 10:37 AM
He is the distrbutor for Barry Bonds agent and Giambi's. So I am really not sure but I can guarantee you that they are good if he has those guys as clients.

clevestinks
12-22-2005, 12:20 PM
im looking through his pics now, he looks amazing, wow, it must be a real boost to work out with a pro like that, id certainly pick his brain.
what sort of supps do you sell, creatine & pro hormones etc?
Pro hormones are banned as of Jan 20 2005. We have Nitric Oxides, testosterone booster, pre workout NO, creatines, Protein powders, weightloss supplements. You can see on his website www.gasparinutrition.com. My own website should be up and running late Jan. musil.com, for wholesale supplements. If anybody ever needs , I will sell at cost to you all. Gaspari or Vyotech products!

Steel - X
12-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Hey cleve my a$$'s resolution for next year is to get into better shape. Got any good work out/diet charts etc.?

clevestinks
12-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Hey cleve my a$$'s resolution for next year is to get into better shape. Got any good work out/diet charts etc.?
We can come up with something for you, if you PM me your goals, size, how many days you can workout, what type of equipment you have access to. On my new site i`ll be having a before and after section maybe we can get you on there!