PDA

View Full Version : Ravens or Titans?

Burghfan58
01-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Assuming the Black and Gold take care of business on Sunday, would you rather the Steelers play the Ravens at the Burg or Titans on the road. Either option offers some challenges.
Ravens: Defense and balanced attack with Flacco gaining confidence.
Titans: tough running game and decent Defense and home crowd advantage.
Let's hope they beat the heII out of each other.

I'd like another shot at the Titans but there's nothing like a home game in the playoffs.
:tt03::helmet::tt03::helmet:

drizze99
01-07-2009, 12:30 PM
I know it would be nice to host an AFC Championship game at the burgh but this year I would rather travel to Titan country and kick their asses in front of their home fans..... I am still pissed about what fatboy did with the terrible towel.

Revenge is a dish best served cold....

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I think the Titans are the weaker team. Ravens D is playing well and their run game with McLain is solid.

Have to consider that the Titans only won the game in Baltimore because of a bogus roughing the passer penalty that kept the Titans game winning drive alive and they should have lost to Baltimore.....which I think will happen this weekend.

Hammer67
01-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I never assume...especially against the Chargers in the playoffs. Didn't anyone see the AFC championship in '94? We all assumed then....

bradness113
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
ill take either one. but we MUST take care of business first.

Titans- Revenge is a bitch...dont disrespect the towel OR Pittsburgh.

Ravens- Would love for them to get their hopes up, only to come to pitt and get their dreams crushed.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I never assume...especially against the Chargers in the playoffs. Didn't anyone see the AFC championship in '94? We all assumed then....

That was over 10 years ago. It's history. Different team, different players, different head coach. It's irrelivent to this year.

nickelbolt
01-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Tennessee is gonna beat Baltimore. Jeff Fisher will have those guys spittin' venom and they'll wear out that Baltimore defense.

I think they win by 10(essee)

BullockBlitz
01-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Titans fan here. We all are rooting to get the Steelers, Chargers are playing good in every aspect of the game right now, they have too much momentum. The Steelers have a crappy O-line that wont be able to handle our 100% healthy D-line. Imagine how it is going to look when Haynesworth and VandenBosch are back in the line up.

So im rooting for the steelers!

:tt:

tony hipchest
01-07-2009, 01:06 PM
i wish haynesorth would stomp on t. suggs head.

SCSTILLER
01-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Personally I would rather play the Titans! Reason being, it is hard to beat a team three times in one year. Look at the Giants from last year, they walked into Dallas and beat them after losing to Dallas twice that year.

Besides, a little revenge in the name of the Terrible Towel would be nice

MathWiz
01-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Assuming the Black and Gold take care of business on Sunday,

That is a big assumption. It is a cliche, but every coach says it

One Game at a Time.

Charles

westcoastransplant
01-07-2009, 01:35 PM
We have to, and should be able to, take care of business this Sunday. The Bolts will be tough but I think our team is a little better.

I would like another crack at the Titans for some good old fassion revenge. Plus, our track record for AFCCG 's sucks a little at home.

memphissteelergirl
01-07-2009, 01:35 PM
The Chargers...we have to play them first. Let those a-holes (i.e., Titans and Ratbirds) fight it out among themselves.

westcoastransplant
01-07-2009, 01:38 PM
The Chargers...we have to play them first. Let those a-holes (i.e., Titans and Ratbirds) fight it out among themselves.

I like the idea of them slugging it out against eachother. There will be some sore players coming out of that game.

Burghfan58
01-07-2009, 01:44 PM
That is a big assumption. It is a cliche, but every coach says it

One Game at a Time.

Charles

This is from a fans perspective. I assure you that the Steelers are not jumping ahead of this game.

baphamet
01-07-2009, 01:54 PM
i remember when the ravens and chargers fans talked like this in 2006, both teams lost their game. i hope the same happens this year, keep it up guys. :applaudit:

JMS55
01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO ON A REVENGE TOUR TO TENNESSEE. THEY NEED TO PAY FOR DISRESPECTING THE TERRIBLE TOWEL. NOBOBY STEPS ON THE TOWEL AND NOBODY STEPS ON MYRON. MAKE NO MISTAKE, WE WILL REMEMBER THAT DAY WE PLAYED THE TITANS AND SO WILL THEY. THEIR FATE HAS BEEN SEALED. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS LOOK AT THE BUNGLES. AFTER HOOS YOUR MAMA STEPPED ON THE TOWEL AND CLEANED HIS CLEATS, THEIR SEASON AND FRANCHISE WERE DOOMED. THEY HAVEN'T HAD A WINNING SEASON SINCE.

GO STEELERS!

stlrtruck
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
This is from a fans perspective. I assure you that the Steelers are not jumping ahead of this game.

That's the beauty of being a fan, you can easily look past one game to the next.

But it's still best, even from a fan's perspective, to keep your eye on today's prize. Tomorrow's will be here soon enough.

HometownGal
01-07-2009, 02:39 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO ON A REVENGE TOUR TO TENNESSEE. THEY NEED TO PAY FOR DISRESPECTING THE TERRIBLE TOWEL. NOBOBY STEPS ON THE TOWEL AND NOBODY STEPS ON MYRON. MAKE NO MISTAKE, WE WILL REMEMBER THAT DAY WE PLAYED THE TITANS AND SO WILL THEY. THEIR FATE HAS BEEN SEALED. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS LOOK AT THE BUNGLES. AFTER HOOS YOUR MAMA STEPPED ON THE TOWEL AND CLEANED HIS CLEATS, THEIR SEASON AND FRANCHISE WERE DOOMED. THEY HAVEN'T HAD A WINNING SEASON SINCE.

GO STEELERS!

Hi JMS55 and welcome! :wave:

Could you please stop posting in ALL CAPS? Our board COC prohibits it.

Thanks!

westcoastransplant
01-07-2009, 02:44 PM
i remember when the ravens and chargers fans talked like this in 2006, both teams lost their game. i hope the same happens this year, keep it up guys. :applaudit:

I agree in hoping that the Chargers and Ravens lose again.

Ministry of Steel
01-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Personally I would rather play the Titans! Reason being, it is hard to beat a team three times in one year. Look at the Giants from last year, they walked into Dallas and beat them after losing to Dallas twice that year.

I agree.. the 3 times in a season is nearly impossible to do. Happened to the Cowboys last year and the Packers to the Vikings a few years back as well.. I still think we can beat either of them, but I'd personally prefer facing the Titans again.

tylerdurden
01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I don't know who I would be comfortable in playing next week. I'm sure hardcore fans like us will be nervous no matter who we play. I think both teams will present a challenge obviously. I would love to get some revenge on the Titans for beating us earlier in the year and for the towel incident. On the other hand it sure would be nice to be playing at home in the AFCCG against a rookie QB. Remember the AFCCG against the Pats in Ben's rookie year? Everyone was saying that Ben was worn down from the season and that resulted in his poor play. If the Ravens win this will be their 18th game in a row without a bye. Hopefully Flacco wil start to feel that same fatigue Ben felt. However, it's a toss up for me, let's just hope we take care of business this weekend. With all of the Chargers issues right now it would be a huge disappointment if we didn't win this game first.

Hammer67
01-07-2009, 03:20 PM
That was over 10 years ago. It's history. Different team, different players, different head coach. It's irrelivent to this year.

Not the assuming part. We should learn from history not to assume you will win a "gimme" game. It has nothing to do with players now vs. then.

:doh:

Hammer67
01-07-2009, 03:22 PM

GO STEELERS!

Why are you YELLING!!!!!??????!!!!

Preacher
01-07-2009, 03:29 PM

I Would MUCH rather meet the Ravens.

Statistically, a team that wins two games from another team, if they meet them a third time, wins that third game 67% of the time.

So yeah, bring on the Ravens.

(Here is the raw data set for the percentage).

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/010708dnsponfl3wins.19ede6b.html

Preacher
01-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Why are you YELLING!!!!!??????!!!!

Probably hasn't been introduced to Netiquette yet.

The Duke
01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I Would MUCH rather meet the Ravens.

Statistically, a team that wins two games from another team, if they meet them a third time, wins that third game 67% of the time.

So yeah, bring on the Ravens.

(Here is the raw data set for the percentage).

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/010708dnsponfl3wins.19ede6b.html

I knew the "can't beat a team 3 times" was overated. The ravens can be beaten, the steelers know how to

I want that 3rd win against them :tt02:

That, and the titans defensive line with haynesworth and vanden bosch scares me. Let them get revegnge on the titans next season, when haynesworth is enjoying his new fat contract in dallas or miami

TheWarDen86
01-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Assuming the Black and Gold take care of business on Sunday, would you rather the Steelers play the Ravens at the Burg or Titans on the road. Either option offers some challenges.
Ravens: Defense and balanced attack with Flacco gaining confidence.
Titans: tough running game and decent Defense and home crowd advantage.
Let's hope they beat the heII out of each other.

I'd like another shot at the Titans but there's nothing like a home game in the playoffs.
:tt03::helmet::tt03::helmet:

TITANS!!! I want payback for Towel-Gate. lol :tt02:

TheWarDen86
01-07-2009, 04:46 PM
I knew the "can't beat a team 3 times" was overated. The ravens can be beaten, the steelers know how to

I want that 3rd win against them :tt02:

That, and the titans defensive line with haynesworth and vanden bosch scares me. Let them get revegnge on the titans next season, when haynesworth is enjoying his new fat contract in dallas or miami

That'd be sweet though too.

GutterflowerSteel
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd rather see the TITANS for the championship game - here's hoping they crush the Raisins so we can go back to their house and take 'em down! :tt03: Flacco's gonna hit the rookie wall this weekend - buhbye ... :popcorn:

SBL1721
01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Ravens baby!! OH SNAP!!:flap:

nickelbolt
01-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Seriously though. Is the towel thing really that big of a deal?

I mean, I know the fans wanna chatter about it.

But do the players really give a shit? What's the word from the locker room?

westcoastransplant
01-07-2009, 05:34 PM

I mean, I know the fans wanna chatter about it.

Remember the last time a team disrespected the towel. Cowher showed them the video right before they went to play the same team, the Bunguls. It lit an extra fire under them to go out and kick some butt. They stomped on a symbol of the Steelers. How did you feel when the Patriots were mimicking the "lights out" dance? Its kind of the same thing.

jdsdaguy
01-07-2009, 05:39 PM
so what happened when the cheats dissed the chargers. noone got mad? i seem to recall that alot of people where whinning about that.

steelreserve
01-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I honestly don't care about either of those teams until after we play the Chargers. You do remember that we have to beat them first or nothing else matters, right?

And anyway, we've got no control over who we'd face. All we can do is win our game, and then we're going to play who we're going to play, period. Neither one's going to be a cakewalk, but then again neither is the game this week.

SteelersGirlTN7
01-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Titans fan here. We all are rooting to get the Steelers, Chargers are playing good in every aspect of the game right now, they have too much momentum. The Steelers have a crappy O-line that wont be able to handle our 100% healthy D-line. Imagine how it is going to look when Haynesworth and VandenBosch are back in the line up.

Be careful what you wish for!!

If you think you saw the best of the Steelers on 12/21 then I guess you've never seen another Steelers game all year! All those turnovers will not happen every game! If I remember correctly Ben hadn't thrown a pick in 131 passes before that day, btw. Also our defense will also not play as seemingly vanilla as they played that day.

Of course the Steelers will have to take care of business on Sunday!! I think they can do it! So that being said, as nice as it would be to have a home game for the AFCCG, knowing the Steelers past history with home games, I won't be heartbroken if we have to come to Tennessee for some sweet revenge!! I won't really be rooting for either team, cuz I just can't bring myself to do it LOL So whatever happens, happens!

So, if you want to see the Steelers back in town, make sure your team takes care of their business on Sat afternoon!

GO STEELERS!!!

filthyfan
01-07-2009, 06:53 PM

GO STEELERS!

...JM speaks the truth...if the TT's win Saturday and we take care of our house Sunday....in the words of Ditka....."they better bring their lunch boxes"....
Man...if that situation unfolds the Steelers staff have got to have pics and run video of those fat loosers disgracing the towel and talking their smack.....talk about fuel for the fight baby....wow i hope we get the opportunity to shove that back in their face.....in their house....:mad::mad::mad:

TeeJay
01-07-2009, 07:19 PM

I can see why you're not a Steeler.

Just be thankful it wasn't a San Diego player who did it.

Michael Keller
01-07-2009, 07:52 PM
I would certainly rather play the Titans. They are one of the weakest number one seeds in a long time if not ever. Way over rated. The Steelers were understandbly flat last game and it would be a pleasure to go down there and show the good people of Tennesee and the rest of the nation why the Steelers have 5 Super Bowls and they don"t and won"t. I like the Steelers on the road.

tony hipchest
01-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Seriously though. Is the towel thing really that big of a deal? :yep:

But do the players really give a shit? What's the word from the locker room?oh yeah. several commented. they say you just dont do that. ultimate disrespect. and its not just the disrespect of them, that pisses them off, its the disrespect of the entire fanbase and ultimately the legend and memory of myron cope.

it may be hard for other fans to understand but the steelers are a very family oriented organization and they all look out for their own. myron cope is kinda like 2nd to art rooney sr. in steelers lore. now imagine what joe greene or jack lambert would do if another player blatantly stomped on "the chief". :mad:

there would be hell to pay and it would come tenfold.

i tell you what... give philip rivers a throwback dick lebeau jersey and have him throw it down and stomp it into the mud infront of harrison before the game and see what happens. :chuckle:

HometownGal
01-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Gee - wonder why none of the pundits are even talking about the Titans.:noidea: I'd love nothing more than to play your overrated team again - with pleasure. I can guarantee you that this time around, your team won't be the beneficiary of any gifts from Ben.

If I was you, I'd be more worried about that Shamu of a RB who is likely to keel over running with all of that flab floppin' from that enormous gut of his. Maybe if Mike Murphy decides to make another Austin Powers sequel, that fat slob could audition for the role of Fat Bastard. :pig:

:confused: What team were we talking about again? I forgot. :confused:

stillers4me
01-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I would certainly rather play the Titans. They are one of the weakest number one seeds in a long time if not ever. Way over rated. The Steelers were understandbly flat last game and it would be a pleasure to go down there and show the good people of Tennesee and the rest of the nation why the Steelers have 5 Super Bowls and they don"t and won"t. I like the Steelers on the road.

And to see that stadium filled with Terrible Towels........sweeeeet!

Boltheads
01-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Typical Steeler Fans....overlooking the Bolts just like the last two times we played you in the playoffs.

Looking forward to Sunday!!

Steel4eva
01-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Rats! AFCCG in OUR HOUSE with OUR FANS, yeah thats right!

regarding the punks in Tennessee, check the schedule for next season and see who has to come to OUR HOUSE...oh yeah, if its not this season, WE WILL GET REVENGE for the towel incident...MARK IT DOWN!

GO STEELERS!