PDA

View Full Version : Even if we lose - Lucky to be a Steelers fan

steelerchad
01-07-2009, 03:45 PM
I believe we're going to put our best offensive performance of the season together this weekend and move on to the championship game.

But just incase we don't, I'll still feel lucky to be a Steeler fan. Even though it may take me a day or 2 to get over a loss, they've given us another great season to enjoy. 12-4 exceeded most expectations and the defense has been phenominal this year.

I've got some friends who are not Steeler fans that will take joy in my misery if we lose. But the fact is, their teams aren't playing anymore and they wish they were. I know it's all about winning the SuperBowl and that is the ultimate goal. But there is something to be said for being competitive year in and year out.

This team has given us meaningful football to watch almost every December and more times than not into January. In my lifetime (38 years) they've made the playoffs 24 times. We've gotten the benefit of enjoying those additional games with a chance to win it all while many other fans haven't. How would you like to be a Bengals fan, whose team is out of the race by November 75% of the time.

Enjoy the rest of the games this year, all 3 of them I hope.

kmsteelerwr15
01-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Hell Ya!!!!!! but imagine how lucky we are that we arent gonna lose :tt02:

donny c
01-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Well said Steelerchad . I've seen every game this year and swear we 're doing it by smoke and mirrors but I don't care as long as we end up hoisting that Lombardi trophy again this year.

The_WARDen
01-07-2009, 04:00 PM
uh...yeah.

Pass that koolaid!

millwalldavey
01-07-2009, 04:19 PM
TRUE TIL DEATH!

TeeJay
01-07-2009, 05:39 PM
A Steeler is a fan for life........something a lot of other 'fans' need to remember.

Which is why you'll never hear about a Titan Nation, a patriot nation :rofl:, a Raven Nation, a Brown Nation :rofl:, or any other freaking nation, including The United Nations! :wave:

It's a Steeler Nation baby........whatever happens.....win or lose....Black and Gold to the end!

It's a Steeler thing.....and it's f**king good

steelreserve
01-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Heh ... I usually ride the bus home with a friend who's a Raiders fan. That puts things in perspective.

bradness113
01-07-2009, 05:57 PM
yes...EVEN if we lose...we are lucky to b steeler fans...

but y even post this.

Everyone knows this.

WE GOT THIS!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

jdsdaguy
01-07-2009, 05:59 PM
am'en brother!!!! i've been a steelers fan since i started watching football. watching the steelers play is like a drug to me. its a rush that i have never been able to duplicate untill my son started playing this year. now , every practice and every game i have visions of him in the black and gold, and the funny thing is.... he does too. i hope some day he is as proud to wear those colors as i will be of him.:tt02:

Steel4eva
01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
so true! its an honor to be a STEELERS fan...i'll love em to death until the day i die!

markymarc
01-08-2009, 06:29 AM
No doubt it's been a great run this season, but the run can't stop on Sunday! That's what makes the Steeler Nation so great, the fans are very passionate and excited about their team. Black and Gold until death :tt02:

HometownGal
01-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Being a Steelers fan isn't just an honor - - - it's a PRIVILEGE.

I'll be right there where I've been for 40+ season - beside them - win or lose (though I believe in my heart we ARE going to win on Sunday). :tt03::tt02::tt03:

Da 'Burgh
01-08-2009, 08:10 AM
reading this thread almost brought tears to my eyes...and DEFINITELY gave me goosebumps. THIS IS THE REASON WE ARE A 'NATION'
GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Da 'Burgh
01-08-2009, 08:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHDgC76n5M
In celebration of Pittsburgh's 250th anniversary this video a tribute to the worldwide fans of the Steeler Nation and the great Pittsburgh Steelers. When the steel mills closed and the jobs were gone, Pittsburgh's
Steeler Fans migrated to all parts of the globe. You can find them on Sunday in Steeler Bars around the world. When the Steelers visit their new towns, they turn out by the thousands to cheer on their hometown team. This video is
set to the Rap-Rock Steeler Nation by the Big G - the Granati Brothers.

Steel4eva
01-08-2009, 08:35 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKHDgC76n5M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKHDgC76n5M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
In celebration of Pittsburgh's 250th anniversary this video a tribute to the worldwide fans of the Steeler Nation and the great Pittsburgh Steelers. When the steel mills closed and the jobs were gone, Pittsburgh's
Steeler Fans migrated to all parts of the globe. You can find them on Sunday in Steeler Bars around the world. When the Steelers visit their new towns, they turn out by the thousands to cheer on their hometown team. This video is
set to the Rap-Rock Steeler Nation by the Big G - the Granati Brothers.

where is the link? i couldnt click on it

Da 'Burgh
01-08-2009, 09:00 AM
where is the link? i couldnt click on it

FIXED sorry...still new at this:noidea:

joeyssteelcurtain
01-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Great thread and yes we are ever year the steelers are right in the hunt come playoff time BUT we will not loose

TackleMeBen
01-08-2009, 10:01 AM
losing isnt an option....:tt02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I dont see it as lucky to be a Steelers fan, but just enjoyable. I've been a fan for over 30 years and seen good times and bad, but stay true to my allegiance.

I know other guys that just like football and seem to switch teams every 5-7 years based on their performance. They dont seem to have the passion for the game like true fans. I respect my buddy that is a Browns fan for sticking with them more than the fair weather fans.

memphissteelergirl
01-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Win or Lose
Good Times and Bad
Black and Gold 4-Eva!!

Waving the TT proudly!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

stlrtruck
01-08-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm not lucky to be a Steelers fan...

I'm BLESSED to be a STEELERS FAN!

kmsteelerwr15
01-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm not lucky to be a Steelers fan...

I'm BLESSED to be a STEELERS FAN!

you know i think i like that one better :tt02:

Steel4eva
01-08-2009, 11:43 AM
FIXED sorry...still new at this:noidea:

awesome, thank you!

everybody needs to watch this!:tt03:

tony hipchest
01-08-2009, 11:52 AM
i like this old saying-

Steelers born,
and Steelers bred.
And when I die,
Im Steelers dead.

we should be thankful were not chargerfans who have to suffer through all the 1-15 and 4-12 seasons.

MathWiz
01-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Well said Steelerchad . I've seen every game this year and swear we 're doing it by smoke and mirrors but I don't care as long as we end up hoisting that Lombardi trophy again this year.

I was listening to a interview with Jim Nantz of CBS this morning, and he said that he did not think the Steelers record would be as good as it was at the beginning of the season, and that this team was not as good as the Super Bowl team of a few years ago, he went on to say that he did not think any of the AFC teams were as good as the Patriots from last year, the Colts from two years ago or the Steelers Super Bowl team.

Yeah, I dont see it as lucky to be a Steelers fan, but just enjoyable. I've been a fan for over 30 years and seen good times and bad, but stay true to my allegiance.

I know other guys that just like football and seem to switch teams every 5-7 years based on their performance. They dont seem to have the passion for the game like true fans. I respect my buddy that is a Browns fan for sticking with them more than the fair weather fans.

I stay true to my team as well

I have always thought that if you lose in the playoffs, you would want the team that beat you to win the SB, then you can say it took the SB Champs to beat us.

That was until last year, the Patriots were really low class having copyrighted 19-0 before they even played the AFC Championship. But there was the whole Eli thing of him saying he did not want to play in San Diego.

I would usually be for the AFC team in the SB anyway, but last year I decided that I hated the Patriots more than Eli, so I had a great day enjoying Super Bowl XLII.

I am a Chargers fan, but if the Steelers win on Sunday, I will be behind them all the way to a sixth Lombardi trophy.

we should be thankful were not chargerfans who have to suffer through all the 1-15 and 4-12 seasons.

I did suffer, but as a True Fan, I was there every week, and wore my Chargers gear all year long.
I can't stand bandwagon fans for any team.

Charles

kmsteelerwr15
01-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I stay true to my team as well

I have always thought that if you lose in the playoffs, you would want the team that beat you to win the SB, then you can say it took the SB Champs to beat us.

That was until last year, the Patriots were really low class having copyrighted 19-0 before they even played the AFC Championship. But there was the whole Eli thing of him saying he did not want to play in San Diego.

I would usually be for the AFC team in the SB anyway, but last year I decided that I hated the Patriots more than Eli, so I had a great day enjoying Super Bowl XLII.

I am a Chargers fan, but if the Steelers win on Sunday, I will be behind them all the way to a sixth Lombardi trophy.

Charles

I think we can agree there, every Steelers fan will root for the Chargers to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl if not win it all :drink:

fansince'76
01-08-2009, 12:07 PM
I was listening to a interview with Jim Nantz of CBS this morning, and he said that he did not think the Steelers record would be as good as it was at the beginning of the season, and that this team was not as good as the Super Bowl team of a few years ago....

Offensively, he's right. Defensively? This team is light years better than the '05 team.

Indo
01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I agree...I feel BLESSED to be a Steelers fan

But there is one thing I disagree with---I won't be a Steelers fan until the day I die...I will be a Steelers fan FOREVER--- LONG AFTER the day I die. I will be reverently waving a Terrible Towel in the face of Saint Peter (hopefully!) and singing "Here we GO Steeeeelers" at the top of my lungs...

BTW---that Steelers Nation video gave me chills...

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Losing is not an option!! Lets make it happen pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:14 AM
I think we can agree there, every Steelers fan will root for the Chargers to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl if not win it all :drink:

Not really!! Even if we lose to then idiots!! i will not root for them bums ever!!

Boomerang
01-09-2009, 04:38 AM
We will not lose and i am so lucky to be a Steelers fan.:tt02::tt02: