PDA

View Full Version : Can you get a Lombardi trophy with 8-8 record

cubanstogie
01-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't think they give it to you with a pathetic record like that, moot point after Sunday anyway. Is Scifres best punter, Is Sproles the only dwarf to play in a playoff game. These are questions google just don't answer. Any help appreciated.

HughC
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Can you imagine if the Super Bowl was between San Diego and Arizona?

Goodell would slit his wrists, and there would be more NFL execs jumping to their death from their windows in New York than there were on Wall Street in the 30's. The networks and their advertisers would demand a huge refund.

- Two small market teams
- Zero teams from the eastern time zone
- Two teams with the same or worse records than a half dozen teams that didn't even make the playoffs.
- Two teams that have major difficulty selling out home playoff games

ShutDown24
01-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Can you imagine if the Super Bowl was between San Diego and Arizona?

Goodell would slit his wrists, and there would be more NFL execs jumping to their death from their windows in New York than there were on Wall Street in the 30's. The networks and their advertisers would demand a huge refund.

- Two small market teams
- Zero teams from the eastern time zone
- Two teams with the same or worse records than a half dozen teams that didn't even make the playoffs.
- Two teams that have major difficulty selling out home playoff games

That's so true.

steelreserve
01-08-2009, 02:39 AM
I don't think they give it to you with a pathetic record like that, moot point after Sunday anyway. Is Scifres best punter, Is Sproles the only dwarf to play in a playoff game. These are questions google just don't answer. Any help appreciated.

Joe Morris from the NYG was a similar midget RB in the playoffs and they actually won the Super Bowl. Man, was he annoying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Morris_(football_player))

I always thought Morris was like 5'3", but I guess I was wrong. But what an aggravating little f***er.

HometownGal
01-08-2009, 09:11 AM
I suppose it's possible, but it aint gonna happen this year. :chuckle::tt02:

TackleMeBen
01-08-2009, 09:18 AM
you can if you get lucky or hot at the right time and play in a crappy division that it only takes 8 wins to win the division.

jjpro11
01-08-2009, 01:57 PM
the jumping started in week 1 when golden boy went down.

Polamalu43
01-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I hope not! i never wanna see the chargers win a SB in my life time

stillers4me
01-08-2009, 07:34 PM
I didn't even think it was possible to get into the playoffs with a crappy 8-8 record. .

NJarhead
01-08-2009, 07:36 PM
If 31 teams went on strike following week 17, maybe. :chuckle:

I'm with Stillers4me.

The Patriot
01-08-2009, 09:14 PM
The Chargers are an inspiration for shitty underachieving teams everywhere.

NJarhead
01-08-2009, 09:21 PM
The Chargers are an inspiration for shitty underachieving teams everywhere.

If only the Lions could have tried a little harder. :chuckle:

The Patriot
01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
If only the Lions could have tried a little harder. :chuckle:

The Lions are an inspiration to all us fans! :tt:

Yes, Pat. You could, too, play in the National Football League.

NJarhead
01-08-2009, 09:37 PM
The Lions are an inspiration to all us fans! :tt:

Yes, Pat. You could, too, play in the National Football League.

Hey Pat, it's kettle......:laughing:

I believe that I am just as good, if not better than any QB on their roster. I could probably even win a spot at safety. :applaudit:

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2009, 12:38 AM

Bah-the Chargers won't go any further now...their last 5 wins were...

Raiders - 'nuff said

lowly Chiefs - were lucky thanks to Herm Edwards doing his normal choke job at the end

Fading Bucs

Fading, albeit mediocre Broncos

Colts - a team that can't run the ball nor can stop the run...a recipe for disaster in the playoffs

Like I said in another thread, this is typical Norval...one minute stinks it up, then when the media and fans are calling him out, his teams will play out of their minds...only to come up short at the end and give his teams' media/fans false hope for next year.