PDA

View Full Version : Mangini Browns new coach.

MACH1
01-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Just reported on NFLN. Mangina will have a press conf. tomorrow.

stillers4me
01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
They'll still be the Browns.

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Wonder if Brett is coming with him? LOL....

The Duke
01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Never liked mangina, never will. And now he's a brown?? :rofl:

I would have respected them if they went for shanahan

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2009, 05:55 PM
So Mangini is the HC and I bet Crennell stays on as defensive coordinator or something like that. I love it!!!

The guy is bright, but apparently not a great leader or motivator like a Shottenheimer or Cowher. Same old sorry a$$ browns.

ShutDown24
01-07-2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80df3a25

Rek
01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3817088

KeiselPower99
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Awesome I live for an hour and all this breaks????? Its Cleveland and IF Crennel stays on this is terrific.

Fire Haley
01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I would love it if the new GM they now have to hire comes in and fires him.

Fire Haley
01-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Face it Browns fans, Randy Lerner fell in love with Mangini and everything else went out the window.

GM? Who cares? I'm in love.

tony hipchest
01-07-2009, 08:57 PM
its so obvious what is going on here. (was crennell 0-10 against the steelers, maybe 0-8?) he was the first brownie coach not to beat them.

the interview with mangina probably took 3 minutes where he told lerner how he guided the 1-11 jets and kellen clemens to an overtime win vs the steelers for the 1st time in jets franchise history (or whatever).

lerner thinks he found his stiller killer. he thought he found it in romeo based on the 2 afcc games lost to the patriots.

same ol browns, goin to that well again. :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
01-07-2009, 09:13 PM
hiring a coach before a gm is a bit awkward way of doing things. but maybe the stains thing they can get Scott Pioli now??? and if they can get Scott Pioli & keep RAC would they be the pats west? Dont they realize the only reason bitchlikeachick won was by cheating?? same ol' stains indeed!!!

HometownGal
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
That team is going to need more than a new HC to turn it around. Like - some better players. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
01-07-2009, 09:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3817088

Mangini is looking at bringin in Rob Ryan (Oakland DC) for our DC job and Brian Doboll (Jets QB coach) to be the OC.

He prefers that Kionas guy from Baltimore to be the GM.

I'm not even cautiously optimistic with the offensive set up...though some optimism is creeping in over Rex Ryan's twin brother. But it's more a name thing than anything else.

Steeler in Carolina
01-07-2009, 10:12 PM
I think this is a great hire for the Browns. Now we only have to worry about the Ravens for the next couple of years. We are a lock to finish 1st or 2nd in the division for a while. The Browns and Bengals will be fighting for the bottom.

HughC
01-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Two things jump out at me:

You fire a former New England DC, and replace him with his under study?

Why are you hiring a coach first and then GM?
-Would it make sense for a company to hire its sales people first, and then hire a sales manager? Wouldn't it make more sense to hire the sales manager, and then let him hire the sales people? Maybe not the best analogy, but you get the idea.

Polamalu43
01-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Can a tiger change it' stripes? the brown will always be the browns regardless, of who there HC is!

KeiselPower99
01-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Two things jump out at me:

You fire a former New England DC, and replace him with his under study?

Why are you hiring a coach first and then GM?
-Would it make sense for a company to hire its sales people first, and then hire a sales manager? Wouldn't it make more sense to hire the sales manager, and then let him hire the sales people? Maybe not the best analogy, but you get the idea.

Its Cleveland so its gotta be @ssbackwards. And notice how only 1 Browns fan has commented on this??? When they was hot for Cowher ya coudnt get them to shut up for nothing.

Fire Haley
01-08-2009, 03:14 AM
Yeah - this should be fun

"Tim Couch can lead this team to a superbowl." - Butch Davis, 2001.

"I can win with Brady Quinn" - The Mangenius, 2009

nojobny
01-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Bleech.. I though when the Jets fired him I didn't have to look at him anymore. Mangenius is a tool. (He learned from the best - Belicheat)

TackleMeBen
01-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Yeah - this should be fun

"Tim Couch can lead this team to a superbowl." - Butch Davis, 2001.

"I can win with Brady Quinn" - The Mangenius, 2009
that is if brady isnt too busy with those subway and eas commericals.:chuckle:

looks like we get to beat up on another one of the hoodies lackies...lol

CB1977
01-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Its Cleveland so its gotta be @ssbackwards. And notice how only 1 Browns fan has commented on this??? When they was hot for Cowher ya coudnt get them to shut up for nothing.

Ok ok KP...here is one of the other resident Browns fans. I just found out about our new HC this morning but, at the moment, I am at work and am freakin busy. I will comment on this subject later on; but I must say that hiring a HC before getting a GM in place is a little strange. I hope Lerner knows what he's doing. His poor dad is probably turning over in his grave right now.....

Anyway, I need to get back to work. :coffee:

Talk later

lilyoder6
01-08-2009, 10:17 AM
obv mangini was the best HC out there who the browns could get.. cowher,shanny,and hom were not coming back this yr..

at least Eric has some things to build off of... a fairly decent def that has a good young lb or 2 and rogers rearing the front.. and then on off u have some weps in edwards,k2,quinn and joe thomas,,, i think eric can get this team turned around next yr

TackleMeBen
01-08-2009, 10:26 AM
obv mangini was the best HC out there who the browns could get.. cowher,shanny,and hom were not coming back this yr..

at least Eric has some things to build off of... a fairly decent def that has a good young lb or 2 and rogers rearing the front.. and then on off u have some weps in edwards,k2,quinn and joe thomas,,, i think eric can get this team turned around next yr
braylon cant stop whining about the cleveland fans b'ing at him bc he is from Michigan... i see him as a non factor if he dont get over that.

KeiselPower99
01-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Just watched the news conference and I cant wait to beat him next year.

xfl2001fan
01-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Not every Browns fan is sold on the Mangini hiring. Most of us would prefer someone much more proven. Cowher fit the bill, though I can assure you, not every Browns fan wanted him either. Ultimately, we need to get a good GM and scouting staff so that we can get better returns on our draft choices. While we're not in terrible position (in regards to talent) we're still a bit disjointed (IMO) with the talent we have and the scheme we are using.

Bringing in Buddy Ryan's son as a DC might mean we are moving to a 4-3 scheme...or potentially trying to pull of a combination 3-4/4-3 similar to what is run in Baltimore by Buddy's other son.

Ultimately, matching the players with the scheme (or vice versa) will go a long way towards improving on our abysmal history since we returned before the turn of the century.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
01-08-2009, 11:39 AM

I'll bite. I've been a bit busy.

What are you expecting all the Browns fans to jump on all at once "WOO! WE GOT MANGINI WE'RE GOING TO BEAT THE STEELERS NOW! SUPER BOWL IN 2010! HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!"

No, it's a very average hire to me and a lot of fans, not a bad one, not a great one. One that fits the role as head coach nicely. I'm still sort of upset that Lerner went this route rather than go out and hiring a GM first, but I have no control over that what-so-ever.

I'm waiting to see how he does. He might be good, he seems like he likes the job and loves the area, but all that doesn't mean anything until the season starts.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I agree that Rob Ryan as DC is a good thing for Cleveland. But will have to see if Edwards and K2 still want out, or if the new Regime still wants their antics and stone hands.

Would have made more sense to me to get the GM first and look for an offensive minded coach. Honestly, I think this will last another 4-5 years and Mangini will be tossed too.

Fire Haley
01-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I

What are you expecting all the Browns fans to jump on all at once "WOO! WE GOT MANGINI WE'RE GOING TO BEAT THE STEELERS NOW! SUPER BOWL IN 2010! HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!".

You know if you got Cowher you would be jumping....alas, he snubbed you.

Actually, Mangini is about the same as Crennel, and there sure wasn't a line of teams busting down his door for him. Looks like the Browns were the only team that even considered him.

Jets fans are pretty funny - most of them are tired of his boring pressers and lack of emotion on the sideline (Romeo 2.0?)

The Jets media is ripping him too:
(Take it for what it's worth)

NY DAILY NEWS

The issues:

The Favre Factor: Mangini handled Favre with kid gloves, rarely criticizing him in front of the team.

A TV report over the weekend said Mangini embarrassed Favre in meetings, but "that report was full of (garbage)," one player said. "He never called him out. If anything, he yelled at the receivers for not breaking up the passes. He'd just throw 'em up, and there was no accountability."

No emotion:

One veteran player said he glanced at the Dolphins' sideline during Sunday's game and saw coach Tony Sparano making animated gestures, interacting with his players after good and bad plays. The Jets player said he wondered why Mangini didn't act that way.

"It's okay to show emotion," said the player, describing Mangini's lack of emotion as his greatest flaw. "Football isn't all about X's and O's. There's a human element involved. We're not all robots. Sometimes a coach needs to show some passion. I think Eric has that in him, but he never showed it."

Mangini's stoic sideline demeanor became a source of frustration for disgruntled fans who demanded fire from their head coach. The players noticed it, too. One player said he tried too hard to be like Patriots coach Bill Belichick, his mentor, and he needed to act more like himself.

Owner Woody Johnson sidestepped a question Monday about Mangini's laid-back demeanor, but it's known that Johnson wasn't happy with the lack of fire among the players in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss. He evidently felt it was a reflection of the coach.

Too hands-on:

Mangini didn't call the offensive or defensive plays, but he was heavily involved in all aspects of the operation.

"The biggest thing I heard from upstairs (the front office) was that he didn't trust anyone," one player said. "He wouldn't let his coaches coach. He had his hand in everything."

Former Jets assistants have complained over the years that Mangini, known for his rigid rules and cloak-and-dagger paranoia, created a difficult working environment.

Not enough adjustments:

In recent weeks, the Jets were outsmarted by inferior teams that exploited their weaknesses. Mangini wasn't a good problem solver, as the same issues plagued the team week after week. The defense, in particular, was upset with the game plans and how certain players were deployed.

The low point came in the next-to-last game, when the Jets failed to record a sack against a Seattle offensive line that consisted of five former backups.

"The scheme was too vanilla against Seattle," one player said. "I think the coaches thought we were going to win just by showing up."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/12/29/2008-12-29_eric_manginis_end_with_the_jets_began_wi.html?p age=0

Browns lose out on two GM candidates
Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter NFL.com

When Cleveland hired head coach Eric Mangini, it lost two general manager candidates.

Not only will New England’s vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli not be the Browns next general manager, but neither will Philadelphia’s Tom Heckert.

Heckert told the Browns he is canceling the interview that was scheduled for Friday because he doesn’t know Mangini and would not be entirely comfortable with the situation in Cleveland the way that it is. This leaves Baltimore’s director of pro personnel, George Kokinis, as the last known candidate for the Browns general manager job.

But there will be no Pioli in Cleveland and no Heckert.

tony hipchest
01-08-2009, 11:56 AM
about as soon as manginas presser was over today, eagles gm tom heckert withdrew his name from consideration for the browns gm job. :laughing:

of course the eagles have been great at gathering, assimilating, developing and keeping talent. he has close ties with steve spagnolo, and likely woulda looked to him to be HC.

looks like the browns really screwed the pooch.

*arf*

fansince'76
01-08-2009, 11:57 AM
One veteran player said he glanced at the Dolphins' sideline during Sunday's game and saw coach Tony Sparano making animated gestures, interacting with his players after good and bad plays. The Jets player said he wondered why Mangini didn't act that way.

"It's okay to show emotion," said the player, describing Mangini's lack of emotion as his greatest flaw. "Football isn't all about X's and O's. There's a human element involved. We're not all robots. Sometimes a coach needs to show some passion. I think Eric has that in him, but he never showed it."

IMO, this is irrelevant. If I only had a nickel for every time I've heard criticisms of Tomlin over the last two seasons for not showering people with spit like Cowher did, particularly after losses.... :rolleyes:

fansince'76
01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Former Jets assistants have complained over the years that Mangini, known for his rigid rules and cloak-and-dagger paranoia, created a difficult working environment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Belicheat been hailed as a "genius" and ballwashed for years while acting the exact same way?

lilyoder6
01-08-2009, 12:17 PM
i was just saying at least he has some things to build of off... and they have a high draft pick and relativly good picks later in the draft...

i was also suprised they got the HC b4 the GM.. and now since eric is the HC mcdanials or w/e his name from the pats.. has been said he won't take the GM spot b/c of the history with eric

Fire Haley
01-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Awwwww, it's not so bad...

The Jets haven't won a SB in 40 years either - and at least Lerner finally stuck his neck out and made a decision.

Fire Haley
01-08-2009, 12:52 PM
"I dub thee, Flounder"

http://blog.cleveland.com/brownsbeat_impact/2009/01/medium_09SbrownsA.jpghttp://www.marcresearch.com/blogs/merrill/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/flounder_animal_house_1c.jpg

KeiselPower99
01-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I watched the news conferece and a few people was saying the Browns had to hire him now because he was getting looks from Detroit and possibly Denver. I actually applaud this move you actually got a guy now with hc experiance. But he comes as the same guy Romeo was. All the Browns really need is a WR that can catch the ball and a youg RB on offense and a few CB. Yall aint far from being a contender. Just pray the new GM dont sign any superstars that are larger then life.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2009, 02:13 PM

Yeah, that passion for the game is one thing that I think today's player likes. Chuck Noll was stoic, but back then you respected your boss, listened to him and did your job. Today, employees value work environment and a boss that understands you.

Guys like Tomlin, Harbaugh, DelRio, Cowher even Mike Smith are passionate about what they do and arent afraid to be vocal about it. Players love that a coach enjoys a big hit even or pancake block as much as the player does.

MathWiz
01-08-2009, 02:23 PM
hiring a coach before a gm is a bit awkward way of doing things. but maybe the stains thing they can get Scott Pioli now??? and if they can get Scott Pioli & keep RAC would they be the pats west? Dont they realize the only reason bitchlikeachick won was by cheating?? same ol' stains indeed!!!

I heard that Mangini and Pioli don't get along after Cheatergate.

Charles

OneForTheToe
01-08-2009, 02:33 PM
As with everything, time will tell if this is a smart move. At first glance, I am happy they didn't get Cowher or Shanny. So, therefore, at this point, I think it is a positive development for the Steelers. On the plus side for the Brownies, Mangini is not a terrible coach. And, if I remember correctly, he got the Jets playing better relatively quickly. They do have some young talent. His success will be tied (as with most coaches) to if his "franchise" QB ever develops into such.

Fire Haley
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I will say one thing, Randy Lerner is a strange bird, he won't speak in front of cameras and tape recorders.

He's a little like Howard Hughes, his megabucks have him insulated from the real world and I don't think he knows a thing about owning a football team.

Which is good for us.

Poor Romeo, 0-8 against the Steelers will do that to you.

St33lersguy
01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
"I dub thee, Flounder"

http://blog.cleveland.com/brownsbeat_impact/2009/01/medium_09SbrownsA.jpghttp://www.marcresearch.com/blogs/merrill/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/flounder_animal_house_1c.jpg

"Flounder". :chuckle:

St33lersguy
01-08-2009, 06:35 PM
congratulations Eric Mangini, first day and already you are 0-2 as a Browns coach

fansince'76
01-08-2009, 06:38 PM
"I dub thee, Flounder"

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." :chuckle:

revefsreleets
01-09-2009, 10:34 AM
A) They should have waited another week and at least brought Shanny in
B) Mangini seems too knee-jerk
C) Heckert was the obvious choice for GM. The Eagles run a tight FO and are excellent at both talent evals and working within the FA system.
D) Cowher will have another shot at coaching the Browns in 3-4 years.

TackleMeBen
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
why would the browns want another belichick flunky? oh wait they are the browns.. nevermind then..lol:chuckle:

xfl2001fan
01-09-2009, 01:37 PM
A) They should have waited another week and at least brought Shanny in
B) Mangini seems too knee-jerk
C) Heckert was the obvious choice for GM. The Eagles run a tight FO and are excellent at both talent evals and working within the FA system.
D) Cowher will have another shot at coaching the Browns in 3-4 years.

I am not so fond of having shanny here either though. I would not have minded seeing what Heckert could do. Ultimately, I just want to (honestly) win on a consistent basis and don't really care who Lerner brings in to get us there.

Fire Haley
01-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Word on the street is DA will be back and the QB controversy will live on....

+ the Browns chase off another GM....maybe two

Cleveland Browns GM search loses another candidate

CLEVELAND -- Scratch Rich McKay from the list of Browns general manager candidates.

The Browns had permission to interview the Atlanta Falcons president, but the interview won't take place, at McKay's choosing.

Early on in the Browns' search process, McKay was considered a "brand name" candidate to head a reorganization of the team's football operations. Scott Pioli, New England vice president of personnel, also was in that class.

But the big names fell by the wayside upon the naming of Eric Mangini as head coach by Browns owner Randy Lerner.

Another potential candidate, Philadelphia General Manager Tom Heckert, backed out on Thursday.

The GM job appeared to be framed for Baltimore pro personnel director George Kokinis, a friend of Mangini's, who is scheduled to be interviewed on Sunday.

But sources say that Kokinis may be leaning toward staying in Baltimore, and that is why the Browns' GM search has been widened.

http://www.cleveland.com/brownsbeat/index.ssf/2009/01/cleveland_browns_gm_search_los.html

The Duke
01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
He even said he wants his sons to be Browns fans....:chuckle:

hmm....that may be a case for child abuse

SteelCityKing
01-09-2009, 08:44 PM
hmm....that may be a case for child abuse

yeah...let's call Childern and Youth Services on him for that one!

Mangini looks like a rapist from Law & Order SVU!

SteelCityKing
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
atleast it's better than THIS...

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/07/large_romeo-crennel-cleveland-browns-01.jpg

which is a real life version of THIS...

http://urie.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/mikehenry_cle.jpg

get the irony of this...Romeo Crenell looks like a man NAMED Cleveland Brown! WOW! you couldn't script that any better. haha!

Fire Haley
01-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Looks like Mangini prefers a soft defense.....that's OK by me.

Tony Grossi analysis: Mangini's offense will be different, defense will look familiar

Q: Will his 3-4 style more resemble the attacking defenses of Pittsburgh and Baltimore?

A: Absolutely not. What Crennel tried to build here is what Mangini will try to build. He favors the "keep everything in front of you" zone approach with minimal blitzing. Unless he's got a big lead, his blitzes are limited to rushing five players and the fifth rusher mostly is another linebacker. The exotic blitzes perfected by the Steelers and Ravens are not part of his style.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/01/tony_grossi_analysis_manginis.html

The Duke
01-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Looks like Mangini prefers a soft defense.....that's OK by me.

Tony Grossi analysis: Mangini's offense will be different, defense will look familiar

Q: Will his 3-4 style more resemble the attacking defenses of Pittsburgh and Baltimore?

A: Absolutely not. What Crennel tried to build here is what Mangini will try to build. He favors the "keep everything in front of you" zone approach with minimal blitzing. Unless he's got a big lead, his blitzes are limited to rushing five players and the fifth rusher mostly is another linebacker. The exotic blitzes perfected by the Steelers and Ravens are not part of his style.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/01/tony_grossi_analysis_manginis.html

That's it. Keep doing everything that will prevent you from a win against he steelers :thumbsup:

It ended up well for crennel...

KeiselPower99
01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
atleast it's better than THIS...

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/07/large_romeo-crennel-cleveland-browns-01.jpg

which is a real life version of THIS...

http://urie.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/mikehenry_cle.jpg

get the irony of this...Romeo Crenell looks like a man NAMED Cleveland Brown! WOW! you couldn't script that any better. haha!

Thats awesome.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
01-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Heard the exact opposite from the Browns fan I know whom analyzed the press conference, said something along the lines of "We Will be Staying in the 3-4. But will use some 4-3 principles in it."

Also, Rob Ryan is getting the gig as D-Coordinator, and if he's anything like his old man or his Twin Brother, I doubt the Brownies will play soft defense, unless they don't have the personal to run it, which may or may not be the case come this September.

The 3-4 is a good defense to use in the NFL, the problem with us running it, is it requires very athletic linebackers, and the Browns have maybe 1-2 guys who fit that mold and that's it, that's priority number 1 this off season after the GM is hired and the organization is in place.

I'm warming up to the hiring, He's not what I wanted, but I liked the fact that he tried to establish a run game in New York and I hope that's something that he does bring to Cleveland with him. I think that if he had a QB other than Farve in this season, the Jets might be hosting a Playoff game this weekend. I also like the way he talked about the franchise and the fact that he got his start here as ball boy, almost like some weird Browns version of "Rudy ".

That said, a lot of us are approaching with caution, after thinking hiring of Butch Davis and Crennel as good hires, I'm not going to rush to judgment and neither are a lot fans, until we see it on the field, we'll call it a good hire, until then I wish him well.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-10-2009, 08:24 AM
My dad is a Browns fan, here is his take on the hiring:

While he likes Mangini, he wanted Lerner to hire a GM first so the GM could be part of the hiring proccess. So now it looks like Mangini will have the final say so over player personell and that's what is going to drive away a successful GM.

He does like that Mangini has a plan and rules, and that he strictly enforces them. Under RAC, the rules were not enforced enough, if there were rules at all. This way players are now held accountable.

My take:

I love it, now I get to tell all the Browns fans that thier coach is one big Mangina!

rbryan
01-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Mangini was a "Genius" not that long ago. One more win and a trip to the playoffs, this guy is a coach of the year candidate. The Jets and thier knee jerk ownership were way too premature in getting rid of him IMO. Trust me, the Brownies have made worse mistakes.

KeiselPower99
01-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Heard the exact opposite from the Browns fan I know whom analyzed the press conference, said something along the lines of "We Will be Staying in the 3-4. But will use some 4-3 principles in it."

Also, Rob Ryan is getting the gig as D-Coordinator, and if he's anything like his old man or his Twin Brother, I doubt the Brownies will play soft defense, unless they don't have the personal to run it, which may or may not be the case come this September.

The 3-4 is a good defense to use in the NFL, the problem with us running it, is it requires very athletic linebackers, and the Browns have maybe 1-2 guys who fit that mold and that's it, that's priority number 1 this off season after the GM is hired and the organization is in place.

I'm warming up to the hiring, He's not what I wanted, but I liked the fact that he tried to establish a run game in New York and I hope that's something that he does bring to Cleveland with him. I think that if he had a QB other than Farve in this season, the Jets might be hosting a Playoff game this weekend. I also like the way he talked about the franchise and the fact that he got his start here as ball boy, almost like some weird Browns version of "Rudy ".

That said, a lot of us are approaching with caution, after thinking hiring of Butch Davis and Crennel as good hires, I'm not going to rush to judgment and neither are a lot fans, until we see it on the field, we'll call it a good hire, until then I wish him well.

Maybe they should have kept Pennington???

Fire Haley
01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
OK - I'll stop picking on you Brownies for now.

The Browns might even reach that holy grail and finish 8-8 next season.

Problem is - you'll still finish in last place in the division as the schedule is easier for us all.

Fire Haley
01-10-2009, 02:51 PM
So now it looks like Mangini will have the final say so over player personell and that's what is going to drive away a successful GM.

I just read where Lerner is going to go the Al Davis route - the coach and GM will answer directly to Randy equally, with him calling all the shots.

This should be fun

RoethlisBURGHer
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey Cleveland, your coach is a HUGE Mangina!

Sorry guys (not really :-p), couldnt help it!

Big D
01-11-2009, 07:53 AM
isn't hiring a new head coach before hiring a gm, like buying an engagement ring when you dont have a girlfriend?

Fire Haley
01-11-2009, 08:16 AM
What's really funny is thanks to Phil Savage the Browns only have 4 draft picks this year.

He left them a turd in the bowl on the way out.

revefsreleets
01-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Ryan as DC is a smart move. He WILL put in an attacking defense.

I still think the best possible scenario would have been Heckert at GM, Shans at HC, keep Chud at OC and Ryan at DC. Those are the kind of moves a winning FO make. The Browns do not have a winning FO.

CB1977
01-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey Cleveland, your coach is a HUGE Mangina!

Sorry guys (not really :-p), couldnt help it!

Didn't you already say this once??? LOL :flap: