PDA

View Full Version : Sunday @ 4pm

VTsteel
01-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I am so psyched up for this game. Sunday / 4pm can't get here quick enough. I am so ready to watch a beatdown. I got a real good feeling going in.

Who's with me? How amped are you for this weekend?

:tt03:

HometownGal
01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I am STOKED!!!!!! :tt03::tt02::tt:

Sunday at 4:45 PM can't get here fast enough!

GodofGridiron
01-07-2009, 05:29 PM
I hate bye weeks..........this sucks big ones. But im ready...........

*sighs.........is it even Friday yet ? This blows.........

westcoastransplant
01-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Why do we get the last game? I can't wait that long.:banging::banging:

nickelbolt
01-07-2009, 05:34 PM

Because my Chargers need time to sober up before taking the field. :drink: http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/893/whoozu0.gif

Steel_Bus_24
01-07-2009, 05:34 PM

Seriously...Its going to be hard to wait with the Ravens and Titians game being done, not to mention what Im sure will be an onslaught of trolls, because both of em have loud mouth fans

westcoastransplant
01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Because my Chargers need time to sober up before taking the field. :drink: http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/893/whoozu0.gif

:hatsoff: :rofl:

GodofGridiron
01-07-2009, 05:38 PM

The Steelers are a huge ratings magnet because of the fan base. Thats why they have so many prime time games

steelpride12
01-07-2009, 07:51 PM
You think its hard for you, im going to the game i can't wait another minute right now!

Polamalu Princess
01-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Man am I so with you. It is so hard to have a bye week, but we sure needed on. Go Steelers!!!!

stillers4me
01-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Man am I so with you. It is so hard to have a bye week, but we sure needed on. Go Steelers!!!!

It seems like forever since we played the Browns. Yeah......it was a much needed break after a brutal stretch. Now......back to work! :tt03:

Boltheads
01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I am so psyched up for this game. Sunday / 4pm can't get here quick enough. I am so ready to watch a beatdown. I got a real good feeling going in.

Who's with me? How amped are you for this weekend?

:tt03:

Based on what? Where will you be at 7:15 pm? Crying 'cause your team lost? Blaming the refs? Driving by the closed steel mill?

devilsdancefloor
01-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Based on what? Where will you be at 7:15 pm? Crying 'cause your team lost? Blaming the refs? Driving by the closed steel mill?

lmao you dolt head crack me up we got fragged by the refs last time and still won! we are going to beat you i just want to know if you will come back? i doubt it i am guess you and micheal bennett will go to ihop and beat on another patron. And belevie it or not we are STEELER NATION! I personally have never seen a steel mill in my life. So go crawl under that rock you crawled out from!:thumbsup:

thebus36idf
01-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Be careful what were the Chargers 8&8. Norv turner has to be the worst coach I've ever witnessed. He seems to take great or good teams, and make them worse.

Boltheads
01-07-2009, 08:43 PM
lmao you dolt head crack me up we got fragged by the refs last time and still won! we are going to beat you i just want to know if you will come back? i doubt it i am guess you and micheal bennett will go to ihop and beat on another patron. And belevie it or not we are STEELER NATION! I personally have never seen a steel mill in my life. So go crawl under that rock you crawled out from!:thumbsup:

Cry baby.....cry! The refs made a bad call......waaaaahhhh!!

Get over it. Blown calls are made every game. I'll be here win or lose on Sunday......will you?

The "Bus" is pulled over.....change your freakin handle.

Boltheads
01-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Be careful what were the Chargers 8&8. Norv turner has to be the worst coach I've ever witnessed. He seems to take great or good teams, and make them worse.

Let me break this down for you folks that don't leave the steel mill very much. Here is what happened in San Diego.

Marty, 5 years = 0 playoff wins

Norvy, 2 years = 3 playoff wins and counting......

steelerchad
01-07-2009, 08:52 PM
I'd say it's based off the fact that you were beaten the first time around. Even though the score was close, you were also beaten soundly statistically.

We've got the homefield, bad weather, coming off a bye week, we're completely healthy for the first time this year, your team is a little banged up, our defense is dominating, Philip Rivers is a whining little bit**, No 8-8 team has ever won a Superbowl for a reason (because they're probably just an average team), your running back is a midget, need I go on. If you'd like some more reasons, just ask.

sdchargeher
01-07-2009, 08:52 PM

Sorry guys but the chargers will score at least 3 tds which is more than enough against your anemic offense. NOONE on your offense scares me even if we were still playing bad on D. Rivers is better than big ben, Sproles better than a hobbled willie parker, and gates is better than everyone not named tony G. Jackson and Chambers are better than all your receivers. The Chargers led the league in fewest dropped passes for a reason. We have 6'5 guys with huge hands all over the field catching everything. The cold weather will not work in your favor as your all hoping and praying it does. The Chargers win by 2 scores.

Steel4eva
01-07-2009, 09:02 PM
TOTALLY STOKED BRO, STOKED!:tt03:

tony hipchest
01-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Sorry guys but the chargers will score at least 3 tds which is more than enough against your anemic offense. NOONE on your offense scares me even if we were still playing bad on D. Rivers is better than big ben, Sproles better than a hobbled willie parker, and gates is better than everyone not named tony G. Jackson and Chambers are better than all your receivers. The Chargers led the league in fewest dropped passes for a reason. We have 6'5 guys with huge hands all over the field catching everything. The cold weather will not work in your favor as your all hoping and praying it does. The Chargers win by 2 scores.

:rofl:

SteelersinCA
01-07-2009, 09:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Chambers and VJ the DUI king better than Ward, I'll take Ward any day over those two fools. It's funny, all you charger fans try desperately to be recognized as a respectable fan base, then you come up with boneheaded posts like this. Hines Ward holds multiple Steelers receiving records and will almost assuredly be in the HOF and you talk like your reject WRs are far superior, give me a break, crawl back to the chargers forum where you can lick each others blue balls.

NO ONE here gives a flying f*** if you are scared or not. 3 TDs? Nice, 10 pts last game, what planet do you live on? Oh I'm sorry you're a charger fan, because you got screwed in week 2 by the refs, now you're on a mission to rain down retribution on every one right? Got it, spare me. You guys will grasp at anything to sound like you are more than the pathetic pimple on the NFL's ass that you truly are.

steelerchad
01-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh. Sorry for my previous post. I forgot everyone in the media says the Chargers are the hottest team in football. After starting 4-8, they went on to run the table winning 4 in a row against some of the best competition in the NFL. They beat:

Oakland
KC- by one point
Tampa- who tanked December going 0-4 and missed the playoffs.
Denver- who lost their last 3 to finish 8-8 like SD. And has no D whatsoever.

these 4 teams could't beat anyone in the month of December, not just the Chargers.

The media is laughable how they turn these average teams into the next SB favorite based on beating a few patsies that they should have beaten to begin with.

tony hipchest
01-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Let me break this down for you folks that don't leave the steel mill very much. Here is what happened in San Diego.

Marty, 5 years = 0 playoff wins

Norvy, 2 years = 3 playoff wins and counting......youre a cinncinatti lifer huh?

so did you jump of the bungles bandwaggon in 06 or wait til last year? :coffee:

SteelCityMom
01-07-2009, 09:21 PM

Typical stereotype of what someone who's never been to Pittsburgh thinks. Sorry to tell you but all but one Steel Mill closed waaaaaay back in the late 70's early 80's. Nearly everyone of them have been replaced with housing developments, parks or shopping centers such as these ones.

Former South Side Works Steel Mill
http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/59/559/8/86/10/2640886100086951885QIKrtm_th.jpg (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2640886100086951885QIKrtm)

Former Homestead Works Steel Mill
http://www.studentguidetopittsburgh.com/profiles/Waterfront/image001.jpg

Such a "horrible" city it gets voted one of the most liveable cities in the country every year!
http://www.pittsburghhomesguide.com/img/pittsburgh4.jpg

devilsdancefloor
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM

how many catches did jackson have against the colts ??? 0
how many catches did chambers have against the colts ??? 4 for 57 yards 0 td's
gates was your best reciever in the colts game and stil didnt hit 100 yards and 0 td's
as much as you want sproles to have a good game he isnt running against a pathetic colts run defense this week you wil be lucky to get 10 points on our D. Your tackles play has not been that great as of late and i forsee our LB's making a big impact.

And yes the cold weather will affect the game as much as you want it not too. you must live in cali where 50 is cold.

SteelersinCA
01-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I live in Cali and 50 is frigid, fyi I'm freezing here!!!! I need one of those terrible towel blankets.

westcoastransplant
01-07-2009, 09:45 PM

And how do you expect to score 3tds against our defense when you didn't score any? Rivers threw for 164 yards and threw 2 picks. A healthy LT ran for 57 yards. You think his backup will do better especially on a slow track? Gates is hurt and will in no way be 100%.

You think you've gotten so much better. Well the Steeler D has also improved and have shut down some of the best offenses in the league. And you're kidding yourself if you think weather is never a factor.

westcoastransplant
01-07-2009, 09:46 PM
I live in Cali and 50 is frigid, fyi I'm freezing here!!!! I need one of those terrible towel blankets.

Its 40 up here in the dessert, I need my heated blanket.

Polamalu43
01-07-2009, 09:55 PM
i can't wait either. Ill be wearing my black home #43 and have my terrible towel next to me of course, with maybe a 18 or 30 pack of brew!

Polamalu43
01-07-2009, 09:56 PM

tell me about it, down here in LA it's been cold at night, as im typing my fingers are freezing. :tt::tt02:

Sharkissle29
01-07-2009, 10:30 PM
man i swear i dont check these boards for 2 days, only to come see the forums ransacked by all these trollllllls

Polamalu43
01-07-2009, 10:31 PM
man i swear i dont check these boards for 2 days, only to come see the forums ransacked by all these trollllllls

Most of them are already banned though.:tt02:

devilsdancefloor
01-07-2009, 10:55 PM

lol i wil trade ya it is a blistering 20 degrees but with windchill it is 12 degrees with freezing rain turing into snow over night :wink02: but i am more than willing to send this weather to da burgh for sundays game :tt03::tt03::tt03:

Polamalu43
01-07-2009, 10:57 PM
lol i wil trade ya it is a blistering 20 degrees but with windchill it is 12 degrees with freezing rain turing into snow over night :wink02: but i am more than willing to send this weather to da burgh for sundays game :tt03::tt03::tt03:

wow i would die with that weather. here in LA , it's cold but not that bad...:popcorn:

devilsdancefloor
01-07-2009, 11:35 PM
lol well you kinda get used to it. i work outside in it so i just roll with it. The man thing about cold weather is people dont realize how dehydrated you can get. so hoping for the chargers to start getting cramps :flap:!

joeyssteelcurtain
01-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I was born in pa but i have lived in tampa fl for 25 years and i am going up there for the game going to be so cold but cant wait

Jammer
01-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Sunday will be -2C about 27F no wind perfect football weather

CB1977
01-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Sunday will be -2C about 27F no wind perfect football weather

That's for sure; gotta love the freezing cold football weather!!!

I'll be in Ben's home town of Findlay, OH visiting my daughter in college. I'm sure they'll have a few signs out in support of him.

Good luck to your team.

Chargers17
01-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I'd say it's based off the fact that you were beaten the first time around. Even though the score was close, you were also beaten soundly statistically.

We've got the homefield, bad weather, coming off a bye week, we're completely healthy for the first time this year, your team is a little banged up, our defense is dominating, Philip Rivers is a whining little bit**, No 8-8 team has ever won a Superbowl for a reason (because they're probably just an average team), your running back is a midget, need I go on. If you'd like some more reasons, just ask.

Wow, what is this guy eating for breakfast?
There are too many inaccuracies to count in here!

First off, beating a team statiscally doesnt mean sqaut! We beat 6 of the 8 teams we lost to statically. Can we go tell them, that technically we beat you guys, but you just scored more points. Teams that have good SP (the Chargers) sacrifice #;s due to good field position, even theier defense suffers. (For exmaple if P. Manning has to drive from his own 10, to score, he's gonna put up some #'s doing it. Total yards pretty much is meaningless. One team could drive up and down the field and turn it over a few times and get blown out.

Secondly, anyone that has seen ANY Chargers games this season, knows they are not an average team. They played with EVERYONE they played against, including losing by a last second field goal to you at your place. It we're average, you guys are a field goal above average by that logic. I tend to think Pitt is a little better than that.
I agree that it would be tough to win a Super Bowl after going 8-8, but an 8-8 team with some last second losses is better that a 10-6 team who wins a couple and then gets creamed (See Arizona)

Your team is COMPLETELY HEATHLY? I jsut heard your starting QB's helmet wouldnt fit on his head. I respect Big Ben as an athlete and youre lucky to have him and would never joke about an injury like that. But playing the "we're healthy card is just plain false.

And you're right, D. Sproles IS shorter than anyone on your team, but it didnt seem to matter against the Colts. What people do not know about him, is he benchpresses more than all but two players on our offense lineman included, and his lower body is equally and impressive. If you DO catch him, he WILL take a beating from your defense. But this is not a puny DB we're talking about. His nickname is little tank.

I do respect what Pitt was able to do this season when everyone was talking up SD and NE and INDY, but let's be realistic here. If someone had told you you were to be facing SD in the playoffs and the begginning of the year, you'd not have been to excited about it. We have a LOT of talent (which can sometimes mean nothing) but IF and WHEN they are able to put all of that talent together they can be SCARY.

It seems there is lots of talk about N. Turner in here and around the league, but ANYTIME he has had talent they've gone far in the playoffs. Not fair to count his time in Washington and OAK where they had a JV roster. Please remember he was the architect behind the DALL glory days in the 90's. Again, has nothing to do with Sundays game, but lets not give him an underserved reputation of a guy who cant coach.
On the flipside, congrats for finding a guy like Tomlin. Makes me wanna say Cowher who?

Here's to a good game, and lets hope the winner represents the AFC :drink:

VTsteel
01-08-2009, 05:17 PM

Not a chance my friend. Defense wins Championships . . . And this defense is rockin'!

:tt02:

lilyoder6
01-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Not a chance my friend. Defense wins Championships . . . And this defense is rockin'!

:tt02:

apparently the steelers are just horrible compared to the chargers.. and the chargers scoring at least 3 td's is gonna happen like hell freezes over

Galax Steeler
01-09-2009, 04:59 AM
I am ready for some football lets go Steelers.:tt02:

Boomerang
01-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Booked a day off work (game is monday morning OZ time)because need to cheer the STEELERS to victory:tt::tt02:

SteelCityKing
01-09-2009, 06:33 AM
i was born ready for games like this.

okay, maybe that was a little bit of an exarggeration, but either way...i'm ready. =)

KeiselPower99
01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Its only Friday morning I cant stand waiting anymore. I WANT SOME STEELERS FOOTBALL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
01-10-2009, 07:30 AM
BUMP