It's true.

The Duke
01-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Hmm....vet minimum anyone? :flap:

It's over punk. No one else will take a chance on him

Now he can go back to being a full time thug

Edman
01-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Release from a team is not good enough punishment for this thug. He deserves to be in prison.

Some desperate sad sack team will pick him up, though. Unfortunately.

steelreserve
01-07-2009, 06:42 PM
f*** that thug. I hope no one picks him up, his bank account withers up and he's back on the streets again.

It's over punk. No one else will take a chance on him

Now can you think of any desperate sad-sack team that would take a chance on him after all this, and needs a cornerback on top of everything?

Wait ... wait ....

all together now...

RRRRRAAAAAAIIIIDERRRRRRRRRS

Fire Haley
01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Can he punt?

The Duke
01-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Now can you think of any desperate sad-sack team that would take a chance on him after all this, and needs a cornerback on top of everything?

Wait ... wait ....

all together now...

RRRRRAAAAAAIIIIDERRRRRRRRRS

Oh right, the raiders are the only team that may take a chance on him

Who knows, he might actually fit with that team

lilyoder6
01-07-2009, 07:50 PM
al would be stupid enough to give him 1 mill a game

SteelCityMan786
01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
He'll be in Oakland. Don't worry.

Sharkissle29
01-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Release from a team is not good enough punishment for this thug. He deserves to be in prison.

its only a matter of time...

millwalldavey
01-07-2009, 09:01 PM
New England.

HughC
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
He's not fit for even the Bengals.

Since there's no more Arena League, his only justice would be the Black Hole of Al Davis' mind.

KeiselPower99
01-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Who cares where he goes as long as we dont have to hear of him ever again. Maybe he will go and really get into that wrestling career he was trying out.

steelreserve
01-08-2009, 02:36 AM
Yeah! Wrestling in jail is pretty cool.

Galax Steeler
01-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Yeah! Wrestling in jail is pretty cool.

Have you ever done it.:toofunny:

STEELtownHAVOX
01-08-2009, 06:16 AM
I say the Redskins

HometownGal
01-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I can see him playing for the Bungles next season. They love that thug-mentality in Shitsinnati.

lilyoder6
01-08-2009, 09:21 AM
roger would let pacman's salary be exempt from the patroits payroll if he went there

TackleMeBen
01-08-2009, 09:23 AM
I can see him playing for the Bungles next season. They love that thug-mentality in Shitsinnati.
maybe that is why they still suck!!:sofunny::sofunny:

SteelCurtain7
01-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Pacman and Ray-Ray should just be thankful for the NFL for this reason: otherwise, they would have immediately gone to jail.

SteelCurtain7
01-08-2009, 05:31 PM
New England.

As much as I dislike the Cheatriots...Belicheat would not tolerate his thugginess. No way.

Steeler in Carolina
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Now that they have released him, who will pick him up next. I say the Bengals.

devilsdancefloor
01-08-2009, 09:17 PM
the bungels sounds about right! chrishenry and pacman ride again!

CantStop85
01-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Now that they have released him, who will pick him up next. I say the Bengals.

Forget the fact that he's a thug. He's not even good. :noidea:

revefsreleets
01-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah, when the Cowboys dump you, it's pretty much Arena ball or semi-pro (AKA the Bengals or Raiders).

TackleMeBen
01-09-2009, 10:03 AM
are in pacman's case the pokey league.

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I will say he really let the team down around midseason-we were 4-1 going into a big game on the road with one of the NFC leaders(Arizona), Terrence Newman got hurt, and we only had rookies on our depth chart. With all the flack Owens gets with his locker room theatrics, Pacman's theatrics before the AZ game definitely turned our season around for the worst. First we got distractions for the week, then it poured over onto the field in AZ as a comedy of errors was displayed despite merely losing in OT-coincidentally, that's the first game our injuries started piling up.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I will say he really let the team down around midseason-we were 4-1 going into a big game on the road with one of the NFC leaders(Arizona), Terrence Newman got hurt, and we only had rookies on our depth chart. With all the flack Owens gets with his locker room theatrics, Pacman's theatrics before the AZ game definitely turned our season around for the worst. First we got distractions for the week, then it poured over onto the field in AZ as a comedy of errors was displayed despite merely losing in OT-coincidentally, that's the first game our injuries started piling up.wow, nobody seen that coming...just like nobody forsaw T.O. wouldn't be more trouble then he's worth....:rolleyes: .... if jerry jones wasn't the douchebag that he is, i wouldn't enjoy this half as much as i do.....:laughing:

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
wow, nobody seen that coming...just like nobody forsaw T.O. wouldn't be more trouble then he's worth....:rolleyes: .... if jerry jones wasn't the douchebag that he is, i wouldn't enjoy this half as much as i do.....:laughing:

What's sad about all this is that Pacman has played very, very well for us this year. At one point in the season, he was leading the team in passes defended. He wasn't the PR we all hoped he would be, and he showed terrible hands(dropped lots of INTs), but I was surprised by how fast he shook off his rust and adapted to Wade's 3-4 scheme.

As for Owens-the biggest thing I hated about this signing is that he's in the WRONG system. Garrett runs a vertical passing game requiring receivers to run down the field 15 yards...of course, Owens is a WCO guy who's strengths are those bubble screens/slants where he gets most of his yards on YATC. IOW-it was nothing more than trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

BTW-guess who Pacman was at that party(where he got into a scuffle w/ his bodyguard with)with...dum, dum, dum, dum...Tank Johnson!

SteelCityKing
01-09-2009, 07:53 PM
yeah...i wouldn't want THIS on my team either...

http://beattrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/lil-wayne-busted.jpg

haha! i hate Lil' Wayne AND Pacman!

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 11:18 PM
What's sad about all this is that Pacman has played very, very well for us this year. At one point in the season, he was leading the team in passes defended. He wasn't the PR we all hoped he would be, and he showed terrible hands(dropped lots of INTs), but I was surprised by how fast he shook off his rust and adapted to Wade's 3-4 scheme.

As for Owens-the biggest thing I hated about this signing is that he's in the WRONG system. Garrett runs a vertical passing game requiring receivers to run down the field 15 yards...of course, Owens is a WCO guy who's strengths are those bubble screens/slants where he gets most of his yards on YATC. IOW-it was nothing more than trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

BTW-guess who Pacman was at that party(where he got into a scuffle w/ his bodyguard with)with...dum, dum, dum, dum...Tank Johnson!your missing the whole point on T.O.......the point was, he's going to be a self centered ASS, no matter where he's at, and destroy team chemistry....why jerry jones thinks these assclown thugs are going to reform when they get to dallas is a mystery. he musta been a raiders fan from the 70's. :noidea:

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2009, 11:33 PM
your missing the whole point on T.O.......the point was, he's going to be a self centered ASS, no matter where he's at, and destroy team chemistry....why jerry jones thinks these assclown thugs are going to reform when they get to dallas is a mystery. he musta been a raiders fan from the 70's. :noidea:

Don't get me wrong, I never was a fan of the guy, and his signing 3 years ago on Valley Ranch was THE darkest day ever in Cowboys history-even much more so than "The Catch", Tom Landry's final days as the game was passing him by, Jimmy J getting let go after winning 2 Super Bowls, etc.

MY point was that character issues or no, he also didn't work out b/c he was in the wrong offensive system to begin with. Teams like your's, NE, Giants, etc have SYSTEMS where they get the PROPER personnel to run their SCHEME. THIS has been Jerry's biggest problem since he let Jimmy go, and ran the show himself...getting talented players that don't fit our schemes merely b/c they can play and they're popular enough to bring in the $$$$.

While I agree TO is the biggest locker room misfit in the NFL, we've had many more other problems you can poke holes through that buried our season-having a divided coaching staff b/w Wade's guys and Jerry's (handpicked)guys is one example.

And yes-I fear we're slowly become the Oakland Raiders.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 11:58 PM
hey while your here.....who do you think the boys will lose to FA? do they draft CB,WR,???

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 12:07 AM
hey while your here.....who do you think the boys will lose to FA? do they draft CB,WR,???

Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.........let's see.........

Zach Thomas - voided his contract - my guess is Belichick will pick him up as he loves older vet LBs.

Tank Johnson - really a 4-3 guy(yet another square peg in a round hole Jerrah type of guy). From what I understand, he was also another piece of the locker room cancer.

Pacman - of course cut, and likely saw his last game in the NFL ever.

SS Roy Williams MIGHT have seen his last days here - if he's cut, we'll save some cap space. I know he's awful in coverage, but in LeBeau's schemes, he could develop into a monster blitzer.

DE Chris Canty - a 3-4 guy, and I really, really, really like this guy. An underrated player who's very good against the run, and has solid pass rushing skills. He should fit perfectly in your schemes.

WR Miles Austin - he's really a #3 guy, but with good personnel around him, he utilizes his SPEED quite a bit. Honestly, I wish he would be the #2 guy(with WR Roy being #1).

QB Brooks Bolinger - I would have preferred him to be the #2 guy behind Romo. Not a great QB by any means, but an experienced bet who can get the job done OK if given relief.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I think that's it.

As for who we'll likely draft-my guess is LB, OL, and S with our earlier picks, and prolly a QB in the latter rounds to push Romo. No-Romo is nowhere near close to losing his job, but he needs to be PUSHED(I honestly feel he became complacent over the last year). Otherwise, we're fine at WR, TE, CB and DL.

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2009, 12:16 AM
BUT IF YOU LOSE CANTY, wouldn't they look to replace him early? isn't marcus spears a FA? they don't need a CB to replace pacman?

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 12:28 AM
BUT IF YOU LOSE CANTY, wouldn't they look to replace him early? isn't marcus spears a FA? they don't need a CB to replace pacman?

Good point - like I said, I hope we don't lose Canty, but we also have to lock up Demarcus Ware soon(he only has 1 year left). Of course, Ware's going to want his $$$$. In the event we do lose Canty, we nonetheless have alot of picks in next year's draft to get a situational DE(we already have Ellis and Spencer taking more reps anyways), despite our #1 being gone via WR Roy.

Spears - forgot about him - frankly, he's been a bust. He played a bit better under Wade, but he wasn't the same beast we saw at LSU. I mean he played a similar 3-4 scheme under Nick Saban there, which is why we're mystified why he underperformed here. However-he's been very good in run support.

Pacman - we have 2 young and talented corners we drafted last year - Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick, both of whom progressed nicely during the time the Pac got suspended for 6 weeks.

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2009, 12:31 AM
outside or inside LBer ? T or G......FS or SS ? .in case your wondering, this is for mock purposes....lol :thumbsup:

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 12:45 AM
outside or inside LBer ? T or G......FS or SS ? .in case your wondering, this is for mock purposes....lol :thumbsup:

We play the 3-4, so ILB(Zach Thomas is gone). We're fine on the outside, despite the possible loss of Canty, with Ware/Ellis/Spencer. We DO need another ILB-my guess is that Jerrah makes this the top priority via the draft, FA, etc.

Assuming Doug Free(who was supposedly a 3rd round steal 2 years ago) continues to make progress, I think we're fine with our depth at OT. Pat McQuissen(sp) also gives us additional depth at OT. And Marc Columbo was resigned a month ago. So we're fine at T.

At G - yes, we need some depth. This glaring lack of depth exposed us last year. After our LG Kyle Kosier missed the entire season, Corey Procter got thrown around like a dead mule. So we will definitely be drafting 1-2 guards, and hopefully a C to backup Andre Gurode.

FS - Remember Anthony Henry from the Browns? Well-he's been with us since '05 and has been playing CB. He's actually a much better FS than a CB b/c of his lack of speed combined with his strength for ball-hawkishness. IF Wade moves him to this position, and moves Ken Hamlin back to SS, where's he's much more comfortable in, we should be set. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind drafting a safety for depth.

So.............ultimately, ILB and G/C are our top priorities, although I wouldn't mind another S or 2.

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2009, 12:53 AM
THANKS !!! so you think your set at reciever? TO should be gone sooner rather than later......crayton? is he really a keeper?

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 01:08 AM
THANKS !!! so you think your set at reciever? TO should be gone sooner rather than later......crayton? is he really a keeper?

You're welcome! Don't get me wrong above, I'm no TO-apologist. He wasn't the entire problem, but definitely part of it.(which is why I eluded to other examples above why our season tanked) Ed Werder reported recently that Jerry's giving 2nd thoughts about cutting him. If this happens, I will breathe a sigh of relief. Frankly-I'll be honest and say I put up with him in '07 b/c we were 13-3(i.e. were WINNING).

Crayton signed an extension in '07, so he's going nowhere. He's been an underrated receiver for us-sure, he's a bit slow, and is more of a slot receiver, but he runs very good routes, especially when it comes to reading blitzes, and has excellent hands(Bill P loved him for this reason).

FYI-this is from the FWST blog about Canty...

Chris Canty is a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them.

After the Cowboys' season-ending loss in Philly, I asked Canty if he wanted to come back. He said he does, then he added, "I don't think they want me back."

Canty was looking around a locker room that was loaded with teammates had signed long-term extensions, yet he hasn't.

The Cowboys do want Canty back, but at the right price.

In four NFL seasons, Canty has developed into a solid, pro player. He's probably never going to be a star, but he'll always be a pro and pros have a place in the NFL for a long time.

The Cowboys don't plan to get into a bidding war for Canty, who because he's a defensive end will likely have big offers. Teams will usually overpay for defensive ends.

In four seasons, Canty has 10 sacks. According to NFL.com, he has 148 tackles and eight passes defended.

Don't be stunned if the Dolphins call for the former fourth-round pick.

If Canty does not return, it could open the door for Jason Hatcher for a shot at starting. Also, expect the Cowboys draft a defensive lineman, too.

The question is, do you want Chris Canty back?

- Mac Engel

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2009, 01:15 AM
actually about TO i was referring more to his age..... what does he have left on his contract?

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 01:21 AM
actually about TO i was referring more to his age..... what does he have left on his contract?

Here's from what I understand...I'm not very knowledeable with contracts, but...

If we KEEP him, it'll be an $8.9m cap hit.

If we CUT him, it'll be a $9.6m cap hit b/c of the remaining part of the $12.9m signing bonus prorated(i.e. dead money).

So the NET cost if we cut him would be around ~$700K. As for the remaining years, it's 3 b/c last year, Jethro gave him a 3 year extension.

TeeJay
01-10-2009, 01:23 AM
his only justice would be the Black Hole of Al Davis.

Nasty!!............but poetic justice.

An Arsehole for an Arsehole.

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Here's from what I understand...I'm not very knowledeable with contracts, but...

If we KEEP him, it'll be an $8.9m cap hit.

If we CUT him, it'll be a $9.6m cap hit b/c of the remaining part of the $12.9m signing bonus prorated(i.e. dead money).

So the NET cost if we cut him would be around ~$700K. As for the remaining years, it's 3 b/c last year, Jethro gave him a 3 year extension.actually the NET cost would be 9.6 mill PLUS whatever the cost of the player who gets his roster spot.:doh:

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 10:34 AM
actually the NET cost would be 9.6 mill PLUS whatever the cost of the player who gets his roster spot.:doh:

I think Jethro eluded last week how he wanted to give Ware a lucrative contract when asked about keeping/cutting TO.

Thanks-this whole salary cap thingy is just mindboggling at times. Even media members seem to get confused by it too(i.e. what I said above came from Todd Archer, one of the more respected members of the DFW media)

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I think Jethro eluded last week how he wanted to give Ware a lucrative contract when asked about keeping/cutting TO.

Thanks-this whole salary cap thingy is just mindboggling at times. Even media members seem to get confused by it too(i.e. what I said above came from Todd Archer, one of the more respected members of the DFW media)so whats your theory on why romo falls apart down the stretch?

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 11:45 AM
so whats your theory on why romo falls apart down the stretch?

I didn't realize this until last Aug or so, but when he was in Eastern Illinois, he went 1 and done in the playoffs every year he was a starter.

I really like the guy, especially given the fact that we've been through QB musical chairs every year since Aikman retired, and now at least we have some continuity at this position for a good bit while(I mean how often do you find undrafted QBs that'll start?). However-you have to wonder...someone who's never won in the postseason in college, it wasn't like he did it for nothing. Sure-before Peyton finally won a championship, he never won one in college, high school, etc. But nonetheless he never had trouble winning in the postseason throughout his entire career.

There's prolly other factors too-when Parcells was here, even he admitted he had to reign him in. He also told the media not to crown him over anything after his first few very good weeks. Anyhow-pt being that I think our current coaching staff gives him too much trust and freedom. Look at other QBs like your's truly, Eli, Rivers, Delhomme, etc, etc...when it comes to the final sprint, they have RUNNING GAMES they can rely on to shoulder the load. Romo really never had that luxury here partly b/c he gets too much freedom, and partly b/c our OL has trouble run blocking.

Anyhow-to sum it up-Romo's psyches? Maybe? The lack of run game? Maybe? Too much freedom = too much big headedness = too much complacency? Maybe? Really-we were the first NFC #1 seeded team in 20 years to make an early exit. At least with the AFC, there's been numerous #1 seeded upsets in the AFCDG over the years.