PDA

View Full Version : GO GATORS!!!

Fire Haley
01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Get some

http://liberalvaluesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/tebow-and-girlfriend.jpg

GoFins11
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/motion23/tebownext.jpg

TackleMeBen
01-09-2009, 08:06 AM
although i was pulling for OU i will have to hand it to Florida, they played well. I am still upset about OU going for it on 4th and goal instead of taking the three points. twice they could have taken the 3 instead of trying to go for it.

revefsreleets
01-09-2009, 09:03 AM
That game was surprising. The QB play was a big letdown.

TackleMeBen
01-09-2009, 09:05 AM
That game was surprising. The QB play was a big letdown.
it definately didnt live up to the hype that the media was giving the QBs. it was more a defensive game.

revefsreleets
01-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Tebow won't play QB on Sunday's.

GoFins11
01-09-2009, 09:15 AM

As long as he play QB on Saturday, I'm happy. He'll make his money no matter what and will live like royalty in north Florida.

TackleMeBen
01-09-2009, 09:19 AM
i have to agree with you there. i think he can motive people, but he doesnt have all the factors to play in the nfl.

revefsreleets
01-09-2009, 11:00 AM
It definitely wasn't the game of the century or anything. The best NCG's in recent memory are USC/UT and OSU/Miami...

TackleMeBen
01-09-2009, 11:08 AM
It definitely wasn't the game of the century or anything. The best NCG's in recent memory are USC/UT and OSU/Miami...
you mean when miami got robbed by the refs for osu to win :chuckle:

GoFins11
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Not all games can be the greatest game ever. It was a great game and thats all you can ask for.

jasonhightower
01-10-2009, 12:14 AM

Exactly... Tebow did better than I expected and he better pull in all the strange he can get now because it will be over for him within the next few years as "the man".

atlsteelers
01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
gofins - congrads on another great season. Looks like you guys are creating a Dynasty down there in the swamp. 2 titles in 3 years and you have 90% of the starters coming back. what is most impressive is how this team only had 1 returning starter from the team 2 years ago. Once agian gofins - congrads on the great season.

touchdownward
01-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Tebow is returning for his Senior year. If Harvin comes back, that definitely makes the Gators the frontrunners going into next season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/01/11/tebow.returning/index.html?eref=si_topstories

cape
10-13-2009, 09:00 AM
I like gators I choosed steelers and florida long time ago here in Italy.. about 20 years ago... I think I made the right choice!

revefsreleets
10-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Although LSU was overrated, I was surprised to see Florida completely short-circuit them on both sides of the ball.

Don't care for ANY Florida teams (from when I lived there), but I have to give the Gators my begrudging respect...they look unbeatable right now.

Fire Haley
10-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Bama will give them the big test in the SEC Championship game if things go as they are - it sucks they have to play each other while all the other "big" teams are sitting on their comfy schedule asses. THAT should be the National Championship game.

ARKIESTEEL
10-13-2009, 10:52 AM
hogs 28
gators 17

it has to end some time

revefsreleets
10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Arkansas?

LOL

ARKIESTEEL
10-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Arkansas?

LOL

only school we got here so have to support them

revefsreleets
10-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Don't get me wrong...I hate the Gators, and the Seminoles, and the Hurricanes. I enjoy those teams losing, but I just can't see a very average Razorbacks team pulling this one off...

ARKIESTEEL
10-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Don't get me wrong...I hate the Gators, and the Seminoles, and the Hurricanes. I enjoy those teams losing, but I just can't see a very average Razorbacks team pulling this one off...

As a good freind of mine once said "you cant win if your not entered" so maybe just maybe we have an outside shot at this one

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 10:49 AM
The line is currently 24 points...

ARKIESTEEL
10-15-2009, 10:10 AM
The line is currently 24 points...

25 in todays paper

revefsreleets
10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
As far as entering to win, I think this years Arkie/UF game is more like Lyndon B Larousche entering the presidential race...

ARKIESTEEL
10-17-2009, 05:41 PM
As far as entering to win, I think this years Arkie/UF game is more like Lyndon B Larousche entering the presidential race...

hmmmmmm? looks like them pigs are hanging in there

Fire Haley
10-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Go Gators!

http://ddpops.com/images/floridalogo.jpg

ARKIESTEEL
10-19-2009, 07:32 AM
well we didnt win but we spooked them any way

Twizted
10-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I watched that game, the refs calls on UFs last TD scoring drive were horrid to say the least. Refs really need to quit taking the game out of the players hands that late when it's a questionable call.

ARKIESTEEL
10-19-2009, 10:25 AM
I watched that game, the refs calls on UFs last TD scoring drive were horrid to say the least. Refs really need to quit taking the game out of the players hands that late when it's a questionable call.

I wasnt going to go into all that but I am glad some one else seen what I thought was a "give the game to the gators" calls all on that last drive..............oh well!!

knocked them out of # 1 any way

revefsreleets
10-19-2009, 10:28 AM
If they play like that again, they'll lose another game or two...

At this point, with my team out of the running, all I want is NEW BLOOD!

Cincinnati Bearcats vs. The Bama Tide NCG!

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
10-19-2009, 10:39 AM
If they play like that again, they'll lose another game or two...

At this point, with my team out of the running, all I want is NEW BLOOD!

Cincinnati Bearcats vs. The Bama Tide NCG!

Roll Tide!!! Hey Gators - the Tide is coming! :tt04:

revefsreleets
10-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Been reading ore and more about how the SEC refs, in an SEC game, with a predetermined desirable outcome, made as many as 7 horrible anti-Arkansas calls in that game to ensure a Florida win to keep them in the NCG picture.

The ref crew was suspended for the last unsportsmanlike penalty against Arkie that wasn't a penalty.

Even the conference, while I'm sure happy at the outcome, and probably indirectly involved in it, had to finally hold it's nose a little at it's own stink...

That's part of the reason I hate Florida...cream puff SOS, they never leave the SE, and shit like this....

GoFins11
10-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Been reading ore and more about how the SEC refs, in an SEC game, with a predetermined desirable outcome, made as many as 7 horrible anti-Arkansas calls in that game to ensure a Florida win to keep them in the NCG picture.

The ref crew was suspended for the last unsportsmanlike penalty against Arkie that wasn't a penalty.

Even the conference, while I'm sure happy at the outcome, and probably indirectly involved in it, had to finally hold it's nose a little at it's own stink...

That's part of the reason I hate Florida...cream puff SOS, they never leave the SE, and shit like this....

I haven't been around in a while.

Same ol' Rev:flap:

revefsreleets
10-23-2009, 10:09 AM
I actually saw this on an SEC board, made up of SEC fans, talking about the SEC.

That ref crew WAS suspended for calling a bad game...and the calls in question didn't go Arkansas way.

Sorry you feel you need to kill the messenger...

Fire Haley
10-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Roll Tide!!! Hey Gators - the Tide is coming! :tt04:

We'll be waiting.

http://ddpops.com/images/floridalogo.jpg

Pittsky
10-25-2009, 08:53 AM
I agree with a previous poster...they blew ass yesterday...it didn't help miss states head coach knew the gators inside and out though....but besides that tebow and the offense looked horrible....

Indo
10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Let me just start out by saying that I hate Tebow.
The knob-slobbering that goes on for him during the talk shows as well as during the games (Enberg and what's his name) is unfrigginbelievable. It's Brady-esque in all its horrifying reality.

Back to Tebow:
He is average to above-average at best
He is a glory-seeker who hasn't a clue about what the word "Team" means (unless, of course, the Team helps him to get more self-glory)
He is an arrogant punk-ass who shows absolutely no Sportsmanlike Conduct when he talks sh*t to and flips off the opposing team's fans in the stands. Sorry, that ain't a Professional (or, in his current situation, Semi-professional) athlete. Especially a QB, who is supposed to be the epitome of the representative and leader on a team

He will get drafted. Hopefully by the Raiders. When do we play them next?
Otherwise, we'll just have to wait and let some other DT or LB or cornerback jack him up, PRO-football style

As for the Arkansas-Florida
It was PATHETIC in the way that the refs called the game in favor of the Gators. I mean, C'Mon Man
--A pass interference that wasn't
--An Unsportsmanlike Conduct that ABSOLUTELY wasn't
--A spotting of the ball after a Tebow run that was a full 2 yards beyond where his knee hit/ he went down which, incidentally resulted in a first down---that wasn't

and these are just off of the top of my head
Arkansas won that game.

(BTW, I have NO preference whatsoever in who wins the National Championship---none. I live in Alabama and have always liked the Tide since the days of Bear Bryant. I have lived in New Orleans and do like LSU. I was born/raised in Pittsburgh and like both PSU and Pitt. I like OSU; like USC...you get the idea? My observations during the ARK/FLA game are not coming from any type of team Homerism. It simply does not matter to me who wins. If I had to pick a college team it would probably be LSU because I lived in New Orleans for ~20 years. But it really doesn't bother me much if they lose (unlike when the Steelers lose and I go into a week-long funk!)
BUT----I do love the game and I want to see it called and won fairly. )

That game just showed everyone that there is an undeniable bias that "they" (the BCS boys) want to see Florida and (either) Bama or Texas in the National Championship game. (Which is fine by me. Just get there legitimately)
I think the suspending of the officiating crew was an afterthought because so many people b*tched about the way the game was called.

How does it occur that BOTH FLA and Bama win (in an ugly fashion, I'll admit) and their ranks are switched? Granted Bama almost lost to Tenn, but they did win. Does almost losing figure into the BCS Ranking? The whole thing is just crazy.

We now have Marsha Brady and TIMMAH Tebow getting slobbered by the media (and I thought Urban was gonna kiss Timmy after that LSU game. Good thing he still had his helmet on 'cause there was that post-game moment of man-love when Urban so gently touched his head to Timmy's---it was special

OK. End of Rant

(Tebow Sucks)

OK. done.

revefsreleets
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
It's not "The BCS boys", it's the "SEC boys".

Indo
10-29-2009, 03:08 PM
It's not "The BCS boys", it's the "SEC boys".

Yep.
And it makes me want to vomit either way!

revefsreleets
10-29-2009, 03:24 PM
As long as Florida continues to play absolutely NO ONE OOC, I will never respect the program.

Indo
10-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Here's a video of the Tebow-Urban man-love I was referring to...
:rofl:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/10/13/urban-and-tebow-get-nuzzly/

Steeler in Carolina
11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Urban Meyer shows today what kind of person he is. The player who gouged the eyes should be suspended for more than 1/2 of the Vanderbilt game. He should take a page from Oregon's coach and at least offer some punishment for this. The first half of a game against Vanderbilt is kind of like a slap on the wrist.

SteelCityMan786
11-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Urban Meyer shows today what kind of person he is. The player who gouged the eyes should be suspended for more than 1/2 of the Vanderbilt game. He should take a page from Oregon's coach and at least offer some punishment for this. The first half of a game against Vanderbilt is kind of like a slap on the wrist.

He should get 2 games. Vandy should be a game Florida wins by a Blowout.

SteelersinCA
11-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Punching someone, at worst is a broken jaw, gouging an eye at worst is blindness. Half game? The SEC is a bunch of undisciplined, motor mouth thugs. That goes for their players, coaches and the refs who are blatantly giving Florida the SEC championship this year. SEC football is some of the sloppiest and worst played football I've seen all year. When FL decides to play someone besides Florida Atlantic International Tech let me know.

GoFins11
11-03-2009, 08:19 AM
It was a dirty game on both sides of the ball. A lot of dirty things happen in a Pile up that you usually don't see. I think Urban Meyer made the same discion a lot of Coachs would make. Personally I think the NCAA should make decisions like that but they don't.

GoFins11
11-03-2009, 08:25 AM
As long as Florida continues to play absolutely NO ONE OOC, I will never respect the program.

Have fun with that:coffee:

I repect winners no matter if I dislike them or not. I dislike OSU and think they are overrated but I sure as hell respect them.

Indo
11-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Have fun with that:coffee:

I repect winners no matter if I dislike them or not. I dislike OSU and think they are overrated but I sure as hell respect them.

I have posted before that I really don't care who wins the Natl. Championship
But you have to admit (take off the Homer glasses) that the deck is very much stacked in favor of Florida---ALL of their OOC games are basically pathetic scrimmages. They don't play a single worthy opponent (like OSU) so that their record remains unblemished. It's an inherent flaw of the whole BCS system which requires that a team go undefeated to be considered worthy of a Natl. Champion.

Like many, I think the BCS system should be used to get down to a final 4 (or 8, or however many) and those teams should then go into a playoff round...there would still be some BCS BS, but it would approach being something more fair in determining who truly is the Champion

Won't EVER happen---there are too many BIG bucks floating around (both above and below the table) that will keep the BS system right where it is

SteelersinCA
11-03-2009, 09:19 AM
It was a dirty game on both sides of the ball. A lot of dirty things happen in a Pile up that you usually don't see. I think Urban Meyer made the same discion a lot of Coachs would make. Personally I think the NCAA should make decisions like that but they don't.

A lot of SEC coaches maybe. There are only a handful of blatantly dirty plays I remember in recent years. Robert Reynolds of OSU choking a Wisconsin player as he was getting up, LaGarret Blount of Oregon punching a guy, and Spikes OBVIOUSLY trying to gouge out the Georgia guys eyes.

One of these punishments is not like the others and the degree of the malfeasance is the worst, in my opinion, on that one. But I get it, you like Florida, you like Urban Meyer.

revefsreleets
11-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Have fun with that

I DISRESPECT teams that take the approach of "winning at any cost" ESPECIALLY in college.

Eye gouging is serious business. I remember when OSU linebacker Robert Reynolds choked Wiscy QB Jim Sorgi after a play. Choking is serious, but isn't going to kill anybody (not when only done for half a second, anyway) or scar or permanently disable them like poking an eyeball out will. Reynolds was suspended for a full game.

UF should have lost to Arkansas and they were literally handed a win. They may very well go on to win the NCG but they will now be in the game undeservedly because they "lost" to an mediocre Razorback team.

Why would I respect that? Why would you? Why defend the indefensible? Why apologize for abhorrent behavior? Don't you want your team to win and win with honor and dignity all on the up-and-up?

Steeler in Carolina
11-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Here's what I can't stand about Florida. They never schedule a tough non conference road game outside the state of Florida. As a matter of fact, they last time was 1991 when they went to Syracuse(and I don't know if that was a challenge or not). They will never leave the state of Florida. Heck, they even play Georgia in Jacksonville every year.

Steeler in Carolina
11-03-2009, 09:29 PM
As a matter of fact, look at the non conference games that Urban Meyer has had at Florida:

2005 Wyoming, La Tech, and Fla St all at home.
2006 Southern Miss, Central Fla, Western Mich all home Fla St on road
2007 Western Ken, Troy, Fla Atlantic, Fla St all home
2008 Hawaii, Miami, Citadel all home Fla St on road.

SteelersinCA
11-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Haven't you heard, Citadel is a Southern POWERHOUSE!!!! Why do they need to schedule tough non conference games when they play in the SEC? Don't you see what happens when SEC schools like UT (that took FL to the brink) schedule other BCS conference teams like UCLA?

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Regardless, they aren't going to change so it's kind of a moot point.

What DOES upset me though is that they pretty much DID lose to Arkansas and they should be ranked about #10 now because of it. The top 5 teams (BCS) SHOULD be:

Texas
Alabama
Iowa
Cincinnati
TCU

With Texas and Bama in the drivers seat. The reason it MIGHT not matter is if Bama wins out and beats Florida, they are going to the NCG game. Texas is in the same position....however, if Florida BEATS Bama, they'll play and they won't deserve it, as they SHOULD have one loss and they will be bumping either Iowa, Cinci or TCU out of game that those teams, being legitimately undefeated (if that scenario plays out), actually deserve to play in.

It's shameful that the refs in one SEC game could actually determine one half of the NCG....

SteelersinCA
11-04-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure I'm ready for Cinci, TCU or Iowa to be in the NCG, I can safely say they are not one of the 2 best teams in the country.

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, Texas Christian certainly scheduled heavier OOC than Florida did. They played Clemson and Virginia. Of course the Mountain West is kind of a joke, but BYU was ranked when they played and they beat them up pretty badly. TCU clearly has the easiest path of any team in the hunt, as they play San Diego Sate, Utah, Wyoming and New Mexico. Utah is the only game that will even be a contest.

Cincinnati also played a respectable OOC schedule, and the Big East is a better conference than the MWC. They played Oregon State, Fresno State and Illinois, so at least they were BCS conference wins.

If Iowa wins out they will have a legitimate gripe...but they will deserve to be left out if there are a few unbeatens ahead of them. Their OOC was soft, playing D-II Northern Iowa, Iowa State, Arizona and Arkansas State.

Bottom line if the NCG is NOT Texas/Bama there will be legit gripes to be had, and more anti-BCS sentiment...

They'll still have to beat WV and Pittsburgh in Pitsburgh so their path is hardly easy.

SteelersinCA
11-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I was truly disappointed that Oregon didn't move up more than 2 spots, I think top 5 would be appropriate. I realize it would be near impossible for them to leap a team that dismantled them in week 1, but I have very little doubt that Oregon is playing the best football in the nation right now. The only team even in their area code is Texas and that's only the past 2 weeks.

I do take some consolation in the fact that the voters attempt to vote the top 2 teams into the NCG with the final poll regardless of posturing up to this point. I mean it's nice to say Cincy, TCU, and Boise, but honestly they are top 10 at best.

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Let's put it this way. If we had the top 8 (BCS) play now, this is how it would shake out in a tournament:

Oregon vs. Florida
Boise vs. Texas
TCU vs. Bama
Cinci vs. Iowa

Oregon would beat Florida for the reasons you stated. They are peaking and Florida is not.
Texas beats Boise.
Bama beats TCU

Cinci Iowa is a toss up. I'm going with Iowa because I'm a Big Ten guy.

Next round would be Oregon vs Texas and Bama and Iowa/Cinci

Bama would play the winner of Oregon/Texas...and I'm saying that would be Texas.

Which is where we SHOULD be now...and it could very well be where we are January 8th. I think the aforementioned tourney would be a Helluva lot more fun to watch!

Twizted
11-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Let's put it this way. If we had the top 8 (BCS) play now, this is how it would shake out in a tournament:

Oregon vs. Florida
Boise vs. Texas
TCU vs. Bama
Cinci vs. Iowa

Oregon would beat Florida for the reasons you stated. They are peaking and Florida is not.
Texas beats Boise.
Bama beats TCU

Cinci Iowa is a toss up. I'm going with Iowa because I'm a Big Ten guy.

Next round would be Oregon vs Texas and Bama and Iowa/Cinci

Bama would play the winner of Oregon/Texas...and I'm saying that would be Texas.

Which is where we SHOULD be now...and it could very well be where we are January 8th. I think the aforementioned tourney would be a Helluva lot more fun to watch!

I personally would love to see that tourney. I know we won't have anything like that for years to come but something seriously needs to be done with the current system. I'm with the majority of you that the NC has been gift wrapped for UF this year. It's a shame that it comes down to the refs taking the game out of the players hands, it's happened several times this year. Hopefully someone rises to the occasion and can beat UF and we'll get a more deserving NCG. I really don't care b/c my team has no shot this year. Go Noles by the way!