PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward Misses Practice....

tony hipchest
01-07-2009, 06:50 PM
...today.

just like he does every wednesday. great job by tomlin keeping his star fresh. he has actually told hines he needs to keep him fresh til hes 40.

i really dont think tomlin plays favorites but i feel hines has slowly evolved into "tomlins guy" (kinda like jerome and porter were with cowher).

hopefully this is a little sign of keeping hines beyond 09. :tt02:

Fire Haley
01-07-2009, 06:51 PM
They better not get the swolled heads.

JackHammer
01-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Well Tomlin was a WR in college... There might be some bias involved here :chuckle:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
I don't think it's that he's Tomlin's "guy" as much as he's just old.

markymarc
01-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Keep him fresh for a big performance on Sunday.

HometownGal
01-08-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't think it's that he's Tomlin's "guy" as much as he's just old.

32 is old? :doh:

I think there is a ton of mutual respect between Tomlin and Hines and that has evolved into a great professional - and personal - relationship. I think it's great. :hatsoff:

The_WARDen
01-08-2009, 08:09 AM
...today.

just like he does every wednesday. great job by tomlin keeping his star fresh. he has actually told hines he needs to keep him fresh til hes 40.

i really dont think tomlin plays favorites but i feel hines has slowly evolved into "tomlins guy" (kinda like jerome and porter were with cowher).

hopefully this is a little sign of keeping hines beyond 09. :tt02:

being that he's the only WR that shows up on a consistant basis, whatever works...

The Duke
01-08-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm all for tomlin extending hines' career

If he can play till he's 40 it'll be great

Just hopefully it's with the steelers, as we know no player is irreplaceable

lilyoder6
01-08-2009, 09:18 AM
tomlin knows a whole lot more bout playoffs b/c of what happened last yr

The_WARDen
01-08-2009, 09:26 AM
tomlin knows a whole lot more bout playoffs b/c of what happened last yr

I hope so...we'll find out Sunday.

TailgateMel
01-08-2009, 11:10 AM
He did the Hines Ward show tonight & he had a cold... not "on deaths door" cold.. but he was stuffy some & watery eyes... he was in great spirits though & had no problems getting through the show & signing autographs afterwards... so he'll be fine.

westcoastransplant
01-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I think Tomlins' learned a lot from last season. Practices had a lot of hitting throughout the entire year. It sure looked like a lot of players ran out of gas at the end of the season. Now he knows that you got to rest some of your key players so they can be at their best when you need them.

steelreserve
01-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I think it's just because he gets hammered every Tuesday.

JackHammer
01-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I think it's just because he gets hammered every Tuesday.

It's the other way around. He gets hammered every Tuesday because he knows he gets to sit around on Wednesday. :tt03:

Polamalu43
01-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Great job by mike!.

SteelCityMom
01-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Yeah Hines has earned his weekly break through years of hard work. There's not many others on the whole team who are as fully dedicated to playing and film study alike and I think Tomlin definitely recognizes that. My hopes are that Nate, Tone and Sweed are all able to learn as much as they can from him.

stillers4me
01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
He did the Hines Ward show tonight & he had a cold... not "on deaths door" cold.. but he was stuffy some & watery eyes... he was in great spirits though & had no problems getting through the show & signing autographs afterwards... so he'll be fine.

Hopefully, he has what I am getting over. It really only was bad for two days and today I feel much better. Feel better by Sunday, Hines! And dress warm! :wink02:

Frankie3521
01-08-2009, 07:43 PM
It's the other way around. He gets hammered every Tuesday because he knows he gets to sit around on Wednesday. :tt03:

Ummm..thats what he said.

43Hitman
01-08-2009, 08:04 PM
32 is old? :doh:

I think there is a ton of mutual respect between Tomlin and Hines and that has evolved into a great professional - and personal - relationship. I think it's great. :hatsoff:

32 is old for an NFL player. Especially one that lays the wood like Hines does. Dude has given and taken some big shots in his career.

Preacher
01-08-2009, 08:19 PM
32 is old for an NFL player. Especially one that lays the wood like Hines does. Dude has given and taken some big shots in his career.

Something tells me you might not be married. . .

I could tell the tone in HTG's post from here!!! And your response was NOT the response she was looking for

:laughing: :rofl:

43Hitman
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Something tells me you might not be married. . .

I could tell the tone in HTG's post from here!!! And your response was NOT the response she was looking for

:laughing: :rofl:

Didn't know I was supposed to post her opinion. I guess mine doesn't matter.:noidea:

jjpro11
01-09-2009, 12:01 AM
i sure hope when hines retires he comes back to the steelers as a receivers coach. if there is any receiver i would want to influence the younger guys it is him.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 12:33 AM
i sure hope when hines retires he comes back to the steelers as a receivers coach. if there is any receiver i would want to influence the younger guys it is him.

I never thought of that before, but yeah, that would be perfect for him. I imagine he would do some broadcasting locally as well, like Bettis has done, but he would be a great receivers coach no doubt.

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:00 AM

I doubt it, it's like sayin i wish bettis was our RB's coach!