PDA

View Full Version : Troy RE-MAKES Joe Greene Coke commercial!!!

Da 'Burgh
01-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Got this from a top exec at CCE...hot off the press.....its been filmed already at Heinz field and will debut during the SuperBowl....just hope we're playing in it....:tt03:

Thoughts? Should the Classic commercial have been left alone or not?
I still remember Joe Greene giving his jersey away to that kid in the tunnel for his drink like it was yesterday.

stillers4me
01-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Best commercial ever. :thumbsup:

Troy is becoming a legend himself. It's time to pass the torch and Troy is a worthy bearer.

SteelersMongol
01-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Great. Though if it was me, I'd rather make something different with Troy & leave the classic commercial alone.

devilsdancefloor
01-07-2009, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iwnq0sFwRE

i had many of lofty dream that one day i would give mean joe a coke and he would throw me his jersey!!!

tony hipchest
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
great. next thing you know, troy will be doing a superbowl rap video.

i think this generation deserves another joe greene coke commercial, and theres no better of a high profile athelete, who deserves this endorsement deal more. :cheers:

Da 'Burgh
01-07-2009, 10:12 PM
plus my Aunt met Troy in person (thru CCE) and she says he's the most humble person you'll ever meet and that he is VERY spiritual...and after she told me that I watched him on the field and he's CONSTANTLY crossing himself on every play.....couldn't have gotten a better player to do it IMO.

MasterOfPuppets
01-07-2009, 10:21 PM
troy doesn't fit the commercial....from what i got from it, the whole point was here was this big mean football player, that was softened up because he was greatful for the coke....troy on the other hand would just give it to him.....:noidea:

devilsdancefloor
01-07-2009, 10:28 PM
maybe harrison should have done it:noidea::noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
01-07-2009, 10:30 PM
maybe harrison should have done it:noidea::noidea:if it was ever gonna be redone...it shoulda been by greg lloyd.

tony hipchest
01-07-2009, 10:39 PM
troy doesn't fit the commercial....from what i got from it, the whole point was here was this big mean football player, that was softened up because he was greatful for the coke....troy on the other hand would just give it to him.....:noidea:from a marketting standpoint i can see what coke is going for here.

joe was a big, mean, nasty champion who played the game the way it was supposed to be played. but note that they didnt get lambert to do the commercial. greene still had that big ol teddy bear quality about him. thats what made the commercial such a success.

troy is a private, humble, champion, who would never want children idolizing him just because he is a football player. but he plays the game the way its supposed to be played and people respect him for much more than that. note they didnt get harrison to do it (which woulda been perfect if they wanted to duplicate the greene version). troy still has that teddy bear quality about him.

i think after 30 years its a great juxtaposition as opposed to just a replicate.

tony hipchest
01-07-2009, 10:40 PM
if it was ever gonna be redone...it shoulda been by greg lloyd.greg lloyd woulda hook-kicked the kid in the back of the head. :laughing:

Godfather
01-07-2009, 11:49 PM
This isn't the first time they've re-done the commercial. Somebody did a parody where a fat guy gave the kid his shorts. And the Bettis asthma PSA ended with the kid giving the Bus his jersey.

The Duke
01-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Congrats to troy. This commercial, plus the nike commercial and his best season with the steelers makes for a pretty good year

if it was ever gonna be redone...it shoulda been by greg lloyd.

what about casey hampton? :chuckle:

though coke wouldn't fit him. Maybe Mcdonalds :flap:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I heard the rumors about it a couple months ago. I honestly love it!!! I'm not normally a remake fan, but this I think will be more of a homage to a great commercial.

Polamalu Princess
01-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Love it!!!!

jev7452
01-08-2009, 05:46 PM
i agree with that marketing outlook completely!

MasterOfPuppets
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
greg lloyd woulda hook-kicked the kid in the back of the head. :laughing:or stuck a gun in his mouth.....:doh:

NJarhead
01-08-2009, 09:55 PM
greg lloyd woulda hook-kicked the kid in the back of the head. :laughing:

Yep!

I think this is gonna be great. Hopefully Troy can pull it off. I know Silver Back could've. :chuckle: