PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for gameday??

Steelers & I
01-08-2009, 05:43 AM
As Sunday inches nearer, damn it's getting closer, I just thought that I would ask the forum members what they have planned for Sunday?

A few friends and I considered purchasing tickets to attend the game but we decided not to make the trip. Instead, we're going to tailgate in my garage. Now mind you, I live in the midwest and the temperature is supposed to be right around 18 degrees. We decided that if the Steelers players are going to be cold, along with the fans who are attending the game, then we should MAN UP and bare the elements as well.

We plan on starting about 4 hours before kickoff. Beer and pizza are on the menu. For entertainment we have my PS3 hooked up to a 50 inch high definition television. There will be plenty of Madden 09 being played as well as Steelers tunes blasting from the stereo. In between Madden games there will beTerrible Towel waving and shouting at passing motorists.

I know, it sounds a little corny but hey, after a few beers, I think that we'll actually believe that we're cool. :chuckle:

Burghfan58
01-08-2009, 06:55 AM
The temp here in Pa. at gametime sholud be in the 20's. Factor in the wind chill from 10 to 15 mph, well you get the point. I'll think about you while I'm sitting in my family room with the woodstove fired up. :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

HometownGal
01-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Sitting in my nice warm living room in my comfy chair with a couple of wine coolers, feet propped up, dressed in my Steelers gear and cheerin' our boyz on! :tt03::applaudit:

steelcitybuck
01-08-2009, 07:43 AM
goin to the game!!:tt03::thumbsup:

The Duke
01-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Lots of beer :beerbang:

don't really remember what happens afterward....

TackleMeBen
01-08-2009, 08:52 AM
to get drunk b/c in the words of obi wan kenobi ..i have a very bad feeling about this.

lilyoder6
01-08-2009, 08:58 AM
i'm prob wake up early and get some gaming on to get woken up.. and then i will be leaving for the game

tyler289
01-08-2009, 09:00 AM
I will be driving 3.5 hours from Washington, D.C. to my aunt's house in Oakland...grab some food there and head over to the stadium...it will be my first real Steelers game (one preseason game is my only other experience) and will be my girlfriend's first NFL game, so we plan on taking in the whole day and will probably walk around the entire stadium before kickoff.

memphissteelergirl
01-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Church in the morning...a little "divine intervention" doesn't hurt, right? :wink02:

Later will be heading to the sports bar to meet up with the Memphis Steeler Fan Club to watch the game.

Steel4eva
01-08-2009, 09:11 AM
i might be going to the game...Sunday is my birthday as well so it better be a happy one. If i don't go, i'll probably go to a Steelers bar with a friend.

LETS GO!

Da Steeler Soprano
01-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Blah I'll be at work in the prison with about 3,000 Philly inmates who will be cheering against Pittsburgh...but atleast the game will be on and not BET or some shit

KeiselPower99
01-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Getting up around 10 play a lil madden break out the grill throw some brats on Throw on my Kreider jersey and get ready for a good game!!!

joeyssteelcurtain
01-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Tailgate ing all day going to cook some food drink lots of beer and then going to be there when we run all over the chargers

go steelers

:tt02::tt03:

memphissteelergirl
01-08-2009, 09:57 AM
i might be going to the game...Sunday is my birthday as well so it better be a happy one. If i don't go, i'll probably go to a Steelers bar with a friend.

LETS GO!

Cool! Jan. 11 is my birthday, too! :hug::thumbsup::drink:

stlrtruck
01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I'll be at church in the morning
Home in time to change into my Steelers jersey - most likely #86 (but still considering 43)
Then I'll pick up a friend and head to O'Briens (home to the Tampa Steelers Fan Club - www.blackandgoldclub.net)

Start the day with a capt and coke, probably 2, and then screaming my freakin' head off at the screen.

westcoastransplant
01-08-2009, 10:50 AM
I'll be sitting in our new Bufalo Wild Wings with about 50 other Steelers faithful, sucking down some wings and some brew. And like always, we'll outnumber the Charger fans even in their own backyard.

Don't know which jersey I'll have though, my Ben 75th Ann throwback has been bringing some good luck so I may have to use that one.

The_WARDen
01-08-2009, 10:54 AM
It'll be a full day as it's my daughter's 3rd birthday.

Since we live in Philly, we're inviting friends/family over to watch the Philly game. As soon as that ends, it'll be cake time, and then right into Steeler football!

:tt:

Steel4eva
01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Cool! Jan. 11 is my birthday, too! :hug::thumbsup::drink:

COOL!:tt03:

joeyssteelcurtain
01-08-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll be at church in the morning
Home in time to change into my Steelers jersey - most likely #86 (but still considering 43)
Then I'll pick up a friend and head to O'Briens (home to the Tampa Steelers Fan Club - www.blackandgoldclub.net)

Start the day with a capt and coke, probably 2, and then screaming my freakin' head off at the screen.

Hey man i live in tampa 2 i went 2 O'Briens sometime grat place to watch the games

kmsteelerwr15
01-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Leaving early on Sunday with my dad and brother on my way back to Tennessee for school. We are either gonna jus watch the game in my dorm or we are gonna drop my stuff off then go to Hooters in Johnson City....

Man i cant wait for Sunday :tt03:

Leftoverhard
01-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I'll be trying to get out of work.:doh:

stlrtruck
01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
It'll be a full day as it's my daughter's 3rd birthday.

Since we live in Philly, we're inviting friends/family over to watch the Philly game. As soon as that ends, it'll be cake time, and then right into Steeler football!

:tt:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR STEELERS PRINCESS!!!!

Maybe we should get the two together in the future :wink02:

The_WARDen
01-08-2009, 11:54 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR STEELERS PRINCESS!!!!

Maybe we should get the two together in the future :wink02:

I'm confused...who is the two? My daughter and ?

joeyssteelcurtain
01-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey sounds goon maybe the AFC champ game Well lets hope

stlrtruck
01-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm confused...who is the two? My daughter and ?

My STEELERS PRINCESS.

The_WARDen
01-08-2009, 02:12 PM
My STEELERS PRINCESS.

Oh yeah! Sorry bout that...had a DUH moment. It's reading all these stupid posts from the Dolts' trolls...

:drink:

shevdog
01-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Well, I'll be at the game! :)

Preacher
01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I'll be running running home from church, turning on the TV, and probably having to fast through the frist 10 minutes of the game to catch up.

SteelerFanInCA
01-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I will be at the starting gate sports bar with all the rest of the west coast Steeler fans with Terrible towels in hand. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

http://thestartinggate.us/STEELERS.html

SteelCityMom
01-08-2009, 04:34 PM
My plans for gameday are taking a break from packing....we're moving on Monday so hopefully the only things left unpacked before gametime are the TV , some munchies, some cold beers and my Dad's Terrible Towels!

GutterflowerSteel
01-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Just going to watch it at home - I'm kinda anti social when it comes to football. I want to actually watch the game and NOT socialize :tt02: There's nothing worse than being around a bunch of loudmouths or having some drunk get up in your grill while you're trying to watch the game!! I'll be a bundle of nerves til it's over anyway lol

JackHammer
01-08-2009, 04:55 PM
What are my plans for gameday? Heineken, Molson Golden, Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey, Knob Creek 9 Year aged American Bourbon(100 proof), a nice blazing fire in the fireplace, and food(haven't decided exactly what to eat yet. That's a Friday job.).

Polamalu43
01-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Stayin at home , watchin my game on a 42" LCD HDTV and drinkin some beers!!

adam10
01-08-2009, 06:12 PM
I will be traveling from Shelley, Idaho to watch my Steelers kick the crap out of SD. There is no better feeling in the world than sitting in hines feild amongst my fellow steelers nation waving the sacred towel.

Go Steelers

Polamalu43
01-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I will be traveling from Shelley, Idaho to watch my Steelers kick the crap out of SD. There is no better feeling in the world than sitting in hines feild amongst my fellow steelers nation waving the sacred towel.

Go Steelers

have a great time, wave that towel like crazy!!! and curse any charger fan near! :tt02:

adam10
01-08-2009, 06:15 PM
have a great time, wave that towel like crazy!!! and curse any charger fan near! :tt02:

Will do, and i expect everyone else that is going to do the same haha.

SoCalSteelersFan
01-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Being from Southern Cal, I am hitting up a sports bar. Hopefully I see more Steelers fans than Chargers fans at the bar.

Over on the Chargers forums, I hear people call Steelers fan bandwagons.

But I never saw any Chargers fans in my life until they started winning.

steelpride12
01-08-2009, 06:24 PM
A balanced attack is the gameplan. Have to get the run game established early which will give Ben more room to pass using the play action. The D will go after Rivers, but secondary will play to force the Chargers to earn every yard and force longer, tiring drives down the field with pressure from someone on Rivers every down.

Polamalu43
01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Being from Southern Cal, I am hitting up a sports bar. Hopefully I see more Steelers fans than Chargers fans at the bar.

Over on the Chargers forums, I hear people call Steelers fan bandwagons.

But I never saw any Chargers fans in my life until they started winning.

HAHHA. charger fans are funny bro. seeing you are from were im from LA, you should know that. when ever did you see folks wearing charger gear? NEVER. about 2-3 years ago , all of a sudden all the trolls and bandwagoners started showing up. Believe me here in LA there are tons of steeler fans. Im not sure what sports bar ill be going to but i for sure know were ever i go there will be steeler fans. :tt03:

Polamalu43
01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
A balanced attack is the gameplan. Have to get the run game established early which will give Ben more room to pass using the play action. The D will go after Rivers, but secondary will play to force the Chargers to earn every yard and force longer, tiring drives down the field with pressure from someone on Rivers every down.

This is exactly what i said on another thread. our key to winning sunday is to get FWP going.

ShutDown24
01-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Working until 4:40 then watching the game in the living room lol.

Stlrs4Life
01-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Will be there.

Robbinz2121
01-08-2009, 07:03 PM
me and a few of my buddies are gathering at my house around noon to cook up loads of hot wings and "tailgate" until game time.

I CAN'T WAIT!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Chillin at home.

SteelersHoss
01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
I'd love to tailgate at my house, but in the cold North(Canada), too much snow right now, and I want to be alive for work the next day. Soooo, cooking up some baked Ziti, have my beers on ice, woodstove burning, and My wife wearing her Ben jersey, and me wearing my Woodley jersey sitting on my couch. Here we Go, Here we Go, Pittsburgh going to the Superbowl.

steelpride12
01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Will be there.

I will be there as well. Start tailgating around 1:00 and wave that towel like crazy and do what i can to lose my voice! :tt03:

nojobny
01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Probably go to Hi-Tops to watch the first 3 quarters of the Giants game then head over the the stadium to make the long trek up to my seats.

TheWarDen86
01-08-2009, 08:43 PM
47" of High Def, Recliner, terrible towel in one hand, beer in the other and plate full of wings. :tt03:

adam10
01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
By the way for anyone who will be there steelers.com posted this on their site...

http://news.steelers.com/article/101699/

so lets be there early

TheWarDen86
01-08-2009, 09:43 PM
By the way for anyone who will be there steelers.com posted this on their site...

http://news.steelers.com/article/101699/

so lets be there early

Yea. Get that vibe started early. That really sucked when they honored Dick LeBeau and the stadium was half emtpty. :mad:

steelpride12
01-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Yea. Get that vibe started early. That really sucked when they honored Dick LeBeau and the stadium was half emtpty. :mad:

I was there in the stands so i got to hear it all hats off to Dick :tt:, but wow there was no one there. We are tailgating from one to around 4 then heading into the seats. Events begin at 4:25 so at least be in your seat by then. See ya guys there! :drink:

Steel4eva
01-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Probably go to Hi-Tops to watch the first 3 quarters of the Giants game then head over the the stadium to make the long trek up to my seats.

i thought hi-tops went out of business?

steelreserve
01-08-2009, 11:45 PM
get drunk.

nojobny
01-10-2009, 05:46 PM
i thought hi-tops went out of business?

Could be. Whatever they call that bar on the corner across from PNC... that's where I'll be.:drink:

randy06
01-10-2009, 05:53 PM
I will be tailgating i hope!!!!

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I'll go to the store and pick up a new Steelers hat, shirt or something, get the evil eye from all the bandwagon Chargers fans and knowingly smile at them as I walk back to my car. I'll come back home where my dog will be wearing his terrible towel. Most likely sleeping on the couch and using it as a blanket. The I'll start to pour myself some Captain and coke, and start blasting some Steelers music to piss off the bandwagon chargers fans that live near me. What do they expect it's supposed to be 80, I gotta open my windows, right?????

Guttpuppy
01-10-2009, 08:58 PM
I'll go to the store and pick up a new Steelers hat, shirt or something, get the evil eye from all the bandwagon Chargers fans and knowingly smile at them as I walk back to my car. I'll come back home where my dog will be wearing his terrible towel. Most likely sleeping on the couch and using it as a blanket. The I'll start to pour myself some Captain and coke, and start blasting some Steelers music to piss off the bandwagon chargers fans that live near me. What do they expect it's supposed to be 80, I gotta open my windows, right?????

Hell Yeah, you're awesome!

Got a little party going tomorrow here in South Central.

Mostly family and a couple close friends... Let's Go Steelers!!!:tt03:

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Hell Yeah, you're awesome!

Got a little party going tomorrow here in South Central.

Mostly family and a couple close friends... Let's Go Steelers!!!:tt03:

Snoop wears a Stiller cap, maybe he'll swing by. I saw him wear a Steelers jacket to some awards show too. Who knows if he's really a fan though :noidea:

Edman
01-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Some kind of Steeler Good Luck ritual.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I will be at work, but will watch an hour of the game at Buffalo Wild Wings on my lunch break :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: