PDA

View Full Version : Styx and Renegade

SteelCityMom
01-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Styx To Perform National Anthem, ‘Renegade’ At Steelers-Chargers Game

Thursday, January 8, 2009 – updated: 11:42 am EST January 8, 2009
PITTSBURGH -- The rock band Styx will be performing the National Anthem at Sunday's AFC divisional playoff game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and San Diego Chargers at Heinz Field. Kickoff time is 4:45 p.m.

In addition to their Anthem performance on Sunday, Styx will also be performing a special A cappella rendition of their hit song, "Renegade," which has become a battle cry for Steelers fans cheering on the team's defense. The band will be entertaining a capacity crowd of over 65,000 fans just prior to kickoff.

Joining the band on the field for the Anthem will be 20 western Pennsylvania soldiers departing for deployment next week.

"We love the way the Steelers use our song 'Renegade,' said Tommy Shaw of Styx. "We especially love their video montage of 'Greatest Hits' using 'Renegade' as the music bed as they hammer opposing team members carrying the ball. That's one video I don't mind not appearing in."

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/18438063/detail.html?rss=burg&psp=news

Someone posted this on the OMB and thought it was pretty cool. I myself am not a fan of Styx, but Renegade has been such a part of pumping up the crowd and the defense that I was happy to see they were going to be doing the half-time show.

Couldn't find a link to the story on it, but somebody also said that Bettis was going to be there as an honorary team captain for the coin toss....HEADS HEADS HEADS!!!

nojobny
01-08-2009, 08:22 PM
O M F G!!!!! Are you serious??!!!!

I gotta bring my camera and record this.

Thanks for the heads up.

TheWarDen86
01-08-2009, 08:31 PM
That's awesome. Never a big Styx fan, but I definitely agree with Tommy Shaw! :tt03: