PDA

View Full Version : Do Chargers fans realize......

Pages : [1] 2

BehindSteelCurtain
01-08-2009, 09:05 PM
1) We aren't the Colts
2) Steelers are #1 Defense. Only give up 13 points a game I think or fewer.
3) They match up well with the Colts. Good offenses and Average defenses.
4) The score should have been 18-6 last time we played them. Polamalu's play at the end which was called back and that horrendus PI call like in the first half on 3rd down which led to a SD TD.
5)Chargers won't score more than 20.
6) Rivers did squat the last time and they think he's gonna destroy Steeler D. If he lives..................

EDIT* Add more if you'd like but nothing stupid.

ROCK ON STEELER FAITHFUL!

nickelbolt
01-08-2009, 09:56 PM
1) We aren't the Colts
4) The score should have been 18-6 last time we played them. Polamalu's play at the end which was called back and that horrendus PI call like in the first half on 3rd down which led to a SD TD.
6) Rivers did squat the last time and they think he's gonna destroy Steeler D. If he lives..................

7) despite all of this the chargers still have a pretty good shot at winning

:noidea:

sdnunes
01-08-2009, 09:57 PM
2) Steelers are #1 Defense.

I hadn't heard that from anyone on this board. Thanks!

steelerfan4eva
01-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Lets not forget that during their win streak they have beaten KC (and they struggled with them), Denver (who's defense couldnt stop my highschool team), Oakland (No more needs to be said about that) and Tampa Bay(who were in the middle of a monumental collapse). Not to mention they had the refs help them out considerably in that Colts game in the wild card round. Sure they have won 5 straight games, but lets not forget that in those 5 games, 4 of the teams were not very good at all. We will stomp them into the ground.

GO STEELERS!

meetball
01-08-2009, 10:32 PM
stomp into the ground? you make it sound like its men against boys. Don't be fooled. The Bolt's are every bit as good as the Steelers. I only hope the players are half as koky as most of the posters on this forum. Let me get this straight. By virtue of your earlier 11-10 win you really think your going to waltz right through this thing? The only difference I see between this board and the Colt's forum last week is the address bar in my computer.

Steel4eva
01-08-2009, 10:34 PM
its going to be Cold!

Preacher
01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
stomp into the ground? you make it sound like its men against boys. Don't be fooled. The Bolt's are every bit as goo as the Steelers. I only hope the players are half as profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery as most of the posters on this forum. Let me get this straight. By virtue of your earlier 11-10 win you really think your going to waltz right through this thing? The only difference I see between this board and the Colt's forum last week is the address bar in my computer.

The only difference I see between this board and the forum last week is a lot of new people that 5 years ago, thought a charger looked like this

http://cellphoneaccessoryshop.com/CellChargerMD.jpg

tony hipchest
01-08-2009, 10:39 PM
stomp into the ground? you make it sound like its men against boys. Don't be fooled. The Bolt's are every bit as good as the Steelers. I only hope the players are half as koky as most of the posters on this forum. Let me get this straight. By virtue of your earlier 11-10 win you really think your going to waltz right through this thing? The only difference I see between this board and the Colt's forum last week is the address bar in my computer.unfortunately your address bar nor the colts have any affect on the steelers.

dont be fooled. the bolts arent every bit as good as the steelers.

if that were the case, you guys wouldnt have sucked your way to an 8-8 season.

i cant see how you guys dont get this.

im sure even the browns feel (other than an 8 game separation in the W-L column) they are evey bit as good as the steelers.

MACH1
01-08-2009, 10:40 PM
8-8

nickelbolt
01-08-2009, 10:46 PM
9-8

Fixed it for ya' :thumbsup:

devilsdancefloor
01-08-2009, 10:54 PM
8. home field advatage

devilsdancefloor
01-08-2009, 10:57 PM
8-8

Fixed it for ya' :thumbsup:

since you are fixing things please allow me to fix it 1-1
so un BUH BYE! :tt03:

meetball
01-08-2009, 11:03 PM
unfortunately your address bar nor the colts have any affect on the steelers.

dont be fooled. the bolts arent every bit as good as the steelers.

if that were the case, you guys wouldnt have sucked your way to an 8-8 season.

i cant see how you guys dont get this.

im sure even the browns feel (other than an 8 game separation in the W-L column) they are evey bit as good as the steelers.Most of you guys keep bringing up the 8-8 thing as if it means anything. Reminder, when our season was on the line we did what we had to do. 8-8? We lost on the last play of the game against the Panthers. Old defensive coord. Bullchht call by th ref against Denver? The ridiculous loss to you guys? A field goal at the buzzer against the Colt's? Change them all and its 12-4. We have taken care of the Colt's and Denver. Your next. Maybe we can make it to the big one and get our sweet revenge against the Panthers. It could happen. BTW their are a few more of those games we lost by seconds. Do you guys really know who your playing this Sunday? It aint the Brown's homie.

fansince'76
01-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Most of you guys keep bringing up the 8-8 thing as if it means anything. Reminder, when our season was on the line we did what we had to do. 8-8? We lost on the last play of the game against the Panthers. Old defensive coord. Bullchht call by th ref against Denver? The ridiculous loss to you guys? A field goal at the buzzer against the Colt's? Change them all and its 12-4. We have taken care of the Colt's and Denver. Your next. Maybe we can make it to the big one and get our sweet revenge against the Panthers. It could happen. BTW their are a few more of those games we lost by seconds. Do you guys really know who your playing this Sunday? It aint the Brown's homie.

Not to mention two impressive down-to-the-wire 1-point wins against the juggernaut Chiefs. I'm skeered. :yawn:

SteelCityMom
01-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Most of you guys keep bringing up the 8-8 thing as if it means anything. Reminder, when our season was on the line we did what we had to do. 8-8? We lost on the last play of the game against the Panthers. Old defensive coord. Bullchht call by th ref against Denver? The ridiculous loss to you guys? A field goal at the buzzer against the Colt's? Change them all and its 12-4. We have taken care of the Colt's and Denver. Your next. Maybe we can make it to the big one and get our sweet revenge against the Panthers. It could happen. BTW their are a few more of those games we lost by seconds. Do you guys really know who your playing this Sunday? It aint the Brown's homie.

Wait wait wait, I'll give you Carolina, Denver and even spot you the Colts (because they never impressed me too much this year), but ridiculous loss to the Steelers??? The Chargers were practically gift wrapped that game and they couldn't pull out a win, I'd love to hear how you think it was a ridiculous loss, really.

meetball
01-08-2009, 11:08 PM
The only difference I see between this board and the forum last week is a lot of new people that 5 years ago, thought a charger looked like this

http://cellphoneaccessoryshop.com/CellChargerMD.jpgGood one Preach! And yeah, the only reason we are here is because our guys are playing your guys. I promise to be respectful in my brief stay. I will also show up on Monday to take my beating or gloat(just a little). Good luck to ya and hope you guys lose by 1.

meetball
01-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Wait wait wait, I'll give you Carolina, Denver and even spot you the Colts (because they never impressed me too much this year), but ridiculous loss to the Steelers??? The Chargers were practically gift wrapped that game and they couldn't pull out a win, I'd love to hear how you think it was a ridiculous loss, really.Safety? difference maker. RIDICULOUS!

SteelCityMom
01-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Safety? difference maker. RIDICULOUS!

Did you even watch the game? Did you somehow not realize that 2 TD's were called back? 115 yards in penalties to 5 yards in penalties? The Chargers only TD coming off of a botched PI call that put them on the 3 yard line for the 1st and goal? I made this statement to another Charger fan on here and never got a response back, but if it had been the Chargers put into that situation this place would be flooded with nothing but angry fans screaming cheaters....and I'll ask you this question, had the Chargers racked up that many penalty yards against 5 yards given to us, do you think you would have still won the game?

Go look at the stats for that game, we passed and ran all over you and while I'll admit some of the penalties were just, there's no way you could ever convince me that 13-2 is a fairly called game, no way at all. That game was gift wrapped with a shiny little bow on top and the Chargers just couldn't get the present open.

tony hipchest
01-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Safety? difference maker. RIDICULOUS!it shoulda been a steelers defensive TD not a chargers recovery in the endzone.

if were gonna play youre "what if" game, change 4-5 plays for the steelers and we are 15-1, 16-0. :noidea:

and the "what if game" goes both ways. you guys could just as easilly be 4-12 as 12-4.

:coffee: not impressed

meetball
01-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Did you even watch the game? Did you somehow not realize that 2 TD's were called back? 115 yards in penalties to 5 yards in penalties? The Chargers only TD coming off of a botched PI call that put them on the 3 yard line for the 1st and goal? I made this statement to another Charger fan on here and never got a response back, but if it had been the Chargers put into that situation this place would be flooded with nothing but angry fans screaming cheaters....and I'll ask you this question, had the Chargers racked up that many penalty yards against 5 yards given to us, do you think you would have still won the game?

Go look at the stats for that game, we passed and ran all over you and while I'll admit some of the penalties were just, there's no way you could ever convince me that 13-2 is a fairly called game, no way at all. That game was gift wrapped with a shiny little bow on top and the Chargers just couldn't get the present open.Sorry, short break, laptop battery thing...]Let me get this straight. You won and are still complaining about the refs? We only do that when we lose.:laughing: Yes, I did see the game. If I had a gun I would've shot my friggin tv. Quit with refs keeping the game close for you guys. If you played by the rules you wouldn't get flagged. The Colt's pulled this same stuff after last weeks game. Some how they just shouldn't get the flags thrown in their direction because well.. they are the Colt's! What a bunch of bs. And, I could fill a shoebox full of nickels if I had one for every NFL game that was close in spite of one team dominating in yardage stats. That's your whole argument with that game?11-10 is nothing to brag about.

meetball
01-08-2009, 11:37 PM
it shoulda been a steelers defensive TD not a chargers recovery in the endzone.

if were gonna play youre "what if" game, change 4-5 plays for the steelers and we are 15-1, 16-0. :noidea:

and the "what if game" goes both ways. you guys could just as easilly be 4-12 as 12-4.

:coffee: not impressedActually no, but most of our wins were decisive. Two squeekers against the highly rated Chiefs.:coffee:

verks36
01-08-2009, 11:40 PM

http://cellphoneaccessoryshop.com/CellChargerMD.jpg

owned?

charger fans GTFO now or dont bounce when you lose on sunday. I know as soon as sunday comes around and the steelers are going to the afc championship game there aint going to be a single charger fan here

SteelCityMom
01-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Sorry, short break, laptop battery thing...]Let me get this straight. You won and are still complaining about the refs? We only do that when we lose.:laughing: Yes, I did see the game. If I had a gun I would've shot my friggin tv. Quit with refs keeping the game close for you guys. If you played by the rules you wouldn't get flagged. The Colt's pulled this same stuff after last weeks game. Some how they just shouldn't get the flags thrown in their direction because well.. they are the Colt's! What a bunch of bs. And, I could fill a shoebox full of nickels if I had one for every NFL game that was close in spite of one team dominating in yardage stats. That's your whole argument with that game?11-10 is nothing to brag about.

Ok, that's funny, since the Chargers fans have made a serious thing about one botched call against Denver early in the season, and haven't shut up about it all year, then I guess it's wrong for us to be a little miffed about a game where the penalty gap is 13-2. Sure OK. Do you really think the Chargers played within the rules of the game and should have only been penalized 5 yards? Cause if you say yes, I have visual proof that you would be wrong.

We keep bringing it up because Charger fans somehow think that it was their "awesome" defense that kept the game close, which if fine to think, if you're fine with being delusional. Charger fans keep throwing that 11-10 score in there thinking that that means they played really well that day. They were nothing but lucky that score was kept so close.

Don't act like if the situations were reversed Charger fans wouldn't be screaming foul....and thank you for not answering my question.

SteelCityMom
01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Actually no, but most of our wins were decisive. Two squeekers against the highly rated Chiefs.:coffee:

Highly rated Chiefs?!?!?!?! I think you're high....

MACH1
01-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Actually no, but most of our wins were decisive. Two squeekers against the highly rated Chiefs.:coffee:

The only thing their highly rated for is a high draft pick. :chuckle:

meetball
01-08-2009, 11:52 PM
owned?

charger fans GTFO now or dont bounce when you lose on sunday. I know as soon as sunday comes around and the steelers are going to the afc championship game there aint going to be a single charger fan heredude, light up. itsa forum. Most people get pizzed that visitors come in , talk a little smack and if they lose you dont see them anymore.

tony hipchest
01-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Actually no, but most of our wins were decisive. Two squeekers against the highly rated Chiefs.:coffee:see heres the thing meetball, if we happen to advance along with the ravens, their fans will be thumping their chests saying that they are equal to or better than the steelers if you change a few plays from our 2 games and their regular season robbery from the titans.

cowboys and patriot fans easilly think their team is just as good as ours.

if they all were right the steelers would be sitting at 8-8 along with all the other "pretenders" and sb favorites such as the pats and cowboys wouldnt be sitting at home.

. do you really think teams like the 8-8 saints, 8-8 broncos, 8-8 cardinals, etc. are as good as the steelers?

me neither.

you are what you are, and right now we are the 2nd seed in the afc, and tied with the 2nd best record in the league.

sure the chargers are hot and on a streak. the colts were hotter and on a better streak. does that make them equal to you? the bengals have been on an even more impressive defensive streak. does that make them equal to you?

i didnt think so. you cant have it both ways. you guys just gotta admit that we are the better team, just like last year all teams were forced to admit the cheating patriots were better. one can try to rationalize it all they want, but it is what it is, and you are what you put down on paper. and that is where we stand.

meetball
01-08-2009, 11:54 PM
The only thing their highly rated for is a high draft pick. :chuckle:Yeah, it was a joke. The Chiefs are a division foe and ALWAYS play us tough. Kinda like the 10-6 decisive win you guys had with the Browns earlier this year?

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah, it was a joke. The Chiefs are a division foe and ALWAYS play us tough. Kinda like the 10-6 decisive win you guys had with the Browns earlier this year?

Atleast it was by 4 points and not one, and then we shut them out 31-0 the next time we played them....the Browns also had a better record than the Chiefs (not by much, but better). All our division rivals play us tough, so I know what you mean, thing is though we swept our division and only one team really played us close, and that was the Ravens, who are in the playoffs as well at 11-5.

meetball
01-09-2009, 12:01 AM
see heres the thing meetball, if we happen to advance along with the ravens, their fans will be thumping their chests saying that they are equal to or better than the steelers if you change a few plays from our 2 games and their regular season robbery from the titans.

cowboys and patriot fans easilly think their team is just as good as ours.

if they all were right the steelers would be sitting at 8-8 along with all the other "pretenders" and sb favorites such as the pats and cowboys wouldnt be sitting at home.

. do you really think teams like the 8-8 saints, 8-8 broncos, 8-8 cardinals, etc. are as good as the steelers?

me neither.

you are what you are, and right now we are the 2nd seed in the afc, and tied with the 2nd best record in the league.

sure the chargers are hot and on a streak. the colts were hotter and on a better streak. does that make them equal to you? the bengals have been on an even more impressive defensive streak. does that make them equal to you?

i didnt think so. you cant have it both ways. you guys just gotta admit that we are the better team, just like last year all teams were forced to admit the cheating patriots were better. one can try to rationalize it all they want, but it is what it is, and you are what you put down on paper. and that is where we stand.Good take. I'll concede that most people on the planet EXPECT the Steelers to win. Fair enough. I certainly don't expect to come on this board and change anybody's opinion of their team. However, you guys dont even give us a snowballs chance? You and most everybody else here are sadly mistaken if you think you are gonna win going away. You make a few mistakes and we will make you pay this time around. I respect the Steelers. Problem is nobody respects us with our cheesy little 8-8 record. Be careful.

meetball
01-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Don't act like if the situations were reversed Charger fans wouldn't be screaming foul....and thank you for not answering my question. Uh, if its about watching the game yeah I did. NFL network just showed the game again and I dvr'd it. I did see the pass interference call you spoke of and I agree. Totally ticky tack. Troy's interception was one of the best I have ever seen. Still think with a few different called plays and a few plays on defense we could have won that game. From the 'holy roller' to the fumble that wasn't we have had our share of refs dis-appointments. Its getting late for me so if I missed something..?

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Uh, if its about watching the game yeah I did. NFL network just showed the game again and I dvr'd it. I did see the pass interference call you spoke of and I agree. Totally ticky tack. Troy's interception was one of the best I have ever seen. Still think with a few different called plays and a few plays on defense we could have won that game. From the 'holy roller' to the fumble that wasn't we have had our share of refs dis-appointments. Its getting late for me so if I missed something..?

Well of course if a few different plays had gone differently it would have made a difference for the Chargers, my only argument was that it wasn't exactly the play calling that kept the score as low as it was for the Steelers (except for the 4th and goal) it was the flag happy refs that were only flagging the Steelers that kept the score that close IMO.

You made a decent point in your previous post and stated in short that nobody should sleep on the Chargers even though they are an 8-8 team, and I 100% agree with you, and I don't think the coaches and players are taking the game very lightly either....it's the playoffs now and previous records are out the window.

I just get tired of hearing the 11-10 argument is all, there have been a number of Chargers fans on here using that as an excuse, just like many Steelers fans,( myself included a couple times I think) have been using the 8-8 argument. I've watched the game a couple times myself and really, minus the goal line stand, I think the Steelers played one of their best games of the year, we ran the ball, passed effectively and defense came up big when it needed to. The major things that were stopping nearly all of the offensive drives (7 out of 9) were penalties. it was just getting frustrating to watch when blatant penalties were not being called on the Chargers as well.

I'm not really one to complain about the refs either, especially when we win, but that game just left a horrible taste in my mouth, the whole game just felt wrong as far as the refs were concerned.

Oh and no, my question was had the Chargers racked up that many penalty yards against 5 yards given to us, do you think they would have still won the game?

Sorry, let me reword that cause I don't think that came our right, if the Chargers were playing a game in which they received 115 yards in penalties to their opponent 5 yards, do you think they would have been able to still win the game.

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2009, 12:33 AM
1) We aren't the Colts

There's one more...

Why does everyone end up drinking the kool-aid over the wild card winners? Why does WC weekend get overhyped?

Really-the Ravens whipped an overachieving Fins team with a noodle-arm QB, big WHOOP! The Iggs barely beat a Vikings team with a clueless coach and the WORST QB in the NFL, big WHOOP! The Cards beat an overachieving Falcons team with a rookie QB/HC, WOW! And for that matter too, the Colts had NO run game, and a porous run D, double WOW!

And now they're already touting the Eagles and Chargers(and to some extent, the Ravens) as the teams to beat??!

Pt being that the teams with the bye get an extra week to rest and prepare, and not to mention too they EARNED their byes by being the MOST consistent teams in the league. For example, I read that the Giants finally got healthy(they were banged up the last month of the season, not to mention too they were bogged down by the Plax situation).

BTW-take it from me who's seen Norv Turner 2 X's a year when he was in Washington. He's a Jeckle/Hyde guy...he'll go through a stretch of doing a poor job and the media/fans start calling for his head, only for him to pull out the coaching performances of his life to save his own skin...and even if he comes up short at the end, he ends up giving the media/fans false hope going into the future. It's no different what he's doing in SD-starts a dismal 4-8, and then with his back against the wall his team is playing out of their minds. No matter what happens this weekend, Chargers fans et al will have alot of false hope for next year.

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Charger fans are jackasses don't even bother with them punks!!!!!!!!!!!

steelerchad
01-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Sure, I'll admit the Chargers have a chance this weekend. But I'd put that chance somewhere around 25%. Vegas has us as 6 point favorites for a reason, but that doesn't mean we're a lock. I believe if we lined up against the Chargers 10 games, we'd win 7 or 8 times. Anything can happen, but I believe if we don't turn the ball over, we win. The only games we've lost this year are because our offense has turned it over.

VegasStlrFan
01-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Sure, I'll admit the Chargers have a chance this weekend. But I'd put that chance somewhere around 25%. Vegas has us as 6 point favorites for a reason, but that doesn't mean we're a lock. I believe if we lined up against the Chargers 10 games, we'd win 7 or 8 times. Anything can happen, but I believe if we don't turn the ball over, we win. The only games we've lost this year are because our offense has turned it over.

Depends on the Book, they started at 6 and some have it at 6.5 up to 7. The lines start where book believes they are safe. They go up and down based on the bets coming in to try to keep the money even. Your right though, there is a reason why you have to bet $300 to win a $100 on the Steelers and $100 to win $250 on the Chargers. Vegas likes the Steelers :tt03:

The Lakelander
01-09-2009, 02:07 AM
Good take. I'll concede that most people on the planet EXPECT the Steelers to win. Fair enough. I certainly don't expect to come on this board and change anybody's opinion of their team. However, you guys dont even give us a snowballs chance? You and most everybody else here are sadly mistaken if you think you are gonna win going away. You make a few mistakes and we will make you pay this time around. I respect the Steelers. Problem is nobody respects us with our cheesy little 8-8 record. Be careful.

Well hot dog! I don't give the Chargers a fighting chance either. :sofunny:

:tt02:

Steelers & I
01-09-2009, 03:38 AM
Good take. I'll concede that most people on the planet EXPECT the Steelers to win. Fair enough. I certainly don't expect to come on this board and change anybody's opinion of their team. However, you guys dont even give us a snowballs chance? You and most everybody else here are sadly mistaken if you think you are gonna win going away. You make a few mistakes and we will make you pay this time around. I respect the Steelers. Problem is nobody respects us with our cheesy little 8-8 record. Be careful.

Here's something that you're not understanding meetball. The Steelers aren't overlooking the Chargers, not one bit.

Here's how I see it. That's just tough luck for the Chargers. The only way that the Chargers would have a chance to win this game is IF the Steelers would overlook them. It's not happening.

The Chargers are the task at hand, the Chargers ARE the target that the Steelers are focusing on. The Steelers want a piece of the Chargers in the worst freaking way. Does that clear things up for you a bit? Does that make you feel as if the Steelers are respecting your precious Chargers? Respect?? I wouldn't call it respect. I would define it as a predator closing in on its prey.

It's game on Bro, your Charger boys aren't sneaking up on anyone this weekend.

Steelers 31

Chargers 10

redst3
01-09-2009, 03:45 AM
Most of you guys keep bringing up the 8-8 thing as if it means anything. Reminder, when our season was on the line we did what we had to do. 8-8? ....Do you guys really know who your playing this Sunday? It aint the Brown's homie.

Hey the Chargers fans on this thread are pretty sane compared to some of the trollier versions I have seen, and you seem to be good natured. Seriously though, 8-8 does mean something. You really did back into the playoffs. the Patriots, as much as i dislike them, and I do like the Chargers, really should be in your spot.

I dont mean any offense, but I do think this game is going to be a blow out in the Steelers favor.

Even if you get by the Steelers, and it could happen, do you really think for one second you can beat the Ravens or the Titans? This aint the Raiders, homie.

redst3
01-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Steelers 31

Chargers 10

Yes.

The score will be something like that.

The Chargers did a nice job last week and have some weapons. They had a great run at the end of the season, but some of the :blah::blah::blah: is getting out of hand around here.

...its like Steelers fans are supposed to show all this respect to the Chargers but it doesnt seem to go the other way around....

Steelers & I
01-09-2009, 04:24 AM
Yes.

The score will be something like that.

The Chargers did a nice job last week and have some weapons. They had a great run at the end of the season, but some of the :blah::blah::blah: is getting out of hand around here.

...its like Steelers fans are supposed to show all this respect to the Chargers but it doesnt seem to go the other way around....

I agree, I don't think that Chargers fans are looking for us to respect their team. I think that they're saying that the Steelers shouldn't look past the Chargers. I say again, the Steelers ARE NOT looking beyond the Chargers and that spells bad news for the Chargers. I truly believe that the Steelers can't wait to tear into that team. I actually find it hard to believe that I'm so FIRED UP for the Chargers, I'm definitely ready to KO someone. I can't wait until Sunday.

redst3
01-09-2009, 05:33 AM
I agree, I don't think that Chargers fans are looking for us to respect their team. .

and as for me, they have it. It's a great story for them. I just think some of them are kidding themselves. I am sticking to what i have been saying. I think the Steelers are going to bust the game open.

FSUBoo
01-09-2009, 06:06 AM
BTW-take it from me who's seen Norv Turner 2 X's a year when he was in Washington. He's a Jeckle/Hyde guy...he'll go through a stretch of doing a poor job and the media/fans start calling for his head, only for him to pull out the coaching performances of his life to save his own skin...and even if he comes up short at the end, he ends up giving the media/fans false hope going into the future. It's no different what he's doing in SD-starts a dismal 4-8, and then with his back against the wall his team is playing out of their minds. No matter what happens this weekend, Chargers fans et al will have alot of false hope for next year.

I honestly don't think I would want a coach who's career W- L record is 77-95. I think you guys were better off with Marty Schottenheimer's 5 years of 47-33.

SBL1721
01-09-2009, 06:32 AM

Go look at the stats for that game, we passed and ran all over you and while I'll admit some of the penalties were just, there's no way you could ever convince me that 13-2 is a fairly called game, no way at all. That game was gift wrapped with a shiny little bow on top and the Chargers just couldn't get the present open.

Here's some advice......don't have any penalties, it's a very simple concept:laughing:

SBL1721
01-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Sorry, short break, laptop battery thing...]Let me get this straight. You won and are still complaining about the refs? We only do that when we lose.:laughing: Yes, I did see the game. If I had a gun I would've shot my friggin tv. Quit with refs keeping the game close for you guys. If you played by the rules you wouldn't get flagged. The Colt's pulled this same stuff after last weeks game. Some how they just shouldn't get the flags thrown in their direction because well.. they are the Colt's! What a bunch of bs. And, I could fill a shoebox full of nickels if I had one for every NFL game that was close in spite of one team dominating in yardage stats. That's your whole argument with that game?11-10 is nothing to brag about.

EXACTLY!!

MaxDubujak
01-09-2009, 07:44 AM
7) despite all of this the chargers still have a pretty good shot at winning

:noidea:

#8 That there are san diego chargers message boards?:tt03:

Jammer
01-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Pittsburgh offense will score ? :)

SteelCityKing
01-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Here's some advice......don't have any penalties, it's a very simple concept:laughing:

penalties are natural. every team gets them from time to time. it's just the stupid pointless ones you really have to worry about. i bet the refs'll dish out some stupid calls for the Steelers...it always swings that way. the Chargers'll get away with murder. which is always the case. =)

haha! i bet someone said the same thing on the Chargers site about the Steelers. punks asses! haha!

steelerchad
01-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Fact is the Chargers do have a chance to win this weekend. But they're lucky to even be in the playoffs. With their record, they wouldn't have won any other division in football. They would have finished 2nd in the NFC West, 3rd in most divisions, and 4th in the AFC and NFC East's.

They got to 8 wins by beating mediocre or poor teams.
But all that being said, it's a single elimination tournament. Mistakes can't be made or they can win this weekend. Their best win all year was last week.

stlrz fan
01-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Tomlin will not let the Steelers overlook anyone and I hope that he is beating into them that penalties will happen just don't give up any game changers. Willie Colon!!

nickelbolt
01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Fact is the Chargers do have a chance to win this weekend. But they're lucky to even be in the playoffs. With their record, they wouldn't have won any other division in football. They would have finished 2nd in the NFC West, 3rd in most divisions, and 4th in the AFC and NFC East's.

They got to 8 wins by beating mediocre or poor teams.
But all that being said, it's a single elimination tournament. Mistakes can't be made or they can win this weekend. Their best win all year was last week.

Enough with the regular season record already.

Steelers wins vs teams who finished with winning records: 4 (incl. 2 wins vs. Ravens)
Chargers wins vs. Teams who finished with winning records: 3 (4 if you want to throw in the playoff win)

Yes, I realize you were talking regular season and getting "into" the playoffs. But you know what? Tough shit. They're in.

If the Steelers win it will be because they're simply a better team regardless of record. If the Chargers win it will be because they're a better team regardless of record.

Stop trying to convince yourself that this is an inferior opponent. The Chargers did not fold down the stretch... the Broncos did. The Chargers could have packed it in, but instead they sucked it up and decided to finish the season strong and hope for the best.

Deal with it.

SBL1721
01-09-2009, 09:14 AM

Steelers wins vs teams who finished with winning records: 4 (incl. 2 wins vs. Ravens)
Chargers wins vs. Teams who finished with winning records: 3 (4 if you want to throw in the playoff win)

Yes, I realize you were talking regular season and getting "into" the playoffs. But you know what? Tough shit. They're in.

If the Steelers win it will be because they're simply a better team regardless of record. If the Chargers win it will be because they're a better team regardless of record.

Stop trying to convince yourself that this is an inferior opponent. The Chargers did not fold down the stretch... the Broncos did. The Chargers could have packed it in, but instead they sucked it up and decided to finish the season strong and hope for the best.

Deal with it.

It is getting old trying to explain to every fan base how we got into the playoffs. They think we're just wearing the homer glasses but it's not that, it is what it is and it happened.

:wave:

tony hipchest
01-09-2009, 09:17 AM
It is getting old trying to explain to every fan base how we got into the playoffs. They think we're just wearing the homer glasses but it's not that, it is what it is and it happened.

:wave:we get it.

the saints, broncos, chargers, etc. are all good talented teams...

SteelMember
01-09-2009, 09:25 AM
penalties are natural. every team gets them from time to time. it's just the stupid pointless ones you really have to worry about. i bet the refs'll dish out some stupid calls for the Steelers...it always swings that way. the Chargers'll get away with murder. which is always the case. =)

haha! i bet someone said the same thing on the Chargers site about the Steelers. punks asses! haha!

Well, since someone has already admitted to the Pass Interference call being weak, which it was, and basically gave them field position for their only TD, how about this.

The illegal formation penalty against Willie Colon because he was, in the officials opinion, not lined up with his helmet at the centers waist. Weak. Even Simms said "see it all the time with no call". I haven't seen it called in years. A wide receiver, ya, but not the tackle. :noidea: This was after a very big play.

Some penalties are deserved, and some are reaches in interpretation of the rules.

SteelMember
01-09-2009, 09:34 AM

:huh:

The head to head matchup this year is really all we have to go by.

You can say "forget about that Polamalu TD", but at least look at the game in it's entirety.

We drove the field pretty good on your D. Improved or not, it's still the same personnel as far as I can tell.

SteelMember
01-09-2009, 09:35 AM
To get back to the original post...How about

#5 - Paul Ernster

He will not be playing this time. Although Mitch may not be great, he is an improvement none the less. Ernster had a terrible...pathetic game last time we met.

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Regardless of the final score in the last meeting.
We DOUBLED their yardage,
SD - 218 to PGH - 410
almost TRIPLED their first downs,
and had possession of the ball for 13 MORE minutes (thats almost a whole quarter, Charger fans)
23:29 to our 36:31

Oh and you had 2 turnovers, to our zero.

If we match our numbers from last time, there will be no problems..

nickelbolt
01-09-2009, 11:11 AM
we get it.

Finally.... somebody gets it!!! :laughing:

meetball
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Charger fans are jackasses don't even bother with them punks!!!!!!!!!!!This a stupid post.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 11:26 AM

Uh huh....and still not one Chargers fan has stepped up and answered any of my questions on the subject of that game and penalties, just snide remarks and dismissal....I wonder why.

Somehow it doesn't seem to sink in for them that DESPITE 115 yards in penalties (to their 5) we still won the game.

For the life of me, I'll never understand how you can think that was a fairly called game, and that somehow the Chargers just didn't commit more than one false start penalty (and an illegal forward pass penalty that took away a Steelers TD and was said to be an incorrect call).

Guess what, this game Sunday isn't going to have the same flag happy refs in it, so don't expect to see as many penalties or as many calls go in the Chargers favor, they had their shot at running away with the game because of it, chances are it won't happen again like that.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 11:33 AM
# 6. We have the best ST coverage unit in the league. They aren't going to get the same kind of returns they did against the Colts.

meetball
01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Here's something that you're not understanding meetball. The Steelers aren't overlooking the Chargers, not one bit.

Here's how I see it. That's just tough luck for the Chargers. The only way that the Chargers would have a chance to win this game is IF the Steelers would overlook them. It's not happening.

The Chargers are the task at hand, the Chargers ARE the target that the Steelers are focusing on. The Steelers want a piece of the Chargers in the worst freaking way. Does that clear things up for you a bit? Does that make you feel as if the Steelers are respecting your precious Chargers? Respect?? I wouldn't call it respect. I would define it as a predator closing in on its prey.

It's game on Bro, your Charger boys aren't sneaking up on anyone this weekend.

Steelers 31

Chargers 10precious???Some of you guys are so full of yourselves. By 31-10 you mean they have no chance. We have already been over the the fact that a tip of the ball here and there and we could have been 21-4. These 'boys' were in the AFC championship game last year. Its the same team that found the sea legs they were missing the first part of the season. 24-10 Bolt's.

meetball
01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey the Chargers fans on this thread are pretty sane compared to some of the trollier versions I have seen, and you seem to be good natured. Seriously though, 8-8 does mean something. You really did back into the playoffs. the Patriots, as much as i dislike them, and I do like the Chargers, really should be in your spot.

I dont mean any offense, but I do think this game is going to be a blow out in the Steelers favor.

Even if you get by the Steelers, and it could happen, do you really think for one second you can beat the Ravens or the Titans? This aint the Raiders, homie. Uh yeah. We beat the Titans last year. Twice. The 2nd time was a convincing win in the playtoffs. I think we played the Ravens either last year or the year before. The beat us at the buzzer. So yes we can beat them too.

meetball
01-09-2009, 11:41 AM
...its like Steelers fans are supposed to show all this respect to the Chargers but it doesnt seem to go the other way around....I don't know where you get this from. Seriously. Not from me anyway.

meetball
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM
#8 That there are san diego chargers message boards?:tt03:C'mon over. You would be just as new there as you are here.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Some of you guys are so full of yourselves. By 31-10 you mean they have no chance.

Valid point.

24-10 Bolt's.

But then this is where you lost me ya hypocrit.

westcoastransplant
01-09-2009, 11:44 AM
The thing I don't think they realize is that this is not 1994. I drove into work today listening to a SD sports station and all I heard is the Chargers are undefeated against the Steelers in the playoffs. What they don't mention is that it has only been 2 games and the last one was 15 years ago. Most of the players in Sundays game were in grade school back then. It has no bearing whatsoever on Sundays game.

meetball
01-09-2009, 11:45 AM

haha! i bet someone said the same thing on the Chargers site about the Steelers. punks asses! haha!No. Go check it out. And as for the murder thing? Please, all Bolt fans join me in ROTFL

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 11:46 AM
The thing I don't think they realize is that this is not 1994. I drove into work today listening to a SD sports station and all I heard is the Chargers are undefeated against the Steelers in the playoffs. What they don't mention is that it has only been 2 games and the last one was 15 years ago. Most of the players in Sundays game were in grade school back then. It has no bearing whatsoever on Sundays game.

Means absolutely nothing at all. It's amazing how far some folks will reach to "feel good" about things. :noidea:

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 11:46 AM
You know what's funny with all the Chargers fans saying "get over our 8-8 record, stop worrying about the past live in the present, we're here?" I'm, walking by Cletis Gordon's apartment late last night, and I'm not sure who he lives with, his brother or a girlfriend, but anyway, someone gets in car and leaves, the other person is sitting at home and watching the Chargers/Colts game on TV.

What's your point you ask? Well assume Cletis is sitting at home watching the Colts. Bad move, you aren't playing the Colts in 2 days. OK, so it wasn't him. So then he's the one leaving late at night?? Where exactly does one go late at night? Given the Chargers history, sounds like he's going partying. I suppose he could be going somewhere else but when you are going to be returning kicks in a divisional playoff game shouldn't you be doing something better than watching last weeks game or going out late at night??

By the way, along with Sproles and Gordon, Applewhite lives here as well. Sproles is small, it's amazing he can do what he does.

meetball
01-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Valid point.

But then this is where you lost me ya hypocrit.Sorry man. I couldn't resist. Giving some deeper thought I think the game will be much closer.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 11:50 AM
No. Go check it out.

Some Charger's fan called into NFL on Sirius a few days ago and was complaining about the refs in the regular season game vs. us. ..., My jaw hit the floor. We had 13 penalties to S.D.'s 2? 3?

I can't wait to see this game now. All this Charger fan crap is getting annoying.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Sorry man. I couldn't resist. Giving some deeper thought I think the game will be much closer.

That's what they're predicting throughout the whole weekend. All victories within 4 points. It's the NFL playoffs..., why not?

meetball
01-09-2009, 11:54 AM
The thing I don't think they realize is that this is not 1994. I drove into work today listening to a SD sports station and all I heard is the Chargers are undefeated against the Steelers in the playoffs. What they don't mention is that it has only been 2 games and the last one was 15 years ago. Most of the players in Sundays game were in grade school back then. It has no bearing whatsoever on Sundays game.I agree. Silly stat to bring up.

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm still scared to take the Cardinals and those 10 pts.

meetball
01-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Means absolutely nothing at all. It's amazing how far some folks will reach to "feel good" about things. :noidea:I don't think 'we' brought it up. But if it validates your post then that's okay with me.

Hammer67
01-09-2009, 12:08 PM
"My dad is stronger then your dad!"
"Nu-uh! My dad could kick your dad's ass!"

silly threads...... **clicking onward to the next thread**

:coffee:

lilyoder6
01-09-2009, 12:11 PM
what was the chargers record on the east coast this yr

sdchargeher
01-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Uh yeah. We beat the Titans last year. Twice. The 2nd time was a convincing win in the playtoffs. I think we played the Ravens either last year or the year before. The beat us at the buzzer. So yes we can beat them too.

we actually won the last game against the ravens last year 32-14. Game worse than score indicates. And that 2005 game your talking of was early in the season and early in Phillip Rivers career where marty wasn't letting him throw yet. When he did he was doing great but hey you know how marty is.

fansince'76
01-09-2009, 12:12 PM
"My dad is stronger then your dad!"
"Nu-uh! My dad could kick your dad's ass!"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't think 'we' brought it up. But if it validates your post then that's okay with me.

He said it was a SD sports station that brought it up. Not necessarily the fans.

revefsreleets
01-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Eh, it doesn't really matter. I just keep thinking that if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be more respectful of the clearly superior team, and not try to fob off a bunch of excuses for a mediocre year against pretty inferior competition.

Last year we weren't a team built for a long playoff run and we, well, didn't have a long playoff run. This year the Bolts are in the same boat, and that'll become apparent Sunday. I know I wasn't visiting any Jags boards last year spouting off smack, and our record was better than 8-8.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Eh, it doesn't really matter. I just keep thinking that if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be more respectful of the clearly superior team, and not try to fob off a bunch of excuses for a mediocre year against pretty inferior competition.

Last year we weren't a team built for a long playoff run and we, well, didn't have a long playoff run. This year the Bolts are in the same boat, and that'll become apparent Sunday. I know I wasn't visiting any Jags boards last year spouting off smack, and our record was better than 8-8.

:applaudit: :hatsoff: :tt03:

SBL1721
01-09-2009, 12:24 PM
we get it.

Thanks man.

Hammer67
01-09-2009, 12:30 PM
we get it.

:toofunny:

The best part is that I don't think your intended audience "got" your drift...too funny.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 12:36 PM

The best part is that I don't think your intended audience "got" your drift...too funny.

:laughing: Shhhhh. :wink02:

nickelbolt
01-09-2009, 12:57 PM

Without the little sarcasm smilie... I mean... can you blame us?

(I'm actually done caring about it. Doesn't make a bit of difference anymore. Both teams will be ready to play a football game on Sunday. The winner will be in the Superbowl.)

baphamet
01-09-2009, 12:57 PM
its hilarious when steeler fans post our regular season record, as if it has any bearing on this game in the playoffs.

the chargers have won a playoff game against a pretty good team and are 4-1 under norv in the playoffs.

the steelers are still looking for their first playoff win under the new coaching regime.

if you steelers fans want to think the chargers are a scrub and stand no chance at beating your mighty steelers then by all means go right ahead.

its not going to change the fact that this is going to be a tough game for you, this isn't college football, this is the NFL and the chargers have a much better chance at winning than almost every steelers fan gives them credit for.

Hammer67
01-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Without the little sarcasm smilie... I mean... can you blame us?

(I'm actually done caring about it. Doesn't make a bit of difference anymore. Both teams will be ready to play a football game on Sunday. The winner will be in the Superbowl.)

You are correct. At least about the first part. Teams play the game, fans watch. So, it is rather pointless to have threads like this anyway.

Have fun watching the game peeps! :drink:

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:01 PM
its hilarious when steeler fans post our regular season record, as if it has any bearing on this game in the playoffs.

the chargers have won a playoff game against a pretty good team and are 4-1 under norv in the playoffs.

the steelers are still looking for their first playoff win under the new coaching regime.

if you steelers fans want to think the chargers are a scrub and stand no chance at beating your mighty steelers then by all means go right ahead.

its not going to change the fact that this is going to be a tough game for you, this isn't college football, this is the NFL and the chargers have a much better chance at winning than almost every steelers fan gives them credit for.

Keep on dreaming charger boy!! :toofunny:

you guys crack me up!! BTW what rock are all you trolls coming from??

baphamet
01-09-2009, 01:03 PM

LMAO!! that is exactly why you get none.

you want us to bow down to your "clearly Superior team"? i say kiss my ass with that garbage.

did you steelers fans bow down to every team you faced in 2005? because they were "clearly the superior team"?

after your steelers beat them did that still make them superior? :coffee:

no matter how much you homers think your team just cant lose and have already wrapped up the SB, these teams still have to play each other on Sunday.

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 01:04 PM
BTW what rock are all you trolls coming from??

The broncos forum probably.:blah:

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Dude why are all you charger clowns always pumpin out your chests when, you fools have always been the laughing stock of the NFL!! you guys have always been chokers in the playoffs, and you guys have no rings!!

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 01:06 PM

you want us to bow down to your "clearly Superior team"? i say kiss my ass with that garbage.

no matter how much you homers think your team just cant lose and have already wrapped up the SB, these teams still have to play each other on Sunday.

Pot meet kettle, welcome to the STEELERS board :troll:

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:07 PM
The broncos forum probably.:blah:

Probably if so, they should stay over there!! can't wait to beat there arses sunday, so i wont see a charger troll on here nomore

SteelersinCA
Dude why are all you charger clowns always pumpin out your chests when, you fools have always been the laughing stock of the NFL!! you guys have always been chokers in the playoffs, and you guys have no rings!!

They are an annoying pimple on the NFL's ass. It will be better when they move to San Antonio or L.A.

baphamet
Keep on dreaming charger boy!! :toofunny:

you guys crack me up!! BTW what rock are all you trolls coming from??

dreaming about what? its the majority of you steelers fans here living in a dream world where your team just cant lose.

and i think it is clear why were are here, Ive been talking smack all year, just haven't come to your forum until now.

don't worry, i will be gone next week. you guys better hope your team does dominate like almost all of you are saying, if not there will be some serious crow here to be served.

assuming i don't get banned if your team loses. :chuckle:

meetball
01-09-2009, 01:08 PM
He said it was a SD sports station that brought it up. Not necessarily the fans.ESPN. The network that thinks their is no football team west of the rivers.

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:08 PM

did you steelers fans bow down to every team you faced in 2005? because they were "clearly the superior team"?

The last time i checked this was a steelers board, not a chargeless board fool!

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 01:09 PM

From what I understand, that's only a Dolt's forum thing. I'd say ask your moderator Chargertom, but he was already banned here for being a jackass. Look up his posts, then point and laugh at him.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 01:10 PM

First, you are who you are which is an 8-8 team in a weak division.

Second, I believe you are 3-1 in the playoffs under Norv. (2007 WC, 2007 Div, lost AFC title game and one WC win this year).

baphamet
Pot meet kettle, welcome to the STEELERS board :troll:

i know i am a homer, but at least i am somewhat realistic. i had no clue your fans were this bad though. don't get me wrong, your team is very good but not unstoppable. :coffee:

Polamalu43
They are an annoying pimple on the NFL's ass. It will be better when they move to San Antonio or L.A.

No thanks i don't want them in my city!! maybe they should send them to alaska or something!

baphamet
01-09-2009, 01:12 PM
First, you are who you are which is an 8-8 team in a weak division.

Second, I believe you are 3-1 in the playoffs under Norv. (2007 WC, 2007 Div, lost AFC title game and one WC win this year).

you are right, that was a typo. but tell me, if you are who you are, how did your team ever win the SB in 2005?

please do put your homer spin on that one.

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:12 PM
dreaming about what? its the majority of you steelers fans here living in a dream world where your team just cant lose.

and i think it is clear why were are here, Ive been talking smack all year, just haven't come to your forum until now.

don't worry, i will be gone next week. you guys better hope your team does dominate like almost all of you are saying, if not there will be some serious crow here to be served.

as long as you don't act like a jackass then it's all good. our mods here ain't like chargertom , if your not a charger fan over there he bans you hahahah what a joke!

baphamet
01-09-2009, 01:14 PM
From what I understand, that's only a Dolt's forum thing. I'd say ask your moderator Chargertom, but he was already banned here for being a jackass. Look up his posts, then point and laugh at him.

i rarely post overthere for that very reason. but it isn't just a CMB thing, the pats forum did the same thing last year after the SB from what i hear.

NJarhead
ESPN. The network that thinks their is no football team west of the rivers.

Take a serious look at the two western divisions and tell me how much attention they really deserve. Both division champs are 8-8 and are only in the playoffs because the current rules call for at least one team from every division be represented. When the NFL gets their collective shit together and realize that a team like the Patsies should have been there and a team like the pedestrian Chargers should be home, things will be as they should.

SteelersinCA
i know i am a homer, but at least i am somewhat realistic. i had no clue your fans were this bad though. don't get me wrong, your team is very good but not unstoppable. :coffee:

I haven't seen anyone say they were unstoppable, but bravado is bravado, being here in SD you would certainly get the impression the Chargers fans think they are mighty unstoppable.

baphamet
01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
as long as you don't act like a jackass then it's all good. our mods here ain't like chargertom , if your not a charger fan over there he bans you hahahah what a joke!

well i have my own opinions that rival most the fans here, so hopefully my different opinion doesn't = jackass. :chuckle:

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I haven't seen anyone say they were unstoppable, but bravado is bravado, being here in SD you would certainly get the impression the Chargers fans think they are mighty unstoppable.

I still wonder how the pats fans feel about going 11-5 and not making the playoffs and then seeing the chargers at 8-8 and making it haha. if that was my team i would still be pissed!

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 01:17 PM
i rarely post overthere for that very reason. but it isn't just a CMB thing, the pats forum did the same thing last year after the SB from what i hear.

I don't know I usually don't frequent opposing teams boards. The Chargertom thing was funny though. :noidea:

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 01:18 PM
you are right, that was a typo. but tell me, if you are who you are, how did your team ever win the SB in 2005?

please do put your homer spin on that one.

Whoa! No homerism here bud and I challenge you to find a post of mine stating that the Chargers have no chance.

In 2005 we at least had 10 or 11 wins I think and I don't think there was an AFC team that deserved to have our spot in the playoffs. This year it is highly arguable that another AFC team or two should have been there in place of the Chargers.

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I still wonder how the pats fans feel about going 11-5 and not making the playoffs and then seeing the chargers at 8-8 and making it haha. if that was my team i would still be pissed!

I don't mind it, the Chargers deserve to be in the playoffs, they won their division, that's all you can ask for. Then consider it's the cheatriots, I'm not going to feel sorry for them one bit. You will always have random anomalies, I don't think we need an overhaul just because a worthy Charger team made it. The Chargers did smash the Patriots head to head, so I can't see home the Cheats have any room to complain.

baphamet

Ive seen plenty of that, at least for this game. just look around, i even seen a steelers fan compare this match-up to a college football game.

the steelers being the big name school while the chargers being the small shitty wac type school. :ROFL:

yes the chargers have delusional fans too, but i actually thought better of most the steelers fans. i figured after 2005 you guys wouldn't think like this, guess i was wrong.

stlrtruck

And I say kiss my arse to the fact that you guys come in thumping your chest about doing this and doing that when clearly you haven't done squat in the playoffs for some time now.

You think that just because you survived the regular season and beat the colts at home that you are all of a sudden some superior team.

No matter how much you charger :troll:s think your team can win, and are already preparing for either the titans or the ratbirds, your boys still have to come in to Pittsburgh and face the Men.

Yes, I do think my team is superior to yours. While I have respect for the chargers and what they accomplished down the stretch, it doesn't mean they're better or that they even belong on our field.

Most of you chargers fans are all alike. Get your arse kicked in the regular season, survive one game in the playoffs and starting trolling other team's boards pounding your chest only to have your team embarrassed year after year after year.

-ratbirds forum overwhelmed with trolls 2 years ago and dumped by the ratbirds
-last year I'll guess it was the same with the patriots* forum and you got dumped again
-and now this year to the Steelers board - wonder what the end result will be? :noidea: Another thumping?

Of course instead of staying in your hole, you want to come to a STEELERS board and try to tell us that we should be scared, that we should bow down, are you freaking serious?

The chargers have survived while the Steelers have thrived! Sunday you are about to find out what a superior team looks, acts, and sounds like and it certainly in hell won't be wearing powder blue!!

stlrtruck
01-09-2009, 01:21 PM
yes the chargers have delusional fans too, but i actually thought better of most the steelers fans. i figured after 2005 you guys wouldn't think like this, guess i was wrong.

And after the thumpings your team has taken over the past few years in the playoffs I figured chargers fans would stop thumping their chest every time the team is in the playoffs, at least until they do something - like win a SUPER BOWL! But guess I was wrong!

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't mind it, the Chargers deserve to be in the playoffs, they won their division, that's all you can ask for. Then consider it's the cheatriots, I'm not going to feel sorry for them one bit. You will always have random anomalies, I don't think we need an overhaul just because a worthy Charger team made it. The Chargers did smash the Patriots head to head, so I can't see home the Cheats have any room to complain.

True, but i ve seen alot of posts in here that if they beat us sunay, they will berooting for them to win it all the way. As far as me, i will never be rootin for the chargers, LOL i hate them that much. i would rather root for a NFC team in the SB then root for the chargers!

Dr. Steel
01-09-2009, 01:22 PM
All I have to say is Steelers fans should be confident in their team. The Steelers were 12-4 this year with a very tough schedule and are the AFC's #2 seed for a reason. The Chargers fans should be confident to. The Chargers are on a winning streak and beat the Colts. So I have no problem with fans being confident in their team.

But Chargers fans remember this is a Steelers site. What did you expect when coming here? Did you really think you were going to find posts of Steelers fans thinking the Chargers were going to kick the Steelers ass?

baphamet
01-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Whoa! No homerism here bud and I challenge you to find a post of mine stating that the Chargers have no chance.

In 2005 we at least had 10 or 11 wins I think and I don't think there was an AFC team that deserved to have our spot in the playoffs. This year it is highly arguable that another AFC team or two should have been there in place of the Chargers.

not naming you in particular dude, but i am just saying in general. in 2005 the steelers were the 6th seed and won all of their games on the road to win a SB.

every single game they were a underdog (if i remember right)

fansince'76
01-09-2009, 01:25 PM

Tell you what, why don't you crawl back to the hole you came from and tell some of your own slobbering delusional homers with their heads in the clouds that instead of coming to another team's board to lecture people? Clean up your own house first, pal.

Chargers: 51
Steelers: 0

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315231#post2315231

Yes I do smell a blow out..

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315295#post2315295

Yes. The Chargers are going to rout the Steelers...BIG TIME. Mark my words.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315352#post2315352

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we beat the Steelers badly.

Chargers 31
Steelers 17

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315619#post2315619

I do think the Chargers will win this game easily.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315644#post2315644

nickelbolt
01-09-2009, 01:25 PM

Pats fans have no reason to be pissed at the Chargers... since they were embarrassed during the season by a pretty bad Chargers team.

Talk about "schedule" and wins vs. good teams... they were dogshit. Yeah, they did more than anyone thought they would with Brady out. But the Pats would have been one and done in the playoffs. No doubt in my mind.

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Ive seen plenty of that, at least for this game. just look around, i even seen a steelers fan compare this match-up to a college football game.

the steelers being the big name school while the chargers being the small shitty wac type school. :ROFL:

I understand your point of view, but I think you have to look at it from both perspectives. The Chargers have had a very disappointing season and got an amazing streak of luck to get into the playoffs. Then rode that to win 1 game against the Colts. On the other hand you have a team that was pretty dominating all year. Only loses are to playoff teams, only real beating was by the Eagles in week 2.

We both could make up mounds of excuses and could-ofs and what-ifs, like what if the fumble was ruled a fumble, what if the last second Panthers score didn't happen, what if our longsnapper doesnt get injured, what if the Colts miss the FG, but it doesn't change the background and perspective. 12-4 vs 8-8.

Then you couple that with the Charger fans coming in here and saying we're a whole new team, can't stop Sproles, blah blah, blah blah. You can see how that would get annoying.

Personally they way I see it, the Chargers are a talented team that had a terribly disappointing season, caught a wave of luck and won one quality game. Are they peaking at the right time, maybe, but if any fan base should be feeling confident, which do you think it should be 12-4 or 8-8? just my .02 :wave:

Jammer
01-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I understand your point of view, but I think you have to look at it from both perspectives. The Chargers have had a very disappointing season and got an amazing streak of luck to get into the playoffs. Then rode that to win 1 game against the Colts. On the other hand you have a team that was pretty dominating all year. Only loses are to playoff teams, only real beating was by the Eagles in week 2.

We both could make up mounds of excuses and could-ofs and what-ifs, like what if the fumble was ruled a fumble, what if the last second Panthers score didn't happen, what if our longsnapper doesnt get injured, what if the Colts miss the FG, but it doesn't change the background and perspective. 12-4 vs 8-8.

Then you couple that with the Charger fans coming in here and saying we're a whole new team, can't stop Sproles, blah blah, blah blah. You can see how that would get annoying.

Personally they way I see it, the Chargers are a talented team that had a terribly disappointing season, caught a wave of luck and won one quality game. Are they peaking at the right time, maybe, but if any fan base should be feeling confident, which do you think it should be 12-4 or 8-8? just my .02 :wave:

What will Steelers record (12-4) do for you on Monday if you lose to a 9-8 Chargers team at home :) :tt03:

xlchamps
01-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Look guys lets put it this way even though we beat the Steelers 11-10 it just shows we didn’t allow chargers to get away from us, Ben had a great day threw for 309 yard, parker had a great day also with 115 rushing yards. I tell you point blank why we will beat them; it’s the same reason why Adrian Peterson was able to break Jamal Lewis record last year in rushing yards in a game, CHARGERS CANT STOP THE RUN! Parker seems to be healthy, so I predict that parker rushes for at least 120 yards if not even more. Ben I think has proven himself that he can play when he’s injured, if a motorcycle accident cant keep him down nothing can lol! Plus I think our o-line will do a much better job protecting Ben, just because he had a concussion so their be on their A game threw out the playoffs and the superbowl hopefully:tt:. That given said take it from the Doctor.

Steelers win 24-13:tt::tt02::tt03:

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:31 PM
What will Steelers record (12-4) do for you on Monday if you lose to a 9-8 Chargers team at home :) :tt03:

We won't ever be able to answer that cause we all know that ain't gonna happen!! :wave:

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Tell you what, why don't you crawl back to the hole you came from and tell some of your own slobbering delusional homers with their heads in the clouds that instead of coming to another team's board to lecture people? Clean up your own house first, pal.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315231#post2315231

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315295#post2315295

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315352#post2315352

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315619#post2315619

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2315644#post2315644

HAHAH that there is a JOKE!! Typical charger fans... :toofunny::laughing:

meetball
01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
All I have to say is Steelers fans should be confident in their team. The Steelers were 12-4 this year with a very tough schedule and are the AFC's #2 seed for a reason. The Chargers fans should be confident to. The Chargers are on a winning streak and beat the Colts. So I have no problem with fans being confident in their team.

But Chargers fans remember this is a Steelers site. What did you expect when coming here? Did you really think you were going to find posts of Steelers fans thinking the Chargers were going to kick the Steelers ass?No. I have stated that much in a previous post in this thread.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 01:34 PM
not naming you in particular dude, but i am just saying in general. in 2005 the steelers were the 6th seed and won all of their games on the road to win a SB.

every single game they were a underdog (if i remember right)

They were (as were the Giants were last year). In fact, the Steelers got revenge on the Bengals and Colts for regular seaon losses before dismantling the Bronco's in the AFCCG.

The Chargers have a lot of weapons. I know that, but I have to admit that I am less worried when I look at how much they struggled in the regular season. Can the Chargers beat the Steelers? No question about it. But, I don't believe an 8-8 team has ever gone deep into the playoffs (not that that is reason to say the Chargers won't be the first) and I believe there is a reason for it:

The Chargers record could have been much different if not for one play here or there. Well, so could have the Steelers' record. The difference is that good teams finish. When you have a match-up such as this one that will likely be tight, it'll come down to the team that finishes its games and the Steelers have been doing that all year long. In fact, they're now a very confident team for it.

12-4 in a very tough schedule vs. 8-8 in a very weak division. If the tables were reversed, you would be arguing the same thing I am.

SteelersinCA
01-09-2009, 01:37 PM

Nothing but it should explain the sentiments pre game which is what we are in right now, correct? At the end of Sunday we'll still have 5 rings, how many will the Chargers have. We'll still have the most wins of any franchise since 1970, what will the Chargers have? :hatsoff:

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 01:39 PM

For us? Nothing. But it'll make NFL History for the Chargers. In 42 years of Super Bowl era playoffs I don't think that has ever happened. But you're right! If anyone can do it, it's those Chargers! How they fought through so much adversity to get that elusive AFC West Title I'll never know. :coffee:

Polamalu43
01-09-2009, 01:40 PM
For us? Nothing. But it'll make NFL History for the Chargers. In 42 years of Super Bowl era playoffs I don't think that has ever happened. But you're right! If anyone can do it, it's those Chargers! How they fought through so much adversity to get that elusive AFC West Title I'll never know. :coffee:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chargers17
01-09-2009, 01:57 PM
They were (as were the Giants were last year). In fact, the Steelers got revenge on the Bengals and Colts for regular seaon losses before dismantling the Bronco's in the AFCCG.

The Chargers have a lot of weapons. I know that, but I have to admit that I am less worried when I look at how much they struggled in the regular season. Can the Chargers beat the Steelers? No question about it. But, I don't believe an 8-8 team has ever gone deep into the playoffs (not that that is reason to say the Chargers won't be the first) and I believe there is a reason for it:

The Chargers record could have been much different if not for one play here or there. Well, so could have the Steelers' record. The difference is that good teams finish. When you have a match-up such as this one that will likely be tight, it'll come down to the team that finishes its games and the Steelers have been doing that all year long. In fact, they're now a very confident team for it.

12-4 in a very tough schedule vs. 8-8 in a very weak division. If the tables were reversed, you would be arguing the same thing I am.

Solid post. You are right. Good teams finish, and had the Chargers been a good team all season, we wouldnt have to sit here and explain "that we arent the normal 8-8 team". I know there are fans on here like you who REALIZE how the Chargers lost some of thier games, and who may have actually seen a Charger game or two, but there are lots on here that just look at the record and say this team doesnt deserve to be in the postseason. Ask P. Manning and T. Dungy if this team belongs in the postseason.
But to use your logic, good teams must finish well. And thats exactly what the Chargers have done. They have been in what-in-essense were must win games for 5 weeks now, and no matter the competition, found a way to pull out some wins, when a lot of teams mentioned on here didnt. (Tampa, Denver, etc.) Nobody would say the Colts didnt belong in the playoffs, and anyone who watched that game knows that a couple of redzone TO's and a freak (athought Brilliant) touchdown pass by Manning were the only thing that kept that game close. So if we are going to say that good teams finish games well, we have to admit that teams that finish the season peaking and beat a great (see 9 game winning streak, one against Pitt) Colts team are worthy of being callled good too.
Thoughts?

heres to an injury free game in football weather!

LVSteelersfan
01-09-2009, 02:01 PM
I know the Chargers defense has me shaking in my boots. (NOT) Realize you have by far the WORST DEFENSE left in the AFC playoffs. Not even close. And the Steelers offense is not as bad as a lot of these so called prognosticators want to think. DEFENSE wins championships and Chargers AINT GOT IT. Ben is a bona fide winning QB. I am not concerned about a whimpy team like the Chargers and their pathetic D.

Chargers17
01-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I know the Chargers defense has me shaking in my boots. (NOT) Realize you have by far the WORST DEFENSE left in the AFC playoffs. Not even close. And the Steelers offense is not as bad as a lot of these so called prognosticators want to think. DEFENSE wins championships and Chargers AINT GOT IT. Ben is a bona fide winning QB. I am not concerned about a whimpy team like the Chargers and their pathetic D.

Offense is as bad as people think? How many OFFENSIVE points did your team put up last time against our so-called "WORST DEFENSE left in the AFC playoffs"?

nickelbolt
01-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Offense is as bad as people think? How many OFFENSIVE points did your team put up last time against our so-called "WORST DEFENSE left in the AFC playoffs"?

Shhh... the #2 scoring offense in the league is horrible. :laughing:

LVSteelersfan
01-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Just keep thinking our offense is bad. That is good. We rolled on the Chargers in every statistic in the last game. It was no contest. How did your high calibred O do against the Steelers D last time? That is all that matters. Ben and Willie need to control the ball and not turn it over, and this game is a cakewalk. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Chargers17
01-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Just keep thinking our offense is bad. That is good. We rolled on the Chargers in every statistic in the last game. It was no contest. How did your high calibred O do against the Steelers D last time? That is all that matters. Ben and Willie need to control the ball and not turn it over, and this game is a cakewalk. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Wow, way to duck a question. I'll help ya with this one. 3FG's. That was not the defense we have now. And i AGREE with you, of all the teams left in the AFC, id put up last as far defense is concerened, and youre right, if our Offense cant move the ball, your Offense wont have to do much and it wont even matter. ITs going to be fun and we will see. BTW statistics mean nothing! Ask P. Manning. If they did, we'd be 12-4.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Solid post. You are right. Good teams finish, and had the Chargers been a good team all season, we wouldnt have to sit here and explain "that we arent the normal 8-8 team". I know there are fans on here like you who REALIZE how the Chargers lost some of thier games, and who may have actually seen a Charger game or two, but there are lots on here that just look at the record and say this team doesnt deserve to be in the postseason. Ask P. Manning and T. Dungy if this team belongs in the postseason.
But to use your logic, good teams must finish well. And thats exactly what the Chargers have done. They have been in what-in-essense were must win games for 5 weeks now, and no matter the competition, found a way to pull out some wins, when a lot of teams mentioned on here didnt. (Tampa, Denver, etc.) Nobody would say the Colts didnt belong in the playoffs, and anyone who watched that game knows that a couple of redzone TO's and a freak (athought Brilliant) touchdown pass by Manning were the only thing that kept that game close. So if we are going to say that good teams finish games well, we have to admit that teams that finish the season peaking and beat a great (see 9 game winning streak, one against Pitt) Colts team are worthy of being callled good too.
Thoughts?

heres to an injury free game in football weather!

This may sound crazy but, I don't think the Colts are all that. You guys have beaten them, we have beaten them (although lost a heart breaker this year) and the Pats beat them regularly. No, you have a point in celebrating the Chargers for winning these last 5 games. That is a team that is peaking at the right time (playing Oakland, Kansas City and a floundering Denver team helps too, but hey! I'll be the first to admit that you have to play with the hand you're dealt).

Let me ask you though; The Chargers ARE 8-8 and did play in a relatively weak division this year. They are going to play a very tough 12-4 Steelers team with the best defense in the NFL. What are your concerns?

SteelCityKing
01-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Wow, way to duck a question. I'll help ya with this one. 3FG's. That was not the defense we have now. And i AGREE with you, of all the teams left in the AFC, id put up last as far defense is concerened, and youre right, if our Offense cant move the ball, your Offense wont have to do much and it wont even matter. ITs going to be fun and we will see. BTW statistics mean nothing! Ask P. Manning. If they did, we'd be 12-4.

if statistics don't matter, then what does?

...oh wait, i have a great idea...shut up. =)

kidding. i've just wanting to say that all day. here's my theory, you are not 12-4...you are 8-8. statistically, and i mean this in the best possible sense of the word, you blow. okay? so, there's that...and there is this, the Steelers on their 76 years as a franchise have only lost to the same team twice at home ONE TIME. (Jacksonvile Jaguars last season). i'm going to go above and beyond, and obvious and say you guys don't have a chance in h-e-double hockey sticks pulling off a win IN Pittsburgh versus our squad. honestly, it's not happening. the sooner you learn that, the sooner we won't have to read your nonsense. savvy? grand. peace.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 02:18 PM

I wouldn't go as far to say it's going to be a cakewalk, I think it'll be a hard fought game on both sides, but you do make a good point in saying that their high scoring offense was not very high scoring when matched up against our D.

Really, the only thing that will lose the game for the Steelers is TO's, in games where Ben has had 2 TO's or less, we've won, sometimes by large margins and 5 times against top ranked defenses. That's really the only thing Charger fans can hope for. No high scoring offense has fared well against our defense and really the only way those teams were able to put up TD's or get wins were off of TO's.

Chargers17
01-09-2009, 02:33 PM
if statistics don't matter, then what does?

...oh wait, i have a great idea...shut up. =)

kidding. i've just wanting to say that all day. here's my theory, you are not 12-4...you are 8-8. statistically, and i mean this in the best possible sense of the word, you blow. okay? so, there's that...and there is this, the Steelers on their 76 years as a franchise have only lost to the same team twice at home ONE TIME. (Jacksonvile Jaguars last season). i'm going to go above and beyond, and obvious and say you guys don't have a chance in h-e-double hockey sticks pulling off a win IN Pittsburgh versus our squad. honestly, it's not happening. the sooner you learn that, the sooner we won't have to read your nonsense. savvy? grand. peace.

Getting to the playoffs and winning is WHAT matters!!!!
They dont give a trophy for the team with the best Stats. If stats mattered a lot of teams that are home right now, would be still in it, and a lot of the teams that ARE in it wouldnt be.
I'm not sure what you brought up the other arguement for, we didnt beat you last time and therefore if we pull it out Sunday would only have beaten you once at home this year?

Chargers17
01-09-2009, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say it's going to be a cakewalk, I think it'll be a hard fought game on both sides, but you do make a good point in saying that their high scoring offense was not very high scoring when matched up against our D.

Really, the only thing that will lose the game for the Steelers is TO's, in games where Ben has had 2 TO's or less, we've won, sometimes by large margins and 5 times against top ranked defenses. That's really the only thing Charger fans can hope for. No high scoring offense has fared well against our defense and really the only way those teams were able to put up TD's or get wins were off of TO's.

I'm with you. TO's will decide this game, but the arguement some people make is that nobody can beat us, we can only beat ourselves with TO's. There is someting that is left out with this thinking. Good teams FORCE turnovers. Yes QB's make dumb throws, and RB's Drop the rock, but good teams strip the ball and play the right coverage and make plays. Sure there are fluke TO's but for the most part, good teams make a habit of winning the TO battle. So lets make a pact. Whosever team loses, if its due to TO's lets congratulate the OTHER team form causing them, and not play the "the only way you beat us was...." card. Deal?

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm with you. TO's will decide this game, but the arguement some people make is that nobody can beat us, we can only beat ourselves with TO's. There is someting that is left out with this thinking. Good teams FORCE turnovers. Yes QB's make dumb throws, and RB's Drop the rock, but good teams strip the ball and play the right coverage and make plays. Sure there are fluke TO's but for the most part, good teams make a habit of winning the TO battle. So lets make a pact. Whosever team loses, if its due to TO's lets congratulate the OTHER team form causing them, and not play the "the only way you beat us was...." card. Deal?

I was never saying that I would use that as an excuse if we lost, though it would be a major reason why for either team, you are correct in that. I will absolutely give my congrats to the Chargers and their fans if they win the game, it will be a well deserved win if they can pull it off, so there's no reason not to.

My only twist on your statement would be while good teams force TO's, good QB's avoid them as well, which Ben shows up at the game will ultimately decide the outcome in my eyes. Will it be the one that played smart against the Chargers, Pats, Cowboys and Ravens, or will it be the one that faced the Titans and threw 2 INT's and had 4 fumbles (? give or take one, I can't even remember how many). As a Steeler fan of course I'm hoping it's the first one.

One thing that gives me hope as well is actually something that most fans of the Chargers see as a non-factor and that's the weather. If the weather is bad this game (which at this point there's only a slight chance that it will be) it actually increases Ben's performances, he takes better care of the ball and has not lost any of the 5 games where the weather has been bad and has had very few TO's in those games. Granted, 2 of those games were Browns and Bengals games, but the other 3 (Indy, Pats, Cowboys) the opposing QB's went to have some of their worst games as far as TO's and stats go and Ben would have some of his best. I'm not saying it's a definite lock that he won't play bad if the weather is bad, but he's proven he does play very smart in those conditions.

Chargers17
01-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I was never saying that I would use that as an excuse if we lost, though it would be a major reason why for either team, you are correct in that. I will absolutely give my congrats to the Chargers and their fans if they win the game, it will be a well deserved win if they can pull it off, so there's no reason not to.

My only twist on your statement would be while good teams force TO's, good QB's avoid them as well, which Ben shows up at the game will ultimately decide the outcome in my eyes. Will it be the one that played smart against the Chargers, Pats, Cowboys and Ravens, or will it be the one that faced the Titans and threw 2 INT's and had 4 fumbles (? give or take one, I can't even remember how many). As a Steeler fan of course I'm hoping it's the first one.

One thing that gives me hope as well is actually something that most fans of the Chargers see as a non-factor and that's the weather. If the weather is bad this game (which at this point there's only a slight chance that it will be) it actually increases Ben's performances, he takes better care of the ball and has not lost any of the 5 games where the weather has been bad and has had very few TO's in those games. Granted, 2 of those games were Browns and Bengals games, but the other 3 (Indy, Pats, Cowboys) the opposing QB's went to have some of their worst games as far as TO's and stats go and Ben would have some of his best. I'm not saying it's a definite lock that he won't play bad if the weather is bad, but he's proven he does play very smart in those conditions.

Brilliant post. Good QB's do tend to avoid them and youre right, we dont know which "Ben" will show up on Sunday. My prayer is that no matter which Ben shows up he has no ill effects from his head injury. Ive had a couple of concussions and any time i so as bump my head im STILL not right.
I love WATCHING football in REAL weather, but i do agree with you that that would favor the steelers and here is why. There are enough SD players that went to cold weather colleges so they know how to play in the weather, but a STRENTGH in Sproles game is speed and quick moves, and nobody is fact or moving quick with that footing. If thats the case, i hope Hester and Benned can as least keep you D honest with the run game. By the way my last post want directed at you, sorry if it came across in any way other than respectful.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Brilliant post. Good QB's do tend to avoid them and youre right, we dont know which "Ben" will show up on Sunday. My prayer is that no matter which Ben shows up he has no ill effects from his head injury. Ive had a couple of concussions and any time i so as bump my head im STILL not right.
I love WATCHING football in REAL weather, but i do agree with you that that would favor the steelers and here is why. There are enough SD players that went to cold weather colleges so they know how to play in the weather, but a STRENTGH in Sproles game is speed and quick moves, and nobody is fact or moving quick with that footing. If thats the case, i hope Hester and Benned can as least keep you D honest with the run game. By the way my last post want directed at you, sorry if it came across in any way other than respectful.

Oh no, it's ok, I didn't take any personal disrespect to the comment. I really do think though that practice conditions and year round playing conditions have an impact on warm weather teams, no matter where they used to play. If you look at someone like Romo, who grew up in Wisconsin, he had one of his worst games of the year in the cold, windy conditions at Pitt. A large part of that in my eyes was how they ran their practices down in Dallas though, they knew the conditions were going to be freezing and windy, yet they moved their practice indoors one day because it was too windy lol. He also had stated before the game that he was used to playing in cold weather and that 7 degree wind chills were like a fall day for him, then he wore no sleeves, no gloves and had his hand warmer turned around facing his back, for the entire game. All I heard from Dallas fans on their board all week was that weather would have no effect on the game and that both teams have to deal with it , so it's no advantage at all and I truly believe it ended up being a huge advantage for the Steelers that day. Because of the division we're in, more times than not during this time of year our players are out in those cold conditions, so they get more continued exposure to it.

I'm worried about Ben's concussions as well and I hope that they really put a lot into evaluating him and clearing him for the game, or else I will lose a ton of respect for the organization that I've known and loved for my whole life. We have a quality back up in Leftwich right now, so I hope if Ben shows big signs of struggling out there they do the right thing and take him out of the game.

markymarc
01-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Well at least in 2 more days we can actually watch our teams instead of talking about them :chuckle: And yes the Steelers defense will show why they are #1 in the NFL.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-09-2009, 08:13 PM
LETS GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!!!

Lambertfan
01-09-2009, 08:27 PM
All I know is.I was at the playoff game in 94 and I never want to feel that way again....oh and i remember 83 strike shortened year that it was...that was a heartbreaker..saw it on TV at my Uncle's house...had some great times there and broke a couch once...Go Steeler po:tt03::tt02::helmet:und the bolts in the ground!!!!!

Electric Chair
01-09-2009, 10:12 PM
For your gambling pleasure... Home teams with rest in this round of the playoffs are 6-5 straight up & 1-10 against the spread in the last 5 years. This one is going to be a nailbiter, regardless of how many of you wish otherwise. May the best team win.

meetball
01-09-2009, 10:27 PM

In 2005 we at least had 10 or 11 wins I think and I don't think there was an AFC team that deserved to have our spot in the playoffs. This year it is highly arguable that another AFC team or two should have been there in place of the Chargers.I have now seem a couple of post inferring that the system that is set up is broken. If the Pats should be here and the Bolt's should not, why stop there. Why not just eliminate the conference system altogether. If all you want is the best teams then what is the point of having division\conference as a system? Where do you stop with it. What a shame it would be if the Steelers lost to a team that shouldn't even be there at all. I know. Just have one big division with all the best teams at the top going to the playoffs. Fact is, the Bolt's did what they had to do to win the division that they are placed in by the league. Weak division or not thats the way it is. If the only way we get in is through the back door then so be it. Quit cryin about this. Cripes... you guys better be effen ready, were gonna give you a fuggin game.

meetball
01-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't mind it, the Chargers deserve to be in the playoffs, they won their division, that's all you can ask for. Then consider it's the cheatriots, I'm not going to feel sorry for them one bit. You will always have random anomalies, I don't think we need an overhaul just because a worthy Charger team made it. The Chargers did smash the Patriots head to head, so I can't see home the Cheats have any room to complain.Sorry. Shoulda read one more post before my rant. Thanks for that.

gobolts_charger
01-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Can we just kick the ball off already?!

A whole week of banter back & forth..our is better, yours is better.......

Once the game gets started, it'll be 2 very good teams going at it inch for inch,
hit by hit, & score for score.

Here's to a close, entertaining & injury free game!!

Go Bolts!!

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Can we just kick the ball off already?!

A whole week of banter back & forth..our is better, yours is better.......

Once the game gets started, it'll be 2 very good teams going at it inch for inch,
hit by hit, & score for score.

Here's to a close, entertaining & injury free game!!

Go Bolts!!

Hey you guys at least got to play last week! Imagine having to wait 2 weeks to play in a playoff game. I think most Steeler fans are ripping their hair out in anticipation right now lol. I think that's a big part of all the heavy smack talk as well, we are just pumped up and ready for this game to go.

Here's to you as well for a great game and no injuries! :drink:

And GO STEELERS!:tt02:

Electric Chair
01-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey you guys at least got to play last week! Imagine having to wait 2 weeks to play in a playoff game. I think most Steeler fans are ripping their hair out in anticipation right now lol. I think that's a big part of all the heavy smack talk as well, we are just pumped up and ready for this game to go.

Here's to you as well for a great game and no injuries! :drink:

And GO STEELERS!:tt02:

I remember that from two years ago when we were 14-2, were the #1 seed, and making room in our trophy case for our first Lombardi. Losing to the 10-6 Pats stung,

Any given Sunday...

I agree with the hope that whoever wins this one escapes as injury free as possible and goes to Tampa to rip that trophy out of Goodell's hands...

Chargerfanpjl
01-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Have a good game, and GO BOLTS!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Injury free game? This isn't ping pong. There will be plenty of injuries in this game.

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2009, 10:54 PM
I remember that from two years ago when we were 14-2, were the #1 seed, and making room in our trophy case for our first Lombardi. Losing to the 10-6 Pats stung,

Any given Sunday...

I agree with the hope that whoever wins this one escapes as injury free as possible and goes to Tampa to rip that trophy out of Goodell's hands...

How did the Chargers blow that game? I mean they just beat the Pats physically and statiscally throughout. At one moment, it looked like it was going to be a blowout when the lead was 14-3 in the 1st half. It wasn't like the Pats played toe-toe with them all game.

BTW-when the prevent D was called at the end of that 1st half which allowed the Pats to score a TD, it sure looked like it was Marty's call. However-guess what happened with us in the playoffs last year against the Giants-with 47 seconds to go in the 1st half, a PREVENT D was called, and the Giants marched down the field and scored. Pt being that it became obvious that Wade called that prevent in the Chargers playoff game.

Electric Chair
01-09-2009, 11:07 PM
How did the Chargers blow that game? I mean they just beat the Pats physically and statiscally throughout. At one moment, it looked like it was going to be a blowout when the lead was 14-3 in the 1st half. It wasn't like the Pats played toe-toe with them all game.

BTW-when the prevent D was called at the end of that 1st half which allowed the Pats to score a TD, it sure looked like it was Marty's call. However-guess what happened with us in the playoffs last year against the Giants-with 47 seconds to go in the 1st half, a PREVENT D was called, and the Giants marched down the field and scored. Pt being that it became obvious that Wade called that prevent in the Chargers playoff game.

I was STOKED when Marty was canned, and you guys can have Wade. I am not a fan of either guy. That game was blown by the coaches in many ways, but at the end of the day you have to tip your cap to the Pats for taking advantage.

But seeing that this is a Steeler Forum, I know that none of them give a damn. :wink02:

Wade sucks, but the Cowboys problems start and end with a meddlesome owner.

tony hipchest
01-09-2009, 11:12 PM

Any given Sunday...

i agree and would pull for the chargers in the afc. i used to like the titans/oilers (cambell, moon, george, mcnair etc.) but after the towel stomping incident i only wish them misery. same with the ravens.

if the steelers dont make it, im with the chargers....

HOWEVER, while i very rarely root for an nfc team in the sb (i did last year and any other year vs the pats, plus TB vs. OAK) i would probably pull for philadelphia or carolina and MOST definitely arizona (but hell isnt freezing over anytime soon).

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2009, 11:12 PM
I was STOKED when Marty was canned, and you guys can have Wade. I am not a fan of either guy. That game was blown by the coaches in many ways, but at the end of the day you have to tip your cap to the Pats for taking advantage.

But seeing that this is a Steeler Forum, I know that none of them give a damn. :wink02:

Wade sucks, but the Cowboys problems start and end with a meddlesome owner.

I always wonder if "The Drive" and "The Fumble" from the 80's is still in Marty's psyches. He hasn't won a playoff game since '93...since then, I've noticed his teams have played scared in the playoffs(i.e. his Chiefs had the #1 seed TWICE but went 1 and done, only to lose control of them at the end of his tenure).

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2009, 11:14 PM
i agree and would pull for the chargers in the afc. i used to like the titans/oilers (cambell, moon, george, mcnair etc.) but after the towel stomping incident i only wish them misery. same with the ravens.

if the steelers dont make it, im with the chargers....

HOWEVER, while i very rarely root for an nfc team in the sb (i did last year and any other year vs the pats, plus TB vs. OAK) i would probably pull for philadelphia or carolina.

I usually root for the NFC teams, and believe it not, my NFCE rivals Giants and Redskins. However-I can never, never, NEVER root for Philly. Ever since Buddy Ryan/Bounty Bowl in the late 80's, I've developed a deep-rooted hatred for the Eagles.

tony hipchest
01-09-2009, 11:30 PM
I usually root for the NFC teams, and believe it not, my NFCE rivals Giants and Redskins. However-I can never, never, NEVER root for Philly. Ever since Buddy Ryan/Bounty Bowl in the late 80's, I've developed a deep-rooted hatred for the Eagles.understandable.

i was born a pittsburgh fan, but when i learned the states at age 4-5 i decided on my own, that i was also a pennsylvania fan. so ive always pulled for the eagles, sixers (dr. j - iverson), and even the phillies (more from the schmidt-dykstra era's though. havent hopped onto the bandwagon lately.)

of course i love it anytime phily sticks it to the 'boys. i still remember driving between AZ and NM an listening to PHI stuff e. smith on 3rd and 1 and again on 4th and 1 on staticky AM radio in the middle of the desert. :tt03:

:drink:

Electric Chair
01-09-2009, 11:35 PM
understandable.

i was born a pittsburgh fan, but when i learned the states at age 4-5 i decided on my own, that i was also a pennsylvania fan. so ive always pulled for the eagles, sixers (dr. j - iverson), and even the phillies (more from the schmidt-dykstra era's though. havent hopped onto the bandwagon lately.)

of course i love it anytime phily sticks it to the 'boys. i still remember driving between AZ and NM an listening to PHI stuff e. smith on 3rd and 1 and again on 4th and 1 on staticky AM radio in the middle of the desert. :tt03:

Good stuff. It's one of things that makes our sport so great. I remember listening to the Bills/Oilers driving through that same desert when the Oilers choked away a 35-3 lead. I was the worlds biggest Bills Fan that last drive. It was the same in last years Super Bowl. GO GIANTS! Even though I hate that team.

Ok, I admit to having too much to drink. Lol...

Can't wait to see the drama unfold Sunday...

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2009, 11:39 PM
understandable.

*ugh* Don't remind me!:doh: I couldn't believe even Barry Switzer was dumb enough to make that call.

Although at times-I try to rationalize to myself how our DL was nicked with injuries, and teams in recent weeks were kniving through it with ease(like Ricky Watters was doing that day). Of course, rationalizing doesn't exactly erase the pain either.

And of course too, somehow Barry thought it was a good idea to move our run stuffing DT(Leon Lett) to DE during this stretch, which is when our run D took a hit. Yet another boneheaded Barry move.

devilsdancefloor
01-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Injury free game? This isn't ping pong. There will be plenty of injuries in this game.

where you dropped on your head as a child? or maybe your favorite treat was paint chips??? They are coming here and displaying "sportsmanship" you should return the favor! :thumbsup: But if they come here talking crap then you can smack back!
:drink::drink: here is to a injury free game:drink::drink: GO STEELERS!:tt02::tt02:

tony hipchest
01-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Good stuff. It's one of things that makes our sport so great. I remember listening to the Bills/Oilers driving through that same desert when the Oilers choked away a 35-3 lead. I was the worlds biggest Bills Fan that last drive. It was the same in last years Super Bowl. GO GIANTS! Even though I hate that team.

Ok, I admit to having too much to drink. Lol...

Can't wait to see the drama unfold Sunday...you'll like this one... i always seem to miss great games when i visit my grandparents in arizona.

....ive always liked the bills since OJ simpson and especially into the jim kelly era.

i had to keep updated with the bills kicking the raiders ass (what was it- 51-3? on scattered tv's at a huge swap meet ) in tucson.

one of the best games i have never watched yet followed, (quarters 1-3 atleast).

Electric Chair
01-10-2009, 12:25 AM
you'll like this one... i always seem to miss great games when i visit my grandparents in arizona.

....ive always liked the bills since OJ simpson and especially into the jim kelly era.

i had to keep updated with the bills kicking the raiders ass (what was it- 51-3? on scattered tv's at a huge swap meet ) in tucson.

one of the best games i have never watched yet followed, (quarters 1-3 atleast).

It was 51-3 and the one thing that I am sure we can all find middle ground on is a hatred for the Raiders. Lol...

That was a game after Bo Jackson's final game. By far the best RB we will ever see.

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 12:32 AM
It was 51-3 and the one thing that I am sure we can all find middle ground on is a hatred for the Raiders. Lol...

That was a game after Bo Jackson's final game. By far the best RB we will ever see.

That was also the 1st game Jay Schroeder(whom the Raiders gave up alot to the Redskins to get) got exposed big time in a Raiders uniform. I mean ANY QB would have shined with Bo Jackson in the backfield behind him...even stacking 8 men in the box couldn't stop this gem.

The thing about Bo was that I've never seen an RB so strong, fast, elusive, and incredibly hard to tackle all rolled up into one. His first game in that '87 Monday Nighter at Seattle was a beauty. Al Michaels saying "There goes Bo!" all night long was classic.

tony hipchest
01-10-2009, 12:44 AM

yep. amazing to think bo actually came back to briefly resume his baseball career. even more amazing is that the bungles effectively ruined the nfl career of bo jackson and carson palmer in 2 consecutive playoff games. :laughing:

yep, those were the good ol days when the bungles could actually make consecutive playoff appearances in a 10 year span. :chuckle:

i spent a few years growing up in cali, and just like OJ was my 2nd favorite to franco, fouts was my 2nd favorite to bradshaw.

good times, being a kid, when you didnt know any better (other than being a steelerfan of course). :wink02:

nickelbolt
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Alright... back on track... I'm off the fence....

I just watched that week 11 game again.

Chargers win this one 20-17.

LT held our offense back in that game. If Sproles had the same touches LT did... he would have gained 100 rushing... at least.

Ben made some solid plays, but no way he throws for 300 again. those little dink passes to the TE... not gonna be there this weekend.

Willie was solid, but his TD was the result of a holding call (more like a tackle)... hence... it wasn't a TD.

If the Chargers D holds the running game in check... it's over for the Steelers.

Also... Scifres WAS a factor in that game and he'll be a factor again.

It's the weekend and it's almost game time. If I'm wrong I'll gladly come back and give the Steelers their props. But I think Bad Ben shows up and Rivers Delivers.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2489/boltlt5.gifhttp://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2489/boltlt5.gif

Electric Chair
01-10-2009, 12:51 AM
yep. amazing to think bo actually came back to briefly resume his baseball career. even more amazing is that the bungles effectively ruined the nfl career of bo jackson and carson palmer in 2 consecutive playoff games. :laughing:

yep, those were the good ol days when the bungles could actually make consecutive playoff appearances in a 10 year span. :chuckle:

i spent a few years growing up in cali, and just like OJ was my 2nd favorite to franco, fouts was my 2nd favorite to bradshaw.

good times, being a kid, when you didnt know any better (other than being a steelerfan of course). :wink02:

I'm old enough to have done the "Willie Stargell" at the plate when I was in little league. :drink: Good times...

TNewman41, Bo was beyond exceptional. I remember that game and him giving BOZ a free ride into the endzone... Just a freak like talent.

We are getting a little faggy now. Let's rip each others teams again and get back to the topic at hand.

Bolts roll baby... :laughing:

tony hipchest
01-10-2009, 12:53 AM
That was also the 1st game Jay Schroeder(whom the Raiders gave up alot to the Redskins to get) got exposed big time in a Raiders uniform. I mean ANY QB would have shined with Bo Jackson in the backfield behind him...even stacking 8 men in the box couldn't stop this gem.

The thing about Bo was that I've never seen an RB so strong, fast, elusive, and incredibly hard to tackle all rolled up into one. His first game in that '87 Monday Nighter at Seattle was a beauty. Al Michaels saying "There goes Bo!" all night long was classic.remember? the bungles cracked his hip the week before. after that, they really had no answer to the high powered bills. it got into their heads and ended up in a landslide.

nickelbolt
01-10-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm old enough to have done the "Willie Stargell" at the plate when I was in little league. :drink: Good times...

TNewman41, Bo was beyond exceptional. I remember that game and him giving BOZ a free ride into the endzone... Just a freak like talent.

We are getting a little faggy now. Let's rip each others teams again and get back to the topic at hand.

Bolts roll baby... :laughing:

Go back a page and check me out EC. I'm done doubting. http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2489/boltlt5.gif

Electric Chair
01-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Go back a page and check me out EC. I'm done doubting. http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2489/boltlt5.gif

"That's my boy".

-Mr. White in Reservoir Dogs

tony hipchest
01-10-2009, 12:59 AM

Bolts roll baby... :laughing::chuckle:

thats boring.

steelers defense this year is better than any the bolts or cowboys would EVER dream of having (as was our defense from 94-95, 2001, 2004, and any team in the 70's).

how bout the bo vs. b. sanders matchup on MNF (possibly the greatest MNF running back display ever)?

nickelbolt
01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
"That's my boy".

-Mr. White in Reservoir Dogs

Yeah... remember back when I said the Steelers would win the Superbowl?

Well...

...I lied. http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4751/emotlaughdy4.gif

Electric Chair
01-10-2009, 01:08 AM
:chuckle:

thats boring.

steelers defense this year is better than any the bolts or cowboys would EVER dream of having (as was our defense from 94-95, 2001, 2004, and any team in the 70's).

how bout the bo vs. b. sanders matchup on MNF (possibly the greatest MNF running back display ever)?

1. How did that 94 D work out for you? :wink02:

2. Epic. My brother was a freak that night that he had to watch that game. We were still at home with the parents and argued about what to watch. I thank him to this day for winning that argument.,.

ricksteelers55
01-10-2009, 01:09 AM
hey here's the deal...let them run their mouth

at the end of the day we'll see who's the best team

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Alright... back on track... I'm off the fence....

I just watched that week 11 game again.

Chargers win this one 20-17.

LT held our offense back in that game. If Sproles had the same touches LT did... he would have gained 100 rushing... at least.

Ben made some solid plays, but no way he throws for 300 again. those little dink passes to the TE... not gonna be there this weekend.

Willie was solid, but his TD was the result of a holding call (more like a tackle)... hence... it wasn't a TD.

If the Chargers D holds the running game in check... it's over for the Steelers.

Also... Scifres WAS a factor in that game and he'll be a factor again.

It's the weekend and it's almost game time. If I'm wrong I'll gladly come back and give the Steelers their props. But I think Bad Ben shows up and Rivers Delivers.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2489/boltlt5.gifhttp://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2489/boltlt5.gif

Do you guys still play the 3-4 with Ron Rivera?

DJfan
01-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Now you all know why I wanted the Broncos to win the division. I have been living with this stuff all week.

I hope the Padres hype starts hard on Monday, because the bolts hype is over.

Electric Chair
01-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Do you guys still play the 3-4 with Ron Rivera?

Yes. We will run the 3-4 until Jamal is finished (at least). He is too much of a game changer at the nose...

tony hipchest
01-10-2009, 01:31 AM
1. How did that 94 D work out for you? :wink02:

see '95 when the steelers were in yet another afcc game (and sb appearance).

what were tha chargers doing? (honestly, i cant remember- but im willing to bet
the "super bowl losers curse" was in play).

believe me... every afcc game loss hurts. but if it werent for every steeler loss in that particular game they would be in the "superbowl" 25% of the time, and the nfl definitely doesnt want that type of NY yankee dominance.

Electric Chair
01-10-2009, 01:39 AM
see '95 when the steelers were in yet another afcc game (and sb appearance).

what were tha chargers doing? (honestly, i cant remember- but im willing to bet
the "super bowl losers curse" was in play).

believe me... every afcc game loss hurts. but if it werent for every steeler loss in that particular game they would be in the "superbowl" 25% of the time, and the nfl definitely doesnt want that type of NY yankee dominance.

I actually think that this is something your fanbase is overlooking. We were 14-2 two years ago. In the AFCCG last year. Now you guys want to focus on 8-8 like we are some fluke team just lucky to be here. It is gonna be interesting Sunday is all that I will say...

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2009, 01:47 AM
I actually think that this is something your fanbase is overlooking. We were 14-2 two years ago. In the AFCCG last year. Now you guys want to focus on 8-8 like we are some fluke team just lucky to be here. It is gonna be interesting Sunday is all that I will say...

In all fairness...

The wk2 Denver game and the infamous Hackuli BS call-that should have been 1 more win...9-7.

Shawn Merriman, of course the Chargers best pass rusher...that's another 2, maybe 3 more wins...11-5. Just imagine if the Colts lost Dwight Freeney for the entire season.

Not to mention too the reg season Colts game where Indy needed some luck, and won on a last second 50 yard FG. Possibly 12-4?

tony hipchest
01-10-2009, 01:48 AM
I actually think that this is something your fanbase is overlooking. We were 14-2 two years ago. In the AFCCG last year. Now you guys want to focus on 8-8 like we are some fluke team just lucky to be here. It is gonna be interesting Sunday is all that I will say...not me. i think LT singlehandedly got the chargers to this point (not the coaches and not the "talent").

not exactly by his play on the field, but by his words in his presser after they fell to 4-8 record.

LT and jerome bettis share a similar trait.... even when one is unable to physically lead, others will follow.

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Maybe I'm not giving LT enough credit, but he's never struck me as a leader, a phenomenal player, but not a leader.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 01:52 AM

Well hey, it's not like that's never happened before....the Steelers won the SB in '05 only to go 8-8 the next year.

Dallas went from winning the SB in '95 at 12-4 to going 10-6 and second in the division the next year then to 6-10 the year after that, and they've never quite recovered.

I'm just sayin, it happens.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 01:59 AM
In all fairness...

The wk2 Denver game and the infamous Hackuli BS call-that should have been 1 more win...9-7.

Shawn Merriman, of course the Chargers best pass rusher...that's another 2, maybe 3 more wins...11-5. Just imagine if the Colts lost Dwight Freeney for the entire season.

Not to mention too the reg season Colts game where Indy needed some luck, and won on a last second 50 yard FG. Possibly 12-4?

Every team has had if's this year....if the Steelers hadn't lost their long snapper against the Giants, we might have won that game, if we didn't have 2 veteran OLmen on IR we might be able to block for the run and pass better, if WP hadn't been injured half the year, who knows what he may have done. If Ben hadn't been injured since the end of week 1 I'm sure it would have affected his game play positively (he did go from 2nd best QB in the league to 24th in one season partially because of all these injuries on offense). A lot of those ifs could have resulted in us being 14-2, 15-1 or possibly undefeated. Unfortunately, it's extremely rare for any team to have a perfect season with no turmoil to overcome. It's all about how they overcome these things as a whole team.

Polamalu43
01-10-2009, 02:02 AM
Maybe I'm not giving LT enough credit, but he's never struck me as a leader, a phenomenal player, but not a leader.

I disagree here. as much as i hate the chargers, LT was a true leader till the time when the pats knocked them out, and then he started cryin. Ever since that happened it's like the guy could give a S**** about the team. if the dude had a chance to bounce and get on another team my heart tells me he would! BTW i still believe he hates that douchbag rivers...

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 02:05 AM
I disagree here. as much as i hate the chargers, LT was a true leader till the time when the pats knocked them out, and then he started cryin. Ever since that happened it's like the guy could give a S**** about the team. if the dude had a chance to bounce and get on another team my heart tells me he would! BTW i still believe he hates that douchbag rivers...

Maybe you're right. He's never been vocal or anything, maybe he just lead with his play. However, I think there is a difference between carrying and leading. I agree with you on the Rivers hating though.

Polamalu43
01-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Maybe you're right. He's never been vocal or anything, maybe he just lead with his play. However, I think there is a difference between carrying and leading. I agree with you on the Rivers hating though.

That's it right there. the guy has been the best RB in the NFL for years. Without LT the chargers right now would be what the browns are in our division!

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 02:13 AM
That's it right there. the guy has been the best RB in the NFL for years. Without LT the chargers right now would be what the browns are in our division!

And the Chargers "faithful" are ready to dump him fora guy who is 5'6" and had 1 good game. :thumbsup:

Polamalu43
01-10-2009, 02:14 AM
And the Chargers "faithful" are ready to dump him fora guy who is 5'6" and had 1 good game. :thumbsup:

You know what i really think that LT will be traded in the offseason. If not then sproles will walk and become a star on another team like michael turner.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 02:20 AM

Kind of reminds me of some Steelers faithful that have been ready to dump Ben for Lefty all year lol. :doh:

Polamalu43
01-10-2009, 02:20 AM
Kind of reminds me of some Steelers faithful that have been ready to dump Ben for Lefty all year lol. :doh:

HAHAH, that there is just crazy! Ben didn't have a great year but the guy is still solid.

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 02:23 AM
You know what i really think that LT will be traded in the offseason. If not then sproles will walk and become a star on another team like michael turner.

I don't think Sproles will ever be a star. 5'6" just won't cut it. No way.

Polamalu43
01-10-2009, 02:24 AM
I don't think Sproles will ever be a star. 5'6" just won't cut it. No way.

Nah the dude can't be an everyday back. they need to use him something like reggie bush. Anyways the chargers suck and so does sproles, they will get crushed sunday!!

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Nah the dude can't be an everyday back. they need to use him something like reggie bush. Anyways the chargers suck and so does sproles, they will get crushed sunday!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt02::helmet::tt02:

HometownGal
01-10-2009, 07:17 AM
BUMP

markymarc
01-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Nah the dude can't be an everyday back. they need to use him something like reggie bush.

I agree that Sproles can't be an every down back, but I will say this I would take him on the Steelers any day to help our return game.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I agree that Sproles can't be an every down back, but I will say this I would take him on the Steelers any day to help our return game.

Yeah he is good in that respect, I miss Randle El as our return guy, you never knew when he was going to break for a big return. Holmes just isn't as good.

It helps that we have one of the best coverage units in KR and PR this year though, I think they will continue to do a decent job this game. Fox has been irreplaceable on ST's this year and Harrison is always an asset there.

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 12:44 PM
he has beat the odds his entire life. nothing would suprise me from him anymore.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Steelers 21 Chargers 10

I think it will be a close game going into the second half. 7-10 Chargers at halftime.

warddj86
01-10-2009, 12:57 PM
chargers: good offense, average defense
steelers: extraordinary defense, average offense

should be a good one, be we will win

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 01:01 PM
i agree with the above post except for the result.

meetball
01-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I actually think that this is something your fanbase is overlooking. We were 14-2 two years ago. In the AFCCG last year. Now you guys want to focus on 8-8 like we are some fluke team just lucky to be here. It is gonna be interesting Sunday is all that I will say...Actually, I have brought that up a few times ion this thread. It doesn't do any good. We also beat the Titans twice last year. They are not hearing it. We are just the Chargers. But....Cooper is better, Castillo is better, Weddle is better, Igor is better,..When Rivera took over he made a statement to the effect that with Cottrell, a lot of guys were just out of position. 4 weeks into his tenure the improvement has been that guys are where they should be. It shows on the field. We had lost the 'edge' so to speak. We have it back at this point and we are hitting on all cylinders just like at the end of last season. I guess Sunday afternoon we will see.

Dojo Chargerfan
01-10-2009, 01:36 PM
It should be a great game. Last time was a great game. We kept the score close, although you guys dominated us physically.
You do have to realize though that we're a MUCH better team now than we were then.

meetball
01-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I disagree here. as much as i hate the chargers, LT was a true leader till the time when the pats knocked them out, and then he started cryin. Ever since that happened it's like the guy could give a S**** about the team. if the dude had a chance to bounce and get on another team my heart tells me he would! BTW i still believe he hates that douchbag rivers...Douchbag? Whats yer problem? Rivers is more of a man than you'll ever be. BTW, LT wasn't 'cryin" . What he was doing was is probably what anyone of you guys would have done when the Pats won that game and started hotdogging it on our own field. He called out the coach and players on that team and told them how bush league it was for them to do that. The Pats still wonder why everybody hates them. You telling me it would not have pissed you off? Get a clue before you start running your mouth about my team. Joker

meetball
01-10-2009, 01:40 PM
And the Chargers "faithful" are ready to dump him fora guy who is 5'6" and had 1 good game. :thumbsup:Not true knucklehead.

fansince'76
01-10-2009, 01:41 PM
BTW, LT wasn't 'cryin" . What he was doing was is probably what anyone of you guys would have done when the Pats won that game and started hotdogging it on our own field. He called out the coach and players on that team and told them how bush league it was for them to do that. The Pats still wonder why everybody hates them. You telling me it would not have pissed you off? Get a clue before you start running your mouth about my team. Joker

FWIW, LT will always have a special place with me because he called out the cheating bastards and their turd of a coach for the classless POSes they are. :drink:

meetball
01-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't think Sproles will ever be a star. 5'6" just won't cut it. No way.He is star as you put it. However for him to be an every down back would be a mistake on the Chargers.

meetball
01-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Nah the dude can't be an everyday back. they need to use him something like reggie bush. Anyways the chargers suck and so does sproles, they will get crushed sunday!!Steelers suck and so do you.

meetball
01-10-2009, 01:44 PM
It should be a great game. Last time was a great game. We kept the score close, although you guys dominated us STATISTICALLY
You do have to realize though that we're a MUCH better team now than we were then. Fixed it for ya.

meetball
01-10-2009, 01:46 PM
FWIW, LT will always have a special place with me because he called out the cheating bastards and their turd of a coach for the classless POSes they are. :drink:It means a lot. Thank you.

welder4pit
01-10-2009, 01:46 PM
I still say the reason vincent jackson was drinking heavily was becaase he had to see the steelers d on film for a second time this year. heres to you and your fans vince. you both will be crying in your beer tomorrow nite:drink::tt03::rofl:

meetball
01-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Steelers suck and so do you.Okay, my bad. The Steelers don't suck. I didn't mean that. I'm just in a crappy mood today.

Truthfully, I do like the Steelers.

welder4pit
01-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Okay, my bad. The Steelers don't suck. I didn't mean that. I'm just in a crappy mood today.

Truthfully, I do like the Steelers.if you think your in a crabby mood today wait til tomorrow :tt02:

Jammer
01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
26 F with a 5 MPH wind perfect Chargers weather

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 02:06 PM

That's todays weather....32 degrees and feels like 26 with 6mph winds.

Tomorrow weather.com is saying 10mph winds 26 degrees (feels like 15) for gametime. 10% chance of snow in the afternoon with flurries picking up in the evening.

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 02:08 PM
a snow game would be badass. i would go shirtless if i was in the stadium.

tony hipchest
01-10-2009, 02:09 PM
thats great news. scifres only punts well with a cool oceanic breeze at his back.

looks like another "advantage" negated.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 02:11 PM
a snow game would be badass. i would go shirtless if i was in the stadium.

One of the vendors at Heinz field did this during the Cowboys game when the wind chill was 7 degrees.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EjdgPm_VH2c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EjdgPm_VH2c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BehindSteelCurtain
01-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Chargers<Steelers

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 02:15 PM
thats just taking it too far. lol wat about the people around him?

chocolatethunder
01-10-2009, 02:19 PM
thats great news. scifres only punts well with a cool oceanic breeze at his back.

That's funny. I never knew the Q was next to the water or had any breeze going through it and I have season tix. How did you know that?

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 02:19 PM
thats just taking it too far. lol wat about the people around him?

That's a misleading angle, if you saw the other clip on youtube from a fan in the stands camera angle (which is the second or third clip after the vid is done, didn't see that one before I posted this one) he was doing it in front of the front row, so no one was behind him or or really off to the side of him.

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 02:23 PM
That's funny. I never knew the Q was next to the water or had any breeze going through it and I have season tix. How did you know that?
there is a flowing river on the sidelines that the players drink from fyi. pure mountain water.:drink:

HometownGal
01-10-2009, 02:30 PM
there is a flowing river on the sidelines that the players drink from fyi. pure mountain water.:drink:

No, no, no - you got it all wrong, I'm tellin' ya. That river on the sidelines is flowing with Kool Aid for all of you Bolts fans. :chuckle::flap:

HometownGal
01-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Put down the Kool-Aid Jammer. I nailed you earlier this week on the "wintry" San Diego weather vis-a-vis Pittsburgh's winter climate.

ADVANTAGE: Steelers. Period.

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 02:35 PM
hateraid is on the away teams sidelines.

Bolt4Life
01-11-2009, 11:11 AM
The media is quick to point out that…
- The Steelers (along with the Cardinals) were the only NFL teams to win all of their Division games.

- The Chargers are 0-5 against playoff teams

- The Steelers had the toughest schedule during the regular season

What the media doesn’t want to acknowledge is that….

- The Chargers finished 5 -1 in Divisional play with their only loss handed to then by Ed Hochuli

- If you discount the two games against Division rival BAL, the Steelers were 1-3 against playoff teams and, if you throw out the SD game, they were 0-3 against playoff teams.

- Not only did the Chargers face 5 non-divisional teams that ended up in the playoffs, they beat 3 non-divisional teams that, if not for the fact that they lost to SD, would have made the playoffs.

in addition..........

the steelers opponents had a composite record of 114-92-2 for a winning percentage of .548

the bolts opponents had a composite record of 117-91 for a winning percentage of .562

so who really had the more difficult schedule?

The mediots can make that claim, but with a little research you can fid out that they really dont know what the heck they are talking about.

:blah:

Here is too a good game on both sides!

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 11:16 AM
IF, if, if, if, if, They're in the media and you're postulating about if's who is the bigger idiot?

sdchargeher
01-11-2009, 11:17 AM
- The Steelers (along with the Cardinals) were the only NFL teams to win all of their Division games.

- The Chargers finished 5 -1 in Divisional play with their only loss handed to then by Ed Hochuli

- If you discount the two games against Division rival BAL, the Steelers were 1-3 against playoff teams and, if you throw out the SD game, they were 0-3 against playoff teams.

- Not only did the Chargers face 5 non-divisional teams that ended up in the playoffs, they beat 3 non-divisional teams that, if not for the fact that they lost to SD, would have made the playoffs.

in addition..........

the steelers opponents had a composite record of 114-92-2 for a winning percentage of .548

the bolts opponents had a composite record of 117-91 for a winning percentage of .562

The mediots can make that claim, but with a little research you can fid out that they really dont know what the heck they are talking about.

Great info now I think the Chargers will win 24-13.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-11-2009, 11:18 AM

in addition..........

Did the Chargers play any NFC East teams?

sdchargeher
01-11-2009, 11:19 AM

rofl so where was the sea breeze last week as mission VALLLEY is INLAND. I understand being confused because of the constant ocean shots but our stadium is not by the water like petco park is.

sdchargeher
01-11-2009, 11:22 AM

OMG PERFECT Chargers weather. This is great. And when they took off the tarp the field looked great.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Chargers Schedule

Panthers
Broncos
Jets
Raiders
Dolphins
Patriots
Bills
Saints
Chiefs
Steelers
Colts
Falcons
Raiders
Chiefs
Bucs
Broncos

Steelers Schedule

Texans
Browns
Eagles
Ravens
Jaguars
Bengals
Giants
Redskins
Colts
Chargers
Bengals
Patriots
Cowboys
Ravens
Titans
Browns

Now you tell me which one looks harder. My vote Steelers.

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 11:55 AM

in addition..........

Lol you can't discount the Steelers winning games vs. playoff teams, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard....what a far fetched way to rationalize things.

Break it down any way you want but the Steelers DID beat playoff teams 3 times this season (and beat the Pats and Cowboys, both games if lost would put them into the playoffs and keep Pitt out).

What a silly argument.

sdnunes
01-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Chargers Schedule

Panthers
Broncos
Jets
Raiders
Dolphins
Patriots
Bills
Saints
Chiefs
Steelers
Colts
Falcons
Raiders
Chiefs
Bucs
Broncos

Steelers Schedule

Texans
Browns
Eagles
Ravens
Jaguars
Bengals
Giants
Redskins
Colts
Chargers
Bengals
Patriots
Cowboys
Ravens
Titans
Browns

If Cincinnati loses the tie with Philadelphia, the Chargers and Steelers would have the exact same strength of schedule.

And before you hit "quick reply" and furiously type "well, who had the better record?!",
that wasn't my point. My point was you must not have known the S.O.S. for either team...

Bolt4Life
01-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Chargers Schedule

Panthers
Broncos
Jets
Raiders
Dolphins
Patriots
Bills
Saints
Chiefs
Steelers
Colts
Falcons
Raiders
Chiefs
Bucs
Broncos

Steelers Schedule

Texans
Browns
Eagles
Ravens
Jaguars
Bengals
Giants
Redskins
Colts
Chargers
Bengals
Patriots
Cowboys
Ravens
Titans
Browns

Let's see which one 'looks' harder and which one 'was' harder? :applaudit:

MACH1
01-11-2009, 12:23 PM
8-8

BehindSteelCurtain
01-11-2009, 12:25 PM

Chargers didn't play any NFC East teams and didn't play the Titans who had the best regular season.

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 12:31 PM

They may look about even, but there's one glaring difference in the schedule....Steelers had to play half of their season against top 10 defenses, Chargers.....3???

Yes 3, Steelers, Pats and Bucs

Steelers played Ravens twice, Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Pats and Titans.

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Let these trolls go back to their forum, see you Chargeless fans in about 6 hrs!!!:wave:

jcdavey08
01-11-2009, 01:10 PM
glad you guys are selling sd short, i hope your players do too

at least your coach isn't that retarded, he knows what's up

Frankie3521
01-11-2009, 01:13 PM
stomp into the ground? you make it sound like its men against boys. Don't be fooled. The Bolt's are every bit as good as the Steelers. I only hope the players are half as koky as most of the posters on this forum. Let me get this straight. By virtue of your earlier 11-10 win you really think your going to waltz right through this thing? The only difference I see between this board and the Colt's forum last week is the address bar in my computer.

You're on our forums, what the hell do you expect? If you don't like the confidence and biased opinion we offer, go back to your own community. Nobody, and really, I mean nobody gives a shit what any of you think. You're not intimidating us by coming here and talking about how we barely beat you last game. You were dominated in every facet of the game, bad officiating kept it close. Just leave, nobody cares.

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 01:15 PM
glad you guys are selling sd short, i hope your players do too

at least your coach isn't that retarded, he knows what's up

I'm sure you do hope the players are taking this game lightly.....you would be sorely mistaken though. They don't take any game lightly during the regular season or especially in the playoffs.

What do you expect on a Steelers forum though honestly? Do you really expect us not to have faith in our team and be proud of all they have accomplished this year and think that they can beat anyone that stands in our way?

I've browsed the Chargers forums as well, and let me tell you, Chargers fans have no room to talk by coming over here and telling us we shouldn't be so confident in our players. Many of your fans have already deemed SD superbowl winners and are predicting a blowout for this game.

Get over it, we're Steelers fans and we have faith!!!!

:tt03:

VegasStlrFan
01-11-2009, 01:16 PM
If I wasnt sure statistics were total BS before this game, now I'm convinced. SOS doesn't tell you how the teams were playing when they played. It doesn't take into consideration who was hot at the time, who was struggling, who was injured, game conditons, rivalries, etc.... I say the Steelers schedule was brutal, no matter where it started or ended on the SOS.

redst3
01-11-2009, 01:20 PM
You're on our forums, what the hell do you expect? If you don't like the confidence and biased opinion we offer, go back to your own community. Nobody, and really, I mean nobody gives a shit what any of you think. You're not intimidating us by coming here and talking about how we barely beat you last game. You were dominated in every facet of the game, bad officiating kept it close. Just leave, nobody cares.

I think the ironic thing is the fact that the mass of these trolls have been disrespecting the Steelers and then whining about not being respected. It started to get old after about 2 days. There have been some classy Bolts fans here and there, but mostly its just a refusal to acknowledge how good the Steelers are while expecting us to do the same for an 8-8 team that backed in to the playoffs.

I will say it here and now, just as i have a couple of other times. Its a good story. I like the Chargers, and I think Rivers is a good quarterback. I also honestly think the Steelers are going to fully dominate this game.

millwalldavey
01-11-2009, 01:21 PM
do they realize that MILLIONS strong are against them today?