PDA

View Full Version : Who the h*ll is Chris Strait & why does he hate us?

SteelersMongol
01-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Who is this, Chris Strait guy & why is this comedian hates us?

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0901/nfl.comedians.super.bowl.picks/images/chris-strait.jpg

Cuz he said "New York Giants (will win SuperBowl this year). If they can do it by defeating the Steelers, they will have taken out two of the most annoying fan-bases in back-to-back years!"

What irritated me most is that he actually dared to compare us with the New England Cheatriots fans.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0901/nfl.comedians.super.bowl.picks/content.10.html

CASTEEL
01-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Who the h*ll is Chris Strait & why doesn he hate us?

Only answer I have is he's a no name comedian, and who the hell cares what he thinks?

Hammer67
01-09-2009, 12:51 PM
As someone who lives in an NFL city outside of the Burgh, I can tell you the majority of it is envy, while some of it is too much pomp on the Steeler fan's part.

Mostly it's envy, though.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Mostly it's envy

Exactly. We're widely regarded as the best fans in the NFL. No other team's fan base wants to hear that. "The truth hurts" as they say.

Screw this guy.

fansince'76
01-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Who? :coffee:

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Who? :coffee:

:rofl: I keep forgetting that sometimes the best responses are the most simple ones. Kudos!

Hammer67
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Exactly. We're widely regarded as the best fans in the NFL. No other team's fan base wants to hear that. "The truth hurts" as they say.

Screw this guy.

I do see some pompous Steeler fans from time to time and that can get annoying. Not as bad as Browns fans, but some people are just too obnoxious and it rubs people the wrong way.

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I do see some pompous Steeler fans from time to time and that can get annoying. Not as bad as Browns fans, but some people are just too obnoxious and it rubs people the wrong way.

All fans bases have them, but it's like they say in Russia, "Tough Shitski." :chuckle:

TailgateMel
01-09-2009, 01:53 PM
and he matters because???

I've never even seen him on some of the comedy centrals "unfunny comdeians that you never heard of & wish you didn't turn the channel to" shows

cubanstogie
01-09-2009, 01:54 PM
As someone who lives in an NFL city outside of the Burgh, I can tell you the majority of it is envy, while some of it is too much pomp on the Steeler fan's part.

Mostly it's envy, though.

Envy is right. Yesterday I am playing golf here in Northern California and its cold and foggy (by our standards) 45 degrees. So I am wearing my Steelers beanie and there is literally a couple of dozen people playing. I go into the bar to get a hot chocalate and pepperment schnapps, and in comes a dude with a Steelers beanie and Steelers gloves. 2500 miles away and Steelers fans dominate any non bay area team. I don't think there has ever even been a Giant or Patriot fan wearing a beanie cap on my home course yet alone 2 in the same day. Steelers fans are proud, loyal and know their football. Pure effing Jealousy by this ignorant pansy.

Hammer67
01-09-2009, 01:55 PM
All fans bases have them, but it's like they say in Russia, "Tough Shitski." :chuckle:

Your right, but ours are magnified because the team does so well. It's why no one cared about Pat's fans before 2000. Now they do because the team is good.

fansince'76
01-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Your right, but ours are magnified because the team does so well. It's why no one cared about Pat's fans before 2000. Now they do because the team is good.

The Pats fanbase before 2001 was also exponentially smaller than it is now.