2. California C Alex Mack
3a. Miss. St. FS/KR Derek Pegues
b. Wisconsin G Kraig Urbik
4. Oregon OT Fenuki Tupou
5. Michigan DE Tim Jamison
6. Maryland CB Kevin Barnes
7a. WVU WR Pat White (next Hines)
b. LSU FB Quinn Johnson

Go ahead and rip it up! All needs as far as I can tell are covered.....

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 09:04 AM
i can guarantee that mack will not be there at the end of the 2nd. :doh:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2009, 10:17 AM
i can guarantee that mack will not be there at the end of the 2nd. :doh:

But Loadholt might. I still havent watched the tape of last nights game to evaluate him further. Just saw the end and they were running a lot of quick passes where he didnt set his feet well.

MDSteel15
01-09-2009, 10:20 AM
But Loadholt might. I still havent watched the tape of last nights game to evaluate him further. Just saw the end and they were running a lot of quick passes where he didnt set his feet well.

Then switch the 2!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2009, 02:17 PM
After watching the BCS championship game, I am not entirely sold on Loadholt. He played a poor game, was inconsistent with his technique and didnt really use his long arms to his advantage.

Honestly, Alex Boone looked better in OSU's loss to Texas than Loadholt did last night.

Dr. Steel
01-09-2009, 02:26 PM
As the combine and draft draws near. Loadholt's stock will slip and really I won't be surprised if he ends being a 3rd round or worse.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 02:43 PM
After watching the BCS championship game, I am not entirely sold on Loadholt. He played a poor game, was inconsistent with his technique and didnt really use his long arms to his advantage.

Honestly, Alex Boone looked better in OSU's loss to Texas than Loadholt did last night.loadholt, boone = max starks

MDSteel15
01-09-2009, 02:47 PM
So is Loadholt the ony issue with my draft?

Texasteel
01-09-2009, 02:48 PM

Honestly, Alex Boone looked better in OSU's loss to Texas than Loadholt did last night.

:smile: And Boone looks to be sliding, I think that he may work his way back in the 2nd round by draft day though. After all, teams seem to go a little nuts when they are looking at OTs

Texasteel
01-09-2009, 02:54 PM
So is Loadholt the ony issue with my draft?

I feel pretty sure that all of the other guys you picked will be gone 1 round before you picked them. Exept for White, I think he will go in the 4th. They are some pretty nice players though.

MDSteel15
01-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I try...

Besides, I am hoping Oher slips after everyone declares!!!!

Texasteel
01-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I try

You did a good job. I think you need to move everyone up one notch and maybe rethink OT. That sure as hell doesn't mean I'm right.

Were you thinking of Jamison shifting to OLB in our 3-4. If so remember we still have Davis.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 03:16 PM
1. Oklahoma OT Phil Loadholt - i would take him any sooner than the 3rd, unless he shows up at the combine 20 lbs lighter, and looks good in the drills

2. California C Alex Mack - i wouldn't complain if he was the first rd pick

3a. Miss. St. FS/KR Derek Pegues - i like this pick

b. Wisconsin G Kraig Urbik - i could live with it

4. Oregon OT Fenuki Tupou - i could live with it

5. Michigan DE Tim Jamison-i could live with it

6. Maryland CB Kevin Barnes - hell yeah ...i doubt he'll slide past the 4th

7a. WVU WR Pat White (next Hines) - i don't understand the obsession with having a former qb at reciever

b. LSU FB Quinn Johnson - worth a shot

MDSteel15
01-09-2009, 03:21 PM
You did a good job. I think you need to move everyone up one notch and maybe rethink OT. That sure as hell doesn't mean I'm right.

Were you thinking of Jamison shifting to OLB in our 3-4. If so remember we still have Davis.

My bad, I meant Terrance Taylor....

MDSteel15
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
1. Oklahoma OT Phil Loadholt - i would take him any sooner than the 3rd, unless he shows up at the combine 20 lbs lighter, and looks good in the drills

2. California C Alex Mack - i wouldn't complain if he was the first rd pick

3a. Miss. St. FS/KR Derek Pegues - i like this pick

b. Wisconsin G Kraig Urbik - i could live with it

4. Oregon OT Fenuki Tupou - i could live with it

5. Michigan DE Tim Jamison-i could live with it

6. Maryland CB Kevin Barnes - hell yeah ...i doubt he'll slide past the 4th

7a. WVU WR Pat White (next Hines) - i don't understand the obsession with having a former qb at reciever
b. LSU FB Quinn Johnson - worth a shot

No obsession, just like his speed and intangibles! That late, isn't he worth a shot?

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 04:04 PM
No obsession, just like his speed and intangibles! That late, isn't he worth a shot?but what leads you to believe, one of his intangibles, are good hands? i don't recall seeing him catch too many balls at wvu....:noidea: i'd rather take a chance on a guy like mike thomas from arizona, who actually IS a reciever, and can return punts.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2009, 05:06 PM
- i don't understand the obsession with having a former qb at reciever

What....you mean you are not in the camp of "we should play Dennis Dixon at WR or let him return kicks." ?? :wink:

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 05:21 PM
What....you mean you are not in the camp of "we should play Dennis Dixon at WR or let him return kicks." ?? :wink:actually i would like to see him on the field occassionaly to some compacity. the guy is a hell of an athlete, and since he's ALREADY on the roster, why not get him on the field for a few plays ,and see what happens? at the very least it adds one more element that defenses have to game plan for. i don't think it would hurt to much to sacrifice, 2 or 3 of the running plays that usually go for a yard or less....

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM
actually i would like to see him on the field occassionaly to some compacity. the guy is a hell of an athlete, and since he's ALREADY on the roster, why not get him on the field for a few plays ,and see what happens? at the very least it adds one more element that defenses have to game plan for.

I've just never understood why some think he can be a WR or return kicks, when he never did that in college and to my knowledge, the kid was a QB in highschool too. I think he is a QB and that is it. I think Vince Young is a better runner than Dixon, but Dixon might be a better passer than VY.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I've just never understood why some think he can be a WR or return kicks, when he never did that in college and to my knowledge, the kid was a QB in highschool too. I think he is a QB and that is it. I think Vince Young is a better runner than Dixon, but Dixon might be a better passer than VY.was kordell a wr, or rb in college? no.... but the coaches realized he was a great athlete, and took advantage of it. in the few plays dixon got in on this year ,and in college, he has shown he can run with the ball. he ran for 583 yards and 9 tds his senior year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2009, 06:34 PM
was kordell a wr, or rb in college? no.... but the coaches realized he was a great athlete, and took advantage of it. in the few plays dixon got in on this year ,and in college, he has shown he can run with the ball. he ran for 583 yards and 9 tds his senior year.

No he wasnt, but he worked out for NFL scouts as a WR and was drafted with the idea that he would play WR, just like Randle El.

I just never saw Dixon as a WR. I just think he is a long strider rather than a quick guy that can get in and out of breaks. Pat White has the quickness to be a WR, but I have no clue if he catches well. Apparantly the NFL scouts want to see him as QB because he is a Seneca Wallace type player. Dixon is a good athlete, but he isnt as well suited to be a WR as White is, IMO.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2009, 07:15 PM
No he wasnt, but he worked out for NFL scouts as a WR and was drafted with the idea that he would play WR, just like Randle El.

I just never saw Dixon as a WR. I just think he is a long strider rather than a quick guy that can get in and out of breaks. Pat White has the quickness to be a WR, but I have no clue if he catches well. Apparantly the NFL scouts want to see him as QB because he is a Seneca Wallace type player. Dixon is a good athlete, but he isnt as well suited to be a WR as White is, IMO.oh i'm not advocating trying to turn him into a reciever or returning punts, i'm just saying they could draw up a few plays just to get him on the field to confuse the D. ....the guy can run the ball.....otherwise he wouldn't have had over 100 carries his senior season....as far as white goes, he isn't on our roster, and i don't like the idea of wasting a pick on him , just to find out he can't cut it as a reciever. dixon sure doesn't look too slow in this video...<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/REGaN0h2kPE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/REGaN0h2kPE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Nice video. It really shows Dixon's long striding smooth speed once he gets going.

I dont doubt that Dixon can run, but can he run in the NFL? The Houston Cougars defense probably is a bit slower than even the Browns defense. The best 40 that he ever clocked was a 4.49. Both that time and that 80 yard TD run against Houston(8-5) in that video were before his knee injury.

I really dont care if White is drafted either, but I also don't hold out too much hope that the Steelers will choose to utilize a QB with 4.5 speed to strike fear into opposing teams. I dont know if Dixon will see the field next year either?

MDSteel15
01-09-2009, 11:17 PM
was kordell a wr, or rb in college? no.... but the coaches realized he was a great athlete, and took advantage of it. in the few plays dixon got in on this year ,and in college, he has shown he can run with the ball. he ran for 583 yards and 9 tds his senior year.

Thank you for answering for me MOP! That's my point about White... You already know he is fast and it would add something to our O- if he is anything like another WR we had.... Randel El...........

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Nice video. It really shows Dixon's long striding smooth speed once he gets going.

I dont doubt that Dixon can run, but can he run in the NFL? The Houston Cougars defense probably is a bit slower than even the Browns defense. The best 40 that he ever clocked was a 4.49. Both that time and that 80 yard TD run against Houston(8-5) in that video were before his knee injury.

I really dont care if White is drafted either, but I also don't hold out too much hope that the Steelers will choose to utilize a QB with 4.5 speed to strike fear into opposing teams. I dont know if Dixon will see the field next year either?the safety chasing him ran a 4.42....:noidea:
Rocky Schwartz, SS, Houston
Height: 5-10. Weight: 204.
Projected 40 Time: 4.44.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.42.

Rhee Rhee
01-10-2009, 11:52 PM
i LOVE the derek pegues pick...

AND the tim jamison pick..... AND the quinn johnson pick... all guys are solid day two picks...

BehindSteelCurtain
01-11-2009, 12:11 AM
I really like Glen Coffee. He's big and strong just what we need.

MasterOfPuppets
01-11-2009, 12:15 AM
i LOVE the derek pegues pick...

AND the tim jamison pick..... AND the quinn johnson pick... all guys are solid day two picks...same here....:thumbsup:

MDSteel15
01-11-2009, 02:12 AM
thanks guys :thumbsup:

Aussie_steeler
01-11-2009, 04:33 AM
1. Oklahoma OT Phil Loadholt
2. California C Alex Mack
3a. Miss. St. FS/KR Derek Pegues
b. Wisconsin G Kraig Urbik
4. Oregon OT Fenuki Tupou
5. Michigan DE Tim Jamison
6. Maryland CB Kevin Barnes
7a. WVU WR Pat White (next Hines)
b. LSU FB Quinn Johnson

Go ahead and rip it up! All needs as far as I can tell are covered.....

I like most of it. :thumbsup: 4 O-line and 1 D-line solidifies the trenches which is a necessity.

I agree with the other comments. Swap Mack and Loadholt and maybe swap Urbik and Tupou. I am a big Mack fan so I love this mock just for that pick alone.

Love the Pegues pick. I have been going back and forth between Pegues and Rashad Johnson as 3rd round options at FS currently and I dont think we would go wrong with either.

Barnes is a good pick but probably goes higher. I personally like Joe Burnett for much the same reason (CB and return duties)

Not sure about Pat White - I will ponder that one for a while.

:drink: Job well done

Believe43
01-17-2009, 10:35 AM
The one thing about Pat White is he is a playmaker whether it be running or throwing the football. As a sidebar he is also a Steeler fan. Probably because he has seen what the Steelers have done with Hines Ward, Randel El, Kordell at WR. A real team player that I believe would do anything the team asks him to do to make them better. He would be a steal if he is around in the later rounds.

MDSteel15
01-17-2009, 06:56 PM
The one thing about Pat White is he is a playmaker whether it be running or throwing the football. As a sidebar he is also a Steeler fan. Probably because he has seen what the Steelers have done with Hines Ward, Randel El, Kordell at WR. A real team player that I believe would do anything the team asks him to do to make them better. He would be a steal if he is around in the later rounds.

That's what I believe also... Hopefully we could usse him somehow :tt:

silverbackattack
01-19-2009, 12:39 AM
I doubt very much if White is going to be around in the 7th. He's going no later than the 3rd or 4th round.

MDSteel15
01-19-2009, 11:24 AM
I doubt very much if White is going to be around in the 7th. He's going no later than the 3rd or 4th round.

I can always wish! :chuckle: