PDA

View Full Version : NFL Hair Police

BB2W
12-21-2005, 04:44 PM
I was watching "Around the Horn" and "Pardon the Interuption", and they said the Florida Times Union is reporting that at least one executive from many of the NFL's 32 franchises will try to have a rule passed to regulate the length of hair that hangs out from under a players helmet.

Koopa
12-21-2005, 05:23 PM
that's pretty fagged out, wtf does it matter how long someones hair is? it doesn't change the game, and players are allowed to use the long hair to tackle. and who cares if it covers names, not like ppl don't know who they are. pro leagues are getting stupider and stupider by the min. first a dress code in the nba, and now ppl throwing to change ppls hair in the nfl.

clevestinks
12-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Tell them that the NFL isn`t supposed to be commies!

RoethlisBURGHer
12-21-2005, 05:49 PM
That is stupid as hell.Who really cares how long a guys hair is?Leave it up to the player,at one point they'll cut it,probally after being dragged down by it.

Prosdo
12-21-2005, 05:56 PM
That sounds rather ridiculous to me.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
The yankees have a rule about facial hair and the length of hair their players are allowed to have.. I think its pretty stupid !! and I guarantee you if Troy had to cut his hair they're will be hell to pay !

Sharkissle29
12-21-2005, 07:45 PM
its all bc of troy :-P......what if a man doesnt want to get his hair cut? can he not play? its pretty ridiculous that the NFL would make someone cut their hair. to some people (im sure for troy) hair is who they are, they shouldnt make them cut it.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Remember when troy first started he always had his hair in a pony tail, then he talked about in a press conferenece or interview about letting his down and just being himself..

There's lots of players w/ long hair, I think it looks cool as hell.

clevestinks
12-21-2005, 08:29 PM
The yankees have a rule about facial hair and the length of hair their players are allowed to have.. I think its pretty stupid !! and I guarantee you if Troy had to cut his hair they're will be hell to pay !
Actually alot of baseball teams have that same rule. But football players have helmets on anyway! I could se having to keep it in a ponytail!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2005, 09:09 PM
I think I read somewhere a long time ago but I cant remember exactly that Troy mentioned about his hair being part of his culture and he was not about to cut it.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Leave the hair alone that's a stupid rule. Let players we're it as long as the want.

BB2W
12-21-2005, 11:03 PM
its all bc of troy :-P......what if a man doesnt want to get his hair cut? can he not play?
There has to be a way to have long hair and still play... they mentioned tucking it into a hair net, but players would have to wear an oversized helmet and that is a safety concern. I am sure players like Polamalu who do not want to cut it for reasons greater than personel appearance will figure something out.

pitt
12-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Making a player cut his hair is beyond stupid. They should make rules about the refs not allowed to walk around with their heads up their butts instead. THAT is more inportant to the outcome of the game than Troys wavy hair.

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2005, 06:15 AM
Making a player cut his hair is beyond stupid. They should make rules about the refs not allowed to walk around with their heads up their butts instead. THAT is more inportant to the outcome of the game than Troys wavy hair.

Maybe that's why I yell at refs when they screw up.

TasmanianTroy271
12-22-2005, 11:01 AM
This happenend to my dad's friend in High School. He was able to kick 40+ yard field goals, and he could've been the team's kicker. All he had to do was cut his hair. Now, this was back in the 60's! You'd think we'd be a little more mature with it here. Maybe Troy will have to get a note from his doctor or mother or priest or whatever...

Steel - X
12-22-2005, 12:24 PM
but players would have to wear an oversized helmet and that is a safety concern.

If they have the hair coming out of there helmet now they actually have to get bigger helmets also. Not saying that I agree with the hair rule just throwing that out there.

And for the yankees and there hair issue that is a Steinbrenner (spelling?) rule. I heard an interview with him and he said if I am going to pay you that much money to wear my uniform you will do as I say.

clevestinks
12-22-2005, 12:35 PM
If they have the hair coming out of there helmet now they actually have to get bigger helmets also. Not saying that I agree with the hair rule just throwing that out there.

And for the yankees and there hair issue that is a Steinbrenner (spelling?) rule. I heard an interview with him and he said if I am going to pay you that much money to wear my uniform you will do as I say.
That was always a rule in Cinci reds also, I remember when Dave Parker went there, and he was always bearded as a Pirate, first game of the season, Clean shaven! All the refs need to know is your number, not your name. So Troy let it flow!

Steel - X
12-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah Let it flow is right!

TasmanianTroy271
12-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Let It Grow (2005 NFL Hair Controvery Version) by Eric Clapton

I?m standin? at the stadium
Tryin? to read the signs
To tell me which way I should
Go to find the answer
And all the time I know
Let your hair and let it grow.