PDA

View Full Version : Samkon Gado tears MCL

BB2W
12-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Already playing without their top two running backs, the Green Bay Packers have now lost Samkon Gado for the year with a knee injury.

Gado tore the medial collateral ligament in his right knee, and Head Coach Mike Sherman said he will miss three to six weeks. The good news, however, is that Gado's injury does not require surgery to heal.

"It's just rest and rehab for him," Sherman said.

Sherman did not announce a starter to replace Gado but said both rookie Noah Herron and four-year veteran Tony Fisher will receive action.

"As of right now, Herron and Fisher will hold down the fort," Sherman said.

Herron, signed off the Pittsburgh Steelers' practice squad on Nov. 30, received his first NFL carry against the Baltimore Ravens, running eight times for 27 yards. Fisher, who started against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 7, rushed four times for 27 yards on Monday.

Gado's injury abruptly ended his storybook season. Released from the Kansas City Chiefs' practice squad after the first month of the season, the undrafted rookie free agent ascended the depth chart, rising from Packers practice squader to starting running back in less than four weeks. Along the way, he surpassed 100 rushing yards three times, including a Packers' rookie record of 171 yards in Week 14. Gado leads all rookie runners in touchdowns with six.

Gado injured his knee with 1:48 left in the first quarter of Monday's game. He went down in a pile as Aubrayo Franklin and Kelly Gregg tackled him. Gado finished Monday's game with six rushes for 45 yards and the season with 143 rushes for 582 yards.

link-----> http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2005/12/20/5/

TasmanianTroy271
12-21-2005, 05:12 PM
I really liked watching Gado run, he seems like he's gonna be really good someday. Get well soon, buddy.

BB2W
12-21-2005, 05:15 PM
I really liked watching Gado run, he seems like he's gonna be really good someday.
Yeah, this is too bad. He was having a great year that even he couldn't have imagined. Former Steeler Noah Herron will move up the depth chart and get a chance to show what he can do. Hopefully he does well...

Koopa
12-21-2005, 05:18 PM
herron i think had 27 yards on monday. sucks for gado but he's only going to miss two games so not to bad for the packers since there season was over after week one

Prosdo
12-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow can Green Bay have any more bad luck? Jeez

RoethlisBURGHer
12-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Wow,that sucks,I really like Samkon Gado.If he could ditch the fumbleitis,I'd like to see him in Black and Gold.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Thats too bad, that guy was just fun to watch !

clevestinks
12-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Gado`s knee cost me a playoff fantasy win!

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Just adds insult to injury with the loss of Gado for Green Bay. Not how Farve wanted to end his carrier.

Koopa
12-21-2005, 09:57 PM
i don't think this is the end of favre career just yet. i say he comes back for one more year. he might have javon walker back. i don't think green will sign anywhere else so he'll probably stay with the packers one more season, and he'll probably miss the first month. gado will have this years experince and he can easily fix his fumbling problem, just don't let green talk to him. i hate favre but i respect him a lot and i don't want him to end his career this way. next year won't be no playoffs but at least he can have a decent season record wise like 7-9 or 8-8

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2005, 06:07 AM
True Koopa, You got a point. If Walker comes back. Farve COULD come back. Well Will have to wait and find out.

TasmanianTroy271
12-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Fav-ray will be back, I'm more interested in the Running Back situation. Do you think they'll go with Gado next year? or Amhad Green? How long are their RB's signed for?

RoethlisBURGHer
12-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Green is a FA after this year,I think Gado is signed for only 2 more years after this year is up.

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2005, 06:33 PM
With Brett in a situation like The Bus He might retire since all the problems bugging the Packers seem to have no solution

BB2W
12-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Green is a FA after this year,I think Gado is signed for only 2 more years after this year is up.
Najeh Davenport is also a free agent...

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Davenport being a FA makes the choice more clear probably for Farve RETIREMENT.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Najeh Davenport is also a free agent...

Damn,didn't know that.Looks like Gado might be the starter in GB by default next year.

Koopa
12-22-2005, 07:32 PM
it doesn't matter about the running back situation with favre. he probably still has a year or 2 left in him, he ain't got nothing else to do with his life, and i seriously doubt he wants to go out like this. plus they don't have another qb so they better hope he stays another year so maybe they can draft a good qb in the first round (i know i know, they drafted arron rodgers. but rodgers= whining little ***** and a bust in the nfl). if javon walker comes back he'll have what he's been missing all year, a target that will get the ball for him. and they can add someone good in this years draft to help him out.